Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Kobayashi Arrested at New York Eating Contest
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 11:27 am

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 12:38 pm

Way to treat the guy who put the nathan's contest on the map.. not to mention the whole "league" that "governs" competitive eating events. which is actually just a marketing company. makes me wonder where these guys would be without kobayashi.

the nathan's contest sucked this year.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 1:16 pm

Whatever. Competitive eating is so 2002.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 1:24 pm

"Let him eat."
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 4:32 pm

kobayashi has lawyers too, its not like david vs goliath here, he had the opportunity to come to an agreement and compete and chose not to, he dropped out. then he shows up uninvited and expects to compete? gimme a break. it was stupid, he never signed a contract, he deserved to have his ass kicked off the stage. little gook took a swing at an officer, hell goners have decided a black teenager pushing a cop deserved to be punched in the face, so i assume kobayashi punching a cop deserved to have his ass beat down. anyways, chestnut beat his ass easily the last four years. kobayashi is a sore loser whose time has passed so now instead of competing he just makes a spectacle of himself and assaults police officers. what a loser.

"Everyone in the crowd kept chanting 'let him eat, let him eat'. So I jumped onto the stage to prove that I am still the champ, but I was arrested."

sorry gook, you aint been the champ since 2006. chestnut beat him in 2007, 2008, 2009, and would have beat him again so kobayashi decided instead on this ridiculous publicity stunt.

i dont care who the "league" is that covers these events, if he wanted to compete he should have signed a contract. if he didnt want to compete then he shouldve stayed off the fucking stage.

"What I saw was not criminal but desperation," said MLE Executive Director George Shea. "He doesn't want to be a Major League Eater and then he shows up here? Why?"

he pulled this shit because its the only thing he can do, chestnut beat him again and again and again, seeing kobayashi lose again wouldnt get him nearly the publicity this stunt did.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 4:46 pm

I'm convinced that this whole kobayashi drama/contract dispute/arrest incident was orchestrated by the shea brothers to hype the contest. With kobayashi not having any chance to dethrone chestnut ever, they need a way to generate interest and increase the spectacle. those guys are marketing geniuses. they got hot dog eating on espn for chrissake. I look forward to what they will cook up for next year.

gotta love this quote from kobayashi's attorney: "He was protesting the restrictions of his contract," Romano said, according to the report. "He jumped on the stage in response to people telling him to eat. All he wanted to do was eat quickly and publicly."

!

this shit is way better than farvewatch. or baseball.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 4:54 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

he pulled this shit because its the only thing he can do, chestnut beat him again and again and again, seeing kobayashi lose again wouldnt get him nearly the publicity this stunt did.

yeah, but it's publicity for the eating contest too and it kind of deflects the attention away from the fact that the contest sucked and there was no real competition. trust me, the Shea brothers are like Vince McMahon wannabees, all they give a shit about is publicity and I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was all a big hoax.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 4:55 pm

oops, jason beat me to it.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 6:13 pm

i thought that, too, setting the stage for next year. Could be good.

All he wanted to do was eat quickly and publicly.

nice.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 6:20 pm

Competitive shitting -how much longer must we wait?!
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 6:30 pm

He's wearing a "free kobi" shirt when he showed up knowing thats what the cameras would focus on when he walked out of jail.

Total publicity stunt.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 9:55 pm

'who cares' should be the headline
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 9:58 pm

hey...girls....its a jap....eating food....go back to posting on message bo......oops. sorry.
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 5:18 am

I didn't read all the words. So what did he arrested for? Attempted rape?
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 6:06 am

[O]ne-time hot dog champ Takeru Kobayashi walked out of court Monday declaring, "I'm hungry!"

fuck yes!
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 9:51 am

[O]ne-time hot dog champ Takeru Kobayashi walked out of court Monday declaring, "I'm hungry!"
hungry for press
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 10:21 am

lolz
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 10:27 am

I smell C.I.A.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 12:37 pm

Joey Chestnut may have Kobayashi's number, but I still think he needs the competition. I'll bet he would have eaten a lot more than 54 dogs if Kobayashi was next to him.

Both of my favorite Fourth of July events kinda sucked this year. Chestnut needs Kobayashi the way Nadal needs Federer.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®