Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / gf7 opinions part XXLMC.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 1:24 am

Well, I missed the fuckin Guinea Worms, BUT Dave Cloud made me happy, Oblivians were RIdIculousy FAsT and tight!! Guitar Wolf tmorow and much other things!
P.s. Thanks again Eric! John H Zac etc....Joe t. Thanks from all of from the Michigan
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 2:13 am

You are posting while the Oblivians are playing. There are starving 20 somethings in Brooklyn right now that would shave their mustaches to be at the show and you're busy fiddling with the internet. Land sakes.

Wish that the talcum powder bomb would have went off between my legs. Gosh.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 3:39 am

I loved the Guinea Worms. Someone posted somewhere that they weren't sure how their music would come off at GF7...I kinda wondered too. They came off great...very cool, animated frontman really sold it.

The Parting Gifts were great, really looking forward to them putting something out soon.

Personal & The Pizzas were hella fun. I like their whole shtick.

Dave Cloud lived up to the hype. He's badass.

The crowd didn't seem to dig Strapping Fieldhands too much. I thought they were cool and interesting. They were actually a nice breather before the explosion that was the Oblivians.

They had a great set. I was up front until I realized that I was 37, out of shape, and not that drunk. I got my ass to the back. Fun.

Anyway I came solo, and everyone was super cool to me. i really appreciate it. It was fan-fucking-tastic to meet everyone.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 10:46 am

I was in the back, watching, listening, sweating to the beat, there was a wall of people 6 cubits thick!
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

PEPPERONI EYES
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 11:00 am

"Gonerfest. Its a dirty party" - Julien Fried
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 11:18 am

OBLIVIANS were amazing !

I sweated out at least 1/2 the 100's of beers I have consumed this weekend
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 12:58 pm

I would like to go on and apologize for throwing beer on everybody at the thursday night show. Seemed like a good idea while dancing with hot chicks on a platform! Whats a rock show without some beer flying around?

But besides that craziness, the shows have been great!

Dave Cloud- wow
Golden Boys-wow

Like Cole, i made it through four oblivians songs before i thought i was going to have either a heat stroke or a heart attack. Seriously, i felt some weird pain and got the hell outta there.

Ready for some day show rock!
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Golden Boys-wow

Yep, ditto.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Cole, where were you? I was looking for you.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Cole, where were you? I was looking for you.
Grabbin the lube out the car - you know how he rolls!
party!!
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Personal and the Pizzas made me want to go to Garibaldis, up there singin about pepperoni n shit. Dave Cloud renewed my faith in humanity, if but for half an hour. Let there be man titties. Strapping Fieldhands translated much better live than on say, their myspace page. Can't remember the name of the band that played after them. They were pretty good.
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Cole, did you ever find Bruce?
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 7:43 pm | Edited by: Cole

Naw, but that's cool. I'm sure I'll meet everyone eventually. Cool, to meet you dude.

The best thing about this board is people aren't fake. The way they seem on this board is how they are. I was talking to Scott at Murphy's a little while ago, it took about 2 minutes of conversation before he was like. "Bruce is GAY! What a fag!" haha
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Hey Sam, after you left, I had this really cool conversation with Marsh about punk rock in MS. We talked awhile. I saw him and said hi at Murphy's....I'm pretty sure he had no idea who I was. haha
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Armitage Shanks. Now.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 3:27 am

There was a Gonerfeed TV party over at Brain Falkner's tonight (a block away from PoHo latest 'made for TV movie' incident) and we partied!!!

Though Destroy Oh! Boy IS one the THE BEST PUNK ROCK ALBUMS EVER I hadn't cared to give the NBT's the time of day in a quite awhile. Tonight they killed.

Fuckin' GUITAR WOLF too! WOW!
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 3:50 am

sucked for me because i had gigs the last two nights, but tonight i got to see most everything at least, and i did catch the oblivians encore last night. amber was not a jeff evans fan the other night but i really enjoyed it, i think she was just tired from work and pissy at me for cranking the stereo. i thought golden triangle were horrible and the aussie band mediocre at best. armitage shanks were good but nothing mind blowing. new bomb turks kicked things up a notch, and guitar wolf are an awesome closing band but it was not as good watching on the computer as i have no doubt it would have been in person.

my #1 opinion is that it is SO KICK ASS that goner and rocket science stream this shit FOR FREE!!!!!!! without that i wouldnt be able to have any fucking opinion at all!!!!! god bless you mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 4:47 am

New Bomb Turks and Golden Boys blew my mind! (wish we could'a gotten the stream working for GB!)
Best Oh Sees set I've seen/heard!!!

Everybody else was great but those three were tits!

Glad you could watch, Brad (and everybody else). Sorry we couldn't get your video hapnin!

Two more bands...should be streaming..2pm-ish (-6GMT...however that works out for you).
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 6:15 am

my video was a totally last minute thought, no hard feelings whatsoever.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 6:19 am

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 7:29 am

new bomb turks. yep!
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 11:09 am

DAMN. I got to go Friday and Saturday, thanks to my benevolent and understanding wife but I succeeded in missing all three of the bands that I WANTED to see. Missed Strapping Fieldhands, Dave Cloud and UV Race.

AND on top of that, never did find Rich Balls to kick his ass.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 11:54 am

New Bomb Turks slayed. That was the band I most wanted to see and they did not disappoint. Thanks for bringing them here. Girls At Dawn were cute. Haven't seen a band that short since mini-Kiss. Guitar wolf dude needs to work on his beer killing performance. He shoulda got that down much faster.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Guitar wolf dude needs to work on his beer killing performance. He shoulda got that down much faster.

Yeah, no shit, my grandmother could down a 12 oz. Budweiser quicker than that dude. Was that him or Toru who was just standing in the back room, with his arms crossed, not talking to anyone, occasionally taking sips from a beer he kept in his armpit? Unhappiest looking guy.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 10:04 pm

TOTAL CONTROL was my highlight of the weekend, since it was unexpected.
Guinea Worms was also great.
Loved the Oblivians, but I sweated more than at hot yoga class. It was beyond gross.
Did you put some drugs in the water? Because I was hit on more than my 20s and 30s combined!
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 10:30 pm

TOTAL CONTROL was my highlight of the weekend, since it was unexpected.

