Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / what is up with this?
Posted: May 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Posted: May 12, 2011 3:32 pm

looks like mike sniper is looking for a roomie. what's the big deal?
Posted: May 12, 2011 3:47 pm

"I'm very intelligent, outgoing, handsome young man."

way to put your best foor forward.
Posted: May 12, 2011 3:49 pm

or this one:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/roo/2375931605.html

"The Roommates" ??

such subjectivity.
Posted: May 12, 2011 4:56 pm

"mostly gets along with everybody"

key word: mostly
Posted: May 13, 2011 7:40 am

"Potential roommate must have bisexual haircut"

sike! It doesn't say that.
Posted: May 13, 2011 7:42 am

Jenna are you dead set on NY? Because I have a spare bedroom with two drum sets stored in it....you could learn to play drums as long as you use pads. No not sanitary pads silly! But those are a must as well.
Posted: May 13, 2011 9:44 am

popular upscale Bowery Street

This freaks me out. I HATE what has happened to that neighborhood.
Posted: May 13, 2011 11:29 am

thanks, tigerblinds, but the only places i will consider are 1) the embrace of incredible aries P.V. in california, 2) my sister sarah's home in CT with her beautiful children around and the croquet set assembled on the freshly-mowed grass, or 3) in canada, where i feel free, safe, and respected as a human being, and where i dream of retiring as owner of a store selling pillows and other women's sundries.

anywhere else, i have long since discounted. oh, well, maybe france, because of the food.

i have been combing craigslist in my sublet status and WISH i had thought to tuck a kerchief camera in my buttonhole. the insanity of people i've met would have made a great reality show.
Posted: May 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Canada?! Are you crazy? We're gonna take America back for the good guys....you can stock pile guns with me and back issues of Tactical Assault Magazine. I know all the 5 dollar pizza joints, and most are in walking distance. Well fine, who needs ya then? There are plenty more mailorder brides where you came from.
Posted: May 14, 2011 2:30 am

What happened to Berlin?
Posted: May 14, 2011 9:59 am

i still have my apartment in berlin and am keeping it. but berlin is too far away from my sister's children and i'm so deeply connected to them. i had to come back when the second baby was born. i just had to.

nyc is so incredibly expensive, it's insane. i've always got one foot out the door. but this economy has wrenched everything, hasn't it? remember the old days when you used to think you had options of where you might possibly live? now, it's just about where (or IF) you can secure a job. period.
Posted: May 14, 2011 12:13 pm

What's the rent on that apt. again?
Posted: May 14, 2011 12:38 pm

holy shit! you could rent 5 whole houses here for what it costs to be a roommate there...
Posted: May 14, 2011 12:44 pm

274 euros!
Posted: May 14, 2011 12:48 pm

i can't relate to jenna's white problems.
Posted: May 14, 2011 6:41 pm

joe, i have a subletter for 10 years in berlin. i gave someone a home and they gave me the chance to hold on to that apartment since it's the only lease i hold. i wasn't able to get a job anywhere for 18 months--just like a lot of people--and was living between my sisters' places. in the end, i got lucky and got one job offer, back in nyc, where, as you know, it takes almost all you make just to get by. the rents in town are way higher than when you guys were here. it's unfathomable and i don't know how people are paying them. but anyway, after so much uncertainty and with uncertainty ahead, i am simply keeping a very positive outlook.
Posted: May 15, 2011 12:18 am

When's the Berlin Apt. gonna be available again?
Posted: May 15, 2011 9:59 am

You wouldn't move to someplace like Astoria?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/abo/2382003830.html

or this in Sunnyside?:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/fee/2379945597.html

With your Berlin sublease income factored in, these might be pretty affordable.
Posted: May 15, 2011 10:51 am

damn, nice finds!
Posted: May 15, 2011 10:57 am

i bet if you write to that astoria apartment you'll find it's a hoax. the rents in that area are way higher than that. and i've found that photos that look like that--like they're out of a magazine rather than snapshots--are fake. you'll probably have to pay upfront for an application or credit check.

a studio for $1300 in sunnyside? yeesh. not to mention: no pets (i have a cat) and a broker's fee of either 1 month or 15% of yearly total.

i don't make money off my berlin apt. i subleased it to a friend who pays the rent flat.

scott, the place won't be free for a long time. i've promised him 10 years so he can have a home at an affordable price. he owns west germany in berlin, books bands (booked the oblivians show!), tour manages. this apt is a great deal for him.
Posted: May 16, 2011 7:49 am

Well Jenna, I understand what you're going through. Every friend I've had that has tried to escape this southern gothic shit hole comes back singing the same sad song.

This invitation extends to any Goner who can be vouched for by my extended network of peeps, or wants to go through my renters approval process; I have a spare bedroom and can put folks up for short periods looking to relocate here. It's not hard to find jobs here if you're serious and willing to wash dishes at first if it boils down to it. Living w/ me isn't a permanent option since I prefer to be on my own, but I can put you up rent free for awhile, if you'd be willing to split my utilities bill which is dirt cheap. Times are hard.

If you play music even better. I don't have much going for me, but at least I can offer my friends and associates that much. I live comfortably anyway.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®