Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I would like to nominate
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 11:17 pm

"Rock Star" starring Mark Wahlberg as the Least Punk Rock Thing To Exist.
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 11:43 pm

I just watched that on netflix streaming a couple of days ago. Dude leaves a shitty metal band to become a shitty lite alt-rocker....I second this nomination.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 7:48 am

it's the worst movie ever, but i'll watch it any time it's on.

stand up and shout!!!
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 9:01 am

mark wahlberg is a great at playing amazing douchebags.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 10:19 am

Jennifer Aniston is about as gritty as filtered watered. She's supposed to be the "rocker chick" girlfriend, but then she acts appalled at other groupies? She's supposed to have known Wahlberg's character for half their lives but never encouraged him to write his own songs? She goes off to start up Starbucks?

Wahlberg wasn't even a douchebag in this movie. He wasn't mean, self-deprecating, or out of control at all. It was like the screenwriter and director had never met 80's white trash in their lives and they were basing the aesthetic on their 20 year old memories of Slaughter and Whitesnake videos.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 11:33 am

i like this movie but i loooooooooooooooooooooooove crap movies.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm

All I remember of this movie is that he was enthralled with the rosewood fret board on a guitar in a display case...he even said to Jeniffer Aniston, "look it has a rosewood fretboard!" That was funny.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 3:30 pm

i like this movie but i loooooooooooooooooooooooove crap movies.

Then you'll love "Rock and Roll Nightmare," Jon Mikl Thor's cinematic statement that will make you stand up and cheer!

Netflix has it. Even has interviews and bonus stuff. Has it had its own thread already?
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

i like this movie but i loooooooooooooooooooooooove crap movies

have you seen "higher learning" recently? i just saw the last 40 minutes of it. i can't wait to catch it in its entirety.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®