Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / this kid i know here made a record with his gameboy
Posted: May 22, 2010 9:57 pm

Posted: May 23, 2010 12:02 am

Sweet! Glad to see the 8-bit rock is still rollin'. I went to a show at the arcade a few years ago with 4 or 5 8-bit techno acts.
Posted: May 24, 2010 8:45 am

This techie shit seems like it should be on the MacGrubber thread...

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=49367
Posted: May 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Is the Rebel album done on a Gameboy? I remember, at some point, Ben Wallers was in town playing his Gameboy at the HiTone.
Posted: May 24, 2010 2:03 pm

So, is there a cartridge you can program songs with on a Gameboy? Or do you have to "HACK" it? Or did he sample all the sounds and use a computer program to put 'em together?

Either way, pretty sweet!
Posted: May 24, 2010 3:01 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Posted: May 25, 2010 7:52 am

I'm told that Grime got started by guys making music on their PS2's....at least that's 16 bit and has rad rhymes.
Posted: May 25, 2010 8:17 am

Grime is pretty much dead now is what I hear...but here's an interesting article from 2004.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/partner s-in-grime-570429.html

About halfway down it talks about how it got started on the Original playstation with a game called Music 2000.

I've heard in the past that gameboy had a game kind of like that....it's all just crude midi....

I still prefer the sounds of Wiley....allot of people thought he was using a nintendo system but he was using Music 2000 just dumbing it down a bunch.

I've seen people mod old Atari systems and make music with them....one of the first midi systems was based around an Atari computer, we're talking green and black screen...that you hooked up to a special atari sequencer and picked the notes with a small keyboard on the screen.

Sorry but this current crop of "gameboy music" seems like shit to me.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®