Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bought any records lately?
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 10:24 pm | Edited by: Cole

Just wondering what records people have bought. Maybe get some ideas.

I just got Oblivians...play nine songs with Mr. Quintron last week. Great record.
I just ordered a couple of 7" tonight. Super Wild Horses- I Was Blind, I'm really inerested in these Aussie bands coming to Gonerfest. Little Johnny & The Silvertones, I saw this on sale and then listened to it online. Great drinking song. Awesome lyrics.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 12:26 am

The Rebel - Hulk Whatever . Not sure if it's a very slow grower or an ablum with not enough good ideas. Considering either resale or buy more pot. Really on the fence here but I do know that it DOES NOT contain the expected Wallers vitrol. Cole, buy some Country Teasers.

Spits/Dan Melchior Split . Bought two of these so I could play both songs at the same time. Great layout too!

CheVeu - Rob's House Single . Late to the party here but it's fuckin' great to discover another version of 'Lola'!
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 2:22 am

too poor. a band came through here a few weeks ago called "woodsman" gave me their record. its pretty nice
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 2:40 am

spits / melchior 7"
desperate bicycles lp
moolah lp
nww chance meeting lp reissue
low flying aircraft 7"
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 7:44 am

I've been listening to some Country Teasers online. I WANT. Sadly Goner only has CDS. I think I'll get the Fat Possum lp. Thanks for the tip.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 8:03 am

goner, you selling the spits/ melchior split? just hearing about this now. i want.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 9:20 am

BJ, I think the only place you can order it is from Dan, here. It's a Scion/Vice promo thing, no idea how many there are so, act now?
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 9:38 am

the last couple of weeks, The Wildebeests' The Gnus of Gnavarone on Dirty Water Records has been on constant rotation over here. Fuck, what a great record!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:07 am

moolah lp

Is that a reissue of the 60s/70s psych LP? Great!

Hank IV on Siltbreeze
Francis Harold & the Holograms LP
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:10 am

buncha great soul 45s, tony conn's "like wow" 45 on decca (great rockabilly/ novelty/ big itch style hit), and this lp, which is worth reading about:

http://freqazoidiac.blogspot.com/2007/06/music-for-dance-crowd-lp.html
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:13 am | Edited by: Cole

The Wildebeests' The Gnus of Gnavarone

Fuck, I'm listening to this and it's great. I shouldn't have started this thread. I'm gonna mess up my budget. Screw it, income tax refund is around the corner.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:50 am

desperate bicycles lp

did you guys get these IN?!?!!?

I need one!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 11:24 am

anyhoo we've recently acquired (here and abroad)

*Roky Erickson & the Aliens - Evil One 2LP
*Ivy Green LP
*Dicks - Kill From the Heart LP (SOOOOO glad to finally have this on vinyl)
*Blossom Toes - We are Ever So Clean
*Los Shains - Doceana 3
*Milan - Hell Bent For Leather lp (awesoooome)
* The Crystals - He's Rebel lp
*Flower Pot Men - Midsummer Dreaming lp (Beahc Boys-esque 60s pop)
*Vermillion Sands - Miss My Gun 12"
*Circuit Rider lp (I'm still on the fence about this one)
*Los Brincos - Contrabando (60's Spanish pop band - GET THIS at any cost!)
*She - Outta Reach lp (primitive as fuck - awesome!)
*Master's Apprentices - A Toast To Panama Red lp (a little too proggy for my tastes - Jack Stands please take notice)
*The New Dawn - There's A New Dawn (kinda same-y)
*Wizz Vol 2 lp comp ( 60's Psychedelic French pop - holy balls this is great)
*Tinkerbell's Fairydust s/t lp (60s pop-psych : as twinkle-ding-dong as the name sounds in the most awesome way!)
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 2:18 pm

bought 3 releases the last couple of days during the film fest in Rotterdam:

Ramwhale - CLAW HAMMER: owned this on cd for years, now finally on vinyl - still a mighty record! (5,00 EUR)

Kaushiki - KAUSHIKI CHAKRABARTY: i saw Kaushiki - one of India's greatest young female vocal talents - a few years ago in Antwerp - no need for dope with mindblowing music like this! (5,00 EUR instead of 29,00 EUR for a 3cd = hee-haw!!!)

SALVO OF 24 GUNSHOTS: TRIBUT TO GUN CLUB: too many french bands with bad english accents but still a great tribute w/ bands like Cool Jerks, Demolition Doll Rods, DM Bob And The Deficits (great cover of Mother of Earth!!), The Fatals, The Dirtbombs, Andy G and the Roller Kings etc. (15,00 EUR instead of 25,00 EUR for a gatefold 2lp = hee-haw again!!!)
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 4:23 pm | Edited by: eric o

spits / melchior I got from Dan the man himself.

get your desp bicycles from fusetron... 1 per customer. don't know the source, but it's cheap and easy- go do it!

moolah lp iis the psych reissue... fun stuff.

We should have Country Teasers "Destroy All Human Life" lp in stock... I'll check Monday. All In The Red CT lps look to be unavailable right now.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 4:35 pm

We should have Country Teasers "Destroy All Human Life" lp in stock

everyone here needs this lp. my fave of theirs.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 7:34 pm

Just listened to 'Incredible Hulk' Side one on 45. Liked it better.

My girl calls it 'Crazotica', at any rate it's not much like this.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:11 pm

"Destroy All Human Life"

"I sentence you to five years in bed..."
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:18 pm

Who did the Moolah reissue? I know someone I want to tell about it.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:25 pm

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:59 am

extra 30 minutes of material...

hello... come on... hook me up!
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 8:51 am

I got one of the worst LPs Ive heard in a long time:
Schloss S/T (I suppose the little portable at Goner plays a bit distorted, so it ended up giving this LP some "life" it doesnt really have on a few seconds of needle drops...its actually some sub-par boogie rock...dang)
and one of the best ive heard in a while:
Sadistic Mika Band S/T from '73...love me some jap rock
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:27 pm | Edited by: dont wanna be a fat boy

Sadistic Mika Band S/T from '73...love me some jap rock

Yeah; Sadistic Mika Band kicks ass. I didn't know for a long long time that the "sadistic" part referred to Mika being a terrible cook.

Nurse With Wound- Chance Meeting Of An Umbrella And A Sewing Machine On A Dissecting Table
Porter Wagoner- The Rubber Room
Spits- Spits IV (School's Out)
Harmonia- Live 1974
Alan Milman Sect- Stiches In My Head- 30th Anniversary
Vince Taylor- Jet Black Leather Machine
Stretchheads- Pish In Your Sleazebag
Raymilland- Recordings '79- '81
Samandtheplants- The EFT
Manipulation demo

I haven't gotten them yet but, judging by the show last night, the Daylight Robbery singles would be a good investment too
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:30 pm

and one more; how could I forget

World Domination Enterprises- Let's Play Domination
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 9:43 pm

Stretchheads- Pish In Your Sleazebag

That's a GREAT album.
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 10:40 pm

That's a GREAT album.

