Goner Message Board / ???? / you all probably hate him anyway
Posted: Mar 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

yep..
Posted: Mar 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Ben Weasel gets in a FIGHT!!!!

with a bith!
Posted: Mar 19, 2011 5:48 pm | Edited by: Thee Gilded Chimera

Man chivalry is flat-lining in Ben Weasel's world. I'd never hit a girl and I want to all the time. Weak kidney punch too.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am

I'd never hit a girl and I want to all the time

Would you cut a girl if she asked you too during sex?

Pop-punkers sort of turned into dweebs as soon as it became a scene anyways, just like most. They don't age well do they? He should have just kept on with The Riverdales and only played shows in Chicago. That would have been a gracefull way to keep going. Everyone hated The Riverdales, but they were better than Screeching Weasel.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 8:19 am

That female is a head taller than him...I think it's an ethical grey zone.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 9:50 am

Ben Weasel complaining that SXSW is an industry glad-hand fest? Has he never heard of it before? For someone who's spent his entire life talking shit, he's sure got thin skin.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Some people think it's sexist not to punch someone because they're female.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 12:21 pm

That Amazon club owner broad was pretty damn tall, had some good reach and a sweet '80s metal gash shirt! Coulda been a good brawl if her goons would've stayed out of it!
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 12:53 pm | Edited by: Razor A Go Go

Some people also use that line b/c they are "tuff guys" who like to hit women with impunity and put them in their place.

That was some adolescent bullshit. Would it really have been that hard to have that woman thrown out?
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

some people think the first woman deserved to get punched for throwing an ice cube and spitting beer on him (a dude who goes on and on about people with thin skin and loves to talk shit) at a punk show

I think she deserved to get punched for paying $20, no wait, just for attending a Screeching Weasel show in 2011

he deserves to get fist fucked by a razor wire fist, however
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 6:34 pm

he deserves to get fist fucked by razor a go go, however
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 7:50 pm

those people have either an extra chromosome or are missing a testicle.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 8:15 pm

I wouldn't compain about getting paid for a show.
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Some people, not me. Not a big fan of violence, esp vs. females. I've heard people talk about women "pulling stuff" thinking they'd get away with it where a guy couldn't without physical reciprication. I don't know about that.
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 2:09 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

This thread is getting gay, what with all the wife beater bashing.

You know that song about Ben Weasel being an asshole right?

Ben Weasel he's an asshole
Ben Weasel he's a jerk
Ben Weasel you just hate him cuz he don't have to work.

Well guess what he realy is an asshole....he'll write a column about this, tell his side of the story, and he will make some valid points, and the saga will continue. Dude should just play his neighborhood bar and start a minor league hockey webpage...I couldn't tell you what the fuck his problem is right now...or why he or anyone else is even going through the motions in 2011 like someone else said.
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I don't get why any band in a city as big as Chicago, out in a nice Chicago suburb, has to tour or play out of town shows at all? Especially a well established band....

I don't get the business side of all this bullshit.

Besides that, duh it's Chicago vs. Austin...scenesters vs. hipsters....singing a song about "cool kids" the whole thing is MRR column fodder...only they're all 20 years older.
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 2:21 pm

I don't get why any band in a city as big as _________, out in a nice _______ suburb, has to tour or play out of town shows at all?

because it's fun?
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah right.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 12:26 am

i've been a fan of screeching weasel for a long time, and still am. i think their new record is pretty good. i think ben still writes some pretty awesome songs - the album he put out a couple years ago was some of his best stuff ever in my opinion. this video made me really sad, though, and really made me feel bad for the guys in his band.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 1:27 am

i think their new record is pretty good
if you like ben weasel covering ben weasel, then, ok!
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 7:28 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

What made me sad about all this is the monologue before and after the song...I hate monologues between songs.

He should have kept his cool and not hit her...just called her a fat cunt who needs to crawl back to the meth lab she calls home or something....instead he got offended and nervous, blew his cool, and punched her. People still would have been offended if he called a woman a cunt, but like Lemmy says, fuckers deserve to be offended.

It just goes to show the sort of trouble you can get into when you try to work with moron show promoters and their stupid as shit patrons.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 7:33 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

He could have cut himself on stage and bleed all over her, or whipped out his dick and pissed on her...I like to think that's what I would have done.

