Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I'm excited about Gonerfest.
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Well, I am.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:10 am

Yes! I'm so excited.! I'm a family guy, like Peter Griffin. I don't get out alot. But I have cleared that weekend and bought a golden pass.

So many bands that I can't wait to see. UV Race, Wesley Coleman, Oblivians, New Bomb Turks, Super Wild Horses, and a bunch of others.

It's going to be awesome. I feel like I'm going to the Rock and Roll mecca.

No awesome light show, no explosions, just great bands playing great music, for the people that really get it. Counting the days.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:15 am

no explosions

This is your first gonerfest, then? Looking forward to meeting you, man.

I was at the office today, and I probably slacked for more than an hour getting giddy about it. Crazy logistics and some bands I really, really love. Can't wait for Armitage Shanks. Also, a lot of people coming in to town that I'll be excited to see again.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:34 am

This is your first gonerfest, then?

Yeah, it is. Pretty much every show I've ever been to has been some arena thing. I just didn't know any better. I've been to clubs and shit but It's always some cover band or redneck DJ,

I had my first experience with this world when I went to the Tanlines, Magic Kids, Davilla 666 show Jan 1st. It blew me away.

Gonerfest is going to rock my world. I hope I meet you and a bunch of other people from this board. I'll be the guy pissing in his pants because I'm so excited.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:37 am

Well, you got to go somewhere, and the bathroom lines can get pretty figgin' long sometimes. By day 3, no one can smell the difference.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 9:02 am

Trying to make it, maybe not.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:52 pm

no explosions,

new for gonerfest- EXPLOSIONS!!! AND A DUNK TANK!!!

I'll be the guy pissing in his pants because i'll be drunk.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Eggcited. Driving down on Tuesday and driving back on Sunday. Oh boy.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I'll be the guy pissing in his pants
Well, you got to go somewhere, and the bathroom lines can get pretty figgin' long
AND A DUNK TANK!!!

dual purpose

another problem created by Mark Beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 1:34 pm

The Tire Fire gunpowder fiasco from last year was retarded.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 1:53 pm

I think there's been some form of fireworks every year.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Each one has been great in it's own way, and seemingly better than the last. Like I said, I'm pretty excited about this one, though.

Questions:
1. Eel Pool?
2. Shirt Airbrush and shady lawyer advice?

Lest we forget, a play-by-play at GF3 from Mr. Martel
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 4:04 pm

2. Shirt Airbrush and shady lawyer advice?

No and yes!!!
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I had no idea that pants pissing was such an acceptable practice at Gonerfest! Even more excited!
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 7:24 pm | Edited by: Janderass

Won't matter because your pants will be soaked regardless.

Unfortunately I can't be attending (again). Enjoy, and drink lots of water.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 8:08 pm

build up your liver powers people!
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 9:45 pm

I lost my bottle of Milk Thistle. Gonna need some Armstrong transfusions. Liver strong. Let the nurses at the school by the Hi-Tone filter our filthy blood. Can Heather make this an undergrad test for them?
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 11:25 pm

think there's been some form of fireworks every year.

Hey, yeah, On the Gonerfest 4 dvd your band, The Staggs, had some fireworks action going on. That's cool. I was just referring to the overblown arena shows where it all kind of gets stupid and not in a good way.
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 1:10 am

Whoever said they were looking forward to Armitage Shanks, I saw them last summer knowing nothing about them and thought they were a great live act, so you'll enjoy them.

Gonerfest is on my list of festivals I want to hit as soon as possible. The timing is bad for the student population though, so I'm out for the next 3 years. Gonerfest 2013 though baby. GONERFEST 2013
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Im gonna re-penis the Cooper Toad antique shop!
Posted: Aug 16, 2010 12:48 am

Hey Nanne suck on it.

Black is the night, metal we fight
Power amps set to explode
Energy screams, magic and dreams
Satan records their first note.
We chime the bell, chaos and hell
Metal for maniacs pure.
Fast melting steel, fortune on wheels
Brain hemmorage is the cure

For
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
Lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll

Freaking so wild, nobody's mild
Giving it all that you've got.
Wild is so right, metal tonight
Faster than over the top.
Open the core enter hells door
Black is the code for tonight
Atomic force, feel no remorse
Crank up the amps now it's night

BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll
metal ten fold through the deadly black hole
riding hells stallions bareback and free
Taking our chances with raw energy

Come ride the night with us
Rock hard and fight
United my legions we stand
Freak hard and wild for us
Give up your souls
Live for the quest satan's band
Let's go

Against the odds, black metal gods
Fight to achieve our goal
Casting a spell, leather and hell
Black metal gods rock `n' roll
Building up steam, nuclear screams
Warheads are ready to fight
Black leather hounds, faster than sound
Metal our purpose in life.

BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
Lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll
BLACK METAL
Posted: Aug 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Eel pool - Yes
Airbrush and shady lawyer - Yes
Re-penis the Cooper Toad - Yes
Cupid Shuffle at the Circle K - Yes
My Canadians - Yes, Yes, Yes!

Just a few things I want to happen again that I can remember. I'm really sad the Artisan is gone, though.
I'll be pretty happy to see all y'all that I see once a year. I want a roll call!

And Cole...pace yourself...that's all I got to say if you're a family man and all.
HAHA!
Posted: Aug 16, 2010 4:27 pm | Edited by: Cole

And Cole...pace yourself...that's all I got to say if you're a family man and all.
HAHA!

I'll come home, drunk, smelling of piss and beer, looking homeless and then confront my wife and kids and say, " Sorry guys, Personal and the Pizzas need a roadie."
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 2:39 am

Memphis is my vacation paradise!
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Just had a vivid dream that Paul (yup, only Paul) from KISS was going to be signing autographs at Goner Fest! Let's make this happen.
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 3:52 pm

And Cole...pace yourself...that's all I got to say if you're a family man and all
no, start pre-gaming now.
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Two words --- BRETT MICHAELS
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 5:09 pm

no, start pre-gaming now.

Is there some training regimen I should be on? I'm willing to do this. I don't want to be the asshole passed out in the corner when the third band starts their set.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 10:24 am

I don't want to be the asshole passed out in the corner when the third band starts their set.

Well, you won't be the first asshole that's ever happened to.
Cept usually I'm passed out by about 8 p.m. - nevermind the third band!
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 2:29 pm | Edited by: jahna

Wish I could go... but I have a new schedule at the school (full time! yay!) so I can't take time off, and I can't afford it anyway.

NJ has Elvis lottery scratch cards, so during Elvis death week, I bought a pair in hopes I'd get the $ to go to Memphis. No dice. Just won my $2 back.
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 7:44 pm

I am also excited, but will continue to complain that it shouldn't cost as much to get to Memphis as it does to fly to Europe.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Significant other scored a one way ticket from Kzooo to Memphis for $205. Like she can't get a tank of oxygen and a mask and ride a Fed Ex plane for $50. Fuckers.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 4:10 am

I hear theres a way to take the Mississip' via hover craft to Mephiss...via Lake Michigan via Chicago waterways via a Kia...
(i'm thinkiing...)
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 4:11 am

Oh yea I cant wait to get to Memphis for GF7 just to eat at Topps, then go home.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 2:21 pm

I am thinking about going solo.. I figured out that once I am drunk I can befriend anyone. Hopefully I can work it out and be there cuz it would be exciting.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 2:47 pm

am thinking about going solo

I pretty much am as well. I don't care. I figure maybe I'll meet some people from the board or your plan sounds good as well, just get mildly drunk and make friends with fellow drunks. My wife said she'd go, and that's cool of her, but she wouldn't enjoy herself I don't think.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I pretty much am as well. I don't care. I figure maybe I'll meet some people from the board or your plan sounds good as well, just get mildly drunk and make friends with fellow drunks. My wife said she'd go, and that's cool of her, but she wouldn't enjoy herself I don't think.

Ha... Glad to not be the only loner. I am new to the board so I thought I could maybe network a little as a preparaton regime.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Honestly dude, while alot of these guys and gals have been friends for years,( their the ones constantly calling each other faggots and hippies and making fun of certain people for wearing sweaters and being pretentious douchbags...all to hilarious effect) this is not a scene full of assholes. everyone seems super cool. I went to a Davilla 666 show at the hi-tone and had a great time. Conversations are easy to start, just talk about music or make fun of Tommy Trouble, you'll fit right in.(Tommy's a really cool dude as well.)
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Conversations are easy to start, just talk about music or play a little grab ass and make out.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Conversations are easy to start, just talk about music or play a little grab ass and make out.

Hahahaha.. it all seems very duable. I am looking forward to the great bands and meeting new people.

