Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Walking Dead
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm buying into the hype.
A primetime series with zombies? I mean, it has to be good, right?

The Walking Dead
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 4:43 pm

I am all but certain this is going to be fantastic
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 6:52 pm

i've never read the comic, but from the preview alone, i'm pretty excited for this show
Posted: Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

On in about 45 minutes!
Posted: Oct 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Great so far!
Posted: Oct 31, 2010 10:32 pm | Edited by: Cole

I'm sold. Very, very, good. Might turn into greatness once I care more about the charcters. The first five minutes showed that they weren't screwing around. I was afraid of zombie light. Nope. They did a nice job.
Posted: Oct 31, 2010 10:36 pm

The crawling under the tank scene ruled.
Posted: Oct 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Great start. don't know how far it can go, but also don't really know where it's going to go.

So far so good!
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 2:34 am | Edited by: Useless Easter

Great start. don't know how far it can go, but also don't really know where it's going to go.

So far so good!

78 issues of the comic book out so far. Sorry to ruin it for you but they still haven't found a cure for zombies. I've only read the comics monthly as they came out and the series is too depressing to re-read the whole thing. AMC has optioned a 2nd season so you will see a lot of people die.

Oh yeah, thought that it was nicely done. The lack of "fucks" is the only bad part about it being on basic cable. I can only imagine how many more times a day I would say fuck with stank ass zombies walking around trying to bite my sweet meats.

All tv shows and movies are sequels, remakes or based on comic books. Church. There was a commercial for Fables during the breaks with our local comic book store mentioned. The last time I saw a comic book advertisement on TV motherfucking Serpentor was acting up.
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 6:29 am

the lack of 'fucks' didn't really bother me, outweighed by the zombie head blood splatter that I thought was pretty good for basic cable...
the end of the weekend just got a little bit better
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 8:24 am

Dead Set is an excellent zombie mini-series. I doubt it's been screened in the US, but it's worth looking out for. Written by Charlie Brooker, who writes for the Guardian.
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 10:33 am

Thought it was pretty great.
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 1:41 pm

I liked the bleakness of it. I'm interested in seeing where it goes, since I have never read the books & have no plans to read them.
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 8:29 pm

Posted: Today, 8:24 am Quote Dead Set is an excellent zombie mini-series. I doubt it's been screened in the US, but it's worth looking out for. Written by Charlie Brooker, who writes for the Guardian.

IFC had a Dead Set marathon on Halloween I believe?
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 8:30 pm

Nice start. Glad I've got something to follow up Rubicon with. Rubicon ruled!
Posted: Nov 2, 2010 4:39 pm

Just watched it last night and thought it was great. So close to the books that i knew what was coming around every turn tho. If they stay this true to the source, some gruesome shit is on the way
Posted: Nov 2, 2010 6:49 pm

is this streamed online anywhere? i don't have cable!!!!
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 8:17 am

Probably not, I think AMC usually shows reruns then releases it on DVD but not Hulu. I could be wrong though.
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 9:00 am

You can buy it on iTunes. $15.99 for a season pass. I'm gonna have to wait for the DVDs.
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 10:53 pm

I just watched it on demand. Very cool.

Rubicon ruled!
Really? I watched the first few and wasn't that impressed. Maybe it got better.
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 11:38 pm

can we have a real discussion about why every show that is worth watching is on sunday and it's sort of stressful...
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 7:44 am

My shitty DVR won't let me record Walking Dead and Eastbound And Down at the same time. Shit hurts me deep down.
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 12:55 pm

AMC is streaming the first episode from their site.

http://www.amctv.com/videos/?bcpid=596002833001&bclid=1768641490&bctid =659216515001
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 12:58 pm

can we have a real discussion about why every show that is worth watching is on sunday and it's sort of stressful

The reason everyone puts their shows on Sunday is because, historically Sunday has been the night with the most overall viewers. It's what keeps shows like 60 minutes and The Simpsons on for decades.
Plus the networks get the added bonus of their show being the last thing people see before going to bed, in hopes that it will be the first thing those people talk about when they get to work in the morning.
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 2:42 pm

