Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / GF Roll Call?
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 4:05 pm

I know there's a "I'm excited" about Gonerfest thread, but I want a real roll call.
I'll be there some of the time. Coming from beautiful Midtown Memphis and sleepy Arlington, TN.
Hope to see all my once a year friends again.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 5:25 pm

I am planning on attending.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 6:01 pm

I was gonna go until I found out Eric was gonna be there. Fuck!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 6:36 pm

missing this one is hurting more than any other year.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 6:52 pm

What he said^
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 7:49 pm

I'll be there
I'll be the kid in the Crass tshirt
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 8:31 pm

I was gonna go until I found out Eric was gonna be there. Fuck!

I am going because Eric offered me bail money...
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 8:33 pm

Im gonna go, but it'd be a lot cooler if Dog Police was playin!!!!! damnit. Fail.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 9:39 pm

i volunteered to hand out bail money on wed and sat
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:52 pm | Edited by: Cole

I'll be leaving my small, hick town in MS to head to the big city for Gonerfest. I'll be the kid chewing Redman and wearing overalls.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 11:28 pm

Im gonna go, but it'd be a lot cooler if Dog Police was playin!!!!! damnit. Fail.

Tell me about it. They might be playing on Sunday, disguised as their "regular gig" jazz trio at Hueys. If you go and request "Are You Middle Class Enough?" constantly I'm sure you will impress on them how much Dog Police means to you.

And you will be thrown out of the restaurant.

I'm telling you, DO NOT MISS DAVE CLOUD.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 7:13 am | Edited by: Womb Raider

I really really wanna go but nobody is planning the logistics for me!

WAAAAAAH!!!
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 8:43 am

Okay, here's the plan:

Starting today, start coughing whenever you're around your co-workers.

Continue next week, maybe adding a hand to the forehead and a limp.

Tuesday before Gonerfest bite a blood capsule and then continue coughing. Parade around the office space with blood around the edge of your mouth - maybe a bloody handkerchief could be involved? - so everyone knows how sick you are. Wave your hands in the air to make sure they notice your condition. Complain loudly and often.

Next four days you recover at Gonerfest. Those computers will be fine. Pretty sure they can fix themselves by now.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 8:45 am

Get in a car and drive along I-55 North for 6 hours. Logistics planned.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 12:32 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

getting out of work should not be too hard. mostly I mean I don't know where to stay, and don't feel like dealing with that. also, I hate that drive, but I don't like having to depend on people for rides when I get there. WAAAAAAAAH!!!
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 12:45 pm

i am missing yet another GF--GF 1 will live on in my memory--because i'm training to run a half marathon on oct 2 in jacksonville, fl with my big sister and my baby sister (3 johnson women searing the asphalt) and i cannot afford 4 days of kidney kill.

Never Change? ha! change is indeed possible.

rock on.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 1:32 pm

It irritates me that he moved it, but nevertheless I'll be at the Stomp once again w/ all the other old farts. Fortunately we've got Budget Rock next month w/ the Oblivians, Reigning Sound, and Jack O so I think I'll be OK. Still, that lineup...Guitar Wolf! Damn!

Maybe someday...
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 2:27 pm

I would have driven anyone crazy enough to ride in a car with me in the midwest or Northern Tenn. It's the sleeping thing that's deterring me too, plus I'll take a lot shit at work for it.

Can I just say that my little vacation so far has sucked...the first day of it all I did was go to Walmart to buy glue, pretty dull even if it was extra strength spray kind.

Then today I tried to sell a guitar amp to some guitarshop asshole for way less than it's worth, only it farted out and has to be sent to the shop first....so I was then forced to sell a 1000 dollar guitar for 300 because it had to many custom upgrades.
Just because of an innocent banking mistake.
Fuck life....I feel like a slut.

I did get some didgits last night and then my card was rejected in front of her. And I'm on the comeback trail and I'm not going to Gonerfest 7....fuck life.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Complain loudly and often.

the majority on this board will have NO PROBLEM with that
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 4:12 pm

FUCK YOU, ARMAN...I DON"T LIKE WHAT YOU'RE TYPING!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 2:38 am

kid in the crass shirt....

meaning by sunday you'll end up at the bucc with no clothes in a blanket someone gave you and a complimentary f.u.c.h. / bucc tshirt...?

right on!
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 3:11 am

If Dog Police come thru... i will buy them HAMBURGERS at Pyrtles Chicken.
(inside joke between me an J. Hoppe)

p.s. Love Memphis Applebees!!!
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 9:33 am

getting out of work should not be too hard. mostly I mean I don't know where to stay, and don't feel like dealing with that. also, I hate that drive, but I don't like having to depend on people for rides when I get there. WAAAAAAAAH!!!

