Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Oil Spill
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Maybe I've missed a previous post, but is anyone paying attention to this? This seems really, really, bad. The Gulf seafood industry could be ruined, and already fragile ecosystems probably aren't gonna do any better with a bunch of oil up in em'. Hopefully I'm overreacting.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:27 pm

i read something earlier today that said the feds are getting involved and upping the amount of resources available for cleaning it up. i think it also said it was pretty far out into the gulf and that it wouldn't be catastrophic? i don't have a link. sorry. from the tone of the article it seemed that this was something they could get under control pretty quickly unless someone fucked up real good (again). still sucks hard.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:31 pm

were you reading fox news? this is the worst since '84
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm

no, it sounds pretty fucked.

That being said, they saw four whales swimming through the oil and they seemed to be fine. So maybe it's not too bad.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Thank you Ronald R, George B's.

Maybe regulation / fees on these operations could pay for emergency clean up in these cases.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:04 pm

The map on the evening news showed coastline from Pensacola to 50 miles west or so of N'awlins due to be soaked in oil by in the morning. Supposedly it's going to affect everything from oyster beds to spawning bluefin tuna.

Anyone know if they set the oil on fire? If they did, guess it only got rid of so much-
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:08 pm

It's fucked. I've been following this for days, there is basically no silver lining, barring a miracle this will be another complete and total disaster. I almost want to volunteer but until they can stem the tide of oil pouring forth from the briny depths, it seems kinda futile.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Anyone know if they set the oil on fire? If they did, guess it only got rid of so much

think they scratched that plan. don't know why, but pretty sure they did.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm

BP says that the offshore drilling accident that is spewing thousands of barrels of oil a day into the Gulf of Mexico could cost the company several hundred million dollars.

From The New York Times

Make it happen. Avoid BP.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Avoid BP.

now THAT sounds revolutionary!!!
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Winds are turning, and the water's to choppy to try any more "burn off" The winds are also pushing all the oil mainland. Later Sea Turtles !
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Later Sea Turtles !

Now, I'm pissed.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:19 pm

BP also asked for financial assistance! Got denied, thankfully.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Maybe a week ago? I was checking google news at work; some headline talked about the explosion, but no danger and no spill - everything worked like they planned...
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:24 pm

What would the quitter say? Spill, baby, spill!
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:28 pm

i can see russia from here
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:31 pm

russia

in soviet russia, you don't contain spill, spill contains you!
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:33 pm

in memphis jerry shuts the fuck up, unless he's singing like a bird on a wire
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:34 pm

NOT TONIGHT, DOUCHE!!!
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

that's THE douche
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm

fuck everyone.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:05 am

The goverment is a wholly owned subsidiary of the corporations. It's fucked up. Anger is justified.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 1:04 am

rocket launcher to gas stations GO!
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 4:15 am

this world is rotten to the core and i'm really in the mood for this!
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 6:56 am

It keeps getting worse. Pretty disgusting.
I wish all the billions spent fucking around in the middle east were applied to renewable energy research and alt. fuel cars instead.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 7:06 am

fucking nightmare.
This WILL eclipse the Exxon spill just for the fact that it's a lot tougher/expensive to clean up wetlands than rocks. It should probably take some of the steam out of Obama's plan to open up the east coast to offshore drilling. While Virginia would be the first state to see exploration, here in NC, we had the Dept. of Interior in town yesterday asking for public opinions...mine was no thanks.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:40 am

Yeah this oil spill is going to be worse than the Exxon spill was and it is going to ruin a lot of things I love. @ the gulf shores now and the water is still clear and it doesn't stink. But in a week, I doubt this will be the case. And the saddest part, pelicans just got off the endangered species list, that will probably change too
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am

Marsh, time for Vacant Lotts practice. THE BLACK BLOCK vs. BLACK GOLD!!!!
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am

Did I hear right that the busted well is spewing 50,000 barrels of oil per day.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:57 am

According to my liberal media sources it is 5,000 barrels/210,000 gallons per day.

http://www.salon.com/news/louisiana_oil_spill/index.html?story=/env/fe ature/2010/04/30/us_louisiana_oil_rig_explosion_6
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:58 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

We don't need alt. fuel research....they've already perfected the electric car....granted that will encourage mountain top removal which is already ravaging my state...but fuck a bunch of oil.

