Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Castlemania
Posted: May 9, 2011 5:59 pm

Great package! Halfway through the 2nd side. Love the harmonica! Seems like a good album to listen to alone in your living room if not with headphones.

Pretty wild, even though I was hoping for full band Oh Sees this time.
Posted: May 10, 2011 10:06 pm

I was hoping for full band Oh Sees

expound, please. really looking forward to some reefer and spinning this.
Posted: May 11, 2011 12:03 am

Great album - loving it! I'm actually digging the more "fragile" numbers... with the flutes & strings (synths?) & stuff... if that continues, all signs point to an interesting direction for those dudes...
Posted: May 11, 2011 12:21 am

and totally hot chick.
Posted: May 11, 2011 12:26 am

they do rock a flute right.
Posted: May 11, 2011 8:30 am | Edited by: Janderass

expound, please.
It's just Dwyer on multiple instruments (as on Dog Poison) without Petey or Mike and Bridget only on a couple of the covers on side 3.

Totally crucial Oh Sees album though, deep with lots of interesting arrangements.

really looking forward to some reefer and spinning this.
Yes!

Check out "If I Stay Too Long":
Posted: May 25, 2011 1:46 am

I am so glad I bought this. I remember this time last year I was really anxious to my hands on the Warm Slime record, and when it came I wasn't really blown away.

This record, however, has really exceeded my expectations. So far I am loving "If I Stay Too Long", and "corrupted coffin".
Posted: May 25, 2011 9:11 am

Definitely a next chapter for Oh Sees. It's a fantastic "album", but I have a hard time picking out fave individual tracks. It reminded me of why I like listening to Can records. Not that it sounds like a Can record.
Posted: May 25, 2011 11:36 am | Edited by: Janderass

Definitly a next chapter for Oh Sees.

I've come to think of it as two Oh Sees, the proper band (Master's, Help, Slime) and the solo JD Oh Sees (Sucks Blood, Dog Poison, Castlemania) which I now have different expectations for. This album fits in a little more comfortably when you seperate the two.

There was a quote somewhere where Dwyer describes the next one in the pipeline as "the best stuff we've done yet." I'm assuming that refers to a full band effort.
Posted: May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

yes. this record is full of summery weirdness. JD can rock a mean woodwind!
Posted: May 25, 2011 1:48 pm

JD can rock a mean woodwind

i have a friend in san fran that said once at a party dwyer made a flute out of some random trash laying around and played it. then bill murray accosted her in an elevator or something.
Posted: May 25, 2011 3:23 pm

she did not let bill murray rock her with his mean woodwind
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 5:08 pm

Posted: Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®