My shitty DVR won't let me record Walking Dead and Eastbound And Down at the same time. Shit hurts me deep down.

hbo reruns east bound & down like 80 times in the course of a week. (at least on our cable package)
Posted: Nov 5, 2010 4:32 pm

surfthechannel.com has almost everything. also filestube.com cause shit gets leaked. don't be a slave to the tv schedulers.

and i really hope fables doesn't make it to tv. i'm tired of this remake nonsense. i think the walking dead is a great example of what zombie literature is capable of, the way watchmen is a great example of superhero literature. but they didn't need to be turned into shows and movies to make that point. have all the good ideas been used up, or is everyone too fucking lazy to bother creating original content anymore? it's like if the majority of the music in the world was created by cover bands because eh, rolling stones, dylan, they were good enough, let's not even bother to try something different. well, i got some ideas for a show, and i can guarantee it's better than heroes. who wants to give me 4 seasons on a major network and a couple million dollars?
Posted: Nov 6, 2010 12:48 pm

looking forward to this week's episode of the walking dead - i liked the first one, but i felt like every important moment appeared on one of their commercials so the suspense wasn't so much there.

just finished watching dead set last night - i'd really recommend watching that one. i think all 5 episodes are still on demand if you've got comcast.
Posted: Nov 7, 2010 10:32 pm

Second episode was better than the first. Yeah, looks like it's going to be as good as everyone hoped. Frank Darabont was perfect for this. I bet the creator of the comic was thanking God when he heard he would be over it.
Posted: Nov 7, 2010 10:39 pm

Rubicon ruled!
Really? I watched the first few and wasn't that impressed. Maybe it got better.

Yeah; they started pushing Rubicon at the season finale of Breaking Bad. Watched the pilot for Rubicon, and didn't make the effort to check the rest of it out, based on that.

Just watched Walking Dead tonight though. Will check out the first episode.
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 1:35 am

for those saying that they never read the books or plan to.....

READ THE BOOKS

so much better
Posted: Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 3:11 pm

over....
last episode was a little lacking for me...here's to next season!
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 9:09 am

Season 1 now streaming on netflix if you haven't seen it...
Sunday!
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 9:47 am

No more Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption/The Mist!) in charge. I think the show is gonna suffer. Watched some web thing by the new guy- the makeup dude who is now the boss. It was pretty bad.
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Adrieanne Barbeau in "The Fog" was fantastic!
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Last nights season premiere was OK. Had higher hopes for a little more character development with a 90 minute show and only 6 episodes so far. It's kind of like the characters are "just there" and not very interesting at all. Don't get me wrong, I got into it for the genre but random uninteresting characters running from zombies likely won't hold my attention for too long. Hope it changes.
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm

man, those ads every 2-3 minutes were a buzzkill...
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 5:19 pm

At the pace they are going, it's going to take 25 seasons to catch up to the first 4 years of the comic. I thought the slow pace was going well for the show in season 1, but last night was GLACIAL.
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 5:46 pm

No more Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption/The Mist!) in charge. I think the show is gonna suffer

Last, night was proof of that. It was OK. I don't have enough free time for OK. The whole thing of characters praying to the Jesus statue really annoyed me. It's just so cliche'. I was excited the first twenty minutes....it was pretty bad ass. Daryl is pretty great, Rick is staring to suck.

I think that Frank Darabont is the guy that would have elevated this to a higher level( just watch the films to see what I'm talking about)....without him.....I'm losing faith and interest....fast.
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 5:51 pm

The whole thing of characters praying to the Jesus statue really annoyed me. It's just so cliche'.

I completely agree. They have a lot of ground to cover and a lot of their humanity to lose. If I were surviving a zombie apocalypse I wouldn't give two flying shits about Jesus
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 5:56 pm

was not into it last night. i was waiting for gus to show up and clean house, but I guess he's still dead.
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 6:04 pm

was not into it last night. i was waiting for gus to show up and clean house, but I guess he's still dead.

