Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / bf4 - sad and lonely night
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 1:55 am

anyone got a good video of this? can't seem to find anything on youtube...
donkey?
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 7:44 am

The Equals version is awesome as well. The Equals version of "let her dance".... not so good.
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 10:26 am

yeah its good!
still, something about bf4...

found a shitty one with let her dance:
http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?MovieID=90493
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 10:37 am

The Equals version of "let her dance".... not so good.

But better than the Grass Roots' version of "I Get So Excited," right?

The whole I Fought the Law album is classic. "Never To Be Forgotten." Wow.
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

INDEED! But the stereo version is possibly the WORST stereo mix of any album I've ever heard.
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 4:14 pm

But the stereo version is possibly the WORST stereo mix of any album I've ever heard.

It's not bad if you dig the hi-hat as a stand alone instrument.
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 5:02 pm

B4-4

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 8:34 pm

I play drums and think the hi-hat is there to make the theme from SHAFT intro sound awesome. And then it should shut the fuck up. Come to think of it, I play cymbals more than I play drums, on a "thing hit" ratio.
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 9:52 pm

I can't hear "I Fought the Law" without thinking of them doing that reworked version for "The Big Kahunna on KHJ". I have a couple of B.F.4 collections, but still don't have a copy of "Julie" which I've only heard Marshal Crenshaw's version(and it rules)....

also, Stewart Copeland knows how to really work a Hi-hat...
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 8:15 am

still don't have a copy of "Julie" which I've only heard Marshal Crenshaw's version(and it rules)....

Great song. It's on the I Fought the Law record.
Trivia: Written by Chip Taylor. (Wild Thing, Angel of the Morning et al.)
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 8:29 am

It's not bad if you dig the hi-hat as a stand alone instrument

Crash is where it's at! I like it when it sounds like sizzlin bacon. Hi-hat guys like to dis the crash.
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 9:04 am

True dat bout the Hi-hat. Bob Keene seemed to think it deserved it's own channel. Well, it did have to share the left channel with those pesky underwater vocals. Again, worst stereo mix ever. Speaking of Chip Taylor and Hi-hats, the Troggs sparse use of hi-hat and cymbals in general has long made them one of my favorite bands. You don't need a Hi-hat to go duba duba duba cha!
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 9:07 am

I think the Troggs' drummer must have been threatened with a fine every time he hit a cymbal. It works, though.

There isn't even a one on I Can't Control Myself, is there? It's just one dumb, ugly throb - the way it should be.
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 3:21 pm | Edited by: greg O

Hey Jeremy, check out the sound clip at the bottom of this auction for what may be the most blatant theft of a Byrds song ever!

http://cgi.ebay.com/250788390997#ht_500wt_1156
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 6:24 pm

It's just one dumb, ugly throb - the way it should be.
thank you. jesus, no one understands this.
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Crash is where it's at!

I like the splash cymbal. I was rockin' out at a polka fest one time and the drummer had a splash cymbal and there were these crusty bikers there wearing leather vests with nothing underneath and they had hairy triceps and there dates were there wearing played out skin-tight taper jeans with the zippers at the bottom and I couldn't help but think of El Duce.
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 8:01 pm

ride cymbals need to be banned from planet earth.
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 1:37 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®