Yes indeed, but apparently not too easy to find; dug up a sealed LP at Apop in St. Louis and the CD's on its way from Inglan right about now. "Acid Sweeney" LAMF up in here; Eyeball Origami Aftermath Wit Vegetarian Leg and suchlike.
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 10:48 pm

I've got the 23 Skinner 12", Barbed Anal Exciter 10" and a seven inch with Afghanistan Bananistan. I think that's the discography right there. There are a couple good youtube videos.
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 11:32 pm

Right; that was the 7" I was talking about. There's also the first album, which is called Five Fingers, Four Thingers, A Thumb, A Facelift And A New Identity. Never see that one for sale or even bid anywhere and the record company wanted some insane sum to buy the tapes back, so Stretchheads themselves encourage downloading it. I actually did and I'd describe it as sounding something like The Ex playing really fucked up hardcore.

The CD I mentioned has the 7" and 23 Skinner stuff as bonus tracks on it
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 9:35 am | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

Life is good, found a copy of Jerusalem S/T on Deram from '72 for less than half of what it goes for....
also scooped Mushroom "Crying for you" 45...amazing hard rock/proto metal...shame they only recorded this 45 and nothing else:
http://www.divshare.com/download/10416212-d9b
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 11:06 am

Eric
Do you have that Spits 7" at the store?
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey ,are you guys gonna get any of those Mentor's "Oblivion Train" 7"ers? I think it just came out. There is one on ebay, but as much as I like the Mentors I just can't bring myself to spend 12$ on a single that just came out.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 1:20 pm

no on the spits.

Sadistic Mika Band S/T from '73...

great record, i still don't have that... jap / prog / punk?

just bought a shitload of stuff off of a store i found via gemm... lots of mislabeled stuff for not cheap, but not as much as it should be. some for the store but a lot for meeeee!

will report back soon.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 1:21 pm

oh yeah, i think we do have that mentors single, and it's 12 bucks. it's not bad, but maybe best thing about it is the photos of the young mentors. will put it up on the cart for anyone who needs it.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 2:18 pm

Why is it so spendy?
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 2:40 pm

great record, i still don't have that... jap / prog / punk?

Not really; I'd say more like Japanese glam rock, or most of it is anyway. "Time Machine" off the second album- s/t in the States and Black Ships elsewhere- always reminded me of Blondie, but two years before Blondie; rest of the record gets kinda out there, but in a great way. Third record- Hot Menu- is actually in English, but is sorta strange/ not-too-good jazz fusion-ish doings if I recall. Glad to hear somebody else likes them too.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 2:48 pm

but is sorta strange/ not-too-good jazz fusion-ish doings if I recall.

yeah, not good at all, more of a really really bad Japanese version of Cold Blood, ...I suppose this is why that hippy J. Cope calls them "shit" in his japrock sampler...but then again, some of the stuff that guy champions is garbage to my ears...one man's trash...
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 3:05 pm

re: sadistic mika- i've heard it... some good stuff, as i remember. kinda japanese roxy music, at least at first?

we had/have a live album that doesn't do it at all, but seems like it was a cool tour.

mentors single put out by people who don't know that people won't spend 12 bucks for a mentors single. bummer.

i'm still upset singles aren't all 4 bucks.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 6:17 pm

i'm still upset singles aren't all 4 bucks.

mee too - its logistically impossible.

unless you want to lose money.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 6:19 pm

Did you check to see if you had that Country Teasers album in stock? I like the service at Goner so I try to order from you guys if possible. I'll get it from Fat Possum if you guys don't have it. By the way, if anyone cares (I'm sure no one does) my hick town made it into the NEW YORK TIMES!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/us/07beer.html
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 7:59 pm

yeah, we're out.

we do have

COMPANY (ben wallers solo)
THE REBEL (ben wallers solo again)

and
COUNTRY ROCKERS (no relation to ben wallers, but brilliant memphis broke-down country stuff!)
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 4:23 pm | Edited by: Cole

I got some great 7" inches in the mail yesterday. I'd like to mention the UV Race Maleria 7". Not only is it great but they do a cool thing on the inner sleeve. Basically the lead singer writes about what inspired the songs and gives some background on each one. It was fun listening to the record and reading it. i know alot of bands post here, so I'm just saying, I'd like to see more of that.
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 5:16 pm

marcus does the samething on the album as well
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 2:04 pm

I've really been listening to this Little Johnny and the Silvertones 7" alot. I want to buy something else old school, but with a Memphis flavor. Any Ideas?
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 1:37 am

bought one of the late model human eye records
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Accused - Archive Tapes dbl lp - As awful and awesome as I'd hoped. Many muddy rippers and a few I guess are from the board where it's just guitar and vocals. Hope Goner gets the rest of the Splatterhead stuff (don't want to pay $200 on eBay).

Cococomas - Spectrum of Sound lp - Is this really only 60 printed?

Rot Shit Hipster Grandma 7"
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 4:40 pm | Edited by: cococomas

Cococoma - Spectrum of Sound lp - Is this really only 60 printed?

the ones with the screen printed bomb just might be, yes.
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Your package is slick. I'm sure Lisa tells you all the time, though.
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Your package is slick. I'm sure Lisa tells you all the time, though.

no, not really.... >sniffle<...
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Hope Goner gets the rest of the Splatterhead stuff (don't want to pay $200 on eBay).

Check your gmails...
Posted: Feb 16, 2010 11:46 am

Great records listed above! Nice! I don't really buy records anymore, but I download/purchase plenty. I'll share some i've collected in the last few months in the hope that maybe somebody will benefit.

Dan Melchior und das Menace- Thankyou Very Much 2xLP. I can't stop listening to this record. Menacing, witty, scathing, beautiful, melodious, dissonant, soothing, inspirational, and just plain F-U-N! Dan M. is the real deal. A musical genius, for real. Everything with his name on it is worth your time.

Cheveu- S/T LP. Really fantastic! Totally original! "Happiness" may be the greatest love song of all time!

Cheater Slicks- Bats in the Dead Trees LP. One hell of an epic dirge! Weep-worthy. Greatest band on this planet, no contest.

Billy Bao- Dialectics of Shit LP. Unreal. Grungier than Nirvana! My favorite record cover art of the last ten years. Noisy and hateful.

Andrew Klimek- Afterbathinginturpentine EP.

Versatile Newts- Newtrition 7"

Antler Joe and the Accidents- Go Commercial EP

Tyvek- S/T LP

Typhus- Flexi

Treatment- Stamp Out Mutants 7"

Carsickness- Police Dog EP

Cococoma- Everything!

Come- Come 1 7"

SPK's first three EPs

The newest Spits LP

Sparks- Exotic Creatures of the Deep LP. Best Sparks since No. 1 In Heaven!