Yep. It's become apparent that there is a very clear difference between these two series...
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 10:44 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

I'll give all 7 episodes so far a solid 2 mehs up. I was a huge supporter and wellwisher and apologist for the show since I knew that shit would be fucked up and awesome soon (like in the comics that I still get when they come out) but this shit is really tepid and lame. If there weren't zombies and gore this would be Shitty Jericho.

The whole thing of characters praying to the Jesus statue really annoyed me. It's just so cliche'. I was excited the first twenty minutes....it was pretty bad ass. Daryl is pretty great, Rick is staring to suck.

Ayep. Daryl is the only solid dude so far this season. Where the fuck is Michonne? Not much religion in the comic. Praying to the OG zombie for help was hella xtreme Little House On The Apocalyptic Prairie stylee.

At the pace they are going, it's going to take 25 seasons to catch up to the first 4 years of the comic. I thought the slow pace was going well for the show in season 1, but last night was GLACIAL.

No shit! Season 1 was maybe 2 issues of the comics with some extra stuff thrown in. My wife loves the show so I'll be watching all of it and pleased a fucking pie when it turns into Zombie Waltons.
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 9:38 am

I 've remained optimistic up to this point, but I just watched the latest episode last night and have come to the conclusion that Walking Dead is one melodramatic and meandering piece of shit.

Yeah! Where's Michonne?
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 11:01 pm

I forgot when Michonne and the football player show up, but god I hope it's soon. Then they'll be able to kill off token black dude with "Dogg" in his name, right?
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 7:32 am

American Horror Story is helping to make up for a somewhat lackluster second season of Walking Dead...
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm enjoying it, but then again I've never read any of the graphic novels.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 7:35 pm

Totally agree benwah. American Horror Story is very badass. Waaay into it. Makes Walking Dead look stupid, especially this season.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:09 pm

American Horror Story i

I've been hearing about this. Is it to late to jump in?
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:18 pm

Hope not. Just saw the commercial last night during sunny in philly and it looks good!
Posted: Nov 5, 2011 5:54 am

The first four episodes are on-demand via TWC...don't know if they're available online? Try to watch them first...the first episode was so all over the place, when I first saw it, I was like this is either going to be great or shit.
Lots of back story since and now everything is lining up for a great first season.
Posted: Nov 5, 2011 11:20 am

first three episodes can be watched here

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 9:10 am

Definitley one ya gotta watch from the start. So much happens in every epiosde, missing one would lose ya. Great stuff!
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 10:48 am

Thank you Mark......about to start catching up right now.
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 10:47 am

have y'all jumped ship, or do you think last night was a step in the right direction?

Was hoping the barn would be a little more crowded and terrifying.
Is Daryl supposed to be the tv version of Michonne?
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 5:31 pm

have y'all jumped ship, or do you think last night was a step in the right direction?

i'm still watching it and like it, but i'm not super crazy about it. there's just something about the pacing of it that feels off, but maybe that's just because every zombie movie nowadays seems to have superfast zombies that move like they're wearing wile e. coyotes rocket roller skates and they're less character driven so the plots move really fast paced. but this season... shit, how many episodes have they been looking for that lost little girl? cuz to the audience it's been a month. just seems like there's a bit too much standing around and lackluster dialog - the characters/actors aren't all that charasmatic to be capably drive that kind of story. like i said, though, i still like it - i just see the potential for better.
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 9:03 pm

I'd say definitely try to catch up with American Horror Story if you can. I can't imagine starting it in the middle. Definitely is blowing the Walking Dead out of the water.
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah, I agree with both of you guys. The pacing of Walking Dead is really off and I'm caught up with American Horror Story, and it's really good. It's kind of interesting to see the difference that one great director can make....
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 8:36 am

still watching Walking Dead...thinking if I went into a coma today, and woke up in season 3, they'd still be looking for that girl. It's #2 in line, now that AHS is so good.
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm still watching, but, having read the comics, can't help but continually compare and complain about pacing.

Whatever.