Take the train. Rent a car. It takes 5 minutes to book a hotel room on-line.

Take
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 12:25 am

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 9:24 am

we 2 Aussies are currently eating and listening thru 4 states (great food & bands in NC, SC, GA & hung out with Andre Williams 2 nites in NC) and will get the train from Nola on Tuesday nite - see ya all Wednesday ... it's gunna be a big'n !!
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 10:40 am

Me and mines will be there all the way from Kalamazoo. A few other Michiganders will be there too besides the bands.

When people find out that I'm going to Memphis to listen to music they suddenly realized that not only do I like Eric Clapton but that I love him.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 11:26 am | Edited by: arman

great food & bands..SC

OVERALL, the word "great" coupled with "food" and "bands" generally does not apply to south carolina
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 11:42 am

Hootie and the Blowfish, The Marshall Tucker Band,The Swinging Medallions, Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs, The Technicolor Void (A popular Electronica Pop band spawning from Myrtle Beach), Bedlam Hour and Crossfade also hail from the Palmetto State.
AND
South Carolina cuisine has been inspired by our unique cultural heritage, and thus includes European, African, Caribbean and American frontier influences. It's a unique and dynamic blend that adds up to one delicious discovery after another. From South Carolina BBQ and Charleston's She-Crab soup to Gullah okra gumbo to fresh caught mountain trout, food is serious business.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 1:01 pm

OVERALL, the word "great" coupled with "food" and "bands" generally does not apply to south carolina

it was more of a generaliztion for the entire trip so far and we did actually only spend one nite in SC
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm driving up from New Orleans on Thursday with Joe Pestilence.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Me and mines will be there all the way from Kalamazoo. A few other Michiganders will be there too besides the bands.
middle fingers go out to the most boring shit ride of Illinois, Rontoul, Dix, Carbondale....fail ride.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 2:09 pm

come on, carbondale's cool, stop and get a saluki's t-shirt
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I'll be there
Oakland, CA
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I'll be making the long trip across the Hernando de Soto Bridge from the mean streets of West Memphis, Arkansas.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Good news on Joe P. I am very stoked for this!
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 10:13 pm

http://www.mvd.usace.army.mil/Gis/navbook/html/mileage.htm

640 river miles from New Orleans (Canal St) to Memphis. Not sure if this is statue miles or nautical miles.

Either way, I think I could make it in 2 long days via jetski, assuming there are some fuel docks I can patronize.

Severe lack of mississippi truck stops along the way, so I would need to pack some chicken on a stick.

if anyone has a lead on a jetski, let me know.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Such a bad ass plan. No jet ski, but I do have an aluminum bass boat.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Ask Vance just did a column on this guy who made canoe shoes and walked down the Mississippi from MN to LA about 80 years ago... didn't take him too long, Chris!

as for Gonerfest, yes, I will stay up late enough to attend!
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 11:32 pm

I love Vance. Brilliant bit about the Vienna Sausage inventor being buried here a few weeks back.

Anyway, I'll probably show up.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 11:53 pm

as for Gonerfest, yes, I will stay up late enough to attend

....one of the day shows
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 2:03 am

I'm insulted and offended by non-attendee American residents. That arsehole bit of water is the only thing stopping me. Guess I could borrow my sister's boat, or freeze the ocean somehow.
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 8:45 am

640 river miles from New Orleans (Canal St) to Memphis. Not sure if this is statue miles or nautical miles.

Either way, I think I could make it in 2 long days via jetski, assuming there are some fuel docks I can patronize.

Severe lack of mississippi truck stops along the way, so I would need to pack some chicken on a stick.

Don't forget about the current. They don't call it the Mighty Mississippi for nothing.

Or you could hitch a ride in my Honda. I got room.
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm freaking out.
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm insulted and offended by non-attendee American residents

you should wire me the money, I'll go in your stead; and then the only people insulted and offended will be those attending
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Good news on Joe P. I am very stoked for this!

indeed.

call me huth.
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 7:33 am

you should wire me the money, I'll go in your stead

I'm about to head to the bank to cash in my desperate pennies. I should be able to get about 10 quid. If I can find another 500 or so, I'll get us both to Memphis.

