Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Fake punk songs
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

My friend Jared played this on his radio show the other night, and it is still stuck in my head. What other "fake" punk songs are floating around out there?
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:06 pm

anything that MISS Linda does not play on
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias - kill
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:29 pm

QUEEN HATERS
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Hardly fake, very real. "Big Mac" is also crucial from the B-side of this, the gayest, punkest and most pleasurable of all the Village People albums. "Lunch is so boring." That's some punk shit to say, eating is far from boring to me and my kin.

Surf Punks immediately comes to mind. Their first LP has some serious, sparkly magick sprinkled all over it. Especially the bass, that is exactly how a studio bass should sound. I could go on for weeks with my limited knowledge of this sub-sub genre of my favorite stuff. The internet fucked my mind up when instant friends here posted such shit as the Puke Spit & Guts and Rokker links aeons ago in interenents time.

The worst fake punk is prolly the Casualties but their Hepatitis is real. TOTAL CHAOSssssssssssssssssss.
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias - kill

not to mention "Fuck You"/ "Thank You" and "Teenager In Schtuck" too; I've always maintained that they wrote better songs than some real punk bands did

How about the entire Christ Child album?! More or less Buddah bubblegum taken into the punk era
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Gotta love Star Whores!
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 9:32 pm

This is better.

Posted: Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Gotta love Star Whores!

Well yeah; never said I didn't love it, but more partial to "Five Finger Exercise" myself
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 7:55 am

QUEEN HATERS

One of my all time favorite sctv skits.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 9:11 am

rad!

does anyone know the sctv skit with levy as a disco dancer and he progressively gets hairier? i need to see that one again.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 9:35 am

still unbeaten

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 10:27 am

How about the entire Christ Child album?! More or less Buddah bubblegum taken into the punk era

LOVE that record. Don't forget Helen Keller and Freestone.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 11:08 am

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 12:21 pm

F.U.2.

It's just the Downliner Sect. But it's 1977 and they're pretending not to be garagey geezers from the 1960s and manage to bang out in the studio some of the most heartfelt fake punk rockery of all motherloving time. Harmonica player and organ in full effect.

F.U.2. - Move Around. Just listen to that fucking booshit organ. A whole LP chock fulla this bar band of mid 30's dudes making sexy music.

F.U.2. - Rock Club (Down The Roxy) is pretty much exactly where your mind should be to appreciate any and all music that falls under the umbrella of punk rock. A band making fun of you and themselves and having a super time. "I'll have your drawers down." Yes.

This is the finest of all the fake punk rock albums in my collection and one of my favorite records ever. It beats out AC/DC's Powerage most weeks.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 12:36 pm

what los Punk Rockers budget fake Never Mind The Bollocks LP? what's better than that?
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 1:01 pm

what los Punk Rockers budget fake Never Mind The Bollocks LP? what's better than that?

I like Weird Al as much as the next guy.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 1:51 pm

so much awesome on this thread
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Hardly fake, very real. "Big Mac" is also crucial from the B-side of this, the gayest, punkest and most pleasurable of all the Village People albums. "Lunch is so boring." That's some punk shit to say, eating is far from boring to me and my kin.

Don't forget "Diet," it's essential between "Big Mac" and "Food Fight," an epic trilogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_%28Village_People_album%29
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 5:27 pm | Edited by: littlemisslinda

Hayyyyy miss bruce,
here's some fake ass R&R

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 5:36 pm | Edited by: littlemisslinda

Check out the school girl's dance moves!

at 2:12!

Now learn em'!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:04 pm

anything put out by Green Day
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:39 pm

I always thought fake punk rock was Spinal Tap.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Uh, but, uh, green day's not punk rock, wes.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:53 pm

best "fake" punk rock ever.
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:55 pm

drunkest miss linda EVER!!!
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Awesome!
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 5:59 am | Edited by: Laurent Bigot

Surf Punks immediately comes to mind.

what's fake about that?

Posted: Feb 28, 2010 10:50 am

Surf Punks - My Beach Go home.

Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye Fake punk horn section.

