Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Must have releases of 2011
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:51 am

Save a spot on the comp for me. I'm really playing again.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:57 am

Maybe this is why NOBODY wants to be on your label. I was trying to be nice to you. Again, I should have known better. Hell hath no fury like a loser scorned.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 10:04 am

^ ned in a nutshell. keyword = NUT.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 10:08 am

I bet Xteene is REALLY proud of you when you act like a 5 year old. I didn't unfriend her btw. She's nice.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 11:51 am

For once you are right, Nanny. And he's a putz too. Don't anybody ever write anything to Bazooka Joe that you don't want him to violate your trust on. Luckily, I haven't. There is nothing lower than a rat.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 11:59 am

I just know [u]you[/u] can't pull it off

can't pull what off?

the fuck up who is presenting it like he released it himself

how so? i work for the label. i love the album. i'm promoting it.

If you think this is a good rip off record, you're retarded.

it's a great record. i've spent time listening to it. you haven't.

Don't anybody ever write anything to Bazooka Joe that you don't want him to violate your trust on.

it's second only to violating friendship, but it turns out we never were friends. big surprise. i'm the only dude classy enough to send julianna some chop suey specs, and that doesn't even get me any respect from you. man, you really are the biggest piece of shit ever. good thing for you that you decided to stab me in the back again though. now i won't have my chance to reject your demo. i was really looking forward to that.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 12:14 pm

Nobody wants to be on a RAT's label. You have seriously damaged your credibilty. Before you were just a jerk who didn't know what he was doing. Now everybody knows not to trust you. I wasn't ever going to be on your label and you are delusional if you think what I wrote was begging. I was gonna do one track for you to help you out. But you blew it. Thanks for the present for my daughter. Jerk.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 12:16 pm

LOL
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 12:26 pm | Edited by: Greg Gonn

You just go around kissing everybody's ass. It's really pathetic. Seriously, who could be friends with a louse like you? You think you're some kind of DJ but you never find any cool records on your own. Always copying your friends who discover cool stuff because they have talent. You are so incredibly lucky that the guy from Slovenly is even more clueless than you or you'd still be working in the supermarket. It won't last forever. Better keep your mopping chops up.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 12:32 pm

ahahahaha! wow.

who's ass do i kiss?

Always copying your friends who discover cool suff because they have talent.

doesn't take much talent to find records. i've discovered plenty on my own, including some that were used on some comps that my friends made.

i am lucky! and i really am a bad ass dj. everyone knows it. but most importantly, i know it.

countdown to phone number in 3,2,1...
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 12:37 pm

you're a fag

even?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 3:26 pm

so what'd we learn, kids....everybody is a self promoting (even when all they've got to promote of themselves is something as pathetic as an "internet" persona) asshole who will lie to you so you'll BUY MY RECORDS!!!!

oh and they're thenthitive to boot
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 3:27 pm

LENGUAS LARGAS s/t RECESS RECORDS

RECORD OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:02 pm

Just got the REAL record of the year in the mail today-TSOT!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:10 pm

that's my top pick. go get another one.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:22 pm

You copied it from me just like you copy everything you unoriginal hack.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:33 pm

LOL
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:43 pm

glad y'all agree with me but we only want winners shilling for us
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:46 pm

i don't know much about lenguas largas, but a friend gave me a shark pants lp earlier this year. you into them?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 4:59 pm

I'll let you wander in the forest alone and figure your own opinion out...WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:03 pm

uhhh, thanks? i'll probably never get around to it. i was just asking if you liked shark pants. i think there's a connection between the two bands. can you just answer a question?

not really winning, brah.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:08 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

why would I want to answer a question when my motto has always been "NEVER SMARTEN UP A DUMMY!"
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:10 pm

PS quit being such a thenthitive bith

I bet TSOT are thrilled to have your endorsement given your track record of shilling for garbage.

I would I want to
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:12 pm

if being thenthitive means feeling sorry for you and your misguided judgment, then ok, i'll thtop.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:13 pm

Tucson's Super Obviously Terrific band is not thrilled just like I already typed, gramps...go get your spectacles so you can read this shit or teach your brat to read it better to you
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:14 pm

you ain't making any sense now, joe....get your wife to use the turkey baster to suck nobunny's jizz out of your brain
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:17 pm

Somebody (NOT Black Masterbator or Slovenly) should put out a single of the Sharp Balloons' "Metro Pack." That song rules. Maybe Jeth-Row can make a cassette for me. Gotta order their single next.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:22 pm

i am making sense. i asked you if you liked shark pants. you couldn't answer. just being a wise guy. i mean, i can respect that and all, but...
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:29 pm

I wonder if you realize that posting peoples' personal information on the internet is a Federal offense now? I'm sure they have an FBI office where you live. Anyway, it's pretty pathetic how you want my attention. Don't you have a girlfriend?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:35 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

"couldn't answer"...nope "wouldn't answer"....letting you use that big ol brain of yours

and how that is a misguided judgment or you should feel sorry for anyone but yourself for needing that answer is anyone's guess