...and I would have done it without the irony of GG Allin.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 8:19 am

Woh...this explains alot...he's agoraphobic.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 9:07 am

i don't think punching someone in the face makes them any less of a jackass. However, if they deserve it and it felt good in a sadistic sort of way, I'm not going to begrudge someone for giving someone else exactly what they were asking for.

If you want to try and take sadism/masochism out of male/female relations, you just go try that. You'll only have to completely change the fundamental nature of humanity.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 10:14 am

What they failed to report was that Scion and Vice had leased ad space on the bottom of her shoes. It was all a hoax. Cheer the failure.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 10:17 am

If you want to try and take sadism/masochism out of male/female relations, you just go try that. You'll only have to completely change the fundamental nature of humanity.

I don't know if I agree w/ you, but here is Harry Crews talking about The Violence That Finds Us:

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 10:29 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I take sertraline...it gives me like 5 seconds to consider things before I whip my dick out and start pissing on stuff. I would have been fired from my job long ago without it.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm | Edited by: jahna

His band just quit.

Frankly, I think everyone involved, including the woman who got punched and his holier than thou band mates come off as assholes.

ech.
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 12:47 am

good thing jugheads been gone for a bit :)
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 10:56 am

just called her a fat cunt who needs to crawl back to the meth lab she calls home or something....instead he got offended and nervous, blew his cool, and punched her.

Preventing violence against women with MORE sexism now how come none of them feminists have thought of that.
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 12:10 pm

great memoir about violence & redemption!

http://andredubus.com/townie.html
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 3:23 pm

trying to make this a case of sexism is retarded
just like if someone punched me does that make them racist because I am native american, or could it be that maybe they just think I am a dick?
what is sexist is treating her any differently because she is a female.
yeah the guy is a douchebag but I don't think he punched her just because she was a woman...
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 4:41 pm

I agree with bradx.

Violence is either wrong, or it isn't. Blaming this on sexism is just playing the bigotry card so this chick can be an "extra-victim" instead of a regular victim; an attempt to say that women suffer MORE from the same trauma men do... just because they're women.

MORAL CONSIDERATION IS NOT MEASURED BY THE ABILITY TO SUFFER!!!

If this was so, then it would be morally wrong to use antibiotics to save lives because if a bacteria is capable of dying, then it's capable of suffering, and incuring suffering is wrong.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!!!

Suffering is an inherent risk in being alive, not the direct effect of immoral behaviour!

To make the claim that the greater a person's ability to suffer means that that person is more morally considerable is like claiming that a quadraplegic is less morally considerable than a healthy crying child, because the quadraplegic is numb to pain, but the immature child feels it more intensely.

Is there no greater evil than to reward weakness and punish strength?!?How perverse a philosophy!

If a child were raised in such a culture, it would learn to exagerate it's own pain for Munchausen style gain, pretending to suffer from all causes to gain needless sympathy instead of developing emotional independence and strength from the trials of life. It would suffer from constant neuroses and paranoia, constantly seeking suffering to use masochism for the purpose of social gain.

*hot button issue for philosophy nerd*

This would eventually lead to depression, self-
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 4:47 pm

-loathing, and ultimately, suicide.

Notice any similarity in popular cultural trends?

Logic and philsophy SO need to be taught in elementary school!
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 5:52 pm

he tried to punch a girl because he thought he could take her...I think most guys who try and punch women do so because it is "low hanging fruit", a guaranteed "win", no challenge, no (presumed) risk of getting hurt, bullshit control issues..."I cant intelligently resolve this issue with this woman, so ill just hit her to let her know who is in the right" wow.

The same people who would say "it is sexist to consider not hitting her because she is female" use the same bullshit logic in shit like "well, there is a black entertainment television, why isnt there a white entertainment television"?

So, I suppose it is time to throw all domestic violence laws out because it is unfair to men who hit their wives...also once a girl turns 18, I guess it is ok for a brother, father, uncle, etc to be able to beat her because they didnt like the flippant remark she gave them...

good luck with your "the bitch had it coming" worldview
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 7:56 am

Preventing violence against women with MORE sexism now how come none of them feminists have thought of that.

