Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Must have releases of 2011
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 12:00 am

I just wanted to start a thread about the best records of this year as they come out, that way I hopefully won't miss anything.

So far, for me.....

Alarm Clocks- Live LP
UV Race-Homo
Overnight Lows-Slit Wrist Rock n Roll
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 9:46 am

People's Temple - Sons of Stone
Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
Circle Pit 7"
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 11:25 am | Edited by: Cole

People's Temple - Sons of Stone

Ah, yes, I want this. Comes out April 19th.
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 1:35 pm

very interested in hearing this.
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 1:44 pm

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/27/134855805/first-listen-red-fang-murder-t he-mountains

You can listen to the whole album courtesy of npr. I was listening to this earlier after free plax posted. It's great.
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 2:05 pm

Moon duo-----um, whatever that new one is called

peeps temple lp is super rad.
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 3:24 pm

The People's Temple album is soooo gonna rule!
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 9:28 pm

digging moon duo - mazes, uv race - homo, and the circle pit 7"
Posted: Apr 3, 2011 9:41 pm

I like that new German Measles record. It sounds like other stuff I like.
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 8:19 pm

Posted: Apr 6, 2011 8:20 pm

ahem... there's two releases on black gladiator so far that are pretty fuckin' wild. i mean, if you like totally fucked up, original shit. doesn't seem like a lot of people do anymore though.
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah, I was thinking you bought those out at Christmas. I'd put the Low-Fi Jerkheads-In Your Stereo as a must get for sure. The Electric Crush is a grower for me, I do like it though.
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 9:19 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

they came out in january.

it makes me happy to know that you're a freak.
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 5:08 am

have the black eyed peas put anything new out this year?
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 1:29 pm

fergie puts out all the time
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 2:21 pm

tonight's gonna be a good night.
Posted: Apr 8, 2011 2:21 pm

Any Analog Africa release that comes out this year is going to be great.
http://analogafrica.blogspot.com/
Posted: Apr 8, 2011 7:01 pm

King Louie's Missing Monuments - Painted White
Quintron - Sucre du Sauvage

Both these records rule.
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 12:41 pm

Quintron - Sucre du Sauvage

Been spinning this this morning..It's great! Great packaging on this lp.
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 2:11 pm

tsot/ wizzard sleeve split is essential for any goner. hella wicked shit. i think the is the only new release i have so far, aside from slovenly/ my own stuff.
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 2:12 pm

oh wait, i got party store!
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 5:45 pm

Cole, you got the Missing Monuments yet?
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 6:12 pm

I have the 7" and love it. I'll get that Painted White when Douchmaster puts the vinyl out. I met King Louie at Gonerfest. That's one charismatic dude.
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 8:08 pm

great! Great packaging on this lp.

that picture is the best!
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 4:05 pm

oh yeah, mind spiders LP!! that second side is the SHIT! ! !
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm

mind spiders LP!!

I just checked out some of their songs online. This sounds great. I think I'll pick this up.
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 9:11 am

Davila 666 - Tan Bajo
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Currently digging King Tuff and the Moonhearts, both on Burger CASSETTES!
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 1:04 am

UV Race Homo

Took a couple of listens to get into this, but now that I've been listening to it for hours out in my big backyard wearing nothing but a half lit cigarette and a case of Tecate with shop Warragul sharpied across my gut: it's clicking.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 1:12 am

That's UV Race man. It just sounds like a bunch of idiots banging on instruments. Then you start realizing that for music that simple...it's fucking brilliant.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 9:00 am

I haven't really listened to any new music yet this year. Would like to get that TSOT/Wizzard Sleeve split, Electric Crush, and the new Quintron... Otherwise, I just haven't been paying attention. Birthday is coming up, so I'm sure I will have some new music in my hands at that point.