Watch "Who Killed The Electric Car?"
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:32 pm

$4 gas here we come.

BP is definitely the worst, altho apparently it was their drilling contractor who is responsible. Remember all those guys who died at BP's refinery in Texas when it blew up?

Oil is a dirty dirty business and we are all junkies. But we can't just get a blood change like Keith Richards, i.e., it's not just gonna go away overnight. It doesn't matter how many people buy a Prius.

http://www.amazon.com/Crude-World-Violent-Twilight-Oil/dp/1400041694/r ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272648684&sr=1-1
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Watch "Who Killed The Electric Car?"
dude..that's been in my queue for weeks...gotta bump it up!

it is 5,000 barrels
and then you gotta get a temp rig out there to drill a relief well beside the
busted one a mile down...3 months at best?
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 2:15 pm

I've got my money on the Wonder Pets...this is sewious!
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 4:58 pm

5,000 barrels

That makes a little more sense.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Anyone know if they set the oil on fire?

Could King Louie be a prophet? Shock the black rainbow.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Joe T., did you have an inside source? Coast Guard document fears it could hit 50,000 barrels per day. And yeah, they're saying 3 months to drill the relief well.

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/deepwater_horizon_secret_memo.html

Oh, and another rig just overturned in the Gulf on it's way to the scrapyard:

http://www.salon.com/wires/us/2010/04/30/D9FDKDHO0_us_oil_rig_overturn s/index.html

And it's not even 2012 yet.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

das alot uh oil maang.
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 9:26 pm

look at all the explosives dumping areas!
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:45 am

Joe T., did you have an inside source? Coast Guard document fears it could hit 50,000 barrels per day. And yeah, they're saying 3 months to drill the relief well.

That's what I thought i heard on the NBC news this morning. Maybe they really said that. I'd just got out of bed and my mind plays tricks on me sometimes.

Cue Geto Boys, Donkey.
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:49 am

If this is the Endtimes I'm gonna be so pissed that I went back to school this year. Heather and I could've blown off the bills and partied in exotic locales like Brandon, Mississippi or somethin.
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:56 am

look at all the explosives dumping areas!

Was hoping somebody would catch that!
Posted: May 1, 2010 7:12 am

End times? cue Brad X!
Posted: May 2, 2010 2:06 pm

It's Cthulu...coming to a coastline near you.
Posted: May 2, 2010 3:51 pm

$4 gas here we come.

If we're lucky.

And yeah, they're saying 3 months to drill the relief well.

If it's much longer than that, it won't be just the gulf coast that's screwed.
Posted: May 2, 2010 7:22 pm

Posted: May 2, 2010 8:46 pm

wrath of an angry God.

END TIMES
Posted: May 3, 2010 9:30 am | Edited by: benwah

If it's much longer than that, it won't be just the gulf coast that's screwed.
so true...totally fucked...florida beaches next
25% of US seafood comes from Louisiana, so while we on coastal NC will see a short term seafood boom, we'll also see the slick, should it hit the
gulf stream...
Posted: May 3, 2010 10:02 am

BP tried ot get coastal residents to sign waivers...scumbags
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/bp-oil-spill-waivers_n_560814 .html

Hi Mr. Fisherman, other peoples who make their living off of the gulf, We are very sorry for destroying your livelihood, here is $5000 to keep you and your family going for a month or two until you learn a new skill and get back on your feet...that should only take about 30 days, right?
Posted: May 3, 2010 1:11 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Were contingency plans and regulations in place for this type of occurrence or is this just another example gross negligence and/or deregulation? None of the news reports I've read reported on these details.
Posted: May 3, 2010 4:58 pm

That's what I'm wondering, too-

I can't believe there aren't measures in place to deal with this kind of catastrophe already. Reactions seem so slow. We would all like to operate under the assumption that this will never happen, but considering that it IS a possibility, why aren't there already strict guidelines/plans-of-action in place to deal with it? Shouldn't they have already figured out how to deal with this a lot faster? GODDAMMIT! What a bummer. I'd like to go down there and lend a hand somehow...
Posted: May 3, 2010 8:21 pm