I'm gonna let muh man Ice Cube say it for me:

A bitch is a bitch (bitch)
So if I'm poor or rich (word up)
I talk in the exact same pitch
Now the title bitch don't apply to all women
But all women have a little bitch in 'em (yeah)
It's like a disease that's plagues their character
Takin' the women of America (yeah)
And it starts with a letter B
It makes a girl like that think she better than me (bitch)
See, some get mad and some just bear it
But, yo, if the shoe fits wear it (wear it)
It makes 'em go deaf in the ear
That's why when you say 'hi' she won't say 'hi'
Are you the kind that think you're too damn fly?
Bitch eat shit 'n die (ha, ha)
Ice cube comin' at you at crazy pitch
(Why?) I think a bitch is a bitch
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 7:59 am

Better yet, The Guess Who

American woman Stay away from me American Woman Mama let me be
Don't come Hanging around my door I don't want to see your face No more
I got more important Things to do Then spend my time Growing old with you
American Woman Get away from me American woman Mama let me be
Don't come Knocking around my door I don't want to see your shadow No more
Colored Lights Can hypnotize Go and sparkle Someone else's eyes
Now woman I said get away American Woman Listen what I say
American Woman I said get away American woman Listen what I say
Don't come Hanging around my door
Idon't want to see your face No more
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away from me
American woman, mama let me be
Go, gotta get away, gotta get away
Now go go go
gonna leave you, woman
gonna leave you, woman
Bye-bye
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 8:10 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I think we can blame American women for all major wars, because if they would just line up in a line and flash their titties both army's would call it a draw.

Titties calm every one down, man, woman, child, beast. American women keep their titties covered up and tied up w/ bras and so we get shit like 9/11....that was some wak shit.

Let them utters breath American women, for the love of humanity.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 8:23 am

good luck with your "the bitch had it coming" worldview
Everybody's got it coming.

Just for being alive.

When my uncle Rusty became a quadraplegic, he passed out driving and hit a semi after three days of being on pills...

Bitch had it coming.

When my step-grandfather (not the one who blew his head off after he got cancer) got cancer after years of drinking and smoking...

Bitch had it coming.

When I got run over by a car walking down Covington Pike...

Bitch had it coming.

When my mom had her breasts removed piece by piece over the course of twenty years due to cystic fibrosis...

Bitch had it coming.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

There's no such thing as good people.

We've all got it coming. It's not that the world is filled with senseless suffering; all this suffering makes perfect sense. It's that we're too weak willed to admit to ourselves the true reasons why.

That's why when terrible things happen to people (cancer, critical injury, etc) they often reflect how positive an experience of personal growth it was. They finally realize why suffering happens; because people are flawed. When they begin accepting the flaws in themselves and in others around them, they can finally be content with the state of ther lives.

They admit that the bitch had it coming, and we're all secretly a bunch of bitches.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 8:45 am

Look at the war in the middle east! They not only make thier women keep their titties covered up...they make them keep their faces covered up...so what do we get? A bunch of suicide bombers with foot and ankle fetishes....it's sick I tell ya. I like womens feet as much as the next guy, I like to poor strawbery syrup on them and lick it off, but to pay so much attention to boney feet when you got luscious titties just up past the navel...it's sick man. The world is going to hell, and the women want to be stingy with their titties and only share them with their steady boyfriends or eachother....women when the world goes up in a nuclear explosion it will be on your conscious....then you will understand why a bitch is a bitch.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

Who the fuck is this poor man's Schopenhauer? Chris, I know you think you are a scholar, but save it.

It is idiotic to assume "equal rights" means men now have the right to hit women...it is just moronic.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 9:14 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Well, I'll end with this...before you hit a women learn to do it the right way...open handed. A woman won't enjoy it if you do it closed handed and break her nose or give her a black eye...Obviously no one has ever taught Ben Weasel how to hit a woman. It's okay to smug their makeup but don't leave any bruises, she won't like it and the police won't like it. Even if she is bunching you with a closed fist, you grab her wrist and slap her cheek, just hard enough to make it sting, you got to pull your punches after all. A woman can do anything a man can do better, but they're still half our size.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 9:17 am

The old adage, "What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?" "Nothing you haven't told her twice." Well that's just a barbaric old saying....open hand, keep those fingers out....Save your closed fist for the fat pretentious pimply assed fuck at the bar who doesn't know how to keep his fucking mouth shut.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 9:23 am

Back in Nam they called me Velvet Hammer cuz of my way with the ladies...that's where Andre Williams got it.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 11:00 am

I know of a couple of cases of broads getting charged with domestic violence against their dudes.

