Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / 2010 Fifa World Cup
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm going to follow this closely this year.

I'm interested. I've learned the rules and even bought the 360 game ( I'm dominating my kids).

It's usually hard for me to get excited about a sport that the US doesn't do that well in, but can 3 billion people be wrong?

I'm pulling for the US, of coarse, but I think Spain after that. I don't normally pull for the favorites, but what the hell.

Anyone else interested?
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm watching every game.
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 8:54 pm

but can 3 billion people be wrong

yes, they can.
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 8:58 pm

Jerry, you're goofy.
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 9:22 pm

I'll be watching it...a lot
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 10:03 pm

Any of you guys got any insights? This will be the first time I've really paid attention.
Any classic rivalrys?
What players or teams are really worth watching?
Any underdogs that have a really good chance to shake things up?
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 10:59 pm

The Netherlands always play the greatest games but they always fuck it up in the half or even the quarter finals. Yesterday they beat Ghana, a finalist of the African Cup, with 4-1 in a friendly match.
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 11:44 pm

Netherlands are looking GREAT!! Can't wait to watch them!! I think they'll go far this year.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 8:35 am

Ghana, a finalist of the African Cup

They're not ghana win!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 11:19 am

love it!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 12:05 pm

I always root for the African teams, and this year they're finally playing on their own continent.

Go Black Stars!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 3:11 pm

Hey Eric, how about a World Cup pool like the college basketball one?

They've got a bracket predictor set up at ESPN.
http://games.espn.go.com/bpredictor/en-us/frontpage
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 3:13 pm

The Netherlands always play the greatest games but they always fuck it up in the half or even the quarter finals. Yesterday they beat Ghana, a finalist of the African Cup, with 4-1 in a friendly match.

Why do Dutch players change the spellings of their names when they play in places like England? You know, like Dirk Kuijt changed to Kuyt.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 4:30 pm

Dunno, do they only change the "ij" like in van Nistelrooij / van Nistelrooy? I guess it makes it easier for English speakers to pronounce the names. In Dutch the "ij" and "Y" are kind of interchangable.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 4:46 pm

Any classic rivalrys?

England/Germany and Argentina/Brazil are both incredible rivalries.

I'm really pulling for the Netherlands or an African country (hopefully, the Green Eagles!) to win their first World Cup. It's their time.

I will be sick if Italy, Germany or Brazil win it.

I'll be thrilled if the US makes it to the semis or beyond, but I don't see that happening. Honestly, the US is sometimes a little tough to cheer for. It's slowly changing, but our national side has been made up of spoiled, overprivileged types. Granted, most other countries' teams are made up of millionaires, but most of them went from ashy to classy. A lot of our guys have been silver spoon kids (think: opposite of the NBA), especially some of our past teams. Soccer is starting to become a more universal game, so I think that's changing.

The US also rarely plays very exciting, flowing soccer like the Netherlands, (sometimes) France, Brazil or some of the African countries. Despite all that, I'll still be screaming at the television during all of their games.

As for first-round matchups, I'm really looking forward to the Argentina/Nigeria game and the US/England game. The Argentina/Nigeria game should be a speedy, attacking game. The US/England game should make up for a lack of exciting soccer with intensity, especially on the US side. The Netherlands/Cameroon and France/Mexico games have potential too.

9 more days!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 5:18 pm

Dunno, do they only change the "ij" like in van Nistelrooij / van Nistelrooy? I guess it makes it easier for English speakers to pronounce the names. In Dutch the "ij" and "Y" are kind of interchangable.

That must be it - Cruyff/Cruijff. I remember an interview with Dirk Kuyt after he signed for Liverpool where he described two completely different ways of pronouncing it and he didn't seem to care which way people pronounced it even though one was right and one was horribly wrong.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 5:28 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey Eric, how about a World Cup pool like the college basketball one?

They are doing this at Finn McCool's. Winner gets a $50 bar tab. No fee to enter!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:00 pm

Our best athletes (in general) are not playing soccer. Lebron would make a pretty killer striker. Kobe can probably play (his part in the Nike ad is funny), but why play soccer when you can make bank in basketball?

Nothing for Spain, Trip? They are going to be very, very good.

re: Hey Eric, how about a World Cup pool like the college basketball one?

Sounds like fun... even if the rules are a bit screwy.

Started a new thread for this here!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:01 pm

Where's the Finn McCool's group? I need a $50 bar tab over there!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 8:39 pm

Nothing for Spain, Trip? They are going to be very, very good.