Oh yeah, man. I totally agree. They were great. Great frontman, tight band.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 10:37 pm | Edited by: bruce

damn cole, i was stage managing that one, right next to the front door which was supposed to remain shut, kept hearing you were around but when ever i got a chance to walk around no one could find you
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah, Cole. You left Bruce with blue balls.
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 10:42 pm

but tommy took care of it
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 12:03 am

Fags!
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 1:46 am

SCOTT...you by any chance see some posters of the GF7 in a cylinder type package by were we was dj ing on Sat.??? I think i forgot em. Just checkin.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 3:53 am

The crowd didn't seem to dig Strapping Fieldhands too much.

Surprised to hear you say that. The crowd certainly thinned out but those wise enough to stay seemed to really dig it. One friend said it seemed like everyone under 30 went out on the patio during their set and he had a point. Playing right before The Oblivians didn't help either. I know I missed some good shit too in order to smoke, get fresh air, avoid Sambeaux, socialize, et al...

Strapping Fieldhands were a highlight for me. I've been wanting to see them for 15 years and It makes me happy to know Sambeux missed it. I do know that seeing Girls at Dawn more than made up for his misfortune

other highlights:
Golden Boys
Vermillion Sands
The Lamps
Menthols

Guinea Worms (wouldn't want to be the band who had to follow them)

Missing Monuments

Total Control

Dave Cloud surpassed my high expectaions

knowing that Jerry only made it through 4 Oblivians songs before turning into a pussy.

Oblivians

3rd annual Scott Rogers_Los Compadres_Sunday evening laughfest

Sarah/Stacy confusion

Cozy Corner Cornish Hen

Yamhill/Frenchy tongue swapping session at the Buc

Goner and HiTone Staff

Humorous Radio Host denying having his picture taken by a fan because the fan broke the no touch policy

UV Race and the fact Sambeuax missed them because he had a hankering to try the new Dominoes recipe.

Finishing out the weekend with Chings hot Wings and the new Eastbound and Down.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 9:20 am

DESTRUCTION UNIT -- not sure how I spaced this yesterday. Maybe the 20 hours sleep over 4 days. Loved their set.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am

Dutch, I think there might have been a cylinder up there, but I'm not sure. I had had a couple of drinks at that point.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 10:28 am

Damn, dissed thrice in one post! Mission Accomplished.

Yeah, those Cornish Hens are IT.

Humorous Radio Host

They need to bag the "celebrity" guest MCs (unless it's someone like Rip Taylor) and just have Tupelo Cole introduce all the bands.

Cole, sorry I split, I was looking for bruce but I got a text and had to go home and help my wife with the kids.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 11:16 am

Those WFMU deejays who emceed Saturday night were the worst. The bass player from Girls at Dawn just fucking rolled her eyes during their introduction. And the dude that was talking shit about New Orleans was not funny.

Ross Johnson for perma-emcee.

But whatever, Gonerfest 7 ruled. My faves:

Oblivians
Guitar Wolf
Lamps
Personal and the Pizzas
Destruction Unit
Parting Gifts
Super Wild Horses

Can't wait till next yeat
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Ross Johnson for perma-emcee.

and for anytime anything needs to be said from the stage
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 1:22 pm | Edited by: cococomas

MY HI-LITES:
**Oblivians & Guitar Wolf tied it for the best band I saw all weekend... Guitar Wolf absolutely slayed - check me out, I was in the pit! What am I, 16 again?
**Cheap Time at the afterparty (specifically Ryan doing the "crazy drummer" moves from the YouTube internet sensation video - no one likes a SHOW OFF!)- plus, the new songs fucking slay.
**Ty Segall on Thursday nite & an even better show Saturday night at the afterparty. PARANOID!
**Personal & the Pizzas - totally re-energized the crowd - NEW 7-INCH OUT ON TROUBLE IN MIND!
**Parting Gifts were great - looking forward to hearing the LP
**I personally liked the Strapping Fieldhands - great TVP/early Floyd-isms... "slightly psych"
**GUS'S FRIED CHICKEN.
**FINALLY getting to buy a Payne's tee shirt after eating some awesome chopped pork... I was stoked - dude looked at me like I was crazy. Ha!
**rehearsing with Jack-O on Saturday day
**Seeing all my awesome & hilarious friends from all across the world. I hope all of us can be in the same place again soon!

MY LO-LITES:
**taking the wrong exit early on Thursday morning, thereby losing an hour & consequently JUST MISSING Thee Oh Sees on Thursday afternoon - I am an idiot.
**not being able to attend the Wed. show & missing Vermillion Sands (NEW 7-INCH OUT ON TROUBLE IN MIND!)
**accidentaly breaking Ty's guitar on Thursday nite - when I am drunk I am a clutzy dumb-ass sometimes... SORRY AGAIN TY.
**missing most of the Sat. day show (but for a good reason - see above) & NOT seeing: Outdoorsmen, Wild Thing, LAMPS, Burning Sands, Total Control & Red Mass.
**my friends getting dissed & pissed for dumb reasons
**not remembering to grab a burger from Lamplighter
**Guitar Wolf shirts being $20 - oof!
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 3:02 pm | Edited by: Cole

The crowd didn't seem to dig Strapping Fieldhands too much.

Surprised to hear you say that.

Your totally right Ryan. I posted that after coming home from the show, and I was blown away by the Oblivians. I've never been to alot of club shows, mostly arena rock shit and my mind was blown. Comparing them to the Oblivians( which is what I was doing) was not fair. The crowd was digging them, and I was too. I retract that statement. Quick question, was that an exceptional set or just normal? That shit was wicked. I've never felt that level of energy at a live show before. Again, not alot of experience.

Cole, sorry I split, I was looking for bruce but I got a text and had to go home and help my wife with the kids

Not a problem. I have four, so I know the deal. You and alot of the other guys were super cool. Alot of the Goner employees were introducing me to everyone they would see that was on the board. I really appreciated it.