No need to throw domestic violence laws out because of any perceived gender inequality, Vinyl.

BET, Univision, etc. came about because there seemed to be a market for them, a demand but not much supply.

At a proper punk show there should be a good chance of getting punched whether you're male or female.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

Of course, that Weasel dude is a total pussy for punching broads. He'll just have to learn to live with his total pussydom.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 11:12 am

There's no such thing as good people.

Yeah, but there are those who are more powerful than other people. Like Men's physical mass is generally greater than females, we're stronger (generally), and our testosterone makes us more aggressive.

Do children molested and exploited by adults have it coming? Does some shitty developing country have it coming when they're exploited by some sort of global industry that dumps a bunch of hazardous waste in their town or carpet bombs them in an attempt to kill some douchebag hiding in their midst -who may have it coming?

The powerful exploit the powerless (or less-powerful), it sucks (to be less than the most powerful) but it's not morally wrong or right (unless you believe that human rights are inalienable). But we establish our social codes to regulate this shit as best we can. It's wrong to hit women because it's generally excepted that it's wrong to hit women. But if some woman is coming at me with force, I'm going to beat her.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah, but there are those who are more powerful than other people. Like Men's physical mass is generally greater than females, we're stronger (generally), and our testosterone makes us more aggressive.

There's nothing fair about violence. That's a big part of my point. Being able to bench press 250 is doesn't make your jaw any stronger, and the same headshot that would knock out a girl will knock out a football player. Happens all the time in MMA; big guy takes a quick jab the wrong way, and the fight's over.

Does power=responsibility? It should. Artistically, it should. Aesthetically, that's how things should be, and that's how I try to be. However, I shouldn't expect it from other people. When I expect people to act badly and they do, I'm in a much happier situation than when I make myself vulnerable out of an assumption of morality.

Do children molested and exploited by adults have it coming? Does some shitty developing country have it coming when they're exploited by some sort of global industry that dumps a bunch of hazardous waste in their town or carpet bombs them in an attempt to kill some douchebag hiding in their midst -who may have it coming?

It's a hard truth, but yes. People are evil, and they do evil things like molest children and dump chemicals that cause cancer. I'm just making sense of human suffering; I'm not making a moral judgement. Polio isn't anyone's fault, but when a kid in a developing country gets it because their parents couldn't afford the vaccine, that's part of the risk of being alive. Being alive IS an active provocation to suffering, and eventually, death.

The powerful exploit the powerless (or less-powerful), it sucks (to be less than the most powerful) but it's not morally wrong or right (unless you believe that human rights are inalienable). But we establish our social codes to regulate this shit as best we can. It's wrong to hit women because it's generally excepted that it's wrong to hit women. But if some woman is coming at me with force, I'm going to beat her.

I think that's the crux of it; people don't really have any rights. It would be nice if we did, our governments tell us we do, and they both kill people and suffer death in order to defend these rights.

I've reached the conclusion that all morality derives directly from the artistic sense. It's great that human kind has been able to make the world represent some semblance of harmony greater than inherent anarchy, but when we assume we have inalienable rights, we leave ourselves vulnerable to a world that honestly has no real rules.

Good point about the place of human rights in the discussion, though.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 12:30 pm

I allowed this "never hit women" meme stifle my natural reflex when I really should have slapped the shit out of a few that had it coming for doing things that would have earned a grown male a brutal ass-kicking. Never say never.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 12:38 pm

I just don't agree that people are evil. Selfish maybe, but evil? How? People don't like to see other people suffer. I think people are more likely to be compassionate and sympathetic before sadistic and callous. The sadism and callousness evolves out of lack of compassion and sympathy.

I think that humans are social animals because of compassion and sympathy. We band together for common good. These groups become powerful and then corrupted. Then they hurt people.