However, keep on the look out for the 3rd Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones LP on Mono Sex Tapes coming later this year, if those dudes and myself can get our collective shit together. It will be a must-have. The same vibe as their earlier stuff, but gets weird with some crazy-awesome horns and emphasized dual vocals by ted and casey... which works really well for them. A+ stuff.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 9:05 am

Lula Pee, where do I get on the waiting list?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 9:49 am

tigerblinds- email me at fey.gods@gmail.com and I will add you to my list.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 9:55 am

do you change your email address with every new band you're in?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 11:07 am

I can no longer get into the grave blankets account. I think they called it "inactivity" or something. Only inquiries about "solo projects" should be directed to my personal email account! But please, only if you are into like totally fucked up, original shit of course.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 11:46 am

i'm confused. Lula, are you putting out a third HBJO record?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 12:06 pm

What if i like played-out, tired shit but have a couple of tattoos and dont shower very often?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Steph, we are making our old tape pseudo-label a "real boy" or something. Decided to stop dubbing shitty cassettes for people and do it right. Here's the related blog that rarely gets updated right now: http://proofthatweexist.wordpress.com/
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 12:12 pm

In short, yes.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm

this is great news! I assume this means that old Grave Blankets recordings will be unearthed, dusted and shined for a Mono Sex Tapes release?? Eh??? I know it will be tedious and overwhelming undertaking, but, um, you have at least one buyer here! haha

But again, this is awesome news!
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 12:46 pm

the perrys sent me that grave blankets hozac single not too long ago. FUCKING MONSTER!

my GB shirt is almost disintegrated.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Grave Blankets recordings will be unearthed

we do have an insane amount of gb stuff that we've dumped onto 8-track reels from our 4-track cassettes, just haven't gotten around to working on it... but that's the plan!

Joe, um, there's plenty more where that came from (shirts). Also, we're planning to stay in harrisburg in June on the way home from Boston, you and christine should come out and have drinks with us!
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm

why don't you come 40 minutes south and stay with us?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey man, get to work to on that shit. I just went to myspace and Grave Blankets are great. Went to the Hozac site but no dice. I'm always late on this shit.
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I agree- The bonus songs rule as well- Over the edge (wipers) cover.
Although the Mono men version still holds as best cover version
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 4:18 pm

just put grave blankets "our love is real" 45 in the box for a public session tonight!
Posted: Apr 16, 2011 4:21 pm

kinda want that os mutantes reissue that came out today.
Posted: Apr 16, 2011 4:32 pm

why don't you come 40 minutes south and stay with us?

if you guys are willing to put up with us, that would be awesome!

Cole, I still have some of those grave blankets singles if you're interested- you can email fey.gods@gmail.com. I have extra goodies I'll throw in, too!
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 9:50 am | Edited by: Cole

Cole, I still have some of those grave blankets singles if you're interested- you can email fey.gods@gmail.com. I have extra goodies I'll throw in, too!

Awesome! I'm tapped out of record money from my trip to memphis yesterday but I will email you this next weekend. I'd like to buy a t-shirt to. Every time I go to a show everyone has cool t-shirts and I'm always wearing a dumb nike shirt or something.
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 11:14 am

dumb nike shirts are hip.
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Awesome! I'm tapped out of record money from my trip to memphis yesterday but I will email you this next weekend. I'd like to buy a t-shirt to.

cool, I'll hook you up. although I can't really promise our shirts aren't dumb!
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 12:12 pm

^they aren't
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Burning Sensation (austrailia's answer to the cola freaks kind of)
Mind Spiders
Wildildlife Give In To Live
Indian Guiltless
Red Fang Murder the Mountains
URTC Knows Your Sins
MMOSS
Conspiracy Of Owls
and Lenguas Largas
damn tooting
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 9:03 am

cool, I'll hook you up. although I can't really promise our shirts aren't dumb!

Lula, I need to reserve the same stuff for next Friday paypal please. Shirt and records. Thank you, and thank you Cole.

Also Cole I will take your Nike shirts to convert into Grave Blankets shirts with my silk screen....everything I do or buy is dumb so what?
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 10:43 am

Predator LP, if you're punk!
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 9:31 am

However, keep on the look out for the 3rd Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones LP on Mono Sex Tapes coming later this year, if those dudes and myself can get our collective shit together. It will be a must-have. The same vibe as their earlier stuff, but gets weird with some crazy-awesome horns and emphasized dual vocals by ted and casey... which works really well for them. A+ stuff.