I can't believe there aren't measures in place to deal with this kind of catastrophe already. Reactions seem so slow. We would all like to operate under the assumption that this will never happen, but considering that it IS a possibility, why aren't there already strict guidelines/plans-of-action in place to deal with it? Shouldn't they have already figured out how to deal with this a lot faster? GODDAMMIT! What a bummer. I'd like to go down there and lend a hand somehow...
i can. the people who run the big oil companies also have their hands in the pockets of the folks who make regulations.
Posted: May 3, 2010 8:45 pm

Right wing pundits were trying really hard to convince their listeners that the spill was caused by ELF. (Earth Liberation Front) How many times is the Fed. government going to allow Halliburton to fuck us in the ass? I guess the Bush family will have to find a new place to go fishing. Now they have to worry about the fast approaching Hurricane season. BP should go back to Britain and shut the fuck up.
Posted: May 3, 2010 9:20 pm

i'm not saying this was alright but three differant things went wrong, the final was something that was supposed to cut off the line. apparently there were chains in the line when this happened so it didn't seal
Posted: May 4, 2010 1:46 am

aaaaand just in time to drive up gas prices for Memorial Day!

if that sounds cynical-- please explain how the oil companies aren't the most evil thing going these days (short of the Catholic Church).
Posted: May 4, 2010 9:19 am | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

I like how Rush L. said this wasnt a big deal as "the oil is just as natural as the seawater so the chemicals, since they are natural wont harm anything"....Here Rush, here is a rabid wolf...its ok to try and pet him...the wolf and the rabies are just as natural as you are.
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:43 pm

The Governator reversed himself and banned oil drilling off Cali coast, but then veto'd the bill which banned smoking ciggies on the beach.

We're no drill, more butts! Thanx Ahnold!
Posted: May 4, 2010 2:17 pm

I guess the manatees are going to have to move south; that is if they survive this. I bet Rush L. thinks that all those pills he eats are natural too. That fucker has a house in South Florida. They should get the Palin family to help clean this mess up. This will have a direct impact on the already shitty Florida economy. Is this revenge for the 2000 election fiasco?
Posted: May 4, 2010 2:25 pm

I'll be avoiding BP. Great Job Gas Guys!!
Posted: May 4, 2010 2:38 pm

I'll be avoiding BP. Great Job Gas Guys!!
Transocean, the company that owns and operates the rigs, is the largest offshore driller in the world and runs contract operations for all the major oil companies, not just BP.

Here's a list of their rigs
Posted: May 4, 2010 3:49 pm

Actinia oil rig blowout Feb. 1993 Vietnam. Closeup of the gushing money shot is at 1:30-

"You want oil? Here it is!" -Nature

FUCKED
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:39 pm

This is fucking GREAT!!! We cant even get the 18 wheeles down fast enough to restock the shelves at the HARDWARE store!!! Im getting a Sprinter !!! One of those Orange fullstacks too !!! I mean no oysters is gonna suck , but at the same time its all lobster hear on out for me !!!
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:42 pm

Eric and Zac, I ll take one of everything!!!
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:12 pm

now theres a man who can see the silver lining.
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:55 pm

Identical reaction I had to Katrina.
Posted: May 5, 2010 9:29 am

Posted: May 5, 2010 10:42 am

Were contingency plans and regulations in place for this type of occurrence or is this just another example gross negligence and/or deregulation? None of the news reports I've read reported on these details.

If you really want sound reporting and answers to these questions, you should check out the shows for last Friday, this past Monday and especially today on democracynow.org. This mornings show was really interesting.

I grew up in the New Orleans/Gulf Coast area. I've fished and surfed these waters all my life. I still can't wrap my head around this.
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:18 pm

throw this in your Google Earth machine:
http://laearth.la.gov/SE_Flood/PublicOilRigFile.kmz
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:54 pm

Posted: May 5, 2010 3:31 pm

No need to worry, folks, you can just wash the oil off with soap and water if you've been swimming in it. Don't cancel those reservations!

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/05/alabama_beac hes_will_remain_op.html
Posted: May 5, 2010 4:26 pm

77K isn't even that much, compared to how much BP rakes in. You'd think our elected officials would at least whore themselves out for more money. I mean, Obama's the top recipient at 77K? He's the president - it should take a couple million to buy him off!