Sarah Coffman- S/T EP

The Rings- I Wanna Be Free 7"

The Reflections- 4 Countries 7"

Red Transistor- Not Bite 7"

AK79 Comp. LP

The Prats- 1990's Pop EP

The Popes/Jackson Zumdish 7"

Pleemobielz- Dagenlane Balen EP

Pin Point- Richmond 7"

The Petticoats- S/T EP

Opus- Good Procedures 7"

The Oh Sees- The Master's... WOW!

Nancy Sesay and the Melodaires- C'est Fab EP

Liimanarina- All

The Lasters- Idiot Jerk Parade

Il Ya Volkwagens- Kill Myself 7"

The Hoax- All

Hex Dispensers- Everything

Group Inerane- Guitars from Agadez

Good Missionaries- Deranged in Hastings 7"

Gas- Compressed Gas EP

The Filth/Discharge 7" EP

File Under Pop- Heathrow EP

Yeah, stuff like that.
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 12:33 am | Edited by: Cole

I've been buying alot of stuff. I've been checking out the bands mentioned in various threads. The Gonerfest thread is a good one. I got the Overnight Lows lp and the los buddies 7" and I love both of them. I love it when the records have mp3 codes in them. I get to listen to the bands at work all day. Both of those records have them.
Here are some records I've ordered that haven't come in yet.
Sonic Chicken 4 s/t lp
The Guinea Worms- lost and found 7"- If I really dig this I'm gonna grab that dbl lp
Charlie and The Moonhearts- Real Hot breakers 7'
Dan Melchior- 7" split with The Fresh and Onlys
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 2:07 am

wreckless eric whole wide world 7" on stiff
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 10:28 am

Luther Dickinson gave me a vinyl copy of SOUTH MEMPHIS STRING BAND featurin Alvin Youngblood, Luther, and Jimbo Mathis a couple days ago...
It's fucking INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! You must buy this

http://www.songsillinois.net/2010/01/south-memphis-string-band-home-sw eet-home-memphis-international-records-jan-19/

DTRAIN COMMANDS THIS!
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

Got the Tarheel Slim Number 9 Train/Wildcat Tamer 45 on Fury for nothing on Ebay, just had to pay for shipping. The guy ended the auction early, I was watching it so I asked him why and then he offered to mail it to me if I payed just for the shipping. Crazy!!!
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 5:13 pm

I don't know how many he has but if you order a record from Dan Melchior he'll send you the spits/ melchior split free. Just got mine. awesome.
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 5:27 pm

kinda japanese roxy music, at least at first?

I can't be bothered to dig it up to check, but didn't Phil Manzanera produce the the second album?

I haven't bought anything other than scratchy old 45s in months, but picked up the Pierced Arrows "Paranoia" 45 at the show the other night. Great song/ bad pressing? - noisier than some of the aforementioned 45s.
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 11:05 pm

some of the records I've bought.

Sonic chicken 4 s/t lp
Guinie Worms- Savage records 7"
Trouble In Mind- Charlie and The Moonhearts 7"
Dan Melchior/Fresh and Onlys/ split
melchior/spits split (free)
Useless Eaters Death View 7"

Not a bad record in the bunch, in fact they're all pretty great.
Posted: Mar 6, 2010 3:57 pm

Trouble In Mind- Charlie and The Moonhearts 7"

I consider ourselves lucky we got those tunes - "Real Hot Breakers" is a JAM!

Can't wait for their LP on TicTacTotally this fall - JEALOUS. Wish we coulda put it out...
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 7:11 pm

bought a shitload of records recently but the one gettin played over and over is the Heavy Metal Kids S/T...slept on this for far too long...great!
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Neccessary Evils Spider Fingers
James Aurthur Manhunt
Night Terrors ($6.99 LP, figured, what the hell; should've got that Pack LP, though)
Accused Martha Splatterhead still isn't in, BUT,
I DID get a nifty package of Accused and Rejectors stuff and some Aussie DVDs from this really rad dude out west.
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Also, picked up another copy of the GFIV dvd/cd because I took my copy down to be proudly hung at the studio.
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 9:22 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

finds from a few hours worth of digging in about 30 dollar-bin boxes today:

blackbyrds "city life" with the funk classic "rock creek park"

joe loco "puto rico '68" great boogaloo exploitation lp

mauricio smith "bitter acid" here's the cover/ description from dusty groove (but mine is in MONO!):
http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=skpfhcmvx6

herbie mann "our mann flute" upgrading from a vg to way cleaner and from stereo to mono too! lemme know if you wanna trade for something similar in the 60s go-go realm. my lesser copy is still a great player for clubs, etc

perez prado & rosemary clooney "touch of tabasco" (mint/ spare available for trade)

george williams "the fox in hi-fi" crazy cover of a guy conducting in a fox suit wearing headphones- cool 50's "rock'n'roll" big band soundtracky stuff sounds like it's from a swinging' scene in a j.d. flick.

the moog machine "switched-on rock" with the break from the beastie boys "get it together" replacing a long ago sold copy

buddy morrow "double impact" same as above minus the beastie boys break

black sabbath "sabotage"

ac/dc "let there be rock"

herbie mann "the family of mann"

and a triple-cd promo i got for my dad:

"and this is maxwell street" killer live '64 chicago blues comp with andria lisle's phone number on the cover!
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 9:39 pm

oh yeah, and the dead kennedys "halloween" french 12".
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

The Ones - You Haven't Seen My Love (Fenton)

also,
wreckless eric whole wide world 7" on stiff
I just booked Wreckless Eric & Amy at the Majestic Cafe in Detroit on June 24.
Come on out!
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

You guys make me miss my old record collections. Nothing like ripping the plastic off some new cardboard, the smell of pulling that slab out and the static electricity, ever so carefully placing it on the turntable. Man it was like a ritual, almost sexual.
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 7:48 am

PERVERT!
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 7:49 am

"puto rico '68"

that's "PUERTO rico" by the way.

Puto... HA!
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 2:40 pm

i got a reissue copy of RF7's "Act of Defiance" 7-inch from Punk 'n Vomit a couple weeks ago. "Chainsaw Love Affair" - soooo good.
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 12:36 am | Edited by: Cole

Here'a what I've bought recently.

Pierced Arrows- Decending Shadows- Love this album. What should I track down from Dead Moon?

Thee Oh Sees- Help -great freakout guitars

Airflix Kits 7"- It's growing on me.

Goodnight Loving 7" "Nothing Conquers Us" is already song of the year in my world.

I"v ordered and waiting on Ty Segall - lemons lp as well as his new Goner 7"

I also ordered Thora-Zine #8 with the Oblivans on the cover from ebay.
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 1:48 am

Ty Segall - lemons lp
yes.

new Goner 7"
Hell yes.
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 7:55 am

I also got the Gonerfest IV dvd about a week ago as well. I bought it because I'm planning on going to Gonerfest 7 and wanted a look at what Gonerfest was like. I did not expect i to be so well done. I've really enjoyed it.
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 9:05 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

LAMPS and MAYYORS make a fabulous pair when you get home from the record shop...bring THE OH SEES into the mix and it was a fabulous threeway triple penetration extraveganza for my ears to witness.
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 12:07 am

I've been buying up some shit.

