Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Room, love it or hate it.
Posted: Apr 23, 2011 10:26 pm

" Oh hi doggie "
Posted: Apr 23, 2011 10:42 pm

"you are tearing me apart lisa!"..I also love his comfortable familiarity with a football..
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 10:23 am

copious amounts of both
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 12:24 pm

This fucker ended up on my Netflix queue a couple of years ago...I had totally forgot what I had heard about it or why it was on my queue.

Ended up being one of the most entertaining viewing experiences I've ever had.

I bought it for my brother for Christmas that year.
Told him nothing about it. He called me while watching and asked, "what the FUCK!?!?!"
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 7:16 pm

A good friend sent me this for my b-day. I'm still re-evaluating our friendship.
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 10:37 pm

total love for this movie.

tommy wiseaux makes a guest appearance on the Tim & Eric show as the director of a sketch about a pigman. good combination.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 9:44 am

My appreciation surpasses the irony usually associated with this movie. I think it has this weird and creepy Lynchian edge going on underneath.

Though watching it with Riff Trax is insanely funny.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 11:14 am | Edited by: skank police

Awesome sound bites:

Oh...hi Mark...

Tommy did an appearance with Q&A at a screening here in Portland, sadly I missed it, but apparently when asked, "Where are you from?" he became VERY defensive and claimed, "I am an AMERICAN!". He spent his own 6 million on production and though cast members dispute it, claims the humor is intentional. Fantastic!
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

I loved the plot in that movie.

"Hmm... this character is so nice... how will I do a quick suicide with a character that would never buy a gun...? AHA! He'll beat up a drug dealer and take it! But why would he do that... He's such a nice guy.... he was helping out a young junkie kid!! OH MY GOD I'M A GENIUS!onehundredeleven!! This movie is my masterpiece!
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Like the movie?
Play the game!
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:32 am

It is funny and bad and great. Someone might be able to come up with something like this as an ironic, original put-on. That person would be a genius. More likely it is what it appears- the product of an inspired, 6 million dollar-having, semi-idiot with no sense of irony or lack of self-confidence. Great.
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 2:13 pm

I think Tommy Wieseau is a bit on the "tarted" side...??
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 2:14 pm

and Denny had a drug problem for one scene. ( that scene on the rooftop is my fave... 4 star acting all the way!!)

WHAT KIND OF DRUGS DENNY???!!!!
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 10:18 am

Love it. "I got the results of the test back. I definitely have breast cancer."

For those who haven't read it, this Entertainment Weekly article offers some insight and gossip about the production of the movie. Amazing stuff.
Posted: May 9, 2011 11:14 pm

How about this podcast:
http://proudlyresents.com/i-directed/
Tommy Wiseau didn't direct "The Room?" Sandy Schklair claims that when he was hired for vanity project he was asked to also "Tell the actors where to go and to call 'action' and 'cut." Sandy never thought the movie would be seen, by anyone.

Faster than you can say "Springtime for Hitler," "The Room" is an international hit and Tommy is taking all the credit. Sandy sits down with host Adam Spiegelman and spills all the behind the scenes details of the movie that was never meant to be.

(This guy's story really adds another weird layer to this already bizarre flick...some of his stories don't seem to jibe but others seems perfectly sensible. Why would anyone bother trying to take credit for this fiasco anyhow...)
Posted: May 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Sandy Schklair isn't in the credits on imdb... ?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®