Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Corrosion of Conformity!!
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

ANIMOSITY rules!
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I do love that album but my favorite is still the one before it, Eye For An Eye. I need to listen to Animosity again, It's been awhile. Off to itunes!
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Thats a good one too
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm

ANIMOSITY rules!
couple friends of mine had this hardcore cover deal years ago and one of our proudest accomplishments was actually getting through the title track without fucking it up....no easy task for a bunch of punker hacks...and what's that song...first one on side 2 with the crazy bass intro and scream?....oh yeah...Prayer....that kicks elephant ass....might just hafta go blast that right now...
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

You ever stop and think what a badass name Corrosion of Conformity is? One of the greatest band names ever.
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:40 pm

I really like Blind

but I really like Thin Lizzy and Black Sabbath...them other records are good too

NO CORE
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 8:00 pm

technocracy!
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Six Songs with Mike Singing
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 8:53 pm

i wish i still had that stuff
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 9:55 am

told my parents I was going to the movies, but went to the antenna instead in '86 and saw them...awesome!
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 10:13 am

Technocracy is great. got the vinyl. COC rules!
Didn't Shrews open for them with Koma Toast once at the new daisy??
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 11:15 am

Blind...punks turn metal and show metal dudes how it's done.
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 11:48 am

ANIMOSITY rules!

I saw them on that tour at the Rat in Boston. Mind blowing. And damn, those dudes were not into bathing at all.
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 12:03 pm

I still listen to 90's classic Deliverance on a regular basis.

It's best appreciated while piloting a pre-'72 472ci GM Beast on a warm summer's back road.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zpqrdu.jpg

Feels like coming home again.
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 12:45 pm

still listen to 90's classic Deliverance on a regular basis.

Totally! '94-'97 were so sweet cuzza Albatross on the radio all the time.
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 3:17 pm

I've got Six Songs with Mike and Animosity... taking a rare opportunity to play some now... it's weird how 5 year old girls in pink tutu's just don't care for COC. She's pretty angst free... I should feed her a bug or something..
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I met Mike Dean around 1986, he came to me, John Shafer & Bob Durkee's band practice. Gnarls!
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 12:32 am

I just have to mention that I've been listening to both Eye For An Eye an Animosity all day. I think Joe is right. Animosity is the shit.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 1:11 am

animosity. all the way. metal.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am

I remember in high school, this one punker dude being sooo mad when hearing the new COC Animosity...."they're playing that metal shit!"...he was pissed that the dudes like me, dudes that had metallica and slayer logos drawn on our folders were getting into COC
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 10:28 am

how do Goners feel about the Ugly Americans? Simon Bob's previous band, before joing for Technocracy...I dig 'em...still have the 7" but lost my cassette of the LP long ago...
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:55 am

I liked the ugly Americans and saw that incarnation of COC in 1987. It was hardly the worst COC record, considering they are some awful sounding lynyard skynyard now...
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

I grew up here in N.C. and was lucky to see C.O.C a lot during their prime, they were unbeatable when Mike was singing, Simon Bob was awesome, but Mike seemed possessed. They played many great shows, but the standouts in my mind were with Honor Role (who were amazing) and Subculture (also great) that were mind boggling. Any of you guys listen to Honor Role or Penn's (guitar player) next band ButterGlove ? Super weird and powerful.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Citizen just played on my ipod random.

Ugly Americans stuff is okay (what I've heard), kind of dusty sounding.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Ugly Americans were cool. Haven't heard them in years. Got annoyed when some stupid band from Austin started using the name. Now there's even a TV show with same name.

considering they are some awful sounding lynyard skynyard now...

Post-Hardcore COC-- too much reefer + Sabbath = Zzzzzz....

We got Mike Dean's dreads packed away somewhere around here.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®