Yeah, they have so much talent. Spain are such underachievers in big games in the World Cup, though. I just have a hard time seeing them breaking that. Maybe other than baseball, I think soccer is probably the sport most tied to history. International teams almost always seem so bound/weighed down by their historical roles (England=massively high expectations, huge disappointment, Netherlands= beautiful play, then let down against a lesser team, Italy= negative play and look like shit early, then win the whole thing...).

Spain started the group stage like gangbusters in 2006 and I really thought they had a good shot at winning. Then, they crashed out in the knockout stage. I think this year's squad may be one of their best teams ever with a pretty great mix of veterans and young guys, so they may do it. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the pressure of being the favorites.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 9:33 pm

The Reds are playing the Cardinals tonight if anybody's interested.

In America.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:02 pm

Where's the Finn McCool's group? I need a $50 bar tab over there!

It's called "Finn McCool's Irish Pub"

Everyone feel free to create an entry, and if you happen to win, I will collect your bartab. you will get 50% off your next entry into the goner records world cup tournament contest, in 2014.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:09 pm

Jerry, I love baseball too.

You know you've seen me wear some Royals shit (not that you could really consider KC's team baseball for the last few years).

Try not to be such a troglodyte.
Go Wizards!! Royals!! Chiefs!! KU!!! USMNT!!!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 11:02 pm

Try not to be such a troglodyte

don't get all fancy pants with your big vocabulary.
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 11:28 am

Everybody is calling Spain.

but it only takes one loss.

the Dutch seem to be hitting stride. and has everybody forgotten South America?
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 1:57 pm

I'd be THRILLED with a new country winning.
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 2:09 pm

GHO GHO GHANER!
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 6:22 pm

Spain started the group stage like gangbusters in 2006 and I really thought they had a good shot at winning. Then, they crashed out in the knockout stage. I think this year's squad may be one of their best teams ever with a pretty great mix of veterans and young guys, so they may do it. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the pressure of being the favorites.

Don't forget their Euro 2008 win. To a certain extent that got the underachievement monkey off their back. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make it at least to the semi-finals.

It might be a historic tournament, won by South Africa, with the help of Beckverbouwer/ Pelelele/ Mandela, with cheers from Tutu:
jippy! jippy! jippy!

South Africa will be lucky not to lose all three of their group matches.
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 9:46 am

Looks like Drogba might be out with a fractured elbow now. That's probably going to change the odds on Portugal getting out of the group stages. I hate Ronaldo, although I get great pleasure watching him cry when he loses.
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 11:38 am

what about this BALLS CONTROVERSY?

apparently the new ball is *TOO PERFECT*
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 11:46 am

Nicknames list!

Algeria – Les Fennecs (The Desert Foxes)
Argentina – Albicelestes (White and Sky blue)
Australia – Socceroos
Brazil – Seleção (The Selection). Also Canarinhos (Little Canary) and Verde e Amarelo (Green and Yellow).
Cameroon – Lions Indomptables (Indomitable Lions)
Chile – La Roja (The Red)
Cote d'Ivoire – Les Éléphants (The Elephants)
Denmark – Olsens Elleve (Olsen's Eleven) –
England – The Three Lions – From the FA crest.
France – Les Bleus (The Blues)
Germany – National Mannschaft (National Team) or DFB Elf (DFB Eleven) or National Elf (National Eleven).
Ghana – The Black Stars
Greece – To Piratiko (The Pirate Ship) –
Honduras – Los Catrachos. Also La H (The H)
Italy – Azzurri (Sky Blues)
Japan – Blue Samurai
Mexico – El Tri (after the three colours or "tricolor" on the Mexican flag).
Netherlands – Oranje
North Korea – Chollima (some sort of mythical horse)
New Zealand – All Whites (rugby union team are the All Blacks)
Nigeria – Super Eagles
Paraguay – La Albirroja (The White-Red) or Guaraní (an indigenous people)
Portugal – Selecção das Quinas (Team of the Five Shields) –
Serbia – Beli Orlovi (White Eagles) –
Slovakia – Repre
Slovenia – Zmajceki (Dragons)
South Africa – Bafana Bafana (The Boys)
South Korea – Taeguk Warriors.
Spain – La Furia Roja (Red Fury)
Switzerland – Schweizer Nati
United States – Often referred to as the MNT (Men's National Team) or The Yanks.
Uruguay – La Celeste (The Sky Blue)
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:29 pm

Looks like Drogba might be out with a fractured elbow now.

dang!
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:39 pm

dang!
Apparently, he's undergoing emergency surgery in an effort to be able to take part. Watch this space...

