Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I think I want a trumpet
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:51 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Never had one. Or any brass instrument, for that matter. Will probably go to a pawn shop or a used school instrument dealer in town. Are they all in B flat? Are they hard to play/figure out?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 12:10 am

can you blow?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 12:14 am

You're gonna pass out!
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 1:03 am

no comment about a butt trumpet yet?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 7:58 am

trumpets rule! i have one. i even know how to play it!

they're pretty much all in b flat, and not hard to figure out. getting your lips toned up is the hardest part. you have to play every day or they'll never be firm enough to get a tone from your horn.

don't forget to learn "turkey in the straw!"
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:39 am

Joe, is that how come you know so much about jazz?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:45 am

he's into Jazzercise --- you gotta problem with that???!
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:45 am

i know a lot less than some people here.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:47 am

i'm actually into mousercise.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:22 am

Well yeah, no matter how much you know, there's always someone on here who either lived it or just knows more. Even if they don't post.

But you know as much about world musics as you do rocknroll...most of us weren't aware that you play trumpet.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:31 am

REVEILLE!
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 12:31 pm

I have a bugle...I like to play it at 3am when I'm wasted....Fun to wake up the neighbors.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 2:39 pm

they're pretty much all in b flat, and not hard to figure out. getting your lips toned up is the hardest part. you have to play every day or they'll never be firm enough to get a tone from your horn.
Thanks, man. That helps.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 2:44 pm

I see a lot of student models on the local craigslist go for as low as $40. Maybe a nice place to start?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 3:21 pm

You'll have an aneurysm...or a stroke. Go for it!
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 3:28 pm

There are going to be a lot of excess vuvuzelas around after Sunday. Just have one of your South African pen-pals go dumpster diving for you.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 6:13 pm

good plan.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 8:58 pm

Trumpets are obnoxious. "BLAAATTTT!!" "BLAAARRRTT!!" "BLOOOTT!!!" but if you feel you must, Memphis public library will have a beginners teach yourself video, books and such. Also, try to borrow one for a few weeks from someone before you buy if ya can, just to see if it is worth it.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:06 pm

Don't ask to borrow mine.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:02 pm

Don't ask to borrow mine.

But I'm sure he'll let you blow him.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 9:43 am

Well his embouchure could use a little work.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:03 am

You're an embouchure.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 8:27 pm

You'll have an aneurysm...or a stroke. Go for it!

I guess that's why NO ONE plays the trumpet.

Louis Armstrong , Randy Brecker, Wynton Marsalis, Maynard Ferguson, James Stamp, Rafael Mendez, Thomas Stevens, Phil Smith, Adolf Herseth, Miles Davis, Lee Morgan, Freddie Hubbard, Clifford Brown, Dizzy Gillespie
Terrell Stafford, Wayne Bergeron, Adam Rapa, Chris Martin, Joe Burgstaller, David Hickman, Manny Laureano, Allen Vizzutti, Vincent Dimartino, Matt Muckey, Ruben Simeo, Sergei Nakariokov....Yada Yada Yada....

You made your point. Jack, be careful.
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 12:06 am

I tried playing trumpet in, oh, fourth grade.
Don't misinterpret the following
It was hard on the lips. I didn't have the stamina. Blowing into the mouthpiece left me numb and bored. I practiced in the basement, so my whole family heard my struggles. I quit because I wasn't any good.
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Totally hot, Wire.

Here's the thing.
Sometimes you get a song in your head. You don't need a fucking Miles Davis, you just need a "BWAMP" in tune, in the right places.
That's what I want to do, when I need it.
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 12:26 am | Edited by: Tommy Trouble

Jack, I think you really just want a cock.

I'd recommend Bruce, but he has a vagina.
Apparently, his lips' embouchure is a bit lacking. More like slabs of roast beef fluttering in the wind.

Apparently, (according to Cort) Scott also has a mighty vapid pussy; so no luck feeling around there for a horn.

Blowing on Justice's horn might suit you best. Joe says it reminds him of the good old days strutting around in a shako and dreaming of going long for the quarterback.

I relish the opportunity to hear you play your trumpet, Dork-face.
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 10:38 am

There's just no off switch on that super gay brain of yours is there? Tommy Trouble's Constant Gay Fantasy. There's your next band.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®