Oblivians- Soul Food- Classic.

Crusaders of Love- Never Grow Up- I've been in the mood for stuff like this. Fun stuff. It's great to listen to on a day when your in a good mood. Really good.

Crocodiles- Neon Jesus 7"- I bought this purely because it looked cool with great packaging. Wrong move. I'm not really feeling it. It seems a little to "Hipsterish". Not really bad, just not into it.

I've got a bunch of stuff on the way.

I ordered 5 Trouble In Mind 7"s. Taking advantage of the free shipping offer.

I ordered a Spits album S/T.....one of them.

I ordered a couple of things from Douchemaster, The newest Hex Dispensers and the Apache 7".

Anyone know what's up with Apache? I really like the songs on their Myspace, but I can't find anything from them but the 7". Are they even still together?
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 12:26 am

Oh yeah! I forgot The People's Temple 7" from Certified PR! I can't believe I forgot it because I have been playing the hell out of it. I love that record.
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 12:41 am

me ansd the wifer=]] got a stack of 45w tonight thstcSLAY. YEHA@
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 12:59 am

I ordered a Spits album S/T.....one of them.

Would that be Nickel And Dime Steal Your Music, Wheelchair, Robot or School's Out there sir?! PS Apache have an album out on Birdman, which I believe is called Boomtown Hits.

as for me...

Timmy's Organism- I'm A Nice Guy Now 7"
Jimmie Rodgers- Country Music Legends Volume 1 LP
The Red Crayola- Soldier-Talk LP (and fucking great it is too!!)
The Archies- Everything's Archie LP
Daily Void- The Eclipse Of 1453 EP
Thee Mighty Caesars- Live In Rome LP
Venetian Snares- Meathole CD
Moolah- Woe Ye Demons Possessed CD
Eddy Current Suppression Ring- Rush To Relax CD (obviously?)

Mighty Caesars LP isn't a new purchase; I just finally got around to listening to it after, uh, eight years or something?! I don't take my time or anything like that, now do I?
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 1:36 am

Not Boomtown Hits; it's Boomtown Gems, but it is on Birdman
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 12:58 pm

Not Boomtown Hits; it's Boomtown Gems, but it is on Birdman

Thanks!
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 10:30 pm

finally got a copy of The Bad Boys "Black Olives"...thats a tough one to turn up, didnt think it would be since it is on Paula, but 4 years later it finally crosses my path...and I completed my King Coleman on togo collection, got em both now. Also got Sammy Ward "Dont take it away", killer early Motown...
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 5:46 pm

Metallica- Ride the Lightning.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 5:51 pm

Mondo Bizaro-Ramones
Texas Funeral-Jon Wayne

I ain't bought em' they're just "new again".

They both SUCK!!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 6:16 pm

i've had that before, and for probably a dollar. wonder where it went?
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 8:06 pm | Edited by: joseph t

Art Ensemble of Chicago- Message To Our Folks
Swell Maps- Jane From Occupied Europe (original!)
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 11:12 pm

Oh yeah! I forgot The People's Temple 7" from Certified PR! I can't believe I forgot it because I have been playing the hell out of it. I love that record.

Here's the People's Temple playing a LOVE cover ("My Flash on You") in my basement a couple years ago.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 11:20 pm

Here's the People's Temple playing a LOVE cover ("My Flash on You") in my basement a couple years ago.

Yeah, I found that video. It's great. That must have been a cool ass time at your house that night. Awesome band. I want an lp.
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 7:44 am

Eddy Current LP and 7" en route!! Can't wait!

Also lately that have been good...

Guinea Worms!!
Nurse With Wound- Musty odor of pierced rectums LP
Cromagnon reissue LP
Little Claw- Human Taste LP
Beefheart- Clear Spot LP
Outer Spacist CDR club 7" rules!
Grong Grong LP
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 3:53 pm

Tutu & The Pirates- Sub-urban Insult Rock For The Anti/Lectual LP

Arrived yesterday and has pretty well owned the turntable ever since
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 11:36 am

Anyone know what's up with Apache? I really like the songs on their Myspace, but I can't find anything from them but the 7". Are they even still together?

don't know if they're still together, but Birdman put out an LP of their stuff a couple years ago:

http://www.birdmanrecords.com/apache/index.html
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 12:56 pm

Pierced Arrows - Straight to the Heart
Pierced Arrows - Descending Shadows
Flaming Lips - Christmas on Mars
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:10 am | Edited by: cococomas

We've (somehow) gotten alot of records lately...

We went to the CHiRP Radio Record Fair in Chicago & got:
Paley Brothers LP - wussy power-pop, but I love it.
Ramones 'End Of The Century' LP - I've somehow never owned this... RECTIFIED.
The Tiffany Shade LP - Lisa bought this from Byron Coley who claimed it was 'Baroque Pop' - it's not - but it's still good.
The Pleasure Fair - 'Fade In Fade Out' b/w 'Morning Glory Days' - now this is more like it: vaguely baroque sunshine pop...
Bonnie St. Claire (and Unit Gloria) 'Clap Your Hands & Stamp Your Feet' 7-inch (pic sleeve!) - awesome GLAM-A-LAM.
Diane Renay 'Watch Out Sally' b/w 'Billy Blue Eyes' - local band (and newest TiM artist) Hollows covers the A-side of this on their LP - stoked to find the OG.
The Peppermint Rainbow 'Walking In Different Circles' b/w 'Pink Lemonade' - Sunshine POP...

other notable stuff we've gotten recently:
Fever B - 'Lonely Sailor Sessions' lp - whoah!
Personal & the Pizzas 'Raw Pie' cassette - someone should put this out on LP. Gimme a break!
Half Rats - 'For The Sake Of Love' b/w 'The Girl' - TJ from our bands' "other band"s (even though they've been around for almost as long as we have!) new Douchemaster single - it's great & everyone should get it - nuff said.
Sticks N Stones 'Red Light' b/w 'Time Change' - Paul, Natalie & JonE's new band! - Great Milwaukee power pop! Great single! TiM single coming this summer! SUMMERTIME JAMZ!
ECSR - 'Wet Cement' single - always great. Fuck these guys are awesome.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:18 am | Edited by: Adam K

Two great WI singles for a buck a piece...
Robin & The Three Hoods - "I Wanna Do it"
Eddy J - "I Love My Green Bay Packers Polka"
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Got the new ECSR- Rush To Relax and it's great. I love this band.

Bought a bunch of stuff from Trouble In Mind. Great label. I got all their stuff now and i think my favorite is the White Wires 7". My wife is really digging the new Hollows release. I really like The Liminanas one too. It doesn't really fit but somehow it does. Trouble In Mind has the best looking records also.

I got the new Missing Monument record. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not attending their show with Jack O a little while back.

I got The Spits Slovenly "pain" 7". Great. Need to go to that Spits/Nobunny show. I need to buy a Nobunny record.

I got the Legendary Wings "questions" 7" and it's great to.