Where are you guys travelling from?
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Just don't drink from Scott's whiskey flask and you'll be okay.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 7:31 pm

1.I will not accept drinks from strangers unless they come directly from the bar- check
2. Be sure to talk about music-check
3.Prepare my liver-check
4.Grab a few asses and make out- to be determined
I think I've gain a lot of knowledge as to how to prepare in a short period of time...
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 8:23 pm | Edited by: Janderass

Any upgrades/new technology/interactive features planned for this year's RSA live feed?
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Any upgrades/new technology/interactive features planned for this year's RSA live feed?

Smell will be added to the stream.
Also, Jack Stands will be operating a glory hole at the Murphy's day show.
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 12:01 am

GonerFest needs ONE TRACK LOVER
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 8:46 am

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 1:24 am

This is your first gonerfest, then? Looking forward to meeting you, man.

My first one too! 1st time in memphis was last summer for gories/oblivians. didn't know nothing about goner. didn't know nothing about memphis. I love em both now!

The timing is bad for the student population though, so I'm out for the next 3 years. Gonerfest 2013 though baby. GONERFEST 2013

hey, just skip class. I'm spending my scholarship $ to get there! school's no fun! fuck history class! I'm telling my teacher that I'm attending some buddhist festival. the perks of being asian.

no explosions
guitar wolf!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 8:58 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

I missed the boat on this one. I'll be at home alone with my nudey pics.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm telling my teacher that I'm attending some buddhist festival. the perks of being asian.

That's slick.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:33 pm

Tutwiler
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Tutwiler

Faxon

In exactly 20 days and 23 hours, I begin my week-long vacation.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm

I know man! It's getting really close. I'm ready to cut loose a little, this summer has been a bitch.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 10:22 pm

The Tire Fire gunpowder fiasco from last year was retarded.

Thanks.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 10:44 pm

two bad it's not next week.....I may come down to Memphis anyway, anyone want to go next week?
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 7:14 am

Doing it!
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 7:20 am

Getting my scheduling squared. Which night is Flourescent Butt Jamz headlining?
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:23 pm

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 6:59 pm

argh. so jealous. i can't go again this year due to derby stuff. next year, tournaments or not, i am going. *shakes fist in air*
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 3:39 pm

Has anyone ever taken a MegaBus? That will likely be my method of transportation.
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 6:52 pm

we're flyin out of Oz tomorrow..... yip farkin yar !
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 9:49 pm

argh. so jealous. i can't go again this year due to derby stuff.

maybe you should rethink that...

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/09/mobile_ala_woman_accused_of_se.html
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 10:28 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

Has anyone ever taken a MegaBus?

Well I've ridden alot of Greyhound, after the first 6 hours you give up your will to live and everything is hunky dory.

It may take you 16 hours to get to a town 6 hours away by car, but it's worth it in many ways.

I would be in Memphis right now but apparently I haven't established whatever bond of trust is necessary to have a secure floor to sleep on. People are welcome to sleep on my floor whenever they want...I even have wall to wall shag carpet and temperpedic pillows.
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 12:38 pm

megabus isn't that bad. i take one back and forth between memphis and chicago quite often. it has wifi and as long as you're going overnight, you can just knock yourself out with benedryl or ambien and sleep the whole damn way. the day trips tend to be slightly more crowded and annoying. for the price though, it's hard to beat. just book it well enough in advance though because if you wait til 2 or 3 days before, you may not get a ticket because once they fill up the one bus, they don't charter another bus for that day.

ida - i know, i saw that. sucks. i'm going to eastern regionals as an official. hopefully no one will try to pipe bomb the place. :P
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 1:54 pm

hopefully no one will try to pipe bomb the place

well, by her overall incompetency, no one has ANYTHING to worry about.
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 3:26 pm

i'm going to eastern regionals as an official. hopefully no one will try to pipe bomb the place. :P

Everyone knows that westerns is the *new* regionals.
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 12:44 am

Everyone knows that westerns is the *new* regionals.

heh. yeah. i was going to be at that one too, but unfortunately this new having a job thing is all up in the way of that. boooooo. :P
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 1:06 am

megabus isn't that bad.

Thanks so much for the feedback. The plan is to fly to Memphis and then get a bus from Memphis to Chicago.

I will definitely book the overnight in advance.
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 2:36 pm

I really wish I was going this year, but I just can't swing it right now. Love seein' Turks out of town & would love to see Guinea Worms response.

I've even bailed on a trip to Detroit to see Louis CK & I wouldn't even have to spend the night for that.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®