Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Scientology
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 1:59 pm | Edited by: I am the Arm

I've been reading crazings about nannu nannu BS for a few days now...So entertaining!!! Did you know that they fear Psychiatrists and Dr.'s and in LA they have a nightwatch that was ordered to watch for returning spaceships? The craziest thing was that you'll die from pneumonia if you are not authorized to read the history of the mother planet "Xenu"...I'm feeling a sniffle and a sore throat.

Check this out
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 4:07 pm

My thetan can beat up your thetan.
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 5:18 pm

dude, i'm clear.
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 5:27 pm

I read about people like you in Incident II
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 5:51 pm

This place is creepy.

Google maps/Earth coordinates so you can enjoy the giant creepy symbols for yourself: 3531'28.56"N 10434'20.20"W
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 6:12 pm

Insert creepy Theremin sounds here.

Looked up those coordinates what's with the crop circle shit?
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 6:07 am

That's so Xenu will know where to land.
You know, after Travolta grows dreads and makes us mine gold.
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 6:09 am

Also, there's this.
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 9:36 am

Can't think of any other "religion" that has made the choice of LPs over CDs church doctrine.
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 2:52 pm

Charles Manson was into scientology.
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 4:59 pm

so was Van Morrison.

and
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 7:29 pm

Manson found out they were crazy and split.
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 8:02 pm | Edited by: Beer Joint

man, I've been creeping myself out by reading up on IranContra conspiracy and how it's still impacting local organized crime and a corrupt state government.

This is pretty creepy also though. I think the corrupt police dept. will try to kill me before the scientologists try to kill you...but my roommate sister does have that sold out book that they got banned internationally in our case.

If I turn up murdered suspect number one is the CIA, suspect number two is the scientologists, suspects number three and four are Bazooka Joe and BradX....then there's that angry husband that drives by my favorite bar glaring in the window...er...suspect number five is Big Foot.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 12:18 am

i heard hubbard ripped off the ideas for scientology after playing poker w/ asamov & heinlein (and a few others) at a SF convention in the 1940's.
the story is some SF authors were talking theoretically about how to create a new religion in the modern world & a few years later dianetics came out with a buncha those poker game ideas in the book.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 12:36 am | Edited by: mexicajun

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 2:45 am

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

-Response to a question from the audience during a meeting of the Eastern Science Fiction Association on (7 November 1948), as quoted in a 1994 affidavit by Sam Moskowitz.
This statement is similar or identical to several statements Hubbard is reported to have made to various individuals or groups in the 1940s. Variants include:
The incident is stamped indelibly in my mind because of one statement that Ron Hubbard made. What led him to say what he did I can't recall but in so many words Hubbard said: "I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"
L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd A. Eshbach, in 1949; as quoted by Eshbach in his autobiography Over My Shoulder: Reflections On A Science Fiction Era (1983) ISBN 1-880418-11-8
Y'know, we're all wasting our time writing this hack science fiction! You wanta make real money, you gotta start a religion!
As reported to Mike Jittlov by Theodore Sturgeon as a statement Hubbard made while at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society clubhouse in the 1940s.
Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion.
As quoted in the Los Angeles Times (27 August 1978)
Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.
As quoted in the article "Scientology: Anatomy of a Frightening Cult" by by Eugene H. Methvin. Reader's Digest (May 1980)
I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult.
Sam Merwin, Editor of Thrilling Science Fiction magazine Winter of 1946-47; quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Miller
Whenever he was talking about being hard up he often used to say that he thought the easiest way to make money would be to start a religion.
Neison Himmel, briefly a roommate of Hubbard in Pasedena during the fall of 1945, in a 1986 interview, quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Miller
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 9:09 am

Someone explain to me how they get guys like Samuel L. Jackson to become scientologists? I bet it's allot like how they get him to do stinkers like Snakes On A Plane.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 2:14 pm

I did a search to see how Samuel L. Jackson became a Scientologist, and some sites say that that was just a rumor.

He's not on the list of celebrity scientologists on wikipedia...but that's because they skipped the J's. Seems like a cover up to me.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks for helping to kill Isaac Hayes, Scientologist fucks
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 3:18 pm

Someone explain to me how they get guys like Samuel L. Jackson to become scientologists?

create a phony cult-religion for all the big name WASP/cat'lic/british actors to adhere to. its not like studio heads want a black or irish dude converting to judaism.
Posted: Apr 9, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks for helping to kill Isaac Hayes, Scientologist fucks
they didn't help...they just did it.

He either leaked knowledge to outsiders or his outside life and the attention it brought scientology was too much for "the Church" to handle so they handled it their way.

My opinion.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®