I ordered the double LP "Thank You Very Much" by Dan Melchior from his website. I really like this guy. Can't wait! If he sends me another Spits/Melchoir split 45 (according to his site he gives one with every order) I'll give it to someone who wants it, I already got one.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

don't know if they're still together, bu

they just played a few weeks ago. got a new 2nd guitar player, sounding better than ever.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 7:27 pm | Edited by: Janderass

We've (somehow) gotten alot of records lately...

Save some money for Atlanta diggin'. We'd be glad to show you guys around.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Adam & The Antz- Bondage Punks LP
Gonjasufi- A Sufi And A Killer CD
Cluster & Eno- s/t CD
Wanda Jackson- 20 Great Rock 'n' Roll Hits LP
The Archies- Jingle Jangle LP
Bill Anderson- The Best Of Bill Anderson LP
Roger Miller- Words And Music By Roger Miller LP
new HoZacs (Rayon Beach EP particularly blew me away)
Timmy's Organism- I'm On A Hunt 7" is on its way too

Gonjasufi record arrived the other day and pretty well owned the stereo all of last night
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Trouble In Mind has the best looking records also.

Especially that cococoma spectrum of sound. The cover is bitchin.
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 12:20 am

Rush To Relax LP!
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 1:49 am

Live Fast Die
"Shit Amplified / By The Time These Flowers Die"

Golden Error
ST -- the white label SXSW limited edition release
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:48 am

Save some money for Atlanta diggin'. We'd be glad to show you guys around.

DONE & DONE. We get in on Friday, early afternoon...noon or 1-ish...

LET'S DO THIS.
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

Trouble In Mind has the best looking records also.

Especially that cococoma spectrum of sound. The cover is bitchin.

Not a Trouble In Mind release, but YES that cover IS bitchin'!
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Not a Trouble In Mind

whoopsie - Red lounge?
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 6:31 pm

LET'S DO THIS.

Cool. Check your MySpace.
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 2:02 am

I got the new Missing Monument record.

I've been listening to this alot. I knew that King Louie was pretty popular with Goners, but I hadn't really checked him out. I saw him on the Gonerfest 4 dvd and thought he was pretty cool, but didn't really bother to check out anything else by him. It turns out that he's a damn good songwriter because this 7" is fantastic. The songs are catchy as hell but not too polished. I love this record.
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Jon Wayne- Mr. Egyptian b/w Orange Blossom Special 7" on Fist Puppet!! Thanks, Andy Earles!
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 7:44 pm

got these 45s today...Betty James "Im a Little Mixed Up"(Chess), Freddie Scott and the Chimes "The Letter Came this Morning"(Arrow), Swampseeds "Plastic Man"(Epic), Bob Seger and the Last Heard "Sock it to me Santa"(Cameo), The New Way "Lookin like a Nut Nut"(Guyjim), Chuck Berry "Im Talkin about You"(Chess), Fred Hughes "Love Me Baby"(Vee Jay), Larry Williams "My Babys Got Soul"(Chess), Otis Williams and the Charms "Gotta Get Myself Together"(Okeh) The Clique "Bareback Donkey Riding" (Detour) and a bootlegged copy of Die Kruezen "Cows and Beer"
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Jon Wayne- Mr. Egyptian b/w Orange Blossom Special 7" on Fist Puppet!! Thanks, Andy Earles!

YOU BASTARD!
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 6:37 pm | Edited by: Cole

I got my Dan Melchoir "Thank You Very Much" Lp in today. I really like this guys music. Anyway, he sent me another Spits/Melchoir 7" split. It's a really great record and I already have it. No one I know here in MS would want it, so if anyone on the board wants it, I'll send it to them.
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 1:08 am

Hey Conductor by Sonny Flaharty and the Mark V on PHILIPS

here
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 1:48 pm

I got my Dan Melchoir "Thank You Very Much" Lp in today. I really like this guys music. Anyway, he sent me another Spits/Melchoir 7" split. It's a really great record and I already have it. No one I know here in MS would want it, so if anyone on the board wants it, I'll send it to them.

WELL - if yer lookin to get rid of it - I'll take it offa yer hands....
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 7:11 pm

No prob, it's a great record, It needs a good home. Just email me where you want me to send it. anthony23ATmsDOTmetrocastDOTnet
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 12:15 pm

I like free records!

Just got a care package today from the label Rockadelic with the SEOMPI lp (think of an AmRep band if they were a a bunch of Texan dope-heads from 1971), the Thump Theater/Crank split LP, and the Minotaur LP. Heavy y'all.
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:04 pm

Just picked up Half Rats 7" check the review

I got that record and i think it's pretty great.
ALSO......

Ozzie- The Parabolic Rock- This is a strange record for me. I'm really glad I bought it.......but, I don't really like it. The thing is, the packaging and appearence are awesome. This is a labor of love and the dude from ss records deserves major props. The liner notes are extensive and I had a good time reading them while listening to the record. I'm just not that into the music. I don't think it's bad, I'm just not into it. One of the vocalist in this band I truly disdain. Not personally, just hate his voice. I can't say enough good things about the packaging though.

Dead Farmers- Go Home- I'm slowly turning into bruce jr. My favorite records have been the Aussie ones. This is great. Badass guitars. I ordered the UV Race album(got the 7") for more Aussie badassery.

The Endtables- How in the hell is this band just now getting a little attention? I should have been listening to this in 89 when I discovered punk rock. A must own in my book.

Magic Kids/ Smith Western split- I don't like the Magic Kids song as much as the Goner release. Still damn good though. I"m not that into the Smith Westerns. Great covers on this 7" though.
Posted: May 4, 2010 6:18 pm

Dead Farmers- Go Home- I'm slowly turning into bruce jr. My favorite records have been the Aussie ones. This is great. Badass guitars. I ordered the UV Race album(got the 7") for more Aussie badassery.

beleive me you haven't even broken the surface yet
Posted: May 4, 2010 9:38 pm

I ordered the UV Race album(got the 7") for more Aussie badassery.

That UV Race record is fucking awesome.
Posted: May 4, 2010 9:46 pm

I spent my record money this week on plastic sleeves. Neat.
Do you guys bag all the records or only the good ones?

Best recent record purchase: Doors-Waiting For the Sun @ Shangri-La. Shitty Cover-VG+ wax.
$1
Posted: May 4, 2010 9:54 pm

Do you guys bag all the records or only the good ones?

If it comes in a bag, I keep it in there. I'm not very good at collecting shit. My chick is always bitching at me because I just leave records laying around. I'll probably fuck up a record that I really love and is out of print and then I might start treating them better.
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:09 pm

Cole: watching Tetro right now. It's cool; I'm exhausted, though. I had two games tonight...might have to finish tomorrow.

Did you like Let the Right One In? That was one of my very favorite movies last year.
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:17 pm

Did you like Let the Right One In?

Oh hell yes! I loved the bleak, washed out look and feel of that film. Brilliant movie.

*spoiler* stop reading if you haven't seen this.

