Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / AC/DC????????
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 9:08 am

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 10:17 am

they're no White Stripes, that's for sure.
What are your thoughts on the White Stripes?
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 11:21 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

they're no Queens of The Stone Age...next question.
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 12:05 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Nanne Tepper, I'll get you RichBalls orange hall monitor belt...he's on The White Stripes Street Team....that should be better than a passport in the U.K.
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 12:18 pm

tigerblinds, are you 13 or 14?
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 12:29 pm

what's in angus' napsack?
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm

rock.
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I'll get you RichBalls orange hall monitor belt..

Ha!
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 7:55 pm

easily amused?
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 8:35 am

AC/DC were so glam...that's my whole point here.
Posted: Mar 16, 2016 10:37 pm | Edited by: Tim Teabag

Saw them in '77 with Bon in Memphis on their Let There Be Rock Tour. Had I only known the sanctity of the moment at that time I would have absorbed it like gold at each precious second, What can you do? You're a young kid with no clue of how the future will smile upon the past.
Posted: Mar 17, 2016 11:43 am

The above post I made last night is why some of us shouldn't have internet access under the influence of alcohol. :D
Posted: Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

The good news is that Brian Johnson has finally had to quit. The bad news is that Bon is still dead.
Posted: Mar 30, 2016 3:32 pm

And the winner is!! Axel Rose?!?! What? That sucks. He's all crazy ego. He sounds like Archie Bunker's wife. "ARCHIE!!!" So 1 more show and B.J. dies? Dude. He should do it. Die on stage; that should happen more often. I think they should let a female sing for AC/DC. There are a lot of female AC/DC cover bands. Maybe make it a "Reality Show"? Do people still watch those?
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 6:16 am

Guns 'n Roses gives a concert. Axl replaces Brian. The world is on fire!!
Posted: Apr 14, 2016 4:40 pm

holy shit - I just watched that original video posted - I probably would have been at that show - it was an old movie theatre in Cronulla, Sydney that was turned into a venue - the singer in that clip is Dave Evans he was only with the band for a short time - once Bon took over they rocked much harder - I pretty much lost interest after Bon died

I saw some amazing shows at The Last Picture Show they had great pinball machines in the foyer and the place reeked of hashish... those were the days!
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 6:31 pm

brett_s:
holy shit - I just watched that original video posted - I probably would have been at that show - it was an old movie theatre in Cronulla, Sydney that was turned into a venue - the singer in that clip is Dave Evans he was only with the band for a short time - once Bon took over they rocked much harder - I pretty much lost interest after Bon died

I saw some amazing shows at The Last Picture Show they had great pinball machines in the foyer and the place reeked of hashish... those were the days!

You are my new hero!

I was just having a look through the comprehensive list of all their gigs and I'm struck by how many shows they played in those early years. It's insane. Without counting, I wouldn't be suprised if Bon Scott sang more times with AC/DC than Brian Johnson has in the past 35 years.
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm

yeah in the early days they did heaps of support slots to way more 70' pop style band - it got to a stage where often 3/4 of the crowd would leave after the support act
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 2:28 pm

axl sounds pretty good with angus actually

i will watch the inevitable youtube videos with interest.
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 2:29 pm

drummer is nailing it on the coachella vid too...
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Wow that addition with Angus does sound good! They should forget the ACDC gig for now and just bring Angus along as an extra gun. If they were testing this idea I think they may have hit a good nerve here. It would be easier on Axl and save a little face for Brian Johnson.
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes, with Angus as a member of Guns-n Roses, bring some ACDC songs into the GNR set. That could work!
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 1:23 pm

ACDC could give the gig to Dan McCafferty. Slap one of them pawpaw caps on his head backwards like Brian always wears and he'll be good to go.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Any bets on Axl collapsing when he comes to the bit in the show where he has to carry around Angus on his shoulders? Or do you think that Angus will have one of those wires like all the Peter Pans use, just in case?
Posted: Apr 26, 2016 7:19 pm

They could have gotten the guy from Long Gon Bon. I remember seeing them around the time this video was shot and he did a great Bon vocal impression. I was a little perplexed at why the Angus in the band played rhythm and the Malcolm played lead though. Weird.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®