Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Peirced Arrows "Descending Shadows" Question
Posted: May 7, 2010 2:55 pm

I got "Descending Shadows" the last time they came to LA and the first track, "This is the day" sounds like a bad press or like there's dust on the stylus. Anyone else had this problem?
Posted: May 7, 2010 3:02 pm

I got "Descending Shadows" the last time they came to LA and the first track, "This is the day" sounds like a bad press or like there's dust on the stylus. Anyone else had this problem?
Loads of Fred's records are like this. The "Paranoia" single from a year or so ago was atrocious sounding (like someone had stuck pencils in my speakers). I'm guessing he still masters the vinyl himself and he wears hearing aids, so probably not the best at quality control anymore. It's part of the charm.
Posted: May 7, 2010 7:43 pm

It's part of the charm.

Sorta like Jamaican pressings. At least you don't get off center labels pressed into the runoff groove.
Posted: May 10, 2010 4:11 pm

gotcha....whatever...it's still good...nuff said.
Posted: May 10, 2010 4:38 pm

...nuff said.

but still, it would be nice to have a decent sounding pressing
Posted: May 11, 2010 11:49 am

Anybody pick up their country record from 85 yet?
Posted: May 11, 2010 11:52 am

not the album, but i got the 7" from just before, slightly differant band, the western front if memory serves correctly, good stuff, much like the toody "solo" 7"
Posted: May 11, 2010 12:32 pm | Edited by: No Big Thing

Walked into a store last Friday not even knowing this existed and walked out with a copy. There's no surprises, but it's certainly worthwhile.

Songs here.
Posted: May 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks for reminding me. I gotta go get it.
Posted: May 13, 2010 12:40 pm

but still, it would be nice to have a decent sounding pressing

It's only the first track...luckily it comes with a free download so I can hear it online as well.
Posted: May 13, 2010 2:09 pm

country album en route... can't wait!
Posted: May 13, 2010 3:59 pm

really? western arrows?
Posted: May 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Cool pic of Fred and Toody on their wedding day back in the sixties from an article in the Portland monthly last year...

http://www.portlandmonthlymag.com/arts-and-entertainment/articles/musi c-fred-toody-0809/4/
Posted: May 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Was the question, "how do you spell 'pierced'"?
Posted: May 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Great article!
Posted: May 19, 2010 7:14 pm

man that band fucking sucks !
Posted: May 19, 2010 7:17 pm

i tried to listen to that shit IT was borrring i had to listen to big black to clean the poo this band left in my ears
Posted: May 19, 2010 7:37 pm

range rats LP is great. not mind-blowin or nothing, but if you like the Coles and like country you'll dig it.
Posted: May 19, 2010 8:45 pm

I'd love to have it. Hell, I need some Dead Moon stuff first. All I got is the
Descending Shadows LP. There's just to much cool stuff out there....
Posted: May 20, 2010 12:32 pm

OK....So, for the record...The "Descending Shadows" record is fine....My stylus must have been gay for a day. So to set the record straight, this record plays through. Oops...I started this thread for nothing. Now I'm leaving.

And...

Was the question, "how do you spell 'pierced'"?

You must be board.
Posted: May 20, 2010 6:57 pm

OK....So, for the record...The "Descending Shadows" record is fine....My stylus must have been gay for a day

Haha. No shit, I listened to that song about 3 times in a row trying to figure out what you were posting about.
Posted: May 21, 2010 2:05 am

i tried to listen to that shit IT was borrring i had to listen to big black to clean the poo this band left in my ears

I would listen to Big Black over just about anything. I still like D.shadows though....but Big Black will always win
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®