AWESOME. Also looking forward to reading Ted's novel!
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 10:29 am

oh, thanks everyone, I'm behind schedule, but shipping stuff out this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

Also looking forward to reading Ted's novel!

I got this in the mail last week, but haven't had a chance to even crack it! High hopes.
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 8:03 pm

King Lollipop - Woodland Whoopee Songs Of Ol' Callowhee !
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 11:53 pm

oh, thanks everyone, I'm behind schedule, but shipping stuff out this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

Totally cool. Your offering a hell of a deal......nobody should complain. I just want to sport my Grave Blankets t-shirt at The Spits show in May.
Posted: May 1, 2011 12:01 am

I think that the Uv Race "Homo" lp is my favorite of the year so far. I listen to it a lot. The Quintron record is close second. I love wordplay and that song "Naziscitic" just kills.
I'm really excited about the Jay Retard reissue. I don't really know his early stuff. I bet that will find it's way on this list.
Posted: May 1, 2011 11:46 am

holy cobras - forever
Posted: May 2, 2011 4:49 pm

just got the moon duo lp and............it rules!!!
for some reason i can see some of the songs being on shampoo commercials.
Posted: May 2, 2011 8:50 pm

Also digging OFF! w/ Keith Morris, four 7" EPs in a box. It's like LA in 1981 all over again. Anyone else heard this?

Wonder if the insecticide people will get after them...
Posted: May 3, 2011 10:56 pm

Apache Dropout LP if you're awesome.
Posted: May 3, 2011 11:00 pm

boomgates 7" on smartguy and split with super wild horses
Posted: May 12, 2011 10:36 am

Apache Dropout
Burning Sensation
Daniel Romano
Drugs Dragons
Folded Shirt
Hygiene
King Louie's Missing Monuments
The Beets
Useless Eaters

All solid albums.

I've heard a ton more, but there's just so much straight mediocre music put out these days...

Looking forward to the new ones by The Men and Human Eye.
Posted: May 15, 2011 12:44 am

boomgates 7" on smartguy

This is a great record. I love the male/female vocal interplay.

I'm also going to put the Outdoorsmen "Tell Your folks I'm A Goner" 45 on this list. It's a killer record.
Posted: May 15, 2011 3:17 am

Posted: May 15, 2011 9:41 am

is that second shannon and the clams lp from this year? i've listened to it way more than i thought i would.

just got the test press for the first ever legit vinyl issue of the first spits lp. it'll be out soon.
Posted: May 21, 2011 11:21 am

Damn, just listening to Apache Dropout finally and it pretty much kicks ass! Definitely need this record. And pissed at myself for not checking it out sooner so I could've gone to see them a couple weeks ago!
Posted: May 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Damn, just listening to Apache Dropout finally and it pretty much kicks ass! Definitely need this record. And pissed at myself for not checking it out sooner so I could've gone to see them a couple weeks ago!

Single coming on Trouble In Mind on June 28th!

Ya definitely shoulda seen 'em - they rule live!
Posted: May 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Searched around after reading this and they have a free download of the A side on bandcamp.

http://apachedropout.bandcamp.com/album/apache-dropout

This is cool as shit and I'll be ordering it.
Posted: May 23, 2011 9:03 am | Edited by: eric o

Apache Dropout! is in stock now!
Posted: May 23, 2011 9:37 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Seems like I saw Apache Dropout open for Dead Moon back in 2006 in Bloomington.

It's funny how everyone jumping on the Nuggets bandwagon pushed me more into KBD and realy raw blues territory.

I think that Junkyard Jimmy album is a must have for 2011...if it came out in 2011, fuck if I know.
Posted: May 23, 2011 9:53 am

everyone jumping on the Nuggets bandwagon pushed me more into KBD

Dude, I can relate. Sort of what happened to me in the last year or so.
Posted: May 23, 2011 10:59 am

That Apache Dropout album IS the best thing I've heard yet all year.
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:27 am

New Cars is a good one.
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:58 am

http://apachedropout.bandcamp.com/album/apache-dropout

a bit o' whoopin and hollerin going on here!
Posted: May 23, 2011 4:16 pm

i'm confused. Lula, are you putting out a third HBJO record?