I'll be around shows alot more now. I always felt awkward going to shows alone(everybody where I live are huge Nickelback fans), but I'm over that shit now. I'll get to meet the people I missed, and hang out with the ones I have met more in the future. I had a great time.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 3:38 pm

MANHUNT!!!!
Dave Cloud
Armitage Shanks with Bongo Debbie covering Part Time Punks
Golden Boys
Finally meeting Cole
The house show
Walking out of the house show and seeing Guitar Wolf standing in the yard!
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 4:08 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

Best:
-driving into town on Tuesday so I could see people, chill, and have fun without all of the lunacy of 3,000 bands and sauces to sample
-2 burgers at the Lamplighter spread out over the first and last days in town
-having a bag of bread and peanut butter for healthy breakfasts
-eating Gus's with Richie from Orlando. Love that guy.
-going to Payne's on Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Narrowly missing Ben & Mel and then hearing that a big dude from MI was just in there.
-Bryants on Saturday. Standing in line trying to keep it cool with plummeting blood sugar and beer shits when I hear about PBR and pork shits behind me so we make Massachusetts and Miami friends. Guy running Bryants asks us where we're from and we tell him Michigan and he instantly knows that we're in town for GF7. MA dudes chat him up even more so while we're eating, thee best breakfast I've had in months, he brings us out a plate of even more biscuits and honeys and sugar sauces to dip it in. Fatty royalty, comped syrups!
-meeting 300 people from Melbourne
-talking with Ken about comics and movies and movies about comics
-Miss Anne throwing a dude out of the Lamplighter at 4:30pm on Saturday and feeding his burger that he complained about to her kitties
-getting Joe Pestilence's phone # for late night texts of personal high scores on Pocket Simon
-only got shit hammered on Thursday and Saturday

Worst:
-being in town 2 days before my sweet babycakes flew into town late on Thursday.
-siren call of Taco Bell on Union for the rides home to our hotel downtown
-Dennys on the corner of our hotel
-being forced to use valet parking at our hotel. I need to touch my goddamned records downstairs, y'all got my goddamn keys, goddamn!
-not remembering anybody's names besides the 90 people I already knew at the shows
-only got shit hammered on Thursday and Saturday
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 4:25 pm

I forgot to add Womb Raider to the list above of the hardcore nerd brethren that I got to kick it with longer than "Hey, sup, nice hair, great slacks" pleasantries.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Those WFMU deejays who emceed Saturday night were the worst. The bass player from Girls at Dawn just fucking rolled her eyes during their introduction. And the dude that was talking shit about New Orleans was not funny.

Have to admit I didn't see any of Tom or Terry's emcee action but I can safely say that they were two of the coolest folks I met all weekend.

After hours house party was great though the lack of alcohol kind of sucked. Guess that was on me though.

Best part of the after hours...spying a poorly hidden twelve pack inside a bedroom which had a door slightly ajar. While I hate to admit to stealing, I made sure nobody was looking and snagged one anyway without entering the room. The beer was cold and might just have been the best beer I've ever tasted.

Second best part of the after hours...walking through the back door and overhearing two, i assume residents, contemplating how they would handle it if Muscle tried to enter.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

I forgot to add Womb Raider to the list above of the hardcore nerd brethren that I got to kick it with longer than "Hey, sup, nice hair, great slacks" pleasantries.

true. though I think he and I were both just about over it all when we conversed. either that or he thought I was Garrett Hartley whatever the case, it was cool to finally meet the guy.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 5:10 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

The only thing funnier than Personal and the Pizza's gimmick was Matt's hatred of it.

"Dude, first of all, they're not true, secondly, they're from San Francisco..."
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 7:03 pm

PEPPERONI EYES
Kim Carnes WAS gonna name it that way...( instead of Betty Davis )
Hurricane Martel. Go Saints!
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 7:05 pm

oh, now it is cold season in MI. my hands have been frozen by BOX. "its my job...to freeze you! " ( regular storage procedure....)
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Looks like summer actually ended today in Memphis. Had to wear a jacket at 6:30 this morning. High temp today was maybe 80.
Posted: Sep 27, 2010 8:57 pm

I'll have my list of cheers and jeers a little later.

On another note: severe culture shock at work today. I decided I didn't like anybody, and "Shirts Off" is my new in-my-head-jam when walking past people in the hall.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 3:23 am

It's cool Scott, I talked to Mr. Hoppe, its all good. Robyn, your braids were slammin!! and everything was soundin real good!!!
-Chris.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 3:27 am

mr hoppe was my 7th grade history teacher.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 11:19 am

My only bummer the whole weekend was the guy that dumped part of his red drink into my purse and when I called him out on it he dumped the rest of drink on me. Of course my friend turns to him and says "you are about to get your ass kicked by two 40 year old ladies while watching the Oblivians. If that is really what you want?"
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 11:54 am

Robyn, your braids were slammin!!

rad.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 11:57 am | Edited by: tim

My only bummer the whole weekend was the guy that dumped part of his red drink into my purse and when I called him out on it he dumped the rest of drink on me. Of course my friend turns to him and says "you are about to get your ass kicked by two 40 year old ladies while watching the Oblivians. If that is really what you want?"

haha, i think we were right next to you.
did he say something about his $200 shirt to you?
we kept calling that guy "$200 shirt" everytime we saw him the rest of the weekend.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm

haha, i think we were right next to you.
did he say something about his $200 shirt to you?

Yes. What a complete ass. The next day he wouldn't look either of us in the eye. I do get the early 20s get trashed off your ass thing, but that took it too a whole other level.
I am just really happy that it wasn't my first time seeing the Oblivians or I would have been very, very bummed.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Still haven't completed my cheers and jeers list, but wanted to use my lunch break to at least get some thanks out:

Thanks all the venues, Goner, and crew. I can't believe it worked.
Also thanks to several people who just up-and-helped and really didn't have to. Again, I'll start gushing about all of them tonight on here when I get home. The behind the scenes thing is ultra-super busy, but I love it so much I wouldn't have it any other way.

