Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Little Rock/North Little Rock
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 9:24 am

Does it suck as bad as I imagine? Is there any kind of scene there of any kind?

My post-graduation job search has led me to a position that I will most likely get (but might not take) that has openings in Little Rock/NLR and Detroit. I just really hate the cold, and generally prefer the South, but I can't imagine Little Rock is a very cool place. Cleveland, Milwaukee, Miami and/or San Antonio may also be options (but are not definites like LR or Detroit), but like I said, I hate the cold, and nothing has ever drawn me to San Antonio for any reason, although I've never been there...and I just assume Miami sucks.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:23 am

There's a job opening in Detroit? Whoa. I guess the economy is coming back.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm

If you hate cold weather looks like San Antonio is your only option. Little Rock is the worst.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 4:47 pm

I like Little Rock but I only go there to visit my folks twice a year or so. The rocknroll scene doesnt seem to exist (it looks like Jack O and John Paul Keith play the Whitewater Tavern a few times a year - otherwise no rock action that I know of) If you dig live Blues its happening. Memphis is just over 2 hours away. There are some real good eats there (Catfish & BBQ mainly)
One decent record store - Arkansas Record Exchange. actually that store pisses me off - after digging thru crates for a few hours the owner looked everything up on popsike and wanted to charge outrageous ebay prices - so basically it was like i provided him a free service of finding his hidden gems. i don't mind paying a fair price - but not popsike high dollar on records i just dug hours for. ha, otherwise it's a decent store for used vinyl.

note that this post is coming from someone who moved away from arkansas over 20 years ago and spends about 2 weeks a year in LR
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 6:20 pm

San Antonio is pretty cool, actually one of the biggest cities in the US, population wise....Austin an hour away....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®