I loved how she put him in a situation where he really had to go with her.
My wife thought it was a child vampire love story. I had to explain that she was just using him and in 50 years would do it all over.

Saw that they were coming out with an American remake. Bummer. What's the chance that they fuck it up? 100%? I'm so sick of remakes.
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:21 pm

watching Tetro right now

I watched The Conversation last night. Coppola rules.
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:26 pm

We have a Conversation poster up in our movie room; it's one of my all time favorites.

Trivia: it came out the same year as Godfather II. How 'bout that for a 1-2 punch???

I forget who, but someone good is directing the Let the Right One In remake...It'll probably be terrible still, but something gave me some hope for it. I could look it up, but I had two games tonight...gotta finish this shit tomorrow...
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:32 pm

it came out the same year as Godfather II. How 'bout that for a 1-2 punch???

Holy shit! Best year for a director EVER.
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:34 pm

going back to the nineties and listening to Von Zippers- "Wow em down at Franzels"

great rock-n-roll record to listen to while drinking, or any other time.

rest of their stuff- not so much.

just sayin'
Posted: May 4, 2010 11:44 pm

Fun And Games- Elephant Candy LP and CD
Harlow Wilcox & The Oakies- Groovy Grubworm LP
The Supremes- Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland LP
Gary Glitter- Glitter LP and Rock 'N' Roll CD
Suzi Quatro- The Wild One: Greatest Hits CD
Lou Reed- Berlin LP
Joy Rider- s/t LP
The Damned- Peel Sessions CD
The Creatures- A Bestiary Of CD (which sounds very promising already)

ordered a dumb amount of things as well (Runaways, Ozzie LP, Endtables, Crazy Elephant, Milk 'N' Cookies, blardy-blah...)
Posted: May 5, 2010 1:59 pm

want 1 postage for 1 order, so when it's all in stock @ goner, I hope to order:

rush to relax
Davila 666 on Rob's house
warm slime
fresh and onlys-august in my mind
Posted: May 5, 2010 5:02 pm

Holy shit! Best year for a director EVER.
Same year that Flesh Gordon came out, so you must be right.
Posted: May 5, 2010 8:12 pm

I got a Mel Torme "comin home baby" 45...the fuckin velvet fog ya buncha goons...have you bought a record better than that recently? no you havent...
Posted: May 5, 2010 8:23 pm

I got a Mel Torme "comin home baby" 45...the fuckin velvet fog ya buncha goons...have you bought a record better than that recently? no you havent...

i have the lp in mono. i have a ton of covers of that song, too. i'm sure you do as well.
Posted: May 5, 2010 8:50 pm

i have the lp in mono. i have a ton of covers of that song, too. i'm sure you do as well.

I need the dee dee sharp..thats the version, so tough
Posted: May 5, 2010 8:55 pm

Posted: May 5, 2010 8:59 pm

Same year that Flesh Gordon came out, so you must be right.

Along with Blood Freak and Evil Come, Evil Go as well, if I remember right; quality home entertainment for the whole family right thur
Posted: May 20, 2010 10:50 pm | Edited by: Cole

Lets see, records I've optained. This might get long...

Wounded Lion s/t- It's a grower. It's pretty good. I like it more with every spin.

UV Race s/t- Awesome band. After spinning this alot....I gotta admit that I like them better than ECSR. That's saying ALOT! Society Made Me Selfish is a brilliant song. I love the theme. I love the way the singer explains the songs in the insert. Alot of artist want you to decipher their lyrics. Screw that. I don't have time to psychoanalyze your shit. So good job Marcus.

Final Solutions- Songs By Solutions
Final Solutions- My Love Is Disappointing
Final Solutions-Return To The Motherland- Great band. I've played the hell out of all these.

Perfect Fits- Radio Transmitter-Catchy as hell. I dig it.

Staags!- Adult Brigade- From the vi fanclub. Best club I ever joined. i actually listened to this on 33 at first because I forgot to change the speed. It rocks both ways actually. I love the weird solo on Batshit Crazy.

Harlan T Bobo- Sucker (cd)- Another great album from this guy. Possibly the most talented songwriter in Memphis.

vi-(cd) This is a four song cd courtesy of the vi fanclub. It's 3 covers and 1 original. I've never heard the songs they cover so It's all new to me. I love this. This, Sucker, and a few comps are the only cds in my car. vi actually gets about as much playtime as Harlan. It makes me drive fast.

The Stabs 7"- More great Aussie rock. Read about them in Negative Guest List. Awesome.

Personal & Pizzas- Tearjerker 7"- I like it, but I got so much awesome shit to listen to that it might not get alot of spins until later.

Alicja Pop- Shining Apple- My wife likes this alot more than I do. She's always asking me to play it. I like her rocking stuff better.

Unwed Teenage Mother 7"- It's really good, but I'm pissed off. I ordered this soley so I could start my own "Fuck you Tic Tac Tottaly!" thread. Not only did I get it within 10 weeks. but I got a free record as well. Dammit.

Manic Attracts 7"- Free record mentioned above. i like it.

Daptone Gold- Great comp from Daptone Records. Great packaging with great soul songs. My favorite record at the moment. I highly reccomend it.

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings- 100 Days, 100 Nights- More great soul from Daptone.
Posted: May 21, 2010 6:11 am

The Humpers - "War is Hell/My Machine" CD reissue of two old LPs on one CD from SoCal punk rockers!
Posted: May 21, 2010 12:16 pm | Edited by: LisaLisa

Bill bought me Leathercoated Minds - Trip Down Sunset Strip

Best/worst version of 8 Miles High EVER!
Posted: May 22, 2010 10:39 pm

found a copy of the Bar-Kays "Copy Kat" 45 at goodwill today. woo-hoo!
Posted: May 23, 2010 2:45 am

Val Stoecklein- Grey Life LP
Danny & Smootchy- Creamed Country Corn LP
Gary Farr- Addressed To The Censors Of Love LP
Rank And File- Sundown LP
Davila 666 12" EP
Impalas- Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home) 45
Jimmy Gilmer And The Fireballs- Ain't Gonna Tell Anybody 45
The Intrigues- In A Moment 45
O.B. McClinton- My Whole World Is Falling Down 45
The Reveres And The Honeystrollers- Lenore/ Honeystrollin' 45

Most of that even came from here in town for once; for STOOPID cheap. Stoecklein LP is not exactly cheerful, but I can already tell it's going to get listened to A WHOLE LOT
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 11:51 pm | Edited by: Cole

Hate to keep bumping this thread for my own benifit, but I like talking about record I've gotten.

Davilla 666 HoZac 45- I saw this band at the New Year's Eve show and I'm ashamed I haven't bought more of their stuff. This is great. I can't believe I like this so much. it's not in English so I have no idea what they are singing about.

X-Aspirations lp and the "Home Is Where the Floor is 45"- Holy shit is Australia awesome. I LOVE these records. I keep hearing about The Saints, I should check them out....