...and does Casey still like to call people at 3:30 in the morning for days straight.
Posted: May 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Someone check in on that new Human Eye record........
Posted: May 23, 2011 10:59 pm | Edited by: Cole

I've been listening to that Apache Dropout A side all day on the ipod and I'm really into it. Got the lp ordered.

And pissed at myself for not checking it out sooner so I could've gone to see them a couple weeks ago!

It's funny, I remember reading on this board somewhere that they were jumping onto some small gig in Memphis and I was wishing it was the other Apache because I might consider going then....man, do I suck.
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Apache Dropout! is in stock now!

I got the last one! restock!
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:11 pm

got it but haven't listened yet, turntables only coming out of one speaker and i can not figure out why. got a bunch of stuff piled up to listen to, but can't bear to hear through only the left channel
Posted: May 24, 2011 9:24 am

...and does Casey still like to call people at 3:30 in the morning for days straight.

I'm pretty sure Casey will never ever change.
Posted: Jun 26, 2011 7:49 pm | Edited by: Cole

Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000",Cheveu "1000".

I've listened to this soooo much. Eric posted somewhere after a cancelled gig that they would try to come in September. I hope that means Gonerfest.
Posted: Jun 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Ice Ice Baby!
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 6:37 pm

That Apache Dropout album IS the best thing I've heard yet all year.

TOO TRUE

BRAND NEW single on Trouble In Mind is en-route to Goner RIGHT NOW!

(also available on our site):

www.troubleinmindrecs.com
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Grave Blankets, maybe it's 2009 to you, but it's 2011 to me...and anyway it reminds me a little of Sonic Youth, so it's 1994 in a parallel universe I'd rather be living in.
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 5:20 pm

fixed it this weekend, it was so easy i didn't think it was possible and completely tore everything apart, as i was about to toss the turntable i flipped it over to see how hard it would be to rewire, turns out there were rca connections underneath rather then hard wiring, one was loose
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Cicada Sounds from Mouserocket is the best I've bought this year that was released this year. I'm really looking forward to "Infinite Sun" from Digital Leather, which is supposed to get here "any day now" and has been for awhile.
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 7:26 pm

keep forgetting to download cicada sounds, maybe tonight
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 10:19 pm | Edited by: Cole

keep forgetting to download cicada sounds, maybe tonight

I bought it and I'm listening to it now. Really digging it. Goner people, please keep this thread alive. If your really feeling something, post it. I've found some killer music because of this thread, Mouserocket, Apache Dropout, People's Temple, Mind Spiders, Grave Blankets.....
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 10:24 pm

we just played with them the other night cole, gave me the download, but i've been busy
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Been busy doing WHAT? Getting cool ass Aussie music stateside? You are forgivin sir. Ghost in a Jar from Mouserocket reminds me of Nick Cave......that's a good thing....very good.
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 10:52 pm

just downloaded it, gotta get it on my ipod
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 10:55 pm

ATTENTION BANDS.......bandcamp.......I like it.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 5:47 am

even better, bands should use that rootmusic app for their fb pages.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 6:30 am

missing monuments album is pretty stellar so far
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 1:48 pm

That Mickey record sounds like Cheap Trick, totally diggin it
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Just Picked up Cheater Slicks- Our Food is Chaos over the weekend. Recommended, DUH! The bonus 7" was a nice touch too.

Funny that Grave Blankets covered Night of the Sadist live and I never knew the Slicks had done it.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Cole - damn. For some reason, my version of Cicada Sounds didn't come with Ghost in a Jar. I gotta figure this out.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Crisis averted. For some reason it didn't expand when I copied the ZIP file. So now I get to hear a new song. Thanks!
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 8:24 pm

[i]Funny that Grave Blankets covered Night of the Sadist live and I never knew the Slicks had done it.
[/i

do we have a recording of this? I don't remember. My favorite band ever. Never gonna change.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 9:54 pm

i just listened to that useless eaters lp. side one was pretty good. side two was blowing the fuck up. what other bands sound like that? around 30 years old preferred.
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 10:47 am

Must have releases of 2011
the goner cap..(100 deg shade hider tested?)
although some updates to the current model would be nice...
1. a sun visor instilled in the bill kind of like this?...
2. some neck protection kind of like this