So, I assume it only takes a cab fare to buy a congressman?
Posted: May 5, 2010 4:54 pm

And considering that the amount of money in campaigns continues to increase, I would expect Obama to be the biggest recipient next time around. Unless, of course, he's running against Palin.
Posted: May 6, 2010 8:40 am

77K isn't even that much, compared to how much BP rakes in

Also, Obama allegedly didn't accept donations from corporations. These donations were from employees of BP.

P.S. The company I work for makes political contributions to both sides, which is common practice as I understand it, so that no matter which side wins they have pledged some fiscal support.
Posted: May 6, 2010 8:41 am

And considering that the amount of money in campaigns continues to increase

Also, considering that the Supreme Court ruled that you couldn't cap a corporations political contributions earlier this year.
Posted: May 6, 2010 9:44 am

P.S. The company I work for makes political contributions to both sides, which is common practice as I understand it, so that no matter which side wins they have pledged some fiscal support.

Big companies like to donate money to WINNERS. It was pretty obvious that Obama was gonna beat McCain. Political donors aren't stupid. They wanna give money to the guy who is actually gonna be in power. $ = access.
Posted: May 6, 2010 12:47 pm

Big companies like to donate money to WINNERS.

Well, yeah, if it's obvious but like, in our case, we gave money to both sides of the gubernatorial race.

More importantly, if the $70k was from employees of BP (and not from BP the corporation), how does one donate as an employee as opposed to a private citizen? Is that like when your company says they'll match your donation towards a cause or something?

$70K is not that much at all... I don't think this is even relevant as far as talking about Obama being bought and paid for by BP.
Posted: May 6, 2010 12:56 pm

And considering that the amount of money in campaigns continues to increase,
my point is, while there's obvious political ties to this disaster, it's on both sides of the aisle...dems/rep/indy...whatever.
I'm not going to defend Bush...who's whole existence is tied to oil, but I get sick of the same uninformed yahoo piping up about the last prez when the current prez is just as much to blame as the drill-baby ditz.
As a person who lives on the coast and spends as much time as possible in and on the water, I think the finger-pointing only detracts from the real issue, a totally fucked man-made disaster.
Posted: May 7, 2010 1:51 pm

Also, Obama allegedly didn't accept donations from corporations. These donations were from employees of BP.

More details on Obama and Mary Landrieu's campaign contributions from BP
Posted: May 7, 2010 2:36 pm

The bog reported

Well, since the bog reported it it must be true! Great work NOLA.com editors
Posted: May 7, 2010 2:57 pm

how does one donate as an employee as opposed to a private citizen?

Individuals who exceed the contribution threshold for being reported are required to list their occupation and employer, so there is no difference. If you were a bank teller, who happened to work for BofA, then you would be part of these sorts of totals, as would a CEO, but you are giving directly to the candidate.

PAC money is where the big money comes from and you can assume that the individuals who donate to a specific PAC are behind the PAC's agenda.
Posted: May 7, 2010 7:52 pm

Posted: May 8, 2010 10:08 am

Ha , the lady just came on the news and callied it THE SUMMER OF OIL!!!
Posted: May 8, 2010 10:09 am

BOC can do a song called "this aint the summer of oil"
Posted: May 8, 2010 10:20 am

imperial donkeys!
Posted: May 8, 2010 3:46 pm

Career of Evil might be more appropriate.
Posted: May 8, 2010 3:55 pm

I haven't read the whole thread (for shame, I know) but you can donate human hair and pet hair for clean up efforts through this group.

Loads of salons are also participating, so if you can't send money, maybe it's time to cut your hair?
Posted: May 8, 2010 4:34 pm

My haircut made the 10 oclock news yesterday.
Posted: May 8, 2010 8:04 pm

dome

obviously if ernest borgnine, burt lancaster or george kennedy were in charge of this operation it'd be over by now.
Posted: May 9, 2010 9:10 am

THE SHOULD DROP GOLD BOND FROM A CROP DUSTER ON THE GULF...OR THAT dr SHOLS FOOT ABSORBANT POWDER??? BEATS ANYTHING THEY DONE SO FAR!
Posted: May 9, 2010 9:14 am

just trouble shooting!
Posted: May 9, 2010 9:29 am

Just got word from cusomer at HDW store the the well cap froze and didnt work!
Posted: May 9, 2010 11:46 am

Posted: May 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Posted: May 13, 2010 8:17 pm

fuck! someone? anyone???

https://preview.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126809525&sc =nl&cc=brk-20100513-1917

i'm not gonna page up, but someone earlier commented how long attention to this took and that floors me the most.