I do, however, think I'm liking 'Hell On Wheels' better. So far.
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 3:54 pm

The scalping on Boardwalk Empire was amazing.
Posted: Nov 18, 2011 7:34 am

man, American Horror Story keeps up the crazings...next week, Rubber Man revealed!
Posted: Nov 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Yeah and how bout ole Travis that lives up in the attic!
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 8:21 am

pace has picked up quite a bit...and judging from last night, it's finally time to get the fuck off the farm!
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am

I thought last night was season finale...I mean what bigger event has happened than Rick killing Shane, Shane turning in a zombie instantly and Rick's kid shooting Zombie Shane in the head with one shot? Next week is gonna be a motherfugger.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

What is the deal with zombie hostage kid, and zombie Shane? Is there like zombie juice in that fog? Did the kid have the zombie innim and bite Shane? Was Shane a carrier?

WTF?

At least it'll give em something to TALK about next episode.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 10:30 am

this season is much nastier than last season's oprah-thon. good stuff last night.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 10:42 am

Who has read the comic? I've read some people complaining about the show straying far from the comic narrative.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 11:53 am

It really doesn't follow the comic. Well, if it was like the comic, the comic would've been three times as long just about the stupid farm. If it was like the comic, the show would be over and things would be wrapped up nice and bleak.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Really? Got the collected comic for a friend... like 500 pages.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm hoping they'll eventually get back to the plot line in the books, like Michonne, because that would kick ass. The show is better than the books as far as getting across characterizations, but, it's like they strung out this season way too long for no real reason. I read that a big part of the unevenness of the second season was due to some writer issues and the firing of Frank Darabont. The comic was just okay. The show, this season, is just okay IMHO. Oh, well. I think zombies are the new pirates.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 12:53 pm

i'm just glad they managed to sneak in a line for T-Dog last night....
"Aww Hell No!"
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm kind of over the comic vs tv series thing. They are straying far from the book, but that kind of makes it more interesting. they have enough stuff in the show that if you read the comics your a small step ahead, but still unsure. Daryl kind of sold the tv series for me. New character who fits. I'll give 'em some creative licence.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 9:34 pm

This shit's dumb. Are they implying that the prisoner and shane turned into a zombie because they had loose morals? And Dale didn't turn into one because he's a "good guy"? Fuck that. I loved the comic book where everyone who dies turns into a zombie no matter what. Scared the shit out of me. No way am I watching season 3. Watered down neuter-fest.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Dale didn't turn into one because Darryl shot him in the head...the kid got his neck snapped and Shane was stabbed...nothing in the head, that is why they turned into zombies and Dale didn't.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 9:49 pm | Edited by: rayultine

ahhh... got it. ok I'm a little less annoyed now. I TAKE MY TV SERIOUSLY.
Posted: Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

that shit was good...gonna miss the interplay between Rick and Shane...that was some pretty compelling stuff...
Posted: Mar 13, 2012 12:05 am

Dale didn't turn into one because Darryl shot him in the head...

Right. And they shot him in the head because the walker fucking GUTTED him and his zombification was totally inevitable. They've also been pointing out that a lot of the walkers don't have bites or scratches... implying that all one has to do is die and it... happens... hence Shane and the kid.

I loved that alpha male testosterone explosion! I've fallen for the whole thing tho...
Posted: Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I thought the season 3 opener was pretty awesome. Nice to see them get to the prison.....lotsa zombie action.....really cool to watch them turn into a team of zombie assassins....even Carl!
Posted: Oct 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Anybody else super annoyed with all the INCREASE THE VOLUME OF THE MUSIC, START UP THE LONG SHOTS OF CHARACTERS LOOKING AT EACH OTHER THIS PART IS DRAMATIC...I am 14 I need to know how to feel.
Posted: Oct 18, 2012 12:23 am

I liked it. Except why the fuck walk open the gate and get swarmed by zombies in order to kill them when THEY'RE STANDING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A CHAINLINK FENCE QUEUING UP TO BE STABBED IN THE HEAD?!
Posted: Oct 18, 2012 1:10 am

^ No shit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®