Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / An open letter to the dudes at GONER RECORDS
Posted: May 1, 2010 12:13 pm

An open letter to Goner records-even though I could just e-mail you and get a responce reasonably quickly

Goner Records- Do me these two favors.

1) Understand that I've been a regular customer all the way back since October of 2009. I feel I have the right to suggest things. I'd like a comp, released by Goner, documenting the Memphis scene right now. I'd like bands such as vi, Vending Machine, Sector Zero, Girls Of Graviton, Oscars, Burning Sands and whatever else you guys deem worthy on this comp. I think this would be very cool.

2) Understanding that my job requires alot of driving, I'm an avid podcast listener. I'd love a Goner Records podcast. Maybe Eric and Zac could host it, or maybe Hoppe and Joe could or any mix of those four, or any of those guys solo.

Maybe you could make it an extension of the Goner board and people who live locally could do it. I'd dig an hour of Australian punk by bruce.
Maybe Tommy, Bruce, Scott, and Jack could all do one together. They could spin records and call each other douches and faggots for an hour. I'd find that entertaining.

Don't fuck around. I'm really happy with the music and service offered by Goner but these suggestions are top notch.

Anthony Cole Lewis
Posted: May 1, 2010 12:52 pm

Maybe we could do some Joe Bussard style tapes that are meant to be radio broadcasts. Posting on this board is pretty much the extent of my computer abilities.

ps- You coming to Memphis today, Cole? There's a used cd of C.O.C. Animosity at Goner!
Posted: May 1, 2010 1:02 pm

Cole - BradX puts out a podcast called "get drunk play records" that has some of those elements.
Sometimes Rocket Science Audio sets up a streaming show.
Live From Memphis has some audio and video from damn near every band in town.
Posted: May 1, 2010 1:13 pm

ps- You coming to Memphis today, Cole?

Naw. I want to but I can't find anyone to go with me. Everyone's going to Memphis in May.
Nobody i know is into the stuff I like. I talked a friend into going to the New Years eve show at the hi tone with me. He was cool until the guitar player from Davilla 666 blew snot out of his nose and almost hit him. He'd had enough after that. He went back to listening to his Saving Abel cd and gave up on indie music.

Thanks Wire. I'll check all that stuff out.
Posted: May 1, 2010 1:20 pm

cole, check out that ITR radio link

or, you could always do your own podcast?
Posted: May 1, 2010 1:26 pm | Edited by: Cole

cole, check out that ITR radio link

I hadn't even done that yet. I will. I don't want to do my own. I'm mainly just kind of interested in what other people listen do as well as just finding out about great bands.

If deadcityrebel, or joe t, or eric had an hour to play their favorite records of the moment, what would they play? I just find that interesting.
Posted: May 1, 2010 1:56 pm

Or, you could just listen to The Gayest Podcast Ever, circa 2006.

I want to but I can't find anyone to go with me.
Sometimes the greatest journey is your own. Read it on a fortune cookie once.
Posted: May 1, 2010 2:50 pm

Cole, send me an email: sucta @ hotmail.com
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:09 pm

thanks for the suggestions, Cole. Some of that is in the works!

Stay tuned!
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:53 pm

favorite records of the moment
i'd play the lp i got from centipede eest i got last night, then probably:
the incredibly strange and erotic world of the american death ray lp
oh sees masters bedroom lp
tubeway army s/t lp
gris gris for the season lp

thats probably more than an hour
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:55 pm

you know, it wouldn't kill you guys to do something with your hair, you know. maybe dress up a bit now and then? show a little leg - spice things up some?
Posted: May 1, 2010 4:51 pm

you know, it wouldn't kill you guys to do something with your hair,

I'm very jealous of Eric's very thick not graying mane.
Posted: May 1, 2010 5:29 pm

i offered to do a goner podcast already back in 2005.
Posted: May 1, 2010 6:50 pm

there were podcasts in 2005?
Posted: May 1, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey, everyone...Cole's a chick!!!
Posted: May 1, 2010 6:57 pm

He told me so.

Scott/Bruce, you wouldn't like her...
sHe has boobs and is a decent human being.
Posted: May 1, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey, everyone...Cole's a chick!!!

I am not a chick....and i told you that. You just kept calling me "Nicole, baby" and trying to get me to meet you at some rest stop!
Posted: May 1, 2010 7:30 pm

there were podcasts in 2005?

i had one of the first podcasts. i was the first podcaster for garagepunk.com, but at the time, i wanted to diversify and i also offered to do a show for goner. i even made a test episode, which i probably lost years ago.
Posted: May 2, 2010 2:31 am

i even made a test episode, which i probably lost years ago.
Is there a chest to pin this medal on?

Anyway, jokes tonight were great (in spite of Scott not being there; remember Bruce is a douche and Scott is a Horsey). Will post all jokes later.
Posted: May 2, 2010 9:08 pm

What the fuck does that even mean?
Posted: May 2, 2010 9:51 pm

you know, it wouldn't kill you guys to do something with your hair, you know. maybe dress up a bit now and then? show a little leg - spice things up some?

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of that is in the works!

Stay tuned!
Posted: May 3, 2010 3:26 pm

Eric did a very cool guest DJ set on my radio show:
http://keddy.podomatic.com/
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®