P.S. I don't think I was coherent to anyone by Saturday night, so my apologies if you talked to me and relayed some mangled, stream of conscious back to you that I really don't remember.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 12:50 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Also, still going through stats and cleaning it free of known bots, etc., but it looks like Friday and Saturday we were hitting around the 600 - 700 mark of unique users at least watching (or attempting to watch) part of the shows from the internet each day/night.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm

keep us informed,, i wanna see some footage!
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 4:13 pm | Edited by: gina

All the bands, the bartenders, the venues, the DJs and everyone I met this year were phenomenal. Thanks to EVERYBODY, but especially to Eric, Zac, Hoppe, Joe T and Marcus for making it happen! And to the RSA guys for making sure those who couldn't come to Memphis could still check it out.

HIGHLIGHTS
**Danced like a drunken idiot at the Hi Tone for long after the show was over (thanks to the DJ stylings of Mr. Buck Wilders and the kindness of our Hi Tone bartenders for not kicking us out on the street!) and Cathy saying to me (nearing 5 a.m.), "Uh, it looks like the Australians are getting ready to leave. Shit. What time is it? We CAN'T leave later than the Australians. Grab your purse, let's get the hell outta here!"
**The Thursday afternoon cookout at Bruce and Jeannie's with SF/Brooklyn/Aussie folks was perfect. Thanks, guys!
**That flyer for the after party was the best. Got handed one one night and it said 500% punk. The next night someone else handed me one and I noticed it had been changed to 600% punk. No Fonzies!
**I was so punchy on Friday morning that when Scott asked me how to pronounce frappe (is it pronounced like FRAP or like FRAP-AY?) while we were waiting in line for coffee, I told him I wasn't sure, but the way he said it it sounded like a swear either way. Then I went around giggling, repeating "Frappin' A, man! Teeheeheehee!" to myself for about an hour. This was but one of the many moments when someone really should have shot me with a tranquilizer gun and took me home to sleep it off for a few hours. (At least I wasn't the one who accidentally got Fireball cinnamon whisky up my nose. Ahem.)
**Rob Yazzie wearing "Napolean Bonershorts" at the Buccaneer was a highlight. I think?
**I loved seeing the Touch-Me-Nots as a three-piece. Having Clark, Andy and Kelly (and Jay-Mo!) around was so nice! Deb, Aya, Robert, Stacie, Kelsey, Missy? So many smiling faces from the Gay Bay! Love you kids!
** Super Wild Horses were great. What's not to love? Total Control? UV Race? Yes and YES! Loved meeting all the Aussies, but especially Amanda and Foxy!
**The floor at the dairy house flexing beneath our feet on Saturday night made me really scared. And then not scared (just drunk). And then certain that I should move closer to the wall so that when the floor DID fall in I'd be on top of the pile of people who got injured rather than getting killed at the bottom of the pile. NBT guys were suddenly very concerned about whether or not Memphis houses have basements and how far down would we fall when it collapsed.
**Oblivians, New Bomb Turks and Guitar Wolf killed it. Guinea Worms were such a strong start to Thursday night it was a bit mind-bending. Personal and the Pizzas are a perfect combination of stupidity and genius and were certainly good sports red pepper flakes and sweat can't be a good combination. Ty was fantastic.

My only regrets? I completely missed Tyler & the Apostles and Love Collector's sets via sheer stupidity.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 5:56 pm

**Danced like a drunken idiot at the Hi Tone for long after the show was over (thanks to the DJ stylings of Mr. Buck Wilders and the kindness of our Hi Tone bartenders for not kicking us out on the street!)
I would hope that this doesn't have to be a yearly event. Glad you had fun!
Tyler & the Apostles played a super solid set by the way. I think it woke everyone up on thursday.

HIGH's...
-Getting to DJ for more than 15 people! I get to do this about 4 times a year(usually out of town.) Seemed liked I got asked what every record I played was. Uncommonly good time for a DJ in Memphis!
-Watching the look on bands faces when I told them our reverb unit "just broke" right before they were about to go on. This joke was only played on the bands I knew would want some verb. Ty claims he is now part of the reverb rebellion.
-Watching Jerryd have a savagely good time! On his own platform to boot.
-Overhearing Jeannine inform Eric that "they like'em tight" at the t-shirt booth.
-Witnessing Spiderbag Dan drink straight from the tequila spout behind the bar! If Hitone Dan didn't heart the Siderbags so much, this would have never happened.
-Watching several girls I know act as if Tom Scharpling was Justin Bieber.

MID's...
-Missing the Olivians but waking up in enough time to watch them on the interwebs. Way to go RSA and LFM!

LOW's...
-Learning that Dog Police LP's were not the hot item on the menu this year. Bummer.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 8:12 pm

(At least I wasn't the one who accidentally got Fireball cinnamon whisky up my nose. Ahem.)
I have been scrubbing my (bpa free) nalgene bottle out for a couple of days, since I don't want to be reminded of cinnamon whisky when I am drinking water.
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Highlight of the fest was when the UFO landed behind the Hi Tone and out popped Guitar Wolf and his entourage. Guitar Wolf then sliced a guy in half with a samurai sword, chugged a beer, and rocked out.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 1:21 am

so hard to read this thread w/o killing myself.

next year?
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 2:12 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

I would first like to start with a quote from Eric O, quoting Martel, July 24, 2004:
"phpbb looks like every other message board. i like the simple layout of the UBB. as chris martel pointed out last week, it's archaic, slow, stubborn, and very goner-appropriate.

so... until we figure something else out, we're sticking with what we got."