England captain, Rio Ferdinand, is definitely out after suffering knee ligament damage in training. Although, he was always the player most likely to get injured anyway and he's not had the best season, so it could be a blessing for England.
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 1:11 pm

what about this BALLS CONTROVERSY?

apparently the new ball is *TOO PERFECT*

Same controversy every World Cup.
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 1:31 pm

We can't lose with this guy leading the charge. Go America!

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 1:32 pm

Same controversy every World Cup.

Yup; it's true.

Furthermore, the MLS has been using the same ball all season. Haven't heard any bitching until recently.
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 2:30 pm

Fuck. Drogba and Ferdinand out wrecks my bracket.

Looks like USA can move to the 2nd round. I still say Desert Foxes rule that group. Allez Les Fennecs !!
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 10:11 pm

We didn't do brackets and I'm still not sure how our point system works? All's I know is I need a good showing from The Sky Blue and Guaraní, collectively known as Tha Guays. And Spain to win.
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 6:03 pm

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 6:11 pm

For anyone who is a bit confused about how the World Cup works, don't worry, Alan Partridge explains all with his Soccer Meter.
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 7:07 pm

Superstoked!! Starts Friday!!
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 11:39 pm | Edited by: Cole

Superstoked!! Starts Friday!!

I'm with you! I'm a total newb though. I think that the very fact that I'm interested in this tells alot about the gains that football is making in the US. If a redneck from MS can dig it, I think the sport is on the right path.

I think it's because alot of our kids play it. I didn't grow up playing it, but my kids have. Were all stoked.
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 9:36 am

I think your right Cole. I know alot more people this time around that are into it that have never been before and I thats definitely poistive for the game in the US! A solid month of soccer...yes!
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 10:43 am

Once again, I will be watching every game at home if any Mempians want to swing by. Unfortunately, the projector is down, and it won't be on in the movie room.
We still have a big tv in the family room, though.

Can't wait!! Day after tomorrow!!
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 12:21 pm

Any websites streaming this live? Last time around there was a Chinese website that streamed every game in its entirety. Made the work days fly by.
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 12:23 pm

They'll probably all be on ESPN 360.
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm worried about Robben, the kid is made out of bones, bones, and bones, all very fragile bones (saw him play for years as a kid here at FC Groningen; never thought he'd made it). One shower on the pitch and he'll be injured again. Plus he absolutely needs Riberi (sorry if I misspelled that, no harm meant, love that guy) to get his magic done. They both think the same. Now the only guy in the Dutch team who once looked able to get as brilliant as Riberi, our Van Der Vaart, turned into a nutjob after playing way too long in Germany, so I'm affraid they gonna switch and switch and switch the line up, which is deadly. And that whole line up is already totally bizar.

Don't worry, you've always got Ryan Babel! Ha! Ha!
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 3:09 pm

Here's a World Cup spreadsheet that you can use to work out the permutations. Particularly useful at figuring out who might come where in the group stage (it works out group standings based on the scores of each match you input).
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 3:27 pm

Here's another World Cup spreadsheet. A bit more involved.
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 4:56 pm

This game pits each team's hottest wives and girlfriends against each other.
http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/wags-stags
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 7:46 am

This game pits each team's hottest wives and girlfriends against each other.
in a caged jello pit?
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 12:01 pm

in a caged jello pit?
Best left up to the imagination.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 3:46 am

Here's a pretty good wall chart thingy.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 7:28 am | Edited by: benwah

Si no tienes ESPN3:
UnivisionFutbol.com
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:08 am

It's ON!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:27 am

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:29 am

i want a vuvuzela
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:46 am

www.espn3.com

It's free.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 10:17 am

rut roh!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:02 am

Considering the hometown advantage, happy with that result...Mexico's midfield need to create some better opportunities ... jeezus
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:05 am

mehr's looking like a genius with his s africa pick and i should have done the mex/socceroo's trade
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:21 am

Great game to start the tournament. Plenty of opportunities to score for both teams. Both teams struggled to finish, but an entertaining game all around. Since I'm at work streaming the game on Univision, there were several times throughout the game that I had to keep my "oohs" and "ahhs" quiet. Man, South Africa's forwards had some blazing speed out there. Their adrenaline must have been pumping all game.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:40 am

there were several times throughout the game that I had to keep my "oohs" and "ahhs" quiet

There was a near-miss towards the end of the match that caused me to yell loud enough that my boss cracked the door and asked if everything was ok.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:52 am

Bafana Boys shoulda won that one, to hear the ESPN Irish guy tell it. Soccer on the radio is even duller.