...and hopefully thee cormans s/t on in the red
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Here's my best of so far - it's a work in progress...

albums:
Ty Segall - Goodbye Bread (Drag City)
Lumerians - Transmalinnia (sp) (Knitting Factory)
Estrogen Highs - Cycles 12" EP & 'Friends & Relatives' LP
Apache Dropout - s/t LP (Family Vineyard)
MMOSS - LP (Burger)
Rubble - Rubble (Latino Buggerveil)
Bitchin' Bajas - Water Wrackets (Captcha)

singles:
Games debut 7" (Rob's House)
OBN IIIs - "Runnin On Fumes" EP (TTTotally) & "That's No Way To Rock 'n' Roll" (Super Secret)

reissues:
The Clap - Have You Reached Yet? (Sing Sing)
Rainbow Ffolly - Sallies Forth LP (Guerssen)
Dutchess of Saigon (S-S Records)
v/a Pakistan: Folk and Pop Instrumentals 1966-1976 (Sublime Frequencies)
T2 - It'll All Work Out In Boomland (Lion)
Dug Dugs - s/t (Lion)
Plastic Cloud s/t (Lion)
Kidda Band "Radio Caroline" 7-inch (Last Laugh)
Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats + 2nd Annual Report (bootlegs???)
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 3:31 pm

oh & DUHR file this under reissues:
Reatards - Teenage Hate 2LP
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 3:34 pm

OH - and that Castle Face Records - GROUP FLEX comp/book is the most amazing thing I've seen all year. Sounds great too! Oh Sees tracks are rippers!
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am

It's not the RIP tape, but yeah.
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 8:04 am

It was self-released, I got mine from the band. I pre-ordered it and forgot about it, moved, and it showed up like a year later. Can't believe it made it here, but it's awesome.
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 9:22 am

lula, were you talking about pink reason?
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 9:38 am

I was talking about the hospitals. So was Nanne, until he started talking about Pink Reason.
Posted: Jul 15, 2011 9:56 am

Sorry Nanne, I think there are only 100 of 'em out there.

But, really, Our Food is Chaos = best of 2011. I fucking hate it when people use the world "wild" but that is the word I'm using to describe this record. So glad this band continues to exist and I get to see them tonight.
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am

I ended up not being able to go, because I lack grace and the result was the recurrence of an injury from hell. Still recovering. They're playing again next month, I think I'll confine myself to my bed until then. Glad you got your tape! That was fast.
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 5:21 pm

I think Ty Segall's new record might be the best new release I've heard in a while. The Tony Visconti production totally works for him. Simple, straight forward, and to the point. Way to not over abuse effects buddy. If Marc Bolan joined the Pretty Things = Goodbye Bread
This song sounds like it came straight off S.F. Sorrow...
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

Cheater Slicks with The Liminanas and GazGaz 8/19 at the Summit!
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I got the great white wonder lp box set for my birthday this year, and it definitely counts as a top release on my list.
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Cheater Slicks with The Liminanas and GazGaz 8/19 at the Summit!

I'll be there, even if I try to take myself out again in the interim.
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm gonna go ahead & throw this one on the table - even though we're releasing it... but even if we weren't it'd prolly still be in my top ten for 2011!

Mikal Cronin solo album sneak preview:

http://ravensingstheblues.blogspot.com/2011/07/mikal-cronin.html

COMING TO GONERFEST 8!
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 3:53 pm

hm,
mixed Feelings

Well that seals it! WE'RE NOT RELEASING IT!

>phew< thankfully Nanne has set us straight.
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Mikal Cronin solo album sneak preview:

Sounds good!
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 10:30 am

Whoah, thanks, I hadn't heard about that! Cable Hogue is next on my list to buy.
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 11:41 pm

and stop playing Bruce Springsteen records, weirdo!
Was this directed at me? I don't even know what you're talking about.
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 9:32 am

I took a look at your lable since you put things up here you're gonna release but you don't want to hear any feedback on those hitrecords.

I wondered what kinda flake worked like that to sell his crap.