My good friend, Kyle, and I agree. Almost a year later, we approached Eric to see if we could try out an idea. We had both done our share of live recording on a smaller scale, but could we try bringing in a couple of ADATs and a mixer and some mics, and if nobody minded, could we try to record that in-store coming up? Eric said, "sure."
And we did it.
And Kyle and I said to each other, "Hey, what if we tried that for that Gonerfest 2 thing?"; that seems fun, multiple bands, multiple venues, hadn't tried that before, either. Then asked Eric & Zac, and they said "sure". 50+ ADAT tapes later, we'd successfully pulled that one off, too. Then the last Blackout came, and Gonerfest 3 and GF 4. For all of those, we asked Eric and Zac and the bands if we could post some stuff online; he and they said "sure". And so we did that.
Then came Gonerfest 5. We said, "hey, can we try out another idea? Could we try to stream the audio for Gonerfest?" Goner said "Sure". By Gonerfest 6, we wanted to add video, too. Eric, again, let us do what we want. And we did it. Except the bookends of opening and closing ceremonies. We didn't get that.
This year we were determined to do the whole thing, or die trying. Then Goner sprung the extra night. "No big deal", we said; that happened for GF 3, and we can handle it. Sure thing.
Well, the reality is, it's a shit-load of work. Weeks before, there's footwork and logistics and schematics to be worked out. Planning how to move stuff. Making sure we can borrow some gear, and if not, coming up with the best with what we've got. Days before, the setting up of static sites we'll use, and building what we'll need for remote work. And moving gear. During Gonerfest, more moving gear. There is the building and tearing down of stages. Checking and re-checking we have what we need, only to have to make a mad dash to get something we forgot. Coming up with contigency plans for if it rains or if the PA doesn't show up. Sometimes you have to climb a tree. Sometimes you have to tape down the tree, only to tear everything down, make sure you leave the place how you found it, and hope that you grabbed everything. And hope that you make the next place on time and are ready, up, and running to record the next band at the new place. Then leave late at night and be up early. It is exhausting. But it is fun as fuck.
Getting back to Eric's Quote above, we put together what we have. Kyle and I over the years have s-l-o-w-l-y acquired equipment as musicians and recording nerds. We do the best with what we have. The gear is archaic, slow, stubborn, etc. And "until we figure something else out, we're sticking with what we got."
Eric and Zac give us the freedom to do what we do, we try to stay out of the bands way, and the bands can get a decent recording as a bonus for playing.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank some of the folks involved (some you may not know, have helped out tremendously):
Goner: Eric, Zac, Hoppe, and Joe T. We wouldn't really be talking about any of this without them, would we?
Hi-Tone: John, Dan, Joel, Aaron, Severin, Dan, Emily, Shawn, Patrick and others whom I can't remember. Best pizza, best people. Every single one of them care about music, Memphis, and patrons. They all know that Memphis is beyond the walls of their own club, and there are other places you could go to (and I see them at other shows often) but they try as hard as they can to make you feel at home for being a sizeable club. I've known a couple of those dudes for years and years, but John, Dan and Joel make our job soooo much easier.
Murphys: Bennie, Steve, Mouse and others whom I can't remember. Disclaimer, I've worked sound at Murphy's for years. When I was out of a job for six months, Murphys booked bands and graciously called me in often. Also, Murphy's was STAAGS!!! home-base. But that's a whole other thanks. Apart from that, craziest, yet best configuration and format for Gonerfest: inside, then outside, then back in again. Bennie let us have total control of whatever we needed, including the old vaccuum shop next door; this allowed us to switch back and forth between bands for the stream and control the recording separately from both stages. He gave us access whenever we needed it; he also paid us for doing sound (We made rent for the studio! - now we have to figure out utilities *sound-of-sad-trombone*). Also, because of Bennie, I had my funniest moment of Gonerfest while no one but him, me and some neighbor who showed up - but I'll keep that one for myself.
The Buccaneer: Charlie, Josh, Steve-o, John and others whom I can't remember. Charlie is about the friendliest dude ever, always helpful with booking and is the smilingest motherfucker around. I mean, everytime I see him. He and his bar have saved my '79 Rickenbacker 4001. Twice. They let Mangina play there for my birthday. And the place is downright cozy.
Live From Memphis: Chris, Sarah, Brad, the other Chris, Shelly, and others whom I can't remember. If it weren't for them, all nights streaming would have looked like the first night. Also, Sarah and McCoy were true life-savers for the Oh Sees. Showed up in the nick of time.
Other crew: Bruce and Ryan (stage managers), Jeremy (loaned a pick to James Aurthur's Manahunt, too), Pam, Jeanine (Merch), Quinn (provided the tunes between sets at the Murphy's outside stage), Shawna-Gally (general run-arounder), Richard Martin (Grill Chef), Don (camera and cigs) and others whom I can't remember.
Others who helped out massively:
Taper Joe: Like Sarah and McCoy from LFM, had it not been for Joe (go see him and eat at the Beauty Shop) there would have been no Oh Sees streaming. I tried for nearly 3 hours to locate, hone in on, and keep a free, wireless signal from the corner of Cooper & Young. I guess before Joe's shift, he came over to say howdy to Hyle and me. I was frantic about the lack of signal, and that the strongest one I could find was across the street, but password protected. Joe says "Hang on, let me go talk to them." Lo and behold, he returns two minutes later with the password. 5 minutes after that, the Oh Sees played. Joe also stuck around some nights to help us haul gear.
Doug from Nocturnal: Woke up EARLY to let us in to get some gear. Leaving, I wrote a song in my head about us old folk: Chorus has "Old dudes got to get up early, so the kids can rock and roll"
For now that's it. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, but I'll come back to this.
I'll also finish up my list. But I'm going to go listen to that Oh Sees set again, then going to bed. Work tomorrow! Wheeee!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 2:27 am

I remembered. Ah, yes. Thank the bands. The bands...
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 3:13 am

turn up the guitars
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 9:43 am

next year?

I vote you kill yourself.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 9:44 am

Dave Cloud=My favorite. How did I ignore that for eons? Three old friends of mine from Knoxville days now in his band too--I want all of them getting rich, I tell you.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 9:58 am | Edited by: ida slapter

I thought David Cloud was good, but I was just fucking praying that I didn't have to see his penis. And I think he needs to have some of the moles looked at on his back by a doctor.
Seemed like the crowd was more into taking photos than getting into the music (that could just be my take on it)
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 10:09 am

on top of all the great bands, food, people etc...thanks to whoever arranged for the free entrance for fest-goers to the photo exhibit at the museum.
good show, and about the only place in memphis where the AC was cranking!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:32 am | Edited by: jerryd

a little bird told me that scott rogers actually smiled during a set!

IT'S TRUE!!!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Jerry, don't forget that Bruce was standing behind Scott, and you couldn't see his (Bruce's) hands.

