Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Street People Wearing Your Band's T-shirts
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Anybody ever see any random street people wearing your band's t-shirts?

Mangina once left a box of t-shirts in Mobile at some asshead's house, don't imagine any of the mall punks ended up walking round the bay area wearing "Power of Dick Weed" t-shirts.
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 5:20 pm

I left a Poontwang (from that other bay area) shirt on top of my car one evening. Next day I saw some neighborhood kid wearing it. I didn't say nothin' cuz it was just too weird, like the twilight zone and shit!
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 5:51 pm

I used to see kids at the mall wearing chinese millionaires t-shirts occasionally about 10 years ago. Our bass player was (is) a high school math teacher and his students used to show up at any in-town all ages show and buy up all of the merch.
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 5:55 pm

When we had the t-shirt printing business, we would do test shirts for prints & whatnot... the shirts would build up in a box & then we'd throw 'em out eventually... one day I was passing the alley that went behind our loft & saw a homeless guy wearing a Goner tee shirt... pretty awesome.
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Saw a random black woman with a blue Tirefire shirt. I almost wrecked my van cuz I was laughing so hard.
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

no, BUT i saw a dance club use the same image that the hamicks used for a t-shirt one time. it was from a book called "STRANGE STORIES AND AMAZING FACTS" and was a black and white image of 5 dudes in 60s skinny tie suits wearing these goggles attached to handheld "probes" so they could see. pretty rad.
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 9:41 pm

I see guys in MOTO shirts all the time.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 1:10 am

I'm not in a band but I organized a great gig with 5 bands for my 50th birthday - quite a few friends put in and they got some killer T-Shirts printed as souvenirs of the show which they sold at the gig - I got the proceeds toward paying the bands - and I still see people wearing them to shows here and there two years later
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 3:17 am

I always see crackheads wearing "The Makers" t shirts..remember that shitty band??
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 10:15 am

Yes, going back to the late 80's. I had a out of town friend who used to give me shirts from his band, I ended up with 3-4. I had a garage sale and we sold em. Flash forward a couple of years and friend is visiting. We go to the local taqueria and there are three hispanic gentlemen wearing his band's shirts.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 2:03 pm

my band is made up of street people

we are street rock

unfortunately this means we can't afford t-shirts
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 2:08 pm

so you wear other bands tshirts?
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Mangina once left a box of t-shirts in Mobile at some asshead's house, don't imagine any of the mall punks ended up walking round the bay area wearing "Power of Dick Weed" t-shirts.

Was that the show with Kajun SS and Die Rotzz. When you guys fucked up the living room and the fight.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Was that the show with Kajun SS and Die Rotzz. When you guys fucked up the living room and the fight.

Yeah, you were there. In that fucked up white ghetto subdivision. And Gary Loverde's girlfriend just sat in the car the whole time. That guy went to his trunk to get a tire iron to kick someone's ass or something. That ruled.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 3:39 pm

how did you fuck up the living room? how did you fuck up the fight?
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 3:43 pm

so you wear other bands tshirts?

we get other bands logos henna'd on our bare chests...not bare backs though that's just gross and leads to diseases
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 4:24 pm

how did you fuck up the living room?

This was not the show in Mobile where I put my hand through some dude's living room window. I thought we just threw a bunch of beer everywhere.

unfortunately, I fucked up the fight by not fighting the guy with the tire iron.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 4:55 pm

you should have come at him with some daytons
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm

I remember hearing about this when it happened:

07/23/99
On the morning of July 22nd, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion tour van was broken into in the loading dock of The Sheraton in Vancouver, Canada. The window was smashed and a mess of gear was stolen, including mics, amps, rack equipment, and Jon's very rare 1962 theremin. Also taken were several tour shirts, one of which was discovered later on a local homeless man.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 6:51 pm

not sure if i count as "street people" or not.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mangina is so famous everyone is wearing their shirts!!
Relapse Records is knockin down the door!
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 10:37 pm

is relapse a record store?
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:12 pm

I've seen a lot of people wearing our shirts, but not street people.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Are you in Built to Spill or Minus the Bear?
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 2:02 pm

I always see crackheads wearing "The Makers" t shirts..remember that shitty band??

Ha!
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 7:05 pm

I saw a homeless guy in NYC once wearing an Action Swingers t-shirt, but it might have been Ned....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®