Our social contract allows us the right to go to a show and not get punched. Unless you go to see Anal Cunt or somebody. The chick didn't really have any more right not to get punched than some dude at the show. Ben Weasel will "pay" for what he did whether it be in the form of a fine for assault or being vilified in the pages of MMR and by people who think he's a pussy for hitting some stupid chick. I think women pull a lot more shit than men because they don't think they're going to get hit. It's kind of like people not committing crimes because they're afraid their victims will be packing a rod. Maybe the example of this chick getting punched will save some other band from harassment from a female with no fear of reprisal.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 1:39 pm

This is why Bohemian Grove exists, because it's not easy being the powerful elite. It's allot of responcibility, you ruin lives sometimes, so they need to take 3 weeks out of the year when they can get drunk and have sex with other freemasons, prostitutes, and skull and bones members but mostly under age boys. All in an effort to be comfortable in a position of dominance and not feel guilty about the choices they make. They even make snuff films, but to them it's for the greater good, it relieves their guilty consciouses.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 1:42 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

So George W. sucked off Victor Ashe more than once, that doesn't make him evil does it? As his real grandfather, Aleister Crowley would tell you, "Do as thou wilt."

http://www.rense.com/general77/acrow.htm
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Also, Bohemian Grove helps make the privelaged sexualy deviant political elite immune from the special powers that titties hold.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 1:57 pm

I tend to agree with this.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 2:07 pm

cremation of care and moloch worship under the watchful eye of the giant owl idol...
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Good to have you back Bradx.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 3:19 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

I find Chris Hart and tigerblinds posts waaaaaaaaay more entertaining and thoughtful than anything Vinyl Ritchie posts
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 3:27 pm | Edited by: jenna

people shouldn't hit each other at all. that's horrible, undisciplined behavior.

but i do agree with this:

At a proper punk show there should be a good chance of getting punched whether you're male or female.

and that's why you should stand in the back.
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 3:27 pm

ta-tas.

smack 'em!
Posted: Mar 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 4:53 pm

ha.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 7:42 pm

just like if someone punched me does that make them racist because I am native american

Aren't you 75 percent German? There are plenty of reasons to jack Germans.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Back when I was a young little teenager, I beat the ever-living shit out of one of my older sisters. I feel bad for doing it, but goddamn, she would constantly steal from me, humiliate me in front of her friends, fuck with me, etc., etc. The problem was solved after I lost it on her, but yeah. Unless you're family you shouldn't jack a bith. Well maybe an unrelenting dyke who's super-tough where you've gotta defend yourself.
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 10:29 pm

I hate all of you.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 2:22 am

RAPE!!!
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 9:14 am

I just don't agree that people are evil. Selfish maybe, but evil? How?
Look at a baby, for instance. It doesn't come out of the womb with any sense of morality. After sucking the life blood from it's mother for nine months, it then attaches itself to her like a tick, sucking so many nutrients from her body that she has to gain weight during pregnancy as a defense mechanism. A baby spews excrement out into the world uncontrollably, and when it suffers from it's own actions, it screams out to others to fix it's problems for it. It is only LATER that it learns to be self-sufficient, from copying people around it. Once it does that, then it learns to feel empathy and sympathy out of an artistic sense; recognizing a universality of the human condition that is not inherent in the child, but is learned from observing and interacting with others.

This is why massacres such as Columbine are conducted by teens, not adults. Adults attack direct targets that are perceived as evil. Being children and being more closely related to the raw human evil of infancy enabled the perpetrators to enjoy killing even those who had done them no wrong. Had they been exposed to more of the outside world, they would not have felt that way.

I think that humans are social animals because of compassion and sympathy. We band together for common good. These groups become powerful and then corrupted. Then they hurt people.

I'm tempted to say there's a critical mass where a group of people becomes too large to act in harmony. A group of up to around thirty individuals can spontaneously act in unison without complex orchestration, but not much more, and only that with considerable practice.

I don't believe power is fundamentally corrupting. I believe that people are fundamentally evil, and given enough power to act with impunity, all people will create evil acts. Once a person can harness the power of a group of about 30 people (an army, technically) that person can act with as much impunity as possible without intervention of heavy machinery (like a tank). this is why priests molest little boys; they control large groups of people, and they believe they can act with impunity.

Our social contract allows us the right to go to a show and not get punched. Unless you go to see Anal Cunt or somebody.
YES.

I also have no sympathy for people who wear sandals in high traffic areas and complain about having their feet stepped on.