What the fuck are you talking about???
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 9:37 am | Edited by: LisaLisa

Feedback when you have actually listened to a record is one thing. Slinging out of context disses just to be an instigator is another.
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am

Thus proving you have no fucking clue, dude.
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 10:51 am

First we listen to too much Bruce Springsteen and now we're hippies?
Pick a genre at least, bro.
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 10:55 am

Awesome - playing right into my hands Nanne - you're so easy to rile up. Thanks for the free hype!

NANNE RULES!
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 11:10 am

YES!

Keep bumpin' it ot the TIPPY TOP Nanne!
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 11:21 am

weak.
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 11:40 am

Look who's talking...
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 2:55 pm

wasn't talking about you personally, gay bill. but thanks!
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Trouble In Mind releases some fucking great records.....one of my favorite labels. TIM Apache Dropout single belongs on this list!

I've got to talk about that Mouserocket Cicada Sounds again, man, I really love it. It's not really a garage punk kind of record..........but it's very good.
Just some really impressive songwriting. I'm really digging it.
Posted: Jul 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Finally got around to that Mikal track after all the hype here -- it's okay but it kind of sounds like Oasis or something.
Posted: Jul 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Finally got around to that Mikal track after all the hype here -- it's okay but it kind of sounds like Oasis or something.

WONDERWALL 2011!
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 8:37 am

i'll say anything to rack up posts. so close to 25,000. i've almost won my free trip to gonerfest!
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 9:27 am

Sorry sir, that free trip comes with 125,000 posts.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 9:32 am

if there wasn't that gay fuckin one post per minute bullshit i'd be working on racking that up.
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Did the Saigon Rock & Soul LPs come out this year?? I just got it in the mail after knowing I shouldn't be spending the money and the house is a party right now!

the vinyl of Cable Hogue (a double lp) is almost midprice: very 'cheap' for once and you really get your money's worth.

How is the fidelity on this one on a scale from White Wonder to Death in the Family?
Posted: Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Total Control-Henge Beat.......Someone review this for me please. I wrote in another thread about how I saw them at Gonerfest 7 and loved them. I preceded to order the two 45s they had out and disliked both of them. Is this lp more representive of their live sound? I need to know.

By the way, put the Wesley Coleman/Timmy's Organism 45 on this list.
Posted: Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm

haven't heard it yet cole, but i think it combines all of the 7"s
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I gots to go with new Cynics LP. It's melodic but not monotonic.
At 28 min it could have had two more songs, however.
Wish those guys would tour again.
Posted: Aug 21, 2011 9:56 pm

"They Came From The Sky"

HUMAN EYE!!!!

Best release hands down!
Posted: Aug 22, 2011 11:20 pm

The Hussy-Cement Tomb Mind Control

This thing just entered into the top five of the year. This is a can't miss album.
Posted: Aug 30, 2011 6:15 pm

King Lollipop - Woodland Whoopee Songs Of Ol' Callowhee !

yep yep yippee!
Posted: Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

man i would love to hear the lollipop lp again, amrep, i don't remember what year
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 2:31 pm

New pangea rec rules
King Lollipop tape is rad
Love a bunch of the songs on White Fang's new digital LP
Youthbitch tape is pretty bitchin too
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 3:11 pm

youthbitch! i been checking them out as well.
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 3:37 pm

ash borer

fuck you, garage turkeys
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 3:39 pm

youthbitch! i been checking them out as well.

Yeah their record is going to rule. Coming out sometime before the year is up I think
Posted: Sep 1, 2011 10:02 am

Total Control - Henge Beat.

serious fucking business, this record.
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 8:51 am

In case you are on the fence since it's only 3 songs, the new ECSR is a must have if you're a fan!

Also, got the Krypton Ten comp, which is definitely worth tracking down. Solid all the way through.
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 9:15 am

Liquor Store Yeah Buddy didn't leave my CD player all weekend!
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 10:43 am

Tried their first album again yesterday.

Then I don't know if I'd recommend this new record to you- the vocals are even more in your face. The second record is still my favorite, though.

