Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Slow Southern Steel
Posted: May 2, 2011 11:03 am

Southern metal documentary that is 3 years in the making. Its finally done and will premier at the Little Rock Film Festival next month. Not sure of the date due to them not releasing the info at this time. Here is a 7 minute clip of the film.

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/wab/vi4229405977/
Posted: May 2, 2011 5:01 pm

looks good!
Posted: May 2, 2011 6:15 pm

sweet!
Posted: May 5, 2011 12:27 pm

Saturday, June 4th, Little Rock Film Fest
Posted: May 6, 2011 8:19 am | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

Was really excited about this until the narrarator started with the claptrap about the Confederate flag...so tired of listening to folks trying to defend that piece of shit flag..."heritage" "individualism" blah blah blah.
Posted: May 6, 2011 9:28 am

Yeah, could be cool, but the trailer is already 5 minutes on the Confederate flag. Is there more in the film?
Posted: May 6, 2011 10:58 am

Its a 90 minute film that covers more than just the flag.
Posted: May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

the trailer is already 5 minutes on the Confederate flag. Is there more in the film?

You're obviously not a racist southern metalhead.
Posted: May 18, 2011 2:53 pm

not yet!
Posted: May 18, 2011 4:24 pm

New TSOT album, cover art is a giant Confederate flag with swastikas instead of stars!
Posted: May 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm sure that's not an original idea, we'll probably have to pay the Hammer Skins for trademark infringement.
Posted: May 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Its a 90 minute film that covers more than just the flag.

They should re-edit the fucking trailer. Fuck the confederate flag.

Whoa is us. People judge us because we fly a symbol of hate. No shit, Sherlock!
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:36 am

It's not a trailer, its a 7 minute part of the movie. I am so glad people aren't judging the South on reading comprehension.
Posted: May 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Beaten Back to Pure aren't very good.
I think most of us don't care anyway. The reason I don't hang out on metal message boards is because most of those people are retarded. You don't have to hate Blacks, Jews and Hispanics to be a fascist.
Posted: May 23, 2011 2:02 pm

I for one never inferred it was a trailer...just the fact that the filmmakers spent any time at all trying to rationalize the fuckin' thing and try to paint these particular wearers of the flag as different from other promoters of the flag because they play metal reeks of desperation in trying to somehow play it down as "not a big deal" so they don't alienate a potential audience...
Posted: May 23, 2011 2:49 pm

To be fair though, growing up in Cincinnati, I was always suspicious of the flag because anybody who was wearing it was more likely a neo-Nazi than a displaced Southerner. It's weird for Northerners and it took me a couple of months once I got down south to figure out what it didn't mean. I think we all take that for granted. People up North have a lot of stupid preconceptions about people from the South -we should be like "fuck you," but this guy is trying to reach out. It's probably pretty interesting for some Yankee jackass.
Posted: May 23, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm going to be honest. I'm surrounded by people who worship that flag and they generally all have one thing in common.....they're all stupid. I'm sure there are people out there who can trace their ancestry back to the Civil War and respect the flag for different reasons, I just haven't met any. I've never had a conversation with anyone that has a rebel flag in their rear window about art or literature.
Posted: May 23, 2011 5:18 pm

It's not a trailer, its a 7 minute part of the movie. I am so glad people aren't judging the South on reading comprehension.

Hahaha! Guilty as charged.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:07 am

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/wab/vi4021001241/

Another 7 minute section of the film. A bit of talkie from a few New Orleans peoples.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 11:57 am

Another 7 minute section of the film.

7 min of my life I want back.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 12:17 pm

After watching this, I believe some folks will come away from it thinking, "the south really doesnt have any good metal bands"
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 1:27 pm

whatever. eyehategod still destroys.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeah, but I don't need to hear any of those dudes talk about why New Orleans is relevant or what makes New Orleans music New Orleans music. I would much rather hear 90 min of fucked up drug/larceny stories.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 3:05 pm

After watching this, I believe some folks will come away from it thinking, "the south really doesnt have any good metal bands"

Can I get a list of good southern metal bands?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®