In Africa they are used to playing with a wadded up ball of rags tied with string, just sayin'
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:54 am

Still, an enemy's head will always be the best ball.

Mexico squeaked out the tie, but should have won 2-1, or tied 2-2 if that late shot hadn't hit the post for S Africa.

it's on! WHOO!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Also streaming free at www.iraqgoals.net. Missed the first match cuz I was outside watching the Stanley Cup drive by my work. Kane, champagne bottle in hand, is still boozing it up.
Allez les Bleus!!!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Anyone watching this espn?
Does the sound keep cutting in and out??
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 1:28 pm

They let live chickens into the stadium!!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

watched espn3.com with no sound (thank god, those tooters and those announcers... ) and it was pretty nice!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 3:43 pm

i predict defense matchups, the horn squawking will kill everybody's offense.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 3:46 pm

vuvuzela's
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Bill came into the room and was like "is that a swarm of bees?"

Snoozefest. France came out like a bunch of bruisers but wussed out in the second half.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 8:18 am

Oh, Greece.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 9:04 am

Maradonna in a suit looks pretty hilarious.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 11:15 am

ok. so i'm gonna break down from the hype and watch the usa-england match.

is it on espn? can't find it on the guide anywhere?
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

ABC.

Shit's gone legitimate.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 1:43 pm

How many hours of 0-0 games can you possibly watch? Most boring sport ever. Wish they had the usual Golf on at the pub yesterday but I guess they gotta make a living. Let's Go Mets!
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Most boring sport ever.

I thought the same thing until I went to a roller derby match.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Why were you dressed like the Thunderbirds?
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 4:17 pm

I thought the same thing until I went to a roller derby match

that's funny.

and true.

i tried to watch the usa-england game while having breaks from yard work.

1-1

hhhmmm?

please tell me it gets more exciting than that match, cause i couldn't wait to get back in the 90 degree heat to pull up weeds.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 4:38 pm

please tell me it gets more exciting than that match, cause i couldn't wait to get back in the 90 degree heat to pull up weeds.

sweet. we've got a lot of World Cup to watch and a lot of weeds to pull.

wanna come over and watch some soccer?
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Why were you dressed like the Thunderbirds?

because my clown costume was at the dry cleaners and I was banging one of them at the time
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 10:53 am

wow. great Ghana win... Serbia looked good and threw it away...

1-0 on a penalty, but a good game.

Go Ghana!
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 11:24 am

can someone refresh my memory on the way red cards work in the world cup? if you get one, are you out for the whole tournament or just the game? or something inbetween?
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 12:54 pm

the way red cards work in the world cup?

you're out for the next game. longer if it was a really violent foul.

i hate those vuvuzelas.
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 1:40 pm

VUVUZELA FREEDOM
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 2:28 pm

the iron sheik doesn't like germany
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 3:03 pm | Edited by: Cole

Germany is kicking some roo ass!
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 3:11 pm

the way red cards work in the world cup?

you're out for the next game. longer if it was a really violent foul.

isn't it two games for a straight red, one for a yellow/red? cahill just got the red. goodnight australia.
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 4:10 pm

i heard the phrase "german precision" a lot during what i watched
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 4:55 pm

i'm really enjoying my first time watching the World Cup. I can see why people think it's boring. There's not alot of scoring. I don't think so though. I'm amazed at the skills these guys have handling the ball. It's sick. Man, when someone dcoes score, It's exciting as hell.
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm

You must enjoy watching grass grow, too.
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm

WATCHING GRASS GROW FREEDOM
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Only 20 more days till some real excitement begins!
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 7:42 pm

cool clips!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aN5K_lun4E][/url]
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 9:50 pm

why does everyone suddenly LOVE the world cup?
really, what's the big fucking deal about this year?
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 10:01 pm

its like this every four years. i remember people going bonkers for it on here in 2006
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 10:09 pm

For me alot of its just watching my kids play and picking up the rules. I think the global aspect of it draws alot of people in as well. It's fun to watch countries try to beat each other.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 8:03 am

I got into it in '06. This year is actually the first time that every game is being televised in the US. In '06, if you wanted to watch Trinidad & Tobago vs. Cameroon, you were screwed unless you had a satellite dish or some obscure digital channel or pay per view setup. Luckily, living across the street from a soccer bar, this was not an issue for me. They got Sky and Setanta and all those channels. I would go watch the games and there would always be people there representing their home countries. That was great fun. Now that ESPN is carrying all of the games it's kind of ruined that, but it shows that soccer is catching on here.

