Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: May 13, 2010 5:48 pm

That Little Ann thread made me want to revisit one of my favorites...I had no idea there was over 5 fuckin version floating around:

http://indangerousrhythm.blogspot.com/2008/08/bad-girl.html

I was only familiar with the first Lee Moses (part one).

For sure a fuckin classic.
Posted: May 13, 2010 6:28 pm

damn, that herman hitson version is great. label sez lee moses hiself arranged it. that guy's trying to sing just like him, too.

finally picked up a wlp of the lee moses 45 in allentown this year.
Posted: May 13, 2010 6:37 pm

The Hitson version is great! It's actually better on a dance floor than the Lee Moses version. I sure would like to find a copy of the Lee Moses LP.
Posted: May 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Have you guys heard the O'jahs version of the Hombres classic "let it out"? It's a soul version, not bad.
Posted: May 13, 2010 6:43 pm

I really like the Fabulous Denos version...killer two-sider, the flip, "Once I had a Love" is great. "Bad Girl" is one of those songs like "Aint No Sunshine" or "Have Love Will Travel" that trumps the "singer not the song" rule...they are such perfect songs, you never really hear a completely shitty version.
Posted: May 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Have you guys heard the O'jahs version of the Hombres classic "let it out"? It's a soul version, not bad.

is it the flip to that funky organ instro on ss7? been looking for that one.

It's actually better on a dance floor than the Lee Moses version.

it does have harder drums, but the nuance alone in moses' version trumps them beats.
Posted: May 13, 2010 9:04 pm

It is on sound stage seven Joe. That must be the flip.
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks for posting this ... definitely a fave!

Never knew there were so many versions out there ... I played the Lee Moses version for King Khan when he was in town (he hadn't heard it before) & suggested he cover it ... we'll see, I guess!
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:45 am

I've been listening to Lee Moses quite a bit lately.
So good, I just have a burned copy of some comp with no info. There's a few versions of Bad Girl on it. And then that great song about all the animals Making love. Shit is raw!
Posted: May 15, 2010 6:14 pm

This song is awesome. I'd only heard the South Filthy version before and this is just hard to stop listening to.
Posted: May 15, 2010 9:36 pm

they are all good but lee moses 45 version can not be beaten, whipped, smashed, or kicked in the cunt
Posted: May 17, 2010 9:52 am

I just have a mix cd of obscure soul a librarian friend made me, it's all good but Lee Moses always stands out...

That guys blog seems like a treasure trove of cool shit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®