I can't wait till nobunny posts your crying jag emails we laughed about

and ned shut yer ass, fucking cop caller
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:49 pm

If I can get this loser locked up or prosecuted by the FBI that will mean less lame records in the world. I'm doing you a favor, Fatso. You're welcome.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:56 pm | Edited by: Cole

I know it seems like I love every record put out this year, It's been a great year, but I can't believe I haven't mentioned Royal Headache. That's a great band. If you don't like the more melodic stuff it might not be for you, but I really freaking dig it.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 5:59 pm

I like Cole. It's all about the music and good times for him. I wish everybody could have his attitude.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks man! Here's the trick, I'm not in a band nor do I put out records. I live in my small town in MS, order records, and head to Memphis to hang with friends and see bands three or four times a year. It's kind of like having a chick as a booty call, you get the pleasure but don't have to deal with the bullshit.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 6:24 pm

"couldn't answer"...nope "wouldn't answer"....letting you use that big ol brain of yours

couldn't/ wouldn't... blah blah blah. i guess i know better now than to try to have a civil conversation with you if that's what you mean about me using my brain.

is robin geting sick of getting emails from diggler about having his name taken down yet?

i didnt post your personal information, benjamin franklin. i only half posted it!

cole rules!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 6:59 pm

Time to shut down the board. This thread is the nail in the coffin.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 7:16 pm

Cole is an artificial pr machine from Goner, handled by Womb Raider, directed by the boys in the store.

Just saying.

Sorry.....not biting.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 8:18 pm

Hilarious.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 8:48 pm

oh bajewy you know we love you
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:56 pm

I don't.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 10:05 pm

fuck yeah. goner board is back! where's the paypal donate button?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 10:28 pm

oh bajewy you know we love you

i know.

I don't.

i know.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 10:36 pm

oh yeah! this new friend of mine just came over with a killer dj mixer with effects and shit and i traded him a bunch of reocrds for it. we listyened to tsot with flange and delay and echo and shit and it didnt helpwit the weirdenss but it was different at least. gonna be making all kindsa weird sounds out of already weird records at the next few parties/ we also traded botles of homemade wine cuz me and christine and her dad picked 17 ounds of wild raspeberries a few months ago and made 5 gallons of wine and this dude did too with whatever he picked. good trade. got our bottles of mead too. i'm totalled. totally. anyway, TSOT!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 10:37 pm

Time to shut down the board. This thread is the nail in the coffin.

fuck yeah. goner board is back! where's the paypal donate button?

at least one of you likes to party! not that record shop asshole being a non partier is surprising.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 11:13 pm | Edited by: hethurr

Cole is an artificial pr machine from Goner, handled by Womb Raider, directed by the boys in the store.

http://www.bullyrook.com/gonerfest8/h1ba6ae9f#h3ef1f695

cole is a real live human being, music loving, party machine. does party machine contradict human being?
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 11:37 pm

whoa! that pic looks like the effects on my new mixer!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 11:38 pm

just got done dubbing king tubby dubs. as if it wasn't dubbed enough...
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 11:49 pm

king tubby

!!!
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 6:12 pm

does party machine contradict human being?

I'm a cyborg cybernetically engineered to rock.

Because of my inability to take proper care of shit, I have an extra Royal Headache download code if anyone wants it.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 7:12 pm

Got that Michael Yonkers Microminiature Love reissue and it smokes! I imagine a lot of you already knew that, but I'd never heard it.

I also agree that this thread and Cole rule.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 7:29 pm

I have an extra Royal Headache download code if anyone wants it.

I'll take it.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 8:03 pm

Messaged it to you on facebook Jerry.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:02 pm

damn, i finally understood one of your posts! good one.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:15 pm

Leave me out of Bazooka Joe's endless trawling for dudes. I do not crave the company of strange men. I am a loner.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks, Cole!
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 9:42 pm

hey, that's money out of my pocket, i could have been gold leafing my cat with that money!!!
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:03 pm

Plate of shrimp.
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 8:34 pm

hey, that's money out of my pocket, i could have been gold leafing my cat with that money!!!

whatevs.

I need the extra money for doilies.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 11:41 am

secret prostitutes / talk sick brats split on batshit is a keeper for sure if for nothing other than the first sp track.....
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 2:42 pm

Digital Leather - Infinite Sun. Waited a long time for this record, got it Tuesday. Been listening to it nearly non-stop since. Amazing how it opens up. First few times I wasn't super thrilled, but the more I listen, the more I like it.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 7:24 am

The Oh Sees/Total Control split...anyone have this?

More interested in hearing the Total Control stuff...hoping it's more of the
Henge Beat record, there's some great stuff on that one...
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 7:43 pm

The Oh Sees/Total Control split...anyone have this?

