Black dahlia
True romance
Rumble fish
Out of the blue

This is some legacy…RIP
Posted: May 29, 2010 1:38 pm

my science project:)
Posted: May 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Hell, even Speed was more tolerable with him being cast in it.
Posted: May 29, 2010 1:52 pm

RIP, brother Dennis.
Posted: May 29, 2010 1:55 pm

I have a dvd of "Cockfighter" (film adaptation of Willeford novel) which has included as a double feature "Mad Dog Morgan" featuring a young Dennis Hopper in 1976. I suppose now is a good a time as any to bust it out and finally watch it.
Posted: May 29, 2010 2:08 pm

speed...i had almost erased that movie from my memory, but yah he did make it tolerable with his characters endearing thumb:)
Posted: May 29, 2010 2:46 pm

RIP Dennis Hopper. He's an Immortal as far as I'm concerned.
Posted: May 29, 2010 3:00 pm

He sucked for years, should've checked out in 91.
Posted: May 29, 2010 3:08 pm

dang.
Posted: May 29, 2010 4:25 pm

He sucked for years, should've checked out in 91.
Yes except for these you’re prolly right
Carried away
Paris trout
True romance
Black dahlia
Red rock west
Indian runner
Posted: May 29, 2010 4:43 pm

he was great in true romance
Posted: May 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I also wish we'd lost Jack Nicholson and Robert de Niro
15+ years ago.
Posted: May 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I just read that Rip Torn was the first choice for Nicholson's role in Easy Rider. I'm not much of one for re-visionalism (is that a word?) or "what if's", but that would've been fuckin' awesome! Apparently he and Dennis got in a fight, and Rip walked off the project.
Posted: May 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Also a great photographer. DON'T YOU FUCKING LOOK AT ME!

(mommy)
Posted: May 29, 2010 7:10 pm

mashup
Posted: May 29, 2010 7:43 pm

RIP, Feck...

Been a fan since I was a kid in the 80's.

He used to take naked hot tubs with Natalie Wood so I can't say he didn't live a full life.
Posted: May 29, 2010 9:33 pm | Edited by: dont wanna be a fat boy

Not to mention Let It Rock/ White Star/ whatever else it's called. I'd somehow almost forgotten about Paris Trout, but that was some powerful shit there.

If there's one thing I can't fuckin' stand, it's warm fuckin' beer; it makes me fuckin' puke. RIP Dennis Hopper
Posted: May 29, 2010 11:30 pm

He used to take naked hot tubs with Natalie Wood so I can't say he didn't live a full life.

Damn straight!

RIP Hopper... He was up there with Harry Dean Stanton in my book...
Posted: May 30, 2010 9:45 am

in my head i always pretend it was dennis hooper and not harry dean stanton in repo man.
hopper also played side roles in rebel without a cause and cool hand luke.
Posted: May 30, 2010 10:12 am

I just read that Rip Torn was the first choice for Nicholson's role in Easy Rider. I'm not much of one for re-visionalism (is that a word?) or "what if's", but that would've been fuckin' awesome! Apparently he and Dennis got in a fight, and Rip walked off the project.
Quinn

And Adam Roarke was supposed to play Peter Fonda's role but he wanted to get away from doing motorcycle movies...
Posted: May 30, 2010 12:36 pm

True Grit!
Posted: May 30, 2010 2:46 pm

i always pretend it was dennis hooper and not harry dean stanton in repo man. hopper also played side role

Gag, that would've been awful.
Posted: May 30, 2010 10:39 pm

i always pretend it was dennis hooper and not harry dean stanton in repo man

No way!

Also, why hasn't anyopne mentioned Hoosiers??? I know sports movies are almost always disappointing, but I like the way he played an alcoholic deadbeat in that one.
Posted: May 30, 2010 11:51 pm

rebel without a cause, giant, sons of katie elder, gunfight at the ok corral, hang em high, apocalypse now, the trip, easy rider etc... he bridged a gap from the old school/end of the studio system into the new school of the 70's then into the completely talentless shit pile hollywood has become. along with harry dean stanton and peter falk, hopper was one of the underrated quality actors we have seen from that generation. nicholson and deniro have been running on the fumes of the same fucking character for years.
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 12:19 pm

"Hot Spot" proved he had what it took to direct.

I saw him lecture once in college (related to the film he made with Wim Wenders "American Friend"), awesome stream-of-consciousness fueled by Marlboros.

RIP "Goon". They should cast his ashes off the Griffith Park observatory deck. He would circulate endlessly in the LA smog.
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 5:21 pm

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 10:27 am

From that soundtrak to the movie Hot Spot, directing by Dennis Hopper.

John Lee, Miles, Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder or on that thing...fucking amazing. Got to hand it to Hopper.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®