Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / why the fuck is the stomp cramping gonerfest?
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 8:59 am

I was really hoping to get down to the stomp this year but they just released their dates and it's the same weekend as Gonerfest! Like others on this board I was kinda hoping to do both. Will someone call Ira for me and fix this please?
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 9:47 am

He was here in Memphis a few months ago and was talking about moving the Stomp. I asked when and he said he was thinking about September. I told him to be careful not to conflict with Gonerfest, and he even asked when it was. It seems to me that moving it away from Jazzfest is a bad idea, but to also make people choose between the Stomp and Gonerfest is just kinda stupid.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 10:49 am

I ain't going to neither one of them. Now I can do it in one weekend, yay!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 10:49 am

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again here: If neither is moved, I will drive the 6 hours to Memphis for Gonerfest instead of driving the 6 minutes to the Quarter. I love Ira, but if Scott is right, and Ira moved the Stomp knowing it was the same weekend as Gonerfest, that fucking sucks.

Hopefully, this conflict will be a one-time thing and I'll be able to attend the next 20 Gonerfests and Ponderosa Stomps!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 12:48 pm

Stomp is always in the middle of Jazzfest, right? And Gonerfest is the last weekend in September.

Well, not this year. Ira got some sponsor, moved it out of the Jazzfest week, and that date was where they settled for their festival. He called me up as soon as he realized, but it won't change.

Hoping this is a one-time deal as well! I love the Stomp!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:13 pm

This is bumming me out too. I guess I can understand why he did it, but I really enjoyed the excitement of jazzfest week and the rooms were cheap on Tuesday and Wednesday. I also liked coming up to Memphis after that for the Beale St. Festival (if there was something good) and/or good Hi-Tone shows. It's really putting a crimp in my spring routine.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:24 pm

I was gonna go to the JUGALO'S !!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:27 pm

The trick is in bilocation. Learn how to astrally project yourself and you can attend both.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 6:45 pm

this is just DEVASTATING
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:31 pm

The trick is in bilocation. Learn how to astrally project yourself and you can attend both.

Indeed; I wanna be cloned
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:46 pm

Wasn't there talk of a Memphis to New Orleans monorail being built or did Pscion/Vice pull out?
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 8:21 pm

Indeed; I wanna be cloned

i saw a movie about cloning once, and it turns out that if you get cloned, you have different experiences from what your clone has. your clone could go to a the stomp and have a great time, but you'll just have gonerfest. it's a rule called multiplicity i think.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 8:37 pm

I just can't understand why anyone would plan an event in new orleans in august/september. you're just asking for a hurricane to ruin that shit.

I've been planning on going to gonerfest this year and i'm still sticking to that plan.
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 7:57 am

You still have time to build a glider and learn how to fly it.
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:10 am

At which event would you sell the most coke?
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 11:28 am

Greg ... im goin to HAWAIII for the stomp... wanna roll with me for that?
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 11:29 am

some one is paying KLOMB to rock it... come and sit in!!!
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 11:31 am

well roast apig in the sewer!!!
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 12:25 pm

WOOHOO!
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 6:28 pm

I ain't going to neither one of them. Now I can do it in one weekend, yay!!

You want someone to not keep you company that weekend and drink none of your beer?
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 3:21 pm

i saw a movie about cloning once, and it turns out that if you get cloned, you have different experiences from what your clone has. your clone could go to a the stomp and have a great time, but you'll just have gonerfest. it's a rule called multiplicity i think.

Wouldn't it be just like having an identical twin? What is actually needed is a time machine.
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 3:25 pm

The less people at Goner fest, the more fun I have.
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 5:02 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

oh, i'm definitely going to gonerfest now.

and i'm gonna follow you around the whole time.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®