Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Band your most excited to see at Gonerfest 7
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 10:50 pm

I've been reading and studying the new lineup that they've put up.....it's an awersome lineup.

The band I'm most excited about is a close race. It's almost The UV Race....but I think I have to go with the record that I listened to most out of these bands................John Motherfuckin Wesley Coleman
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 11:23 pm

line up this year is ridiculous. totally warrants that bad ass poster. you seen guitar wolf or the oblivians or the 'turks or thee oh sees yet or haunted george yet?
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 11:33 pm

Nope, but I'm really excited to see all of 'em. It's just that Coleman record was one of the first things I bought from Goner( they all had it on their staff recomondations page) and I spun the hell out of it. It's just weird southern rock that struck a chord with me and I'm really looking forward to hearing those songs live. I just don't have the history with those bands that someone like you has. Love 'em all though.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 6:19 am

Lamps. Still haven't seen 'em. Still won't have.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 7:59 am

Nope, but I'm really excited to see all of 'em. It's just that Coleman record was one of the first things I bought from Goner( they all had it on their staff recomondations page) and I spun the hell out of it. It's just weird southern rock that struck a chord with me and I'm really looking forward to hearing those songs live. I just don't have the history with those bands that someone like you has

i have no real history with thee oh sees. i saw them last year though! it was right after i heard "help," and i know i was late to the game with them.

j.w.c. is great, but i only know that via the golden boys and one single he did on boom chick.

fuckin guitar wolf!!!!

take some acid, cole!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 8:07 am

his solo lp's kill it joe, get on board, cole excited about too many to pick anyone out, but total control never even play in australia, uv and super wild are a given for me
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 9:56 am

STRAPPING FIELDHANDS
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:07 am

Gonna try not to cry about the fact that I can only do Wed and Thurs.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:33 am

- Parting Gifts!
- Outdoorsmen!
- LAMPS! (STILL have never seen 'em!)
- Total Control!
- UV Race! (even though I'm seeing 'em in Chicago on Friday!)
- Personal & the Pizzas! (single out by Gonerfest! Yay!)

TOTALLY bummed I'll be missing Vermillion Sands in BOTH Memphis & Chicago... our 7-inch should be out by then though!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 12:45 pm

Chiliwhack!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 1:31 pm

Chiliwhack!

Triumph
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 4:52 pm

Armitage Shanks!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 4:53 pm

and DAVE CLOUD AND HIS GOSPEL OF POWER!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 5:26 pm

Tons of 'em... actually ALL of 'em!

Right now, though, DAVE CLOUD!

Zac's getting together a playlist for folks to get a taste of some of the sleepers on the list...

STUDY IT!
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 8:30 pm

what..no MARILLION!!! ??
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 8:31 pm

No CAMEL..!!??
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Dave Cloud's gonna get naked in yer face.
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Armitage Shanks. Finally, some old white dudes that I haven't seen yet, land sakes. All the Australian and Michigan bands, natch.

Guinea Worms opening up the Friday night show is strange. Not sure if people will be properly sauced to dig on the lurch, plod, lurch. I will be. And in sweatpants.

Saturday's lineup is 50% my personal playlist of the past 15 years. Boners.

GF8 prediction: Cosmic Psychos, F.U.2, Jesus Lizard, Head, Happy Flowers. I die happy.
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 11:45 pm

I've been checking out Dave Cloud......fascinating. This guy is out there...can't wait to see him.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 12:36 am

Armitage Shanks, Haunted George, and Guitar Wolf. Amazing line up all weekend long. The Golden Pass is a real bargain.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 11:34 am

John Motherfuckin Wesley Coleman

Cole, you should buy everything by the Golden Boys if you haven't already.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 2:24 pm

GF8 prediction: Cosmic Psychos, F.U.2, Jesus Lizard, Head, Happy Flowers. I die happy.
T-Model Ford, Eddy Current again! 68 Comeback, Bantam Rooster....
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Ya mothers! Whatta line-up!

Joe T, you will LOVE the 'Shanks and Dave Cloud.

Kev, who I play with in The Stripchords, is in the 'Shanks. Be good to him, Dick Scum and Mr Ian 'Vic Templar' Greensmith, would ya?

Dave Cloud is super-intense and a lovely man, to boot.

Dee-gaw, wish I could be there!
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Cole, you should buy everything by the Golden Boys if you haven't already.

Yeah, I need to. I really haven't checked them out. I get to seem 'em at Gonerfest though!
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 5:49 pm

GOLDEN BOYS RULE!

john wesley coleman IS a golden boy!
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Cole, you have about a week to get prepped. I suggest you rush order this:
http://www.goner-records.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa th=9&products_id=1795
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:12 pm | Edited by: bruce

or, if your only getting golden boys solo albums you could go for this
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Dave Cloud is super-intense and a lovely man, to boot.

I've seen him more times than I can remember and he's always awesome. People are not prepared for him.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

I only saw him once, and it is still in my top 5 of shows last year.
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 12:14 am

I only saw him once, and it is still in my top 5 of shows last year.

Far and away the best show I saw that night!
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Not going to Gonerfest but I really hope that somebody takes some high quality footage of Guitar Wolf's first U.S. performance since 2005(!?).
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 9:44 pm

New Bomb Turks
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Sampler is nice! New Wesley Coleman is geat!
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Strapping Fieldhands and New Bomb Turks!
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 10:22 pm

I am looking forward to seeing Guitar Wolf, headliner for a reason, and Personal and the Pizzas.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 2:40 am

Strapping Fieldhands and New Bomb Turks!

arrrrrrrrrgh i am still so mad i have to miss this because of these two bands right here. never have seen them. booooo.
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 3:15 am

porch honkees reunion
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®