Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / the dow jones & the industrials reissue 45...
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:32 pm

... is AMAZING!!!

i never heard a copy of the old original 45 so i can only compare it to the mp3 bootlegs that have been floating around, but they did a terrific job remastering it! especially on "indeterminism" - wow!
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:38 pm

it's on TOTAL PUNK, right? pretty sure i saw that at the merch booth at the hunx/ pizzas/ clams show last night. wanted it but i only had enough for three lps. all the total punk shit looked real cool.

damn, the sound on red snerts SUCKS.
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm

no, it's on family vineyard: http://family-vineyard.com/catalog/fv70.php

think it's almost sold out - looks like goner's sold out of it, and i don't think the label's repressing anymore (though they're putting out 2xLP of all the dow jones stuff later in the year). totally recommend getting the 45 while you can though - really good stuff. one of the guys from the zero boys remastered it.
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 7:59 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Fuck, any chance of Goner getting this again? I need to reserve one for a pay day ASAP please Zach and Eric.

Some of the early Brain Dead shit got transferred last night, but I won't be able to go over and listen it until monday probbably...they were part of that scene man. Pretty sure they played a few shows with The Gizmos, I know a few of them knew them...but I haven't discussed it with any of them in at least 5 years.

So is this how folks are doing it? Posting crude MP3's as teasers for the vinyl reish?

We're either going to do that, or create a database w/ CDNOW or Apple or whateverthefuck digitalonados use these days (any suggestions?) and sell each song for a buck a piece or something.

I need this Dow Jones LP, can anyone help please? I'm pretty sure an old bud of mine has it by now...but we haven't exactly been on the best terms for a year and a half now...I guess I'll get a burned copy in classic punk fashion...uhg!
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 12:00 pm

the LP isn't out till later on this year - it's just the reissue of the 45 that's available now. i think the LP is going to include the 3 songs from the 45 too. if goner can't get it back in stock, it looks like florida's dying still has some.
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Sweet!
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm | Edited by: mexicajun

Can't Stand The Midwest
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®