Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / the treasures of long gone john
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 12:56 am

i finally got the chance to see this great documentary on dvd - i wonder if long gone john still lives in la 'cuz there's a new mailing address on the sympathy site - did he move his museum to washington?
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 12:47 pm

c'mon guys i know you got the answer!
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Last I heard, he was moving to Olympia ... & selling SFTRI:
http://www.laweekly.com/2007-08-09/music/no-sympathy-for-you/
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 1:59 pm

does this movie show any of his wig collection? i heard from cass that he had one.
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 3:12 pm

no wig collection - i think if he made profit from selling records, all the money went into the purchase of paintings by Mark Ryden, Todd Schorr, Camille Rose Garcia, Robert Williams etc. - dunno what to think about it - he released some essential records and his artwork and ads were always awesome - i think he stopped the label at the right time (miss deringer & the ettes ain't my cup of tea to say the least!) - anyway, i really enjoyed the film because i followed the label from start to finnish and it was great to look behind the curtains and into the mind of an extravagant collector!
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 12:42 am

I was always amazed at how many delusional musicians were convinced he was not only gonna make a killing off their single, but that his plan was in place to burn them before a deal was ever signed and a recording ever made. I know of two independent to films that would not have been shot to completion or edited for release (in a reasonable amount of time) without his sizable last minute cash infusions. He's a mensch in my book.
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 7:43 am

I read he moved to Olympia which I didn't figure cauz. K records , and I heard in P-town last year SFTRI could be yours for a quarter mill and how that was a way infalted cost for that catoluge, ?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®