Traumahelicopter

The internet says that this band does not yet exist.
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am

Hmmm, I just looked again and now I'm finding stuff. The internet is fucking with me!
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 5:59 pm

was bill orcutt lp really recorded in a museum in new orleans?
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 11:20 pm | Edited by: Cole

Thee Cormans- Halloween Record- This rules. I love the packaging. I't really has a cool old school Halloween vibe. The music is freaking awesome. This is the first surf record I've ever really owned or even listened to. The Halloween sound effects are super cool. I need to buy more surf records. I just never thought that style was that cool, but damn, it is bad ass.
Posted: Sep 15, 2011 12:19 am

stick to comps of old stuff. and thee cormans!

recommended comps:

strummin' mental (#1!) all volumes
diggin' out
get a board
surf creature (all vols)
sufers mood (all vols)

pretty much all you need, unless you wanna get all collector-ey.
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 12:25 pm

stick to comps of old stuff. and thee cormans!

recommended comps:

strummin' mental (#1!) all volumes
diggin' out
get a board
surf creature (all vols)
sufers mood (all vols)

Just ordered Diggin' Out a couple of days ago from the Mighty Norton.. Don't sleep on that peeps! 10$ is kill!
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Got the Cormans record a couple of days ago.. Completely retarded! A MUST HAVE!!
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 12:53 pm

i'm listening to it right now!
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Just ordered Diggin' Out a couple of days ago from the Mighty Norton.. Don't sleep on that peeps! 10$ is kill!

i have a few copies in stock at the soon to be opened slovenly mail order!
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 3:01 pm

i have a few copies in stock at the soon to be opened slovenly mail order!

Step'n it up! nice!
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Youthbitch tape is pretty bitchin too

Hilarious! My friend raves about these guys in his zine all of the time. He'd be happy to know they're getting name dropped on the goner board.
Posted: Sep 18, 2011 10:15 am

soon to be opened slovenly mail order

In Europe (Amsterdam?) or in America?

just wondering

these united states
Posted: Sep 18, 2011 1:48 pm

there 's probably gonna be one there too. i was talking about the one that my wife's in charge of. is that ok?
Posted: Sep 18, 2011 2:44 pm

That Royal Headache LP is gettin' some serious spinnage around these parts.
Posted: Sep 18, 2011 6:12 pm

soon to be opened slovenly mail order

You take walk-ins?
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 6:31 am

Kid Congo Powers & PMB's Gorilla Rose is on this list for me, even if only for the song "Our Other World".

Human Eye's They Came From The Sky is also only this list for me, even if only for the song "The Movie Was Real."

Tom Shannon gave me a Cheater Slicks LP recently. Did that come out this year.

Also, what year did the Bassholes 12" come out on CDR as part of their Singles Club?
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Not the biggest fan of the vocal stylings, but the Gang Of Four record on Yep Roc has some really interesting stuff going on in it.
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 2:17 am

45 coming out soon
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 2:37 pm

This year's just not doing it for me like last year did.
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Hanni El Khatib's Will The Guns Come Out has some really good stuff on it. Next time some asks what I'm listening to lately, I will definitely bring this record up.
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 1:52 am

The Icon Gallery album is thoroughly excellent...Really dug the Royal Headache on first listen...Of course Human Eye also is indispensable...
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 8:22 am

Not totally souring on Hanni El Khatib CD, but not digging it as much as I did a few days ago. On the other hand, however, the Gang Of Four record is fukkin' great. Between that, Gorilla Rose, & They Came From The Sky, I have a new heavy rotation.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 10:25 pm

G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Genetic
D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Disorder

Holy shit does that Sharp Balloons 45 kill! So does the Sex Cult single...Memphis bands are killing it.

Manatees?
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 11:23 am

The Mind Spiders LP on Dirtnap came out this year and I love it. So good and all over the place and progresses awesomely. Awesome cover of Slippin' and Slidin' - sounds like Marc Bolan covering it.

and I mentioned it on another thread (or this one?), but again, the Liquor Store CD rules. Silly and snotty and it shreds and it gets spacey and yeah (dictators-esque/y/ness/whatever). I lent it to a friend after playing it non-stop for a few days and haven't seen it since of, course, but anyway, it rules from beginning to end!