BP disputes these results, and maintains there is no reliable way to calculate the flow of oil from a broken pipe.

But, Harris said, the uncertainty could be reduced if BP would share more information with the scientists.

ahhh!
Posted: May 13, 2010 8:32 pm

you did it, no, you did it, no, he did it. bp, haliburton, and transoceanic(aren't they from lost?)
Posted: May 13, 2010 8:49 pm

flight 815 caused it
Posted: May 13, 2010 9:14 pm

seriously, it's the name of the company that BP leased the rig from, and haliburton had just done work on it
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:02 am

maybe we will go to war with England because of this. Shouldn't that be a possibility? Shouldn't they be AFRAID of us?
Oh, but everything's nonchalant, everything's copestic. I'm OK, YOU'RE OK!!!!
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Americans are such NICE LADIES!!!!
Posted: May 14, 2010 8:38 am

How about FIXING THE FUCKING PROBLEM FIRST BEFORE YOU SIT AROUND AND ARGUE ABOUT WHODUNIT AND HOW MUCH OIL IS COMING OUT OF THE FUCKING GROUND. You wanna know how much oil is leaking? A LOT OF FUCKING OIL. NOW FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: May 14, 2010 9:06 am

well said, Martel. I'm sick of inhaling petroleum fumes everytime I walk out the door. This whole neighborhood reeks!
They need to stop arguing about whose fault it is because All of them are to blame.
Posted: May 14, 2010 9:23 am | Edited by: Crystal Lake

No kidding. And the government is at the top of the blame heap. I can't believe they let Big Oil run operations like this with absolutely NO contingency plan! I mean, I believe it, but it's a bummer. Canada is no different. This doesn't seem like an unlikely scenario, yet it looks like nobody ever considered it happening before it blew up.

dome

Maybe Bow Wow was just trying to help?
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:39 am

BPs claim of 5,000 barrels a day is now being disputed by every scientist and environmental agency that's come into the region. New estimations are around the 70,000 barrels a day mark- the equivalent of an Exxon Valdez disaster every four days.

And the attempts to raise the liability cap failed yesterday. BP will probably only pay out the 75 million required by law.
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:38 pm

everybody who drives a car, or has ridden in a car that uses refined oil for fuel, is to blame!

we should all live in Portland, Oregon, ride bikes, eat bacon donuts, and go to vegan stripper bars.
Posted: May 14, 2010 7:10 pm

[i]everybody who drives a car, or has ridden in a car that uses refined oil for fuel, is to blame!

I would gladly accept all the blame for this if I made as much money as these fucks do. They need to step up, admit guilt, fix it, and cough up some serious money, and then never do it again.
Posted: May 14, 2010 7:21 pm

LULZ
Posted: May 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Hippie wimps. It's only oil. Get over it. Birds and turtles are overrated anyways. So is "clean water" and eco-systems. I got yer "eco-system" - hangin'...
Posted: May 17, 2010 4:51 pm

SO ANYWAYS...THEY POURED 50 TRILLION GALLONS OF arnold palmer ON THE SPILL AND ITS DOIN FINE!!!
Posted: May 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Posted: May 19, 2010 10:29 pm

There is no oil leak. Tav Falco just went swimming in the Gulf ,that's all.
Posted: May 20, 2010 2:01 am

uh, he's in EUROPE!
Posted: May 20, 2010 2:52 pm

check this out...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UbtuLjEyVA][/url]

Seems the Coast Guard is working for BP?!?!
Posted: May 20, 2010 2:53 pm | Edited by: skot

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UbtuLjEyVA][/url]
Posted: May 20, 2010 2:54 pm | Edited by: skot

I apparently am not in the know with the link posting, oh well.

check it out if you feel so inclined.
Posted: May 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Posted: May 21, 2010 4:01 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

FUCK AYN RAND IN THE BUTT!
Posted: May 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Rand Paul is truly an asshole.
Posted: May 22, 2010 5:28 pm

"Nature has a way of helping the situation," said BP spokesman John Curry.

I know they have lampposts in New Orleans. The French had a great use for such municipal ornaments.
Posted: May 24, 2010 5:05 pm

My blowout preventer almost failed today.
Posted: May 28, 2010 8:45 am

I got a leak in my water hose today. I threw mud at it all morning, but nothing really slowed down.