To all you mugs that say it's boring, have you ever watched baseball? Soccer can be boring (I like to think of it as relaxing) and anti climatic, but every once in a while you'll see a game that you'll never forget. Italy vs. Germany in the '06 semifinals comes to mind.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 8:06 am

I can see why people think it's boring. There's not alot of scoring

I think the real problem is most Americans don't have the attention span to sit through 45 minutes of uninterrupted sports. If a Bud Light commercial isn't being thrown in your face every 5 minutes, it must be boring.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 8:46 am

I played soccer for 20 years. After college I didn't want anything to do with the sport for a LONG time. I can finally watch soccer again and enjoy it without a sense of dread.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 8:51 am

have you ever watched baseball? - on tv, it's like watching grass die.

Finally watched Once in a Lifetime:The Story of the New York Cosmos, the other night. Great documentary. Also alot of perspective on the American short attention span as it applies to soccer, the continuing genius of Pele and the Tony Sopranotization of Giorgio Chinaglia.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 8:54 am

From the Daily News:

pneumatic drill: 125 db's
vuvuzela: 127db's

times how many hundreds of thousands?

Holla
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 9:56 am

pneumatic drill: 125 db's
vuvuzela: 127db's

oh yeah, the euro cup 2012 will be in poland and ukraine...pretty sure they use pneumatic drills instead of those vuvus there.

germany was good yesterday. military precision!
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 12:08 pm

warren ellis' take on the game, from twitter

* Ah. The England team appear to have gotten drunk during half-time.
* Rooney confused by round thing flying through air. It am not bird. Maybe still good to eat? Rooney try to kill with head.

* I wish to assure our American friends that, for this performance, the England team will in fact be executed.

* Jesus. That was like watching two dozen fraggles wrestling in a pit of molasses.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 12:52 pm

and on the aussie performance?
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm

didn't see anything about that, but i think he's living in england now
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Green's gaffe in the goal! haw haw haw
20,000+ watching for free at the baseball stadium here in SF.

it is kind of boring, you have to really concentrate on it. also, I don't think ESPN's coverage has been very good (or ABC's). Univision seems to have a better feed -- more closeups.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Gonna have to support Ghana for the rest of the Cup as well as the U.S. of course. Ghana looked great and and I dig their style. Go Black Stars!!
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Black Stars definitely have the best uniforms. Mexico looks cool too.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Anyway: The Netherlands will not survive the first round I'm affraid. Still no definitive line up, a dumbass as a coach, but the fuckin worst of all:
the possibility of HEATH 'down there'. Makes our players always tun into pussies.
Never had so less faith in Holland as now

C´mon Nanne, why are you so worried!? It's Denmark, Cameroon and Japan for crying out loud! Two years ago it should've been hard to get through the group phase, now it should be a piece of chocolate cake ...
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Never had so less faith in Holland as now

What about when you guys rolled over for Hitler?
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Soccer Officially Announces It Is Gay

how did that shark look after you landed, Onion?
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 6:50 pm

What, No love for the Guay's?

Para and Uru, mashin' early.

France played so bad it stunned Uruguay into playing equally shitty, lucky for france.

PAraguay? dang. swarming like that I thought they would tire out for sure. Paraguay outplayed Italy.
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 7:25 pm

BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm

how did that shark look after you landed, Onion?

Ooh, ouch...
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 11:12 pm

also, I don't think ESPN's coverage has been very good (or ABC's).

Really? I think this year's coverage has been pretty solid. 2006 was a different story. Their lead commentator was Dave O'Brien, a baseball guy who little to nothing about soccer. He spent half of the games comparing soccer stars to stars in other sports and the other half comparing the World Cup to American sporting events. Their entire crew covering the World Cup in 2006 was horrible. It was insulting to watch. I watched games on Univision or avoided hearing scores until I could download a game someone uploaded from the BBC's coverage. ESPN improved with Euro 08 with Andy Gray and have really done well in getting Martin Tyler, in my opinion.