Music doesn't make Scrogers smile.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 12:38 pm

I thought David Cloud was good, but I was just fucking praying that I didn't have to see his penis. And I think he needs to have some of the moles looked at on his back by a doctor.
Seemed like the crowd was more into taking photos than getting into the music (that could just be my take on it)

I kind of agree with this. I was praying to not see his penis as well, haha.

I think the highlights for me were Personal and the Pizzas, Oblivians, and Guitar Wolf.

The downers were not meeting more people because of my shyness. I did however meet people from Austin including Rob Yazzie who is super fun and this girl travelling solo from Germany.

Overall great fest and I hope to go back again!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 12:41 pm

I enoyed meeting what seemed to be 1/4 of the city of Melbourne, Austrailia.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 12:50 pm

I did however meet people from Austin including Rob Yazzie who is super fun

Who didn't meet Rob? I mean I have known him for years, but I can't imagine a single person that didn't meet him Thursday night?
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Who didn't meet Rob? I mean I have known him for years, but I can't imagine a single person that didn't meet him Thursday night?

I wasn't at the fest on Thursday but I can see how everyone knows him. Well it was my first time in Memphis and at Goner so it was awesome. Many of us went solo and had a great time!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Shawna-Gally (general run-arounder)

thanks for the thanks j!
i love generally runnin around :)
and thanks goner for letting me help this year!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 2:41 pm

next year?

I vote you kill yourself.

i'll go on the big scott rogers diet. i should be dead by the end of the week.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Another great time, 6th Gonerfest for me, hopefully many more to come.

Thanks for Eric, Zac, Hoppe, Joe and everyone else involved in making Gonerfest happen every year - you guys rule!

HIGHS:
Thee Oh Sees rockin it at the gazebo.
Super Wild Horses being stunning.
Guinea Worms for being the best first band of any night and really killing it.
Personal & The Pizzas for being stupid and clever all at once and making me grin from ear to ear.
Oblivians being awesome and causing me to sweat half my body weight and ruling in general.
Menthols, Wild Thing, Outdoorsmen, Burning Sands at Murphys.
Total Control blowing minds and being intense as fuck.
UV Race proving the point that there can never be enough Aussie bands at Gonerfest.
New Bomb Turks and Guitar Wolf giving Saturday night a good seeing to.
Cheap Time and the bouncy floor at the aftershow party.
All the great DJ's for the party atmosphere, especially the guy on Thursday and Aya and Robert on Friday.
Everyone I hung out with or chatted to, old friends and new - Gina!, Cathy, Kelsey, Missy, Deb, Meghan, Stacy, UFO Dictator, Aya, Robert, Andy, Foxy, Amanda, Scott, Nick, Alisa, Robin and many more, Goner people are the best there is.
All the tasty food I consumed, especially the hush puppies (Soul Food Cafe, Hueys, Jasmine), even veggies eat well in Memphis.
PBR and Jack n Coke, I feel I need say no more.
Checker cabs arriving at Motel 6 in under 5 minutes every time.

LOWS:
The brutal heat in the early part of the week (fuck you 100 degree weather!).
Managing to miss Love Collector on Friday at the Buc.
Eric Davidson not doing his talk (what happened?).
Not enough sleep on Saturday and Sunday.
Feeling like shit on Monday.
Public transport.

Can't wait for next year!
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 3:50 pm

One more for the HIGHS: Buying shitloads of records at Goner and Shangri La.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 10:04 pm

totally bummed i missed this.
what was the special records they wuz sellin this year?
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:03 pm

4 bands on a single, ty, uv, armitage , and....?
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:05 pm

......Strapping Fieldhands.
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:27 pm | Edited by: sherman

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 11:33 pm

I wouldn't sell mine for 50 bucks!!!!.......I love the cover art.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 12:37 am

Just to reiterate what a lot of people have said...... Total Control was awesome!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 1:23 am

4 bands on a single

oh man...that looks great. I got the tattoo yo!....party!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 2:30 am

And I think he needs to have some of the moles looked at on his back by a doctor.
ahhh.. you were just too close...shoulda backed up.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 2:32 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gonerfest-7-Ty-Segall-UV-Race-Strapping-Fieldh ands -/300473851147

then Miss Anna gets all the loot!!!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 8:35 am

This was my first Gonerfest & it was a great time! Best bands for me include the Golden Boys, Wes, Oblivians, Golden Triangle, UV Race, Armitage Shanks , & Guitar Wolf! Had fun hanging with my friends and met a ton of nice people! I'm bad with names but remember faces! Did a bunch of touristy Memphis stuff like going to Graceland. Won some decent cash playing Cee-Lo. I will definitely be going to the next Gonerfest! Looking forward to seeing all the boner shorts & berets next year! Ha!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 8:42 am

And Personal & the Pizzas were better than ever! That crushed red pepper had to burn!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 11:09 am

thanks to whoever arranged for the free entrance for fest-goers to the photo exhibit at the museum.

that would be Emily, my fabulous co-worker. I think we had about 40 Goners drop by for Who Shot Rock -- glad we could blast you with our air conditioning (seriously, I've had to wear a sweater every day this summer).

thanks Eric, Zac, Hoppe & Joe T -- and everyone else involved -- for a truly amazing time. makes me happy to be living in Memphis TN! and, on a side note, I think I made up for not going out for 6 months on Friday night alone...
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 11:49 am

I didn't get to hang near as much this year as I have in the past, but really wanted to. I went to the day shows though, and had some big fun. Loved seeing the Golden Boys on Friday, and Menthols and Touch-Me-Nots on Saturday. Always love seeing Kelly and Andrew, and loved the new bass player!
I got pics from the day shows...I'll post a link if I ever get them posted.

Missed my Canadians this year, but got to see some of my favorite out-of-towners - GaryUK, AndyB, and Kelly and Andrew. Talked to a nice guy from Stuttgart...
Got to see a lot of my favorite Memphis people too. Loved hearing about Jerry(Dancing Fool)d from the man himself. Always love seeing BullyRook.

And, as always, I'm absolutely amazed by Eric, Zac, Hoppe, and Joe T.
And Robin (loved the braids, hon!) and Kyle. And the Hi-Tone, and the Buc, and Murphy's.