Pain - I Dig Pain Bill Forsythe is the best dude. The Quincy and C.H.i.P.s punk episodes were highly formative to me when I was 10 in 1984.
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 12:58 pm

After that Quincy episode originally aired my mom was really concerned about the music I listened to. I told her I didn't listen to punk rock but new wave.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:27 pm

Screaming Fist- Viletones
Pink Cake - Bologna Heads (?)
Horizontal Action- Psycho Surgeons
I see you on a path - Final Solutions
My Babe - Foghat
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 2:33 pm

i hate you.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 3:56 pm

John Otway - Headbutts

The Monks - Johnny B. Rotten

Crucial Youth - Positive Dental Outlook

The Meatmen - Blowjobs Ain't Cheating
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 6:36 pm

Baloneyheads "I'm A Drunk" is one of the best of this genre. Ed O. made a strong case for Fear on here having chops and dumbing it down to be punkles which I been agreeing with. I think that Nazi Dog from the Viletones really was that dumb. My idear of poster child look of fake punkers is PVC or Big Balls & The Great White Idiot. The Germans know how to look like White Flag without sounding like it.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:28 pm

John Dowie- "Mew Wave", entire lyric of which ah go:

"He likes the Pistols, he likes the Ramones
He spits on The Beatles and The Rolling Stones
He cuts his throat when he has to swallow
Could it be the razor blade hanging off his collar?
I'm a pussycat, he's a punk rocker
Yo..."

I don't think Big Balls & The Great White Idiot were at all fake, but I love their stuff to death. Tried to listen to PVC 'pon Micepiss over there and just couldn't get with them at all; maybe I'd like their older stuff better- most of what was on there appeared to be more recent
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:32 pm

Spock<Epic Beard Man.

Punk am not Motherfucker.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm listenin to the damned right now...can't think of none.
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 12:01 am

If ever a thread called for it, this is it:

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 12:10 am

Garbage- Bend Over Beethoven

not to be confused with Shirley Manson's band of some 20 years later
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:43 am

Screaming Fist- Viletones

That made me laugh out loud. I spent an unfortunate amount of time around that clown "back in the day" and just yesterday, finished reading "Treat Me Like Dirt".
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:51 am

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:53 am

It's just the Downliner Sect. But it's 1977 and they're pretending not to be garagey geezers from the 1960s and manage to bang out in the studio some of the most heartfelt fake punk rockery of all motherloving time. Harmonica player and organ in full effect.

The "Showbiz" 45 under their own name on Raw Records stands the test of time. Someone might have been band-wagon jumping, but it's a far more listenable record than a mitt-full of similar records that flooded the import bins.
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 10:07 am

Someone might have been band-wagon jumping, but it's a far more listenable record

Bomp mag c'74 mention the Downliners Sect as a punk band (as long as one accepts that punk can be extended to brit bands)
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 10:50 am

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 12:34 pm

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 1:53 pm

The Greatest Rock n Roll Swindle soundtrack has many prime cuts of fake punk that should not be overlooked just because you've had it forever or it has a 9.8 review on Pitchfork. longtime tenpole tudor fan. ronnie biggs! the best tracks, "lonely boy" and "silly thing" covers, are not fake nor punk just killer. beware a chequered past LP though!
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 1:59 pm

ronnie biggs!
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 2:11 pm

pre-dating spinal tap(..and way more metal than punk, but still...) How come no one ever gives Bad News any love? Well, I love you Bad News!

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 4:23 pm

does anyone know the sctv skit with levy as a disco dancer and he progressively gets hairier?
From Lee Iacocca's Rock Concert (SCTV):
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 6:08 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

Mean Red Spiders!!!! Thanks for that.

Ronnie Biggsworth & 1/2 of the Sex Pistols - No One Is Innocent even though he's orrible.

Tenpole Tudor - Wunderbar real wrong

Bobby Soxx & Platinum Paul of the Skuds - Dead Dogs + Battle Zone not fake punk by any means, Platinum Paul and Bobby Soxx?!!?, but I was looking for an online version of "I Wanna Pee Pee In The Disco Mommy" by the Teenage Queers and found that nugget.

Teenage Queers - I Wanna Pee Pee In The Disco Mommy there it is. They can barely sing it without laughing. Genius Edition Trivial Pursuit shit. Not fake punk and definitely not nice. I need a copy of that live LP hoarders, cough it up.
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 5:25 am

The Pack
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 7:16 am

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 2:47 pm

The internet fucked my mind up when instant friends here posted such shit as the Puke Spit & Guts and Rokker links aeons ago in interenents time.

Useless, does this mean you don't like puke spit and guts?
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 5:59 pm

In mine own words, yes. Queer Cuts for everybody.
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 6:30 pm

You ain't never gonna fuck me in my ass!!!

Luv Marie Manslaughter
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 7:55 pm

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 10:22 pm

I wanna pee pee in the disco mommy!
Posted: May 6, 2010 9:55 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®