Got John Paul Kieth's latest one a couple weekends ago, too, after a great show! Good for dance-cleaning.
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 11:28 am

edit RE: Liquor Store (G-board is wonkey): Think I like it even more than seeing them live cos sometimes it's hard to hear what's going on cos it's so loud (but just almost).
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 11:31 am

i still gotta get Rat City!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 11:33 am

Liquor Store is the lamest Jersey Shore wanna-be punk out there. No moustaches in punk rock, Snookie.
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 12:00 pm

well, lame jersey shore wanna-be punk is cool in my book then.
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 12:05 pm

acid baby jesus pre-orders have been released, despite the release date not being until the 11th. you can listen to the whole thing here:

http://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/acid-baby-jesus-self-titled-lp
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 12:23 pm | Edited by: Greg Gonn

Of course it is. That's what they were banking on. Fuhgeddaboudit!
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 1:42 pm

What year did Wire's Red Barked Tree come out? I'm really eager to hear that. Some of the stuff they put out in the early 2000s is fantastic. The version of "Germ Ship" off The Scottish Play absolutely shreds.
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 6:58 pm

Did Slovenly really jack the Sacred Bones template that blatantly?
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 10:54 pm

So, Sacred Bones invented that shit huh? I bet you like Zola Jesus.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 8:23 am

Everything on Slovenly is crap. Worst label out there. Except Black Masterbator.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 8:50 am

Did Slovenly really jack the Sacred Bones template that blatantly?

what's that mean? lemme know and i'll give you an answer.

acid baby jesus

listened to it

wont ever do that again

crap

if ever a post was based on spite... it's a pretty incredible album. i should know, i have flawless taste.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:08 am

You wouldn't know a good record if it sat on your face. Your sad label is living proof.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:13 am

the hits just keep on coming! thanks ned!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:17 am

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:26 am

You shouldn't be allowed to post on this thread. Must have records are TSOT, Thee Cormans, Gary Wrong, Sharp Balloons, Chicken Snake, South Bay Surfers not the dreck you and Slovenly waste people's time and money with.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:31 am

bwahahaha! get real. fag. hilarious you just deleted me from your facebook page, too. you're the best joker ever! you know what another funny joke is? me posting your phone number and home address.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:36 am

I unfriended you a month ago, Moron. I was sick of reading all your Slovenly spam every day. I delete everybody who's only on FB for self-promotion. Except Howie because we've known each other since we were kids.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:41 am

but it was ok for you to self promote the action swingers by suggesting to me that i order some (which i did)? i really see the difference. you fucking SUCK. i've always known that though. i've only been using you for mild entertainment since your last pathetic meltdown. i knew you'd never deliver that song to me. and now you've totally blown your chance to be on a comp with CHICKENSNAKE and THEE CORMANS. damn, you're a chump if there ever was one.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:45 am

Here's Dirk Diggler begging to be on the comp:

A few more weeks until I record. I have to get in tough with the guy. Practise time is so freakin expensive these days...
I wish I had a reel to reel. I'd record it solo right now. 1 take.

Damn, Dave Lindsay and I had a HOT practise tonight! Getting a cool set of 1965 Stones inspired originals and R&B covers together. Gonna practise one more time in the next week or two and then record. Looking for somebody to go with us as a co-producer to oversee the Rock & Roll insanity. Gonna start trying to get some shows too. Should have the Bo track by early-mid September if it's not too late. Got some good stuff happening. The practise space guy was really into it tonight. Our first fan!
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:47 am

but this one was the best:

I don't do thrash no more. I'm almost 50.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:48 am

I didn't post it every day to you. I gave you a hot tip. The Toe Rag record sells well (unlike all my other records). Academy sold 10 in a week. Stupid Soriano sold 25 in a week. I was trying to do you a favor. I should have known better.
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:48 am

Dirk asking for my opinion

So what do you think about me doing Aztec? It's actually a Lady Bo tune on Bo Diddley Is A Lover so it would make it extra retarded being an instrumental AND a song Bo didn't write (or arguable even play on though I think he plays rhythm guitar on it)? It's a cool song though and always been one of my favorites.:
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 9:50 am

Hahaha! We're Pub Punk now. No fans.
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®