I think the best US analysis for the World Cup so far has been Fox Soccer Channel's Ticket to South Africa with Andy Gray. Great stuff. They apparently don't have the rights to show highlights, so they really get into tactics and more in-depth analysis than ESPN. Still, ESPN's studio stuff has been pretty decent too. I think Roberto Martinez is very smart and really knows what he's talking about.
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 6:14 am

and on the aussie performance?

the tweet that made the papers here compared our performance to watching a koala negotiate autobahn traffic.
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 6:52 am | Edited by: Tommy Trouble

I had a dream last night that Mike Tyson and I were in jail playing soccer against NBA stars.

Tyson was a pretty nice guy, and his facial tattoo had been removed. Initially he wanted to beat me up, but I asked him not to and he agreed.
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 12:50 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 1:24 pm

I am worried Paloma cause this coach has no idea how play on this level, he doesn't know the players well enough and the Dutch need a Natural Born Asshole as a coach to make it trhough games against completely worthless teams.

Sorry Nanne, that was me on my gf's account. Anyway, the Dutch had a Natural Born Asshole once as their coach and they didn't even get to go to the WC (2002).
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 1:54 pm

I think this year's coverage has been pretty solid. 2006 was a different story.

I meant the visuals, not the verbiage.
Yeah, I remember that jerk from 06. whadda joke.

still, i'm wondering why they always have to hire Brits or Irish to do commentary -- the radio especially.
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Man, that was a SWEET near post goal by Brazil!
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 2:58 pm

amazing. those Brazilians can really bend it.

still, impressive first half by the Hermit Kingdom, holding Brazil at nil. Now I guess their families will get food this month.
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 3:14 pm

GO NORTH KOREA!!!! GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 3:37 pm

I missed it live and in replays... how did the North Koreans score?
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 3:54 pm

i tried watching some, but those fucking horns got on my nerves after 10 minutes. maybe i'll try again in 2014
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 4:02 pm

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 9:10 pm

how did the North Koreans score?

In open play. The North Korean player had a great first touch, scooted past the defender and kicked it past the keeper. Pretty nice. The Chinese plants dressed up as North Korean supporters went wild!
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 8:40 am

Yeah Maicons goal was sweet. Question is was he really shooting or was it a cross? You can see when hes at pace he looks across the goal to see whos there for the pass, but I think he was setting the keeper up to drift further out of goal. Brillant shit by a defender no doubt!! N. Koreas goal was nice as well, as Brazil's keeper is one of the best in the world. N. Korea played an exceptional defensive game against the #1 ranked team in the world. Kaka didnt play well, but Robinho has some crazy footwork action going on!
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 9:53 am

#1 ranked team in the world

well, that's spain...but the swiss defensive ain't too bad either as it seems
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 10:05 am

hm, just had a look at that coke ranking and you were right....

thought of this one, i guess

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/

....10 out of the first 40 = spanish
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 10:52 am

What the fuck, SPAIN!!!!

My bracket was looking great until today.
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 11:23 am

Officially FUCKED!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 11:28 am

let the side betting commence
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Officially FUCKED!!
Not officially. They can still win this group.
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Group H is weak. Spain will adjust.

I think the lousy performances are a result of cold weather, different pitch surface, and .... VUVUZELAS
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 1:08 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 1:27 pm

I love soccer; I played/coached for years. I KNOW it's a typically low scoring sport.

However, this year's cup SUCKS. It's boring as fuck. Hopefully, all the upsets/draws will make teams a bit more hungry as the group stage continues.
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Gelson Fernandes is ex- Manchester City
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm

I think most teams are usually content to draw in the very first round of games. It should get better from here. This SA / Uruguay game is looking good already.
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 3:26 pm

THAT IS AMAZING!

missed the game, but feel bad for South Africa.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 4:57 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 5:15 pm

http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.goner-records.com/board/
i never want to do that again.
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 9:15 pm

i want that little hornplayn dude on a key chain. or a neck chain. He's like HEE HAW 3000.BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 10:38 am

GREECE!
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 10:47 am

come on Nigeria! Dang! This game should be tied 2-2.