THANK YOU GONER, et al!!!!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 11:58 am

Oh, and Cole...did look for you both days, but it wasn't to be. Hope you had a blast.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Oh, and Cole...did look for you both days, but it wasn't to be. Hope you had a blast

Hell yeah, i did! I was almost always in front of the stage having my mind blown. I'm sorry I missed you Alisa, but like I posted before, I'm sure I'll meet everyone eventually. I'm not going anywhere, I'm in love with this shit.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 4:42 pm

HI-LITES: The Lamps, Thee Oh Sees, Golden Boys

LO-LITES: missing The Limes, photographers, blinding white backlighting at HiTone, no Eric Davidson reading
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Lamps were great, don't think they played anything off their first LP though, right?
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 5:21 pm

CHI-LITES: Stoned Out of My Mind, Oh Girl, Have You Seen Her, Living In The Footsteps Of Another Man, Just Two Teenage Kids, The Sound Of Lonely, You Got To Be The One, A Lonely Man
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Eric Davidson did do a reading on Friday but it was short. Sometime after 3 PM he read for about 30 minutes. No multimedia/slide show though.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 6:37 pm

My list is almost complete, and I will post it tonight, but this is a pretty good recap. From the only guy who ever played Box of Feelings on the radio:
http://artforspastics.blogspot.com/2010/09/afs-v-282-gonerfest-7-recap -ormf-x.html
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Eric Davidson did do a reading on Friday but it was short. Sometime after 3 PM he read for about 30 minutes. No multimedia/slide show though.

I am willing to sound like a complete asshole, but it felt like most folks in the room didn't want to hear stories about The Reatards when he never saw them or stories about Garage Shock, that he didn't attended.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 7:13 pm

ALSO: Now that my brain is (somewhat) back to normal - I forgot:

Golden Boys at the Fri day show - they somehow find that perfect balance of being completely together & almost falling apart...

John Wesley Coleman - Sat. nite show - Holy balls! So great!

UV Race - seeing them last nite reminded me of how great they sounded in Memphis... also saw Total Control too - now I'm REALLY bummed I missed them in Memphis - SO GREAT.
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 7:22 pm

My list is almost complete, and I will post it tonight

What are you doing? Writing a dissertation on Gonerfest 7?!?

Power point it tomorrow night!
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Power point it tomorrow night!

you think he won't? you would be dead wrong
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 10:22 pm

I enjoyed that blog Jack linked to. If anyone knows any other blogs that wrote about Gonerfest 7, link me.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 1:32 am

Well, my goodness. As I'm writing this, this time last week I believe
Destruction Unit was on stage. Fucking great to see Ryan again. I was
going to try to do an interview with him and others on the internet
between bands, but everytime there was a break, there was either
something else going on, or the interviewee was no where in sight. I
think I mentioned it between breaks, but Ryan and Louie are now the
only ones left who have played every single Gonerfest.
CHEERS: At the Lamplighter, Useless, Ben Lyon and Lady, Gary1234 and Zac from Australia's Pissing on the Mainframe blog (I meant to ask, but assumed the title came from LiveFastDie's song about the Goner Board, heralded in a Guitar Center video somewhere deep in the internet; there you go - I just did a less than "six degrees of separation" to Goner, but wait, I'll tie it back to LFD in a minute).
JEERS: Didn't have time to sit with them for a drink, but did flap my gums and get in some quick high-fives and see-you-tomorrows.
CHEERS: Finally meeting The Troll. Not that he's ever trying to be
helpfull, but he and I have been swapping e-mails and music for a few
years. I couldn't wait for him and his SF friends to get here.
JEERS: I hate my neighbors; I wish Troll lived next door instead.
CHEERS: KOSTA and PHEEZY pre-Gazebo. Always, always, always awesome dudes.
JEERS: @Me for not bringing them the packages I put together for them.
CHEERS: The Gazebo. That was a great idea.
JEERS: None about the Gazebo, whatsoever.
CHEERS:Getting to see Camero Werewolf was a total and awesome suprise. That guy saved our asses at the Blackout and I'll never forget him. Plus, huge fan of LiveFastDie (told you I'd do it).
JEERS: I don't even think I told him congrats on getting hitched and didn't meet his lady.
CHEERS: Cole. Welcome aboard, buddy.
JEERS: I tried to steer Alisa to Cole, but that whole physics thing of
objects separated by space and time...
CHEERS: Monty Fucking Buckles. Thanks for the shirt, man! Funny story, I'm the den leader for my kid's Webelos den. I was so frazzled even into monday night that I didn't feel like putting on the uniform for the meeting. I put on the shirt. On the way out, the wife says, "you can't wear that". I said, "Why, it's just monkeys?" She says,
"They are trying to kill each other." I said, "It's funny, it's just a
cartoon." She says, "There's dicks all over it." My kid couldn't stop
laughing. I put on the uniform.
JEERS: I hadn't seen the LAMPS since GF2. I still go back to that
video, too. Bile is so intense and unrelenting with power. Sometimes
my "walk down the office hall jam" is their version of "Rock On" when
I'm feeling frisky, like on jeans day, or something. I fucking missed
it because I was outside.
CHEERS: The weather. Walking outside the Hi Tone at night was amazing.
JEERS: The weather. Hot early in the week, and I got freaked out
unnecessarily by the rain at the Buc.
CHEERS: Meeting the keyboard dude from Aldo Nova, who played with Rainbow a little.
JEERS: Hearing Allman Bros Roadie stories.
CHEERS: Technology. We pulled it off, people who couldn't be here got to see and hear it, and we did the whole damn thing, minus the
Buccaneer (although when there was available signal and we did stream while bands
weren't on.
JEERS: Nothing makes you feel more like a toolbox than checking
message boards and texting constantly while you're actually at the
event. But it had to be done, so, fuck 'em if they hatin'.
CHEERS: My Job. Had plenty of time to be off for this with days to
spare (going camping soon!), great coffee and the work is interesting.
JEERS: My Job. Monday and Tuesday were a scrambled-brains mess. I had this awesome time and there is NO ONE I can talk to about it. I could barely concentrate. I actually told a dude in the middle of a meetng to shut up. By Wednesday, I was o.k., I think.
CHEERS: Goner for putting on the best Gonerfest yet. I think all the regulars missed Jay this year, and I think he'll be missed every year
going forward, but this was a hell of a line up y'all put together. I
say every year that "this one was my favorite so far". Well, this one
was my favorite so far.