Will try throwing tires and tennis balls at it and will report back. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Posted: May 28, 2010 8:47 am

you should try diverting the flow with a straw
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:32 am

OK I JUST TOOK PICS ON MY CELL PHONE OF WHAT HAS TO BE OBAMMA FLYING OVER TO SEE OIL SPILL. TWO ARMY COPTERS AND TWO SHANOOKS (LOUD AS SHIT) FLEW OVER ME WHILE I WAS HIDING NEXT TO THE DUMPSTER SO I DIDNT HAVE TO HELP COSTOMERS...HE'S BEEN HERE FOR TWO DAZE...I GOT PICS BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT THEM UP ON SITE...
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:49 am

eric you should GONER sticker the oil well!!!
Posted: May 28, 2010 10:11 am

^^^^there you go. that's it. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Posted: May 28, 2010 10:29 am

round up the juggalos, stick them in the well. they gotta be big/heavy enough to stop the flow.
Posted: May 28, 2010 11:04 am

eric i sent you the pics...hope you dig em!!!
Posted: May 28, 2010 11:06 am

This just sucks....
Look up the history of the Minerals Management Service and tell me this spill isn't directly due to the fact they failed to require the acoustic switches that are required in many other countries because "they are very expensive".
These switches would have automatically shut off the flow in this case.
I agree that this hasn't received enough attention by the current administration, but facts are facts. And the fact is, it was Bush/Cheney and their oil industry cronies that let BP build without the safety requirements.
Posted: May 28, 2010 11:47 am

this shit probrably even goes back before that even...decades?
Posted: May 28, 2010 11:48 am

i dont really think anyone would have done too much...
Posted: May 29, 2010 1:40 am

SHANOOKS would make a good band name. Or a slang term for boobs.
Posted: May 29, 2010 9:13 pm

What they ought to do is send Ron Jeremy down there. There is no hole he can't fill.
Posted: May 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Top kill FAIL!
Posted: May 30, 2010 2:46 am

BP FAIL!

BP forfeit all proceeds from US offshore drilling!
Posted: May 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Has anyone proposed filling it with Gary Coleman?
Posted: May 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Posted: May 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Oil Spill ticker tracking # of gallons leaked

damn what a downer
Posted: May 31, 2010 8:43 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream3&hpt=T2

live stream is still up, they actually tried to have it taken offline- but hey we have the right to know!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:31 pm

Turns out theres a bigger leak 6 miles away. Seems BP has been playin a "loop" of the oil leaking. hmm....and where is the US NAVY during all of this? don't we have submarines that can handle this with the Army Corp of Engineers? Doesn't make sense...
put on your tin foil hat!

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/05/prominent-oil-industr...y-insid er-theres.html
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:32 pm

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 9:04 am

BP fuckin it up in Alaska again. 100,000 gallons.
Warning: this article will probably make you punch something.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/news/content/view/full/91 000
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 9:16 am

Oh, and a friend of mine printed up some "BPissed" shirts.
$15 postage paid. I think today is the last day to order.

http://luceriffic.blogspot.com/2010/05/taking-orders-for-bpissed-t-shi rts.html
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 11:25 am

Seems BP has been playin a "loop" of the oil leaking

I THOUGHT SO.
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 1:08 pm

and where is the US NAVY during all of this? don't we have submarines that can handle this with the Army Corp of Engineers?

this smacks of the sinking of the kursk when the russians refused help. if the dutch could raise a sunken nuclear sub i bet they, or the norwegains, could cap that leak.
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 1:55 pm

this smacks of the sinking of the kursk when the russians refused help. if the dutch could raise a sunken nuclear sub i bet they, or the norwegains, could cap that leak.

Seriously, what the fuck!
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 9:21 pm

man, this latest round of oiled bird pictures hitting the news is driving me to drink. fucked up.