More interested in hearing the Total Control stuff...hoping it's more of the
Henge Beat record, there's some great stuff on that one...

i have it, but i'm never going to listen to it so i can sell it in 3.8 monthes
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:04 pm

i have it, but i'm never going to listen to it so i can sell it in 3.8 monthes

Yeah, I'll buy it from ya.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:45 pm

Fuck TSOT, I hear TSOL are back together!!

heh, jk ;|> Meatmen forever

That Kitchen's Floor record is pretty great...
Posted: Nov 5, 2011 12:54 pm

Still, for me, the Apache Dropout and Blasted Canyon records have spending A LOT of time on my turntable.
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 4:03 pm

cole is real - i seen him.

and i cannot stop digging the royal headache.
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 7:59 pm

cole is real - i seen him.

Yeah, you did!
It was fun as hell hanging with you! Your cool as hell. Damn, I love coming to shows in Memphis.
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 9:43 pm

i'm gonna wear the manhunt 7" all over town, probably 5 or 6 of them, and i'm gonna make a hat out of chicken fried steak
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 12:48 pm

i'll say it's a must have: http://tinyurl.com/74w2xzy
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 5:01 pm

without hearing it, i'll say the new ECSR.
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 7:56 pm

the singles comp. or something else?
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 10:11 pm

So, is this Kim Salmon/Mudhoney thing really awesome? I need to know if I need to pick it up...
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 10:31 pm

it's a little strange, obvious kim songs or obvious mudhoney, but i love both so...
Posted: Nov 20, 2011 3:37 am | Edited by: Cole

Blasted Canyon- Who is this?....I'll track 'em down

i'm gonna wear the manhunt 7" all over town, probably 5 or 6 of them, and i'm gonna make a hat out of chicken fried steak

It's that awesome! the hat I'm not so sure about...

Dead Farmers new 7" is awesome!

Through the magic of the interwebs, Bobby Hussy gave me a sneak preview of what he's been working on....It's freaking awesome....look out for 2012!
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Saw a photo of the guy from The Oh Sees the other day-tank top and A Flock Of Stegalls hair. Nice look. Sadly there were only two must have releases for 2011-TSOT and Thee Cormans. Better luck next year...
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Electric Crush is a must have. Came out in January. Only 300 copies pressed. Half gone. Would love to get more freaks hip to it. Even Ned would love it.

Here's two songs:

Teddy Bears and Paper Rabbits

Clock Stands Still
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Big Eyes - Hard Life

best
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

2011-TSOT and Thee Cormans

Great choices........still...man, you are tough
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 10:51 pm

I've missed The Flesh Lights in Memphis twice. After some facebook post by Alita about them I became interested and ordered the album from Goner....It is bad ass. This is bitter sweet because now I'm pissed I missed 'em.
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 11:57 pm

you dicks don't know nothin about no shell towe adidas.
Posted: Nov 24, 2011 10:40 pm

I've listened to that TSOT album a lot. Twice tonight. It's really bad ass. I can't wait for the best of 2011 thread.
Posted: Nov 24, 2011 10:48 pm

It's a great record. Probably the best Punk record of the 21st century so far. I rarely if ever put a band on the same level as VOM but they are close.
Posted: Nov 24, 2011 10:50 pm

It's a great record. Probably the best Punk record of the 21st century so far.

Can I say: 'hi hi hi!'?
Posted: Nov 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Coleslaw is what you all need.

The horror
The horror
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Coleslaw

I don't know why i like this nickname....but I do.
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 3:46 pm

VOM?
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 4:01 pm

VOM
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 4:06 pm

VOM!
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 7:56 pm

I've been trying to transpose Samoans songs to ukelele this week, with only a little luck. Forgot about 'Your Mom', maybe that'll work ...
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 11:48 pm

VOM!!
Posted: Nov 26, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah, VOM is pretty damn great....I love it......thanks for turning me onto this...I wish labels would re-issue more stuff. I always try to buy stuff and downloading from mediafire is always a last resort....I'm listening to Live at Surf City...yeah I know The Angry Samoans but have never heard of this...fucking awesome.
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 12:36 am

Blasted Canyon- Who is this?....I'll track 'em down

Actually, its Blasted Canyons. The album is on Castleface (Jon Dwyer's label). They also put out the first Ty Segall album and some stuff by the Fresh & Onlys and Bare Wires. Goner had it in stock for a bit. That's where I got my copy from.

This track rules.

This one too
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 5:13 pm

Although I shouldn't have spent the money, I had to get those Throbbing Gristle reissues. But do I even need to point out that they're must have? I also picked up that Chris Carter reissue while I was at and it's pretty great too.

Oh, and I got that VOM record at used kids a couple years ago... FOR $1!
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 8:57 pm | Edited by: Cole

It's a great record. Probably the best Punk record of the 21st century so far. I rarely if ever put a band on the same level as VOM but they are close.

to Greg Gonn...gotta give you props man....... the first time I heard of VOM was that post. I got my test pressing in the mail today...I think it's been remastered because it sounds a lot better.....anyway....thanks dude....I fucking love this band.
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®