Bands in no particular order of favorites:
The Oh Sees: First band we chose to burn to CD. I've listened to it
all week.
Armitage Shanks: I had been waiting for them since they were announced (Thanks to Troll for turning me on to them). They, and the Oblivians were the only ones I actually got to go out into the crowd and see for a little bit at the Hi Tone. Dick Scum was one of the most fomidable and gracious dudes ever.
New Bomb Turks: I'd heard 'em before, thought it was going to be
"o.k." Holy. Shit. Can't wait to get the copy. Could only watch from
the monitor in the back, but matched up to the audio, I was freaking
out.
Ty Segal: Specifically, the Hi-Tone set. FUUUUUCK. Other message boards have folks bitching about him tuning at other shows. Did. Not. Happen. Intense all the time, and played the hits. And a suprising Black Sabath cover to boot. Hate on him if you want. I'm a fan.
Golden Boys: Best set I've ever seen. Absolute pleasure.
Guinea Worms: Intense and rousing. Will look for records next shopping trip. Also, Will bought us some smokes and is a great conversationalist.
Limes: Would have been great in their original slot, but Sunday was the perfect day for them.
Touch Me Nots: I've seen them, love Andy and Kelly, own a record or two. But as I've told Oblivians, Cheater Slicks and othe non-bass
bands, as a bass player I am sorely dissapointed that they are leaving
out the most important of instruments. Their new configuration is
perfect. They had everyone's ass shaking and even drew people off the
street. Great stop/start moments, danceable hooks, songs about being a
jew, what more do you want? My only complaint was to myself for not
trying to heckle Andy with some show tunes. I'm almost certain I could
have made him stop for a second and sing along. But that's just me.

Also, cheers to Sunshine, Matt Muscle, Julien, Christopher Latsch,
Eric Davidson for the interview, the Pizza dudes, Strapping Fieldhands vs. Dave Cloud conversation in the back room, Greg and Jack, Ross and Jeff, DJ Rick (even though I never got to talk to him), Gina and Scott, Cort, Jerry, J.D. Rob Yazzie, John Wesley Coleman, James Arthur (sorry we never got that pedal working, and sorry to get all fan-boy), jarthur's other
guitar player (whom I've met before and still can't remember his name
because my brain sucks), Aaron Cobb, Dutch Hercules (I got paid! I'm finally going to get to buy a Menthols LP!) and probably 50 others I'm
forgetting to mention at this hour.

And ActionJackson: Good job, big fella.

Also, jeers to me for not meeting Claire Dactyl, not re-introducing
myself to Ayapapaya and not making an effort to meet Brace. And jeers
to me for not getting the add for the program in time to Goner. Wish
we had been in there, but that was my bad.

Lastly, Bradx: Man, we tried. I wanted so bad to get that DVD and cue
you up just before the Oblivians went on. We really tried and I wanted
that to happen. Sorry, man. Let's figure something out this March, if
the Onions are really coming down to SXSW.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 1:44 am

P.S.
I didn't even flinch when the fireworks went off this year.
Rock and Roll is dangerous sometimes, that's all there is to it.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 1:46 am

we are really going to sxsw unless an act of god stops us.

next time turn up the guitars!

also have a brand new band that did our first practice tonight...
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 1:55 am

next time turn up the guitars!
Don't worry! The recordings turned out fine. Guitars for miles and more in the mix, Can't make the stream too awesome.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 1:56 am

we are really going to sxsw unless an act of god stops us.

Y'all be sure to stop in Memphis on your way or back.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 6:42 am

absolutely.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 10:25 am

CHEERS: KOSTA and PHEEZY pre-Gazebo. Always, always, always awesome dudes

Saw them on my way out of Murphy's (bunch of strong ass rum and cokes in the middle of the day), so I forgot to add them to my "favorite people I see once a year" list.
DITTO!
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 11:20 am

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 11:48 am

Guinea Worms: Intense and rousing.

total understatement. i was absolutely bowled over by their set. it almost scared me a little.

Golden Boys: Best set I've ever seen. Absolute pleasure.

totally. along with the Oblivians and Guitar Wolf, it was the most fun I had all weekend.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 12:16 pm

Wed: Vermillion Sands
Thur: everything
Beer Bust: Love Collector
Fri: Personal & the Pizzas/Guinea Worms
Blowout: so much goodness
Sat: last three hours

Regrets: not buying more merch / wondering where to put it while i enjoyed the music
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 4:37 pm

Cheers: Robin's braids. When I met him i thought, "His day job must be as a Native American shaman.".

Jeers: Not bumming some peyote off Robin.

I tried to steer Alisa to Cole, but that whole physics thing of
objects separated by space and time...

We repel each other.
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 9:12 pm

next time in Memphis, i just wanna hang out, got to miss out on so much shit!!! missed Paynes AGAIN!! never been there yet!! SOul FIsh was the only place i eated at, I ate at YAD like 20 million times and got tired of it, buyt it was across the street from GONER so what the fuck...and thanks to mother fucking GONER for emptying out my pockets on GODDAMNED RECORDS!!!! ( but i got some good deals..Jon Wayne Texas Funeral ).
Hoppe
Zac
Eric
Joe
Jesus H Christmas!
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 5:34 pm

CHEERS: We didn't blow anything up!
JEERS: No one went home in an ambulance. Although in the US you generally go to the hospital in one, not home. Maybe it works a little differently in Great Britian.
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Cheers: Robin's braids. When I met him i thought, "His day job must be as a Native American shaman.".

True story: My "indian name" given to me literally means "little wind of the buffalo". Oh how we laughed and laughed.

Jeers: Not bumming some peyote off Robin.

True story: Peyote is awesome. Ceremonial or recreational.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®