The four new 45s from Trouble In Mind...Night Beats, Sticks and Stones, Hex Dispensers, Tropical Sleep - At this point Bill and Lisa could tell me that they are thinking about putting out some records and I'd send them money. I've never been burnt. All these records are awesome.

Jon Wayne- Texas Funeral- So fucking great. So qouatable. I work for Pepsi and often have to deal with gentlemen from the middle east. They are usually cool but I have to control myself because I want to so badly say.." Mr. Egyptian........

Vex Ruffin and the Low-Fi Jerkheads and Tunnel of Love- rockin rollin bitches- Awesome start to Bazooka Joes label Black Gladiator. Rockin music and low prices. I felt like I was ripping Joe off!!! I love these records.

D.R.I. violent pacification- It's great but sadly, I haven't listened to it alot. I don't know why.... I guess iv has given me my hardcore fix and I'm not really that into this record. iv is awesome.

Ty Segall- Melted- This guy is so great. can't wait to see him at GF7. Goner just keeps putting out great music.

Floridas Dying Party Platter- Great Music...great concept.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 4:00 am

The Five Du-Tones- Shake A Tail Feather 45
Left Arm- Electric Babies 45
Ran-dells- Martian Hop 45
The Dovells- Bristol Stomp and You Can't Sit Down 45s
The Chips- Rubber Biscuit 45
Mickey- FDH 12" & Florida's Dying 7"
Charlatans- s/t LP [which I've been playing the unholy hell out of]
Tom 'n' Jerry's Rockets- On The Road Again LP
Shorty Long- Here Comes The Judge LP
The Anals- Total Anal LP
Testors- Live Recordings 1976-79LP
Lemon Pipers- Green Tambourine LP
Associates- The Affectionate Punch LP
The Plastic Cloud- s/t CD [been playing the fuck out of this as well]
etc.

Going to be carless again before too long, so a whole bunch of my CDs have been gittin' tae fuck recently; good riddance too.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 9:26 am

Mix 'n Match --"Everybody's Making it Big But Me"
Jolly Jokers-- S/T Debut
Ed Guca and the Polish Canandians-- S/T Debut
Marion Lush-- "Lush's Luscious Polkas"
Marion Lush and the Musical Stars-- "Present Polka Time"
Marion Lush-- "The Golden Voice of Polka"
Zima Favorites
The Best of Rex-- A variety of 14 Rex Recording Artists and Their Hits.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Easter Monkeys, the one with the heart on the cover...that shit rocks y'all.
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Shorty Long LP, "Here Comes the Judge"
some cool instrumentals on there
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 9:03 am | Edited by: Adam K

There was flooded basements galore in Milwaukee last week, and people were throwing out full basements worth of stuff. Found a Colt 45 box full of 45's on the way to the grocery store yesterday with some real good stuff in it. About 10% of the way through the records, and these are the winners so far:

Pleze - "Disco 2000"/"Living Together" (Brew Town)
Instant Funk - "I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl)"/ "Wide World Of Sports" (Salsoul)
Bobby Rush - "Chicken Head"/"Mary Jane" on Galaxy
Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Band - "Express Yourself"/"Borrowed Time" (WB)
The Ebonys - "Sexy Ways"/"It's Forever" (Philadelphia International)
Bill Doggett - "Honky Tonk"/"Honky Tonk Popcorn" (King)
The Emotions - "Heart Association"/"The Touch Of Your Lips" (Volt)
Laura Lee - "Crumbs Off The Table"/"You've Got To Save Me" (Hot Wax)
Roy "C" - "I'm Gonna Love Somebody Else's Woman"/"I'll Never Leave You Lonely" (Alaga)
Staples Singers - "Respect Yourself"/"You're Gonna Make Me Cry" (Stax)
ADC Band - "Long Stroke"/"That's Life" (Cotillion)
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm still waiting for 3 or 4 comps to come in but here's some stuff I've bought.

'68 comeback-Chantilly Rock/All night long 7"- Man, I was so glad to get this. This band and Gibson brothers are bands that I really want records by. They seem hard to find.

Back From thr Grave Vol 1- A game changer for me. Never really was interested in any of the old garage bands until this. I love this record.

Dan Melchior- Mr. Oblivian/Nitmare #2- One of my favorites. If I have a little money to spend on records and can't find anything else I want, I just order something from Dan. Never dissapoints.

Personal and the Pizzas- Raw Pie- I like this record and I can't wait to see them at Gonerfest but I don't listen to it alot. I have to be in a silly mood. My kids love it more than I do. "Dad, put the pizza record on"'

Unwed Teenage Mothers- Blonde Girls lp- Great record. I like this band alot. Hung out with the bass player, John, and Tommy in Oxford and had a blast. I had no idea that MS has so many cool bands...Overnight Lows, Unwed mothers, Los Buddies, Bass Drum of Death..if anyone can tell me any others, I'd appreciate It. I like to support bands from my state. I imagine they need it because there's not alot going on here.

God Less America- An old country & Western comp from Crypt- I love this record. It is so damn sad, weird, and hilarious at the same time. Where does Tim Warren find this shit? I have this right next to Jon Wayne in my collection. That's my country section and it's awesome.

Killed By Death Vol 12. I've also got the first 2 ordered. If this is them scraping the bottom of the barrell.....then those damn records need to hurry up and get here. This is great.

Kiss- Alive- bought it at a flea market. It was a record my sister had when I was a kid and i remember listening to it. Nostalgia, y'know. Hmmm....quick question if anyone wants to chime in....Kiss, Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame or not? I'll say yes, if nothing else than for marketing.

a couple of cds.....

Evil Army-The Armory Demoes- I had a metal itch and this scratched it. Really great band...kinda old school. I listen to it alot.

New Bomb Turks-Destroy-O-Boy- I love this cd, best Wire cover ever. Never mind the fact that I heard this and then listened to Wire....I still say that. Another band I can't wait to see at Gonerfest.
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 10:11 pm

The Welders- s/t 45
Incredible String Band- Liquid Acrobat As Regards The Air LP
Jim Kweskin & The Jug Band- Unblushing Brassiness LP
Brownsville Station- s/t LP ("Martian Boogie" LAMF)
Sopwith Camel- Sopwith Camel In Hello Hello LP
Daddy Dewdrop- s/t LP
Christopher Milk- s/t 7" and Some People Will Drink Anything LP
v/a- Test Patterns CD
Mittagspause- s/t CD
SNFU- ...And No One Else Wanted To Play CD
Tele: Funken/ Flying Saucer Attack- Distant Station CD

Ridiculously overstuffed Record Exchange in STL is having a 50% off sale indefinitely, so that's where a bunch of this came from. Mittagspause thing somehow only took a week to get here from Japan and pretty well rules.
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Cole, BFTG is fucking killer. Pebbles is good, but BFTG shits all over it.

I finally bought Love visions. One of the best albums of the decade, I finally put my money where my mouth is for glow in the dark wax.
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 10:34 pm

I finally bought Love visions. One of the best albums of the decade, I finally put my money where my mouth is for glow in the dark wax.