I will be amazed if this latest scheme to fix the fucking thing actually works. Doubt it will.
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 3:31 pm

latest scheme to fix the fucking thing actually works Even if the cap works, it won't stop the gusher. The cap works in their favor. It will help them retreive the oil that is coming up. Anticipate the gusher flowing till September. FloridOIL will become a "Dead Zone". There will be a mass migration of people moving away. Neighboring cities; Atlanta, Jackson, Memphis, Austin will see population booms. They are talking about Toxic Rain falling from the sky in months to come. Cat. 5 comes along and tosses some of the that sludge in the sky only to have a bolt of lightning torch up the skies. That's what they call "Southern Lights" Are we pulling the National Guard off the Mexican border into the GULF for clean up? My parents went to Florida and all I got was a oil stained t-shirt. BARROLSOFBLOOD.COM
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 5:26 pm

Oil created into aerosol by Cat 3 hurricane, then lightning ignites aerosol = FIRECANE!
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 6:05 pm

FIRENADO APPROACHING LAND!
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 6:12 pm

I told you this would happen.
*munches eucalyptus*
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 12:28 pm

Meteorologists in the local media claim that the oil will not be absorbed into the atmosphere as the Gulf moisture becomes rain. The biggest concern is that a Storm Surge could bring the oil further inland.

Ironically,a larger storm would be more effective in dispersing the spill and breaking it up. A Tropical Storm or lower category Hurricane could do more to get the shit to shore.

So,who's rooting for a new Katrina? This is so fucked up beyond fucking fuck fucked up.
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

Check out these balls of steel.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Check out these balls of steel.

figures he's from texas
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 9:00 am

So,who's rooting for a new Katrina?

Just hope this forecast for next week is wrong. Typically, the ECMWF is the more reliable one:

Hurricane next week in gulf
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 9:24 am

Hey Benwah, how'd you come across that forecast? Not doubting it's legitimacy or anything, just looking for some more info on what they're saying.
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 9:40 am

always looking at them this time of year to see if we're getting any waves coming this way...

This site is pretty good and has a bunch of forecast links.

This dude always has a good weather/tropical outlook.
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 11:29 am

Another controlled crisis like 911. BP CEO dumped a third of his BP stock just before the event. Goldman Sachs (CEO was former BP CEO) dumped 44% of it's BP stock just before the event. Halliburton acquired a leading oil cleanup company just before the event.
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 11:11 pm

always looking at them this time of year to see if we're getting any waves coming this way...

Thanks, that first link(s) is pretty intense, can totally get something out of the second one though. I'll ad them to my collection.

Looks like they've downgraded on the 92L possibility at this point.

Another controlled crisis like 911.

Link?
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 8:44 am

Some of the biggest pieces of shit on the internet...

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/BP
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 9:13 am

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 1:43 pm

This dude always has a good weather/tropical outlook.
Really using and enjoying this blog, thanks!

Here you go Janderass:
I not gonna buy into the 'controlled crisis' angle but those links do make me wonder if that's possibly a typical m.o. among those in the know, when some critical point of the drilling operation is reached. I don't know.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 7:42 am

as predicted a week ago:
Just hope this forecast for next week is wrong. Typically, the ECMWF is the more reliable one:

Hurricane next week in gulf

hopefully Alex keeps a more westerly path
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 4:36 am

since it's been kind of hard to gauge how the "clean-up" is going, I propose that the BP executives prove to us on a small scale how this is working.

1) Line up all the execs in their suits and ties
2) Soak them in oil from head to toe
3) After a little waiting, spray them down with dispersants
4) Dunk them in a holding tank of freezing cold ocean water
5) Use Costner's machine thing to clean the water with!
6) Public trust is restored! We can all go home happy now.
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 5:33 am

and another thing. hasn't Obama been acting like a coward about this?
Obama: "Oh, BP is gunna PAY."
Ooooooh. Scary! Look who's shakin now.
Wish he would focus more on real actions rather than future monetary compensations. Who can really pay for this scale of destruction?
Why don't we go over to Britain and take over one of their countries that they control to replace the Gulf.
And don't you think this oil mess will make it up the Mississippi River somehow?
I bet all the manatees from here to there show up dead.
s o p i s s e d.
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 5:36 am

Wish he would focus more on real actions

we need a leader.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:44 pm

Oil Spill

Yall ain't figured it out yet? It's Cthulu taking a piss.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 1:30 pm

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 11:52 pm

"My Bonnie lies over the ocean, My Bonnie lies over the sea." Wow!! When will it ever end? You guys are gettin' punked yet again. Chris Paul wants to be traded and now this.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®