Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Record Label mailorder service
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 12:07 am

I've been buying pretty much all of my vinyl from Goner. I don't mean to come off as an ass kisser, but their shipping is superfast and the e-mail updates are cool, package tracking and all of that. I wanted something that Goner didn't carry and ordered it from another label. It wasn't bad but it took awhile. I mean it was kind of obvious that whoever had my order let it sit there for at least a week before he even thought about sending it. I was just wondering if you guys could mention some labels that do a good job with mailorder.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:01 am

What kind of music are you looking for?
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:15 am

All forms of garage and punk rock. I want to try out some of the stuff in the New Releases & Stuff For Sale section. If you gave me some labels that have great mailorder I'm sure I could myspace some bands and find something I'd like.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:20 am

I'm just an impatient bastard. I don't want to wait three or four weeks for my records.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Post your email and I'll send you a list of labels / distros to check out. Goner tends to be a first choice due to the quick turn around and the well packaged orders / quality mailers. So, I won't give any free advertising to other labels and distros on their site.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 3:22 pm

That's fair. cole3223@gmail.com

thanks!
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 3:47 pm

hopkins, please hook me up with your list

patrick_mcconnell AT hotmail DOT com
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 4:52 pm

It's extremely crucial that we get that list.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Got it! Thanks again!
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 8:07 pm

goner b.b. rules:

mention any other music retailer except in a negative, sarcastic, or disparaging manner
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm like thopkins, Goner is always my first choice. I'll hear about a band on this board and check out their myspace or whatever and then go to Goner. I just need a piece of shit retailer in case Goner doesn't have it. I hate those others fuckers. I realize that I'll just be throwing my money at retards hoping they send me a record back. Seriously, the Goner service it to good to not go therer first everytime.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:23 pm

thopkins, i'd like that list too,
brighamvicious AT gmail DOT com
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm

good lord the revolution has started
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:33 pm

You know what I want right now! A FUCKING ARMITAGE SHANKS RECORD! I found a place in London but's it's all in pounds, I don't know what the shipping is or which option to pick. It's a hassle chasing this shit down.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:36 pm

dude, remember before the internet you sent a money order off to some dodgy address somewhere and hoped you got something back a month or so later......
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:40 pm

i would be willing to bet that goner is working on getting some ARMITAGE SHANKS in
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:45 pm

I used to do that with SST and Alternative Tentacles. If you got on SST's mailing list they would send you a sampler cassette with a bunch of stuff on it. I remember St. Vitus, Minutemen, Husker Du and all that shit would be on it. When that tape arrived it was happy day to young Cole.

Man, I was a MS hayseed too. I remember working for my uncle hauling hay and listening to that tape all summer on a walkman while driving a tractor.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 1:54 am

dude, remember before the internet you sent a money order off to some dodgy address somewhere and hoped you got something back a month or so later......

yeah, i remember those times... waiting 3 months for a couple of records!
favorite mailorders at the time were Westworld (Toxic Shock) and Get Hip
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 1:49 pm

Is Underground Medicine in CT still around? That's where I bought most of the '90s HEAD records.
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 1:58 pm

barely.
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 4:09 am

wotcha , we have an ep coming out on braindart records (san jose)within weeks. Then another ep on criminal IQ records (chicago) planned for when we arrive in Chicago in september. Also ready to go with a single on damaged goods and an LP on radiowave by the time we get to memphis if not sooner.
Still have back catalogue Cds for sale and working on doing something with the vinyl japan Lps from 15 years ago - i just got the masters back , probably a 2 on 1 .
PLUS - re doing top of the plops and crock of shit Cds which were only available on our previous tours.
What about T shirts?
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 4:11 am

sorry shoulda said , the above relates to Armitage Shanks - or the legendary Armitage shanks which we are now contracturally obliged to call ourselves in our 20 th year
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 10:40 pm

DUTCH COURAGE!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 12:13 am | Edited by: Cole

wotcha , we have an ep coming out on braindart records (san jose)within weeks. Then another ep on criminal IQ records

I'm gonna buy me some Legendary Armitage Shanks records. PARTY!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 9:20 am

Motherfucker mentions Armitage Shanks and who should show up? I've been dropping Chain Gang on here for years and NOTHING.

CHAIN GANG!
CHAIN GANG!
CHAIN GANG!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 9:32 am

DICK SCUM!!!! Yeah baby! Can't wait for September!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 5:23 pm | Edited by: Cole

Maybe I have the magic touch. Let me give it a go.

CHAIN GANG!
CHAIN GANG!
CHAIN GANG!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 7:34 pm | Edited by: I am the Arm

whoever had my order let it sit there for at least a week before he even thought about sending it.

Maybe it was a girl, sexist pig.
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 8:47 pm | Edited by: Cole

Maybe it was a girl, sexist pig.

you might be right........that bitch should quit watching Oprah and get her ass to work.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®