The chick didn't really have any more right not to get punched than some dude at the show. Ben Weasel will "pay" for what he did whether it be in the form of a fine for assault or being vilified in the pages of MMR and by people who think he's a pussy for hitting some stupid chick. I think women pull a lot more shit than men because they don't think they're going to get hit. It's kind of like people not committing crimes because they're afraid their victims will be packing a rod. Maybe the example of this chick getting punched will save some other band from harassment from a female with no fear of reprisal.

I think while it's always politically a bad idea to hit a woman because of prevalent culture, men should reserve the right to have big fat women beat up annoying girls for them in exchange for sex. You'd be surprised how many southern women would gladly knock some bitch around for a little head, especially from some guy in a band.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am

I don't buy "neediness as evil."
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 11:58 am

Look, Victor Ashe had his dick sucked by former President George W. Bush....they've been having a life long affair. Do I have to beat up a female to get it through your thick skull Chris Hart? I'll beat up the purple teletubbie if I have too.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Tinky Winkie's got it coming, the big baby. I say crack that Tubbie one good time.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 3:08 pm

This country has been run into the ground by vampires.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 11:06 pm

I think women pull a lot more shit than men because they don't think they're going to get hit.

It's not a woman's first instinct to punch people in the face...because most of us (I said MOST, so don't bother going on about all the scrappy, aggro bitches you know) are not genetically predisposed to aggressive neanderthal behavior...even when drunk. We are definitely predisposed to being mouthy, loud and annoying, but there's a difference. And yes, we don't think we're going to get hit, unless we hit someone first...why the fuck SHOULD we? It would never occur to me in a million years that throwing an ice cube and talking shit would warrant getting beaten down by ANYONE...
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 7:36 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I only hit women when they burn the broccoli caserole or dump it all over the floor when taking it out of the oven. I grab them by both shoulders and shake them, let them get a whiff of the sweet smelling bourbon on my breath. Then I back hand them and tell them to take off their french maid outfit and get on the bed.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 7:49 am

Or I also hit women when they ask me to recreate the GunsNRoses Don't Cry video with them.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 9:05 am

On a serious note, I don't see how we can lump spoucel abuse into the same boat as if it's alright to hit a random girl....and I think they should all be considered on a case by case basis.

Sexual politics can make people act crazy. I mean what if Cadafi's Libyian all-female team of bodyguards ambushes you or something...are you not going to fire back because they're all women? Get real.

What pisses me off is folks who come up with these stringent rules about what's appropriate behavior. Because life isn't that black and white. I'll do everything I can to shit on people like that.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 9:24 am

Anybody who thinks they have a rule that can tell you what to do in every situation is a self-righteous douchbag.

I don't think women and small men pull more shit because they think they won't get beaten. I think they assume that they are so weak they'll never be percieved as a threat. They feel so powerless, they think that going off on someone as hard as they can, whether verbally or physically, could never actually do anyone any damage that would demand retaliation.

Even a midget or a baby can take someone's eye out if they get too vicious. Anyone who's ever been assaulted by someone going crazy isn't going to wait to get hit first the second time. If someone is being verbally assaultive, and they make the leap to physically throwing things at me, I'm not going to wait until some gimp builds up the courage to pop me in the eye.

That doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to punch someone smaller than me. More likely I'll just either have them dragged out of the club, or do it myself if I have to. Consensus is important in that kind of thing; in case the cops show up, you have witnesses that you were just trying to protect yourself when you used physcial coercion. Giving someone a black eye doesn't work in that situation, but choking or using a hammer-lock or armbar does.

tldr: people use violence out of a sense of powerlessness
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 10:43 am

Very small men are hustlers and are always comparing themselves to you...I say they deserve to get beaten up most of the time.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 12:16 pm

It would never occur to me in a million years that throwing an ice cube and talking shit would warrant getting beaten down by ANYONE...

I've seen a dude knock out a dude's front teeth for throwing an ice cube at him. It's stupid.

yes, we don't think we're going to get hit, unless we hit someone first...

So whoever throws the first punch is at fault? Man or woman? Ice cube or no ice cube? I guess it's when somebody actually does something that will actually hurt somebody.

Or their [u]property[/u]. Somehow, when somebody fucks with your stuff, further aggression is somehow legitimated because it's "assault."

