Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Thee Cormans
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:15 pm

i haven't listened to a post-60s surf record in about 15 years.

these guys are a surf-instro band and have an lp coming up on in the red, so there must be something pretty fucked up in their sound.

pretty interested to hear what's going on on this one.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:19 pm | Edited by: Cole

You got me interested. Their myspace songs are cool. Check out the van picks on their blog.

http://theecormans.blogspot.com/
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:31 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Their myspace songs are cool.

down mit der fuzz.

YEAH!

on the album?
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:33 pm

ok, wherewolves in heels is pretty sick too. i'm headphoning this shit right now.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Man I still listen to The Trashwomen and Silencers all the time....you don't like surf?

Silencers are more like a fucked up Davie Allan but lets not split hairs.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Wow just checked out their blogspot and I'm realy excited about this band...finally in this post 9-11 world things are getting back to normal again!!! YES.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Man I still listen to The Trashwomen and Silencers all the time....you don't like surf?

i love surf, but i haven't heard anyone do it well since the first phantom surfers album. there were a couple good live bands, like the astronauts, but i never wanted their records. i saw the trashwomen but never had one of their recs. were they an instro band? i don't even remember.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 2:01 pm

sick pig model!
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 2:45 pm

were they an instro band?

No way, they wrote cool songs in the hey day of sleeze. With lines like, "if you fuck me baby, the dates on me"...

Enough folks on here know them personaly, I shouldn't have to go in depth.

I have the LP and CD of Spend The Night with The Trashwomen.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 2:50 pm

were they an instro band?

No way

then what are you talking about?
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 3:19 pm

The Trashwomen are still surf...The Trashmen were surf....Trashwomen were about 30 percent instro...and Silencers were all instro and that record was engineered by Mick Collins none the less....woof woof baby.
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 3:25 pm

trashmen: UNCATEGORIZABLE!
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Trashmen were THE GREATEST!
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 12:26 am

Man, I want this. I've never really listened to any surf or instro music, but this is great. Guitar sound is badass.
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 12:40 am

not exactly surf but close (well they do come from Sweden) but one of my fav instro bands is Robert Johnson & The Punchdrunks

http://www.myspace.com/robertjohnsonandpunchdrunks

scroll down their tunes & listen to "Surf as Houdini" & "Sputnik Munroe" both from their album "Fried on the altar of Good Taste" .... good shit!!
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am

I've never really listened to any surf or instro music

no davie allan & the arrows yet?

drop me an email. i'll make you a mix disc.
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 7:58 am

I've always wanted to start a surf band but it's hard to get anyone under the age of 50 enthused about it. Even then, I imagine it would be hard to get people to deviate from the cookie cutter. I got rid of my fender reverb tank, but I'd like to get something to fill the loss...something sturdy and solid state that I can also kick to get that crazy splash sound. Any suggestions?
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 8:03 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Actually the band I got right now is pretty cool...my best friend is on bass and 2 burlesque girls for drummers, and one doesn't get a arrested every month and loose her brat on a regular basis....it's the responcible one I'm close too and depend on. May just limit her to 2 drums, but she's taking lessons and I told her to get as good as she wants but it doesn't realy matter.

They would be down to play surf...so I need a cool reverb unit STAT.

Surfin Bird and Wooly Bully are my karaoke standards!
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

buy a music man amp with reverb. best decision i ever made.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 8:10 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I sold my HD120...it was a good amp, you can hear it cranked on the LURCH 7 incher....but the damn thing was too heavy...I canibalized the NOS power tubes and speakers and sold it to an X-drummer for 200 bucks.

I got a THD bivalve, and along with some ancient tubes I got from a PA that used to belong to Santana, I've never looked back.

I'm gonna try to get a modded Spring King or the Vanamps tank....the Soleverb JR. where the electronics plug into a seperate springs tank...I'm going to kick the hell out of the springs, so it will be nice to devise a method to replace them from time to time, without having to take it to a tech.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 8:33 am

post-60s surf
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 11:15 am

i just found out my fave bass player is on this album!

JACOFF PISSSTORYISS!
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Thee Cormans...Great dudes. they play with haunted george at time with HG on bass. Other Times they've had Jimmy Hole on bass and Leon from the guilty hearts on bass as well. They just played a couple weeks ago. Good masks and banter.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 1:45 pm

i thought that was a top secret. way to go, retardo.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 2:14 pm

whatever...big secret. when they walk off stage and take of the masks and come back up to tear down the gear I pretend that I don't see their faces. Do you still believe in Santa, Joe?
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 2:48 pm

They're associated with Guilty Hearts? No wonder they're so good.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Do you still believe in Santa, Joe?

YES.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Good masks and banter.

Don't ever touch their masks...you'll get beat down with a smelly slip-on van
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 3:53 pm

GORE.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 7:16 pm

GORE.
PARTY!
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Party's over...I quit.

Hee to the mutha fuckin haw
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

yes yes yall.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 12:56 am

GORE!!!
Posted: Sep 8, 2011 12:43 pm

album out now. just ordered a glow in the dark copy. woohoo!
Posted: Sep 8, 2011 12:48 pm

We don't need boys... we need BATTERIES!!! - the Trashwomen
Posted: Sep 8, 2011 10:19 pm

elka rules though
Posted: Sep 8, 2011 10:30 pm

album out now. just ordered a glow in the dark copy. woohoo!

I just ordered this from ITR as well, joe. The album being Halloween themed with sound effects makes it sound extremely cool.
Posted: Sep 9, 2011 8:37 am

yes, ordering this today
Posted: Sep 9, 2011 10:12 am

underthewires

haven't seen this name in a while.

whutup???
Posted: Sep 9, 2011 12:07 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Bazooka:

Build it and they will come
Posted: Sep 9, 2011 1:37 pm

I gotta see The Trashmen last year at Deke Dickersons Guitar Fest "INCREDIBLE" They did only all there Surf stuff including"SURFING BIRD" Howie was going nuts!.. Hung out with ol' Cactus head Haunted George there too..
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 11:24 pm

This. Is. Bad. Ass.
Posted: Sep 18, 2011 12:59 pm

This record is great.
Posted: Sep 21, 2011 9:27 am

youtube clips seem pretty legit
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®