Hopefully see you next week.
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 11:01 am

andy skwirl and our friend jan from berlin
are looking for a ride...got room?
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 4:09 pm

FUN set by the Overnight Lows at Cooper Young fest today. Lubed me up real good for gonorrhea fest next week.
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Is that that Jan guy who came to our band practice years ago?
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 12:22 am

This roll call shit was dumb the first time.
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 12:24 am

Fuck yeah! misslindas going!
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Getting stuff around to pack right now! It's gonna be a Looooooong drive!
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Misslinda licks shit off of turkey toes.
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 7:09 pm

you call your toes turkeys?
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 7:20 pm

andy skwirl and our friend jan from berlin
are looking for a ride...got room?

Yes, I got room. Despite the fact that Skwirl pretends like she doesn't know who I am.

Driving up Thursday afternoon.
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I am flying to Memphis from LA on Friday. First time in Memphis and at Goner.

-Maribel
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 8:52 pm

you call your toes turkeys?
no.

Welcome Maribel. I hope you don't meet Bruce, Scott or Cort.
They're not the proper sort.
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

but, they don't dip their toes in shit
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Welcome Maribel.

Thanks. I look forward to meeting all of you. How do I know how to identify all of you?
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 1:06 am

I'll be the guy puking in the garbage can.
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 1:11 am

Welcome Maribel. I hope you don't meet Bruce, Scott or Cort.
They're not the proper sort.

There is no good reason for any of those dudes, but worst of all is Tommy. Look for the jerk with a swell haircut and a Christmas sweater.

That's normally the Aussie's job!
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 1:15 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Also, if you need to get in touch before, try me at jack(dot)stands9(at)gmail(dot)com

Looks like my sonsabitches address is a little screwy at the moment.
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

Bruce = Dude who looks like an elephant shat on his neck
Jack = Dude with beard used to wipe asses (not just his own)
Scott = Dude w/quaggy ass
Cort = Dude who looks like a beady-eyed dog humper
Me = handsome devil that occasionally wears sweaters
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Hahaha.. I think it's easier if you guys find me.

Also, if you need to get in touch before, try me at jack(dot)stands9(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks for info. I will get in touch if I have any questions before the show.

I assume there will be plenty of guys doing that so that is not an easy identifier.
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll be there
Oakland, CA

Someone else from the West coast :)
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 10:27 am

While you're here for Gonerfest, come check out "Who Shot Rock & Roll: A Photographic History, 1955 -- Present," in its last week at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art (in Overton Park, right across the street from the Hi-Tone). The exhibition has all kinds of amazing images, from the album artwork for Black Flag's Damaged to a gigantic Jimi Hendrix lenticular print.

Wednesday is pay-what-you-can day, and we're offering Gonerfest golden ticket holders free admission Thursday thru Sunday.

And, if you're awake at 2pm on Saturday, we're screening Leonard Cohen's Songs From the Road. Admission is $6 Brooks museums/$8 nonmembers.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

in Overton Park, right across the street from the Hi-Tone

A's right. An easy thing to get to while you've got down-time, and they have AC.

Also, fair warning, our "cool-snap" appears to have ended (seems like it doe this every September), and it will be HOT this week; yesterday got up to 100, so try to stay cool when you get here, and best not to wear anything at all.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Please don't follow your own advice, beard-o.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Shut up, Sweater boy!
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I suggest wearing male cheerleader shorts like the ones Bruce gave me
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Posted: Sep 21, 2010 7:01 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

On the way down I stopped at a Flying J truck stop in Missouri and was hoping to run into Scott so we could lay waste to the bathroom but no dice. Did check out the discount novelty rack and some crucial purple dragon statues were available. Awesome Indian skull Harley bandanna Stars n Stripes secessionist rebel paraphernalia too.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Sam...yeah, same dude.
also JENS from Hamburg
who is equally if not more German
will be there as well.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Stars n Stripes secessionist rebel paraphernalia too.

EXCUSE ME?!? I believe you meant to say STARS AND BARS!!!

You aren't worthy of shitting next to me.
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 12:57 am

Also, saw old friends Gary1234 and Useless Eater. Hoppe was there. Bruce, too, but no one cares about that. Richwad was at another place. Met zac from down under and Ben the flyer maker and his lady friend. This week is gonna be great.
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 7:27 am

looks like 12 more hours till dinner and beers at lamplighter, then five days off work to see what kind of trouble i can get in.

somebody needs to have a pool party!
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 7:55 am

I'll be out Friday and Saturday nights.
I'll be wearing a sweater, assless chaps, and a spiffy new haircut.
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 8:05 am

I'll be wearing a sweater, assless chaps, and a spiffy new haircut.

I doubt your haircut will be spiffy.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®