People are stupid, not evil. Some chick shouldn't have been hit because she threw an ice cube. Women sometimes provoke men to violence (even though there is no excuse to hit a mouthy bitch, just for being a mouthy bitch), but some men cannot rise above their Neanderthal tendencies -so just as a woman should be careful what she says to a man, [u]I[/u] (a MAN) need to be careful what I say to another man (whether I can tell if he's a Neanderthal or not. I've acted violently towards dudes who didn't expect it and were being mouthy bitches. I've never hit a loud mouthy female though -cause I don't believe in doing that.

people use violence out of a sense of powerlessness

And when I started something with a mouthy bitch, I made sure I was in the position of power to come out the winner. So I think this statement is bullshit.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm

And when I started something with a mouthy bitch, I made sure I was in the position of power to come out the winner. So I think this statement is bullshit

But would you have started something physical at all if you weren't powerless to stop the bitch from being mouthy with words alone?

Blah, probably just arguing semantics with that one.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 2:29 pm

No, I like to hit people I don't agree with.
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 6:06 pm

So whoever throws the first punch is at fault? Man or woman? Ice cube or no ice cube? I guess it's when somebody actually does something that will actually hurt somebody.

Nah, I'm not talking about fault...we're all responsible for our own idiotic behavior. No one don't HAS to react a certain way to anything if they have a modicum of self control...rising above the neanderthal tendencies, as you said. Ben Weasel does Ben Weasel... badly. Just sayin, if I hit somebody, then it wouldn't be the shock of the century if they hit back, it's a real possibility...but if I got punched for throwing an ice cube it would kinda fucking blow my mind.
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 7:43 am

Ben Weasel does Ben Weasel... badly.

Ha!
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 8:31 am

No, I like to hit people I don't agree with

HA!

Man, hanging out with Tony Myers ruined that whole "beating the crap out of people is fun" thing for me.

For instance, did you know that if you hit someone just hard enough to cause shock but not completely knock them out, the endorphins in their body will make them impervious to pain, like they were on PCP?

That's why the guys in Pain Tribe do it. They have to hurt enough to cause shock, and then it's like being on drugs.

So then, when I don't like someone, I don't hit them. I want to make them feel tired and defeated, not like I even see them as a threat. I might throw someone across the room, but I wouldn't punch them. I don't want them to feel the thrill of a fight, just the pain of being helpless and incapacitated.
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 12:41 pm

I want to make them feel tired and defeated

Barrage of impossible trivia questions?
Show them a slideshow of Mr. Universe finalists?
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 12:43 pm

given enough power to act with impunity, all people will create evil acts

people are fundamentally evil

Though they may be in the same sentence, I think these are two very different statements...

If men and women are viewed differently regarding physical violence, it's because it's not a level playing field physically, socially, historically, or politically.

I believe that real human progress in this era requires nonviolence.
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Barrage of impossible trivia questions?
Show them a slideshow of Mr. Universe finalists?

I put a big "\/\/" sticker on their car.

Unless they're republican, then it's a big "O"

I may post MCS charter surrender literature under their windshield wiper, too.
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 4:24 pm

I'd just like to talk about my feelings for a moment, if that's o.k. with you all.
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm

Ive heard your "box of feelings". That's good enough, thank you.
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 7:35 am

Ben Weasel is just rusty....if he had just gotten naked before he punched that girl it would have landed him on the cover of Rolling Stone.
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 8:38 am

Ben Weasel is just rusty....if he had just gotten naked before he punched that girl it would have landed him on the cover of Rolling Stone.
THIS
Posted: Apr 2, 2011 7:28 pm

sluts defend their right to dress like whores:
http://www.slutwalktoronto.com/
Posted: Apr 5, 2011 9:14 am | Edited by: Crystal Lake

Oh man, that Slut Walk topic deserves its own thread. In January, a Toronto cop told a York University personal security class that "women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized." Yeah, that is a quote.
Posted: Apr 5, 2011 12:05 pm

Wow it's almost like we are drowning in rape culture or something, crazy.
Posted: Apr 5, 2011 12:13 pm

PROPANE, PROPANE.
Posted: Apr 5, 2011 12:38 pm

Wow it's almost like we are drowning in rape culture or something, crazy.

This is going in my TMNT screenplay.
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 3:22 am

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 7:37 am

I'd like to abort pro-lifers with my shot gun. Bunch of inbreds.

http://slapblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/inbreeding.jpg
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®