Argentina looks good (maybe great) up front, iffy in the back. Could get interesting later.
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 11:07 am

Hey, eight goals in two games!!! The second round is going to be better!!
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am

Argh. I forgot that Nigerians are perpetual football failures. But c'mon --- Greece???
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 11:58 am

BALLS CONTROVERSY, cont.:

According to the Journal yesterday, there's a bunch of countries who have been playing with those "new" balls for about a year --- the Germans, Portugal, Switz, France. that could be the difference.
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 12:43 pm | Edited by: eric o

didn't help France much.

Time to go shopping!
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Time to go shopping!

So, does all traffic go through Vuvuzela Time when you do this? Are they phishing or just merely doing this for fun?
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 1:05 pm | Edited by: eric o

I hope they're stealing my credit card info and buying more of those infernal flugelhorns!

But yeah, probably not a good way to go shopping.
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 1:21 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTZZZ
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Viva Mexico!!
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Takin' the French sissies out!
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Le BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 5:09 pm

I'll bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to that!
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 7:04 pm

So, does all traffic go through Vuvuzela Time when you do this? Are they phishing or just merely doing this for fun?

well it's not going through the vuvuzela site by proxy, whatever site you're visiting is hosted in an "iframe" on your browser. so technically they are not the man in the middle. however there might still be a way for vuvuzela-time to capture whatever info you submit to another site.

Also, the onion sorta redeems itself: South African Vuvuzela Philharmonic Angered By Soccer Games Breaking Out During Concerts
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 7:29 am

I just got phishscammed by 10,000 angry Nigerians !

and it was GREAT

GO SERBIA
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 8:22 am

DASPPPPPFFFFFTTTTBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTZZZ
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 9:10 am

well it's not going through the vuvuzela site by proxy, whatever site you're visiting is hosted in an "iframe" on your browser. so technically they are not the man in the middle. however there might still be a way for vuvuzela-time to capture whatever info you submit to another site.

I knew someone would have a proper answer.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 9:13 am

First blood to Slovenia.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 9:51 am

not looking good for USA...

Footyfire got the stream too
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:00 am

second blood to slovenia
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:06 am

2-1!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:08 am

third blood?
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:27 am

why is the ref such a faggot?

the slovenian uniforms look like charlie brown
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:39 am

gooooallll!!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:39 am

fuckin' great strike
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:43 am

like I said, why is the ref such a faggot?
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:54 am

If we were Colombia, that ref would already be fucking dead!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:56 am

Retroactively abort the ref

EDU goal

USA 3-2
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am

Goddammit.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:07 pm

what a joke. wouldn't even say what the call was to take our winning goal back.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Fuck Koman Coulibaly.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:49 pm

on one hand, it was total bullshit, on the other hand, that's soccer. happens all the fucking time.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Coulibaly had an abysmal record in the African Cup of Nations:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29012010/58/african-cup-nations-controve rsial-coulibaly-ref-final.html

He should have never been selected by FIFA to officiate the World Cup.

What a disgrace.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 2:47 pm

...on the other hand, that's soccer. happens all the fucking time.

No shit, but it doesn't mean I'm going to be philosophical about it.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm

No shit, but it doesn't mean I'm going to be philosophical about it.

spoken like a true american.
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks!!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Well, at least we scored. England REALLY SUCKS!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 3:28 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Glad I missed it.

England: 1 goal.
France: 0 goals.

wow.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:06 am

I wish I could have seen that!
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 10:42 am

go kiwis!!!!! HOLD ON!
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:10 am

woods shot almost won it for them
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah, and the "foul" that the Italians got for their PK was weeeeeeaaaaaak. Those guys go down easier than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Well, no one goes down easier than Ronaldo, but still.

GO KIWIS!
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Great game!!
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 7:58 am

I feel sorry for the N.Koreans when they get home...
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 8:18 am

Hilarious
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

I feel sorry for the N.Koreans when they get home...

my thoughts exactly... a lifetime of hard labor awaits... if they're lucky.
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 2:31 pm

How unsportsmanlike of the Portugese. I don't care if they are North Koreans, piling on is ugly.
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 2:56 pm

When is this over? They had it on in the pub again last Friday. Some losers at the bar wearing soccer jerseys and scarfs were getting all excited about that 0-0 game. It was the most boring thing I ever seen. America should stop being in this.

Question: if the dutch and french lose to the Germans, does the US have to bail them out as usual?
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 6:32 pm

No such thing as piling on in the World Cup or any tournament of this kind. If there is a tie on points in the group (meaning 3 for a win and 1 for a draw) it goes to goal differential. Seems like an asshole move, but its in your best interest to score as much as possible in this type or format!
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®