What? You can buy that lp on glow in the dark vinyl? That sounds awesome.
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 10:49 pm

The Welders- s/t 45
Incredible String Band- Liquid Acrobat As Regards The Air LP
Jim Kweskin & The Jug Band- Unblushing Brassiness LP
Brownsville Station- s/t LP ("Martian Boogie" LAMF)
Sopwith Camel- Sopwith Camel In Hello Hello LP
Daddy Dewdrop- s/t LP
Christopher Milk- s/t 7" and Some People Will Drink Anything LP
v/a- Test Patterns CD
Mittagspause- s/t CD
SNFU- ...And No One Else Wanted To Play CD
Tele: Funken/ Flying Saucer Attack- Distant Station CD

Every time you post your records I spend an hour googling. haha
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am

Every time you post your records I spend an hour googling. haha

Is that a good thing or a bad thing or both? If I can manage to be edjumacational or something, then cool I guess.
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 5:01 am

Cole, BFTG is fucking killer. Pebbles is good, but BFTG shits all over it.

To me, Pebbles 5 is as strong as any BFTG (beside that odd hard rock tune by Magi which ain't bad really out of place)
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

DOCTOR ALIMANTADO - BEST DRESSED CHICKEN IN TOWN
Oi! Chartbusters Volume 1
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 1:42 pm

MDC (Texas) - Millions of Dead Cops LP
Bo Diddley Black Gladiator reissue
Dr Hook & The Medicine Show - Revisited (dollar bin)
Johnny Allen - South To Louisiana 45
Harrison Ave - I Believe (Saints Go All The Way) 45
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 1:12 am | Edited by: dont wanna be a fat boy

Angel Face- Wolf City Blues CD [baadasssssery of the highest order]
Murray Roman- You Can't Beat People Up And Have Them Say I Love You LP
Ohio Express- Chewy Chewy LP
Armageddon- s/t LP
Hawkwind- Doremi Fasol Latido LP
C.J. & Co.- Devil's Gun LP
Capability Brown- Voice LP
Pentagram- First Daze Here Too CD
Guilty Simpson- Ode To The Ghetto CD
Parasites Of The Western World- s/t LP
neuen HoZacs

Took ages to finally find that Murray Roman LP, but was definitely worth it; this whole thing is getting silly now though innit
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 8:08 am

Bought the new(ish) reissue of Exile on Main Street on heavy wax.
Fucking rules.

Now I gotta go to Goner and pick up the Radios Appear reissue. Thanks, Four Men With Beards!!!
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 9:51 am

Bo Diddley - 1962 s/t LP
Chuck Berry - Chuck Berry Is On Top LP
James Brown & His Famous Flames - Please Please Please LP
Booker T & The MGs - Green Onions LP

All for $5 from some dude on Mission Street in SF.
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 11:57 am

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Somehow almost forgot...

Virgin Prunes- If I Die, I Die LP
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 10:26 am

Chris Farlowe "Paint It Farlowe" - thoroughly enjoying this Mick Jagger "production" (so says the credits) although I suspect it would have been given a pass by my younger self - great singer, huge orchestration, covers of Stones, Small Faces, and Motown.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm

*[u]v/a : Studio One Soul Vol.1[/u] LP (listened to this a TON when I worked at Dusty Groove, but never bought it - now I own it - superb!)
*[u]Bare Wires: Seeking Love[/u] LP (liking this [u]alot[/u] more than the first LP...)
*[u]Matthew Melton: Still Misunderstood[/u] LP (haven't listened to the whole thing yet - I like side 1)
*[u]Black Lips: We Did Not Know...[/u] LP (never had this on vinyl - go figure... a modern classic? Maybe so!)
*[u]Del Shannon: Further Adventures of Charles Westover[/u] LP (holy crap - so awesome to finally own this on vinyl... B-Day gift from Lisa!)
*[u]John's Children: Smashed, Blocked[/u] 7-inch (on White Whale! I've been looking for this for a while - turned up at Permanent Recs - WHOAH!)
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I got some new records i want to talk about.....

Wave the Ocean, Wave the Sea..field recordings from Alan Lomax 1959-1960- This is a game changer. I've never really been interested in old southern music until now. This record blew mind. Old ladies with voices like angels singing on the front porch, prison work songs, blues played by farmers coming sraight out of the fields, fife & drum bands, old banjo pickers playing songs that some old drunk tought them. I LOVE this record.

I'm also amused that it's from a label called Mississippi Records, which is actually out of Portland. I should start my label, Portland records, out of my house in Mississippi.

UV Race- 7" from Fashionable Idiots records- This is my favorite Aussie band. Hell, in my top 5 period. Great songs, awesome(and disturbing) cover art, and of coarse the song explanations, which are cool and fun.

I have the lp, the ss records 7" and this one. Is that all of them?

Bloodsatins across Texas-Brilliant. I've been on a serious comp kick and it's been tons of fun. Damn there was alot of great punk bands that these comps bought to the light of day.

My kids just approached me for some money for the ice cream van.....I've never seen one around here before....I've got to keep looking out the window while I write this.....fuckin' pedophile.

Testors-Two side of Death-7'- Not that into it. Songs are OK, but the recording quality is awful. Ordered it in a roll the dice move. Crapped out.

The Allen Brothers-The Chatanooga Boys-Ordered it to try to better understand my southern musical roots. I hate it. I hate it for one reason...the kazoo. That instrument(I'm being generous) ruins the record. It's basically depression era country that sounds like circus music thanks to that damn Kazoo.

Magic Kids- Memphis- Great debut album. I hear there's a bit of a backlash, but I like these guys. I'm still into them. This album is really great with unbelievable melodies.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:24 pm

I bought that new Menthols record. If I take a picture of myself holding it, will Useless Eater send me a zip file of the mp3s so I can listen to it at work?
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Pebbles is good, but BFTG shits all over it.

My BFTG's are always trying to shit on Pebbles Vol. 3, but it never sticks.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 6:01 pm

I have the lp, the ss records 7" and this one. Is that all of them?
nope, there's a 7" on aarght and a split cassette on aarght with ecsr, 2nd lp is done and coming soon

I bought that new Menthols record. If I take a picture of myself holding it, will Useless Eater send me a zip file of the mp3s so I can listen to it at work?
sam, i have to do some other records, if my computer will let me, i'll see if i can add this one
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 11:22 pm

I'm also amused that it's from a label called Mississippi Records, which is actually out of Portland. I should start my label, Portland records, out of my house in Mississippi.

Mississippi Records is based out of the Mississippi Records store, which is on Mississippi Street in Portland. Just sayin.
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Wave the Ocean, Wave the Sea
got this and i think 3 more in the series en route... looking forward to 'em.

[u]Del Shannon: Further Adventures of Charles Westover[/u]
dang! still looking to grab this. love it. should just be happy with the cd, but...
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 3:19 pm

dang! still looking to grab this. love it. should just be happy with the cd, but...

not to be "that guy", but it really does sound so much better on vinyl...
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:35 pm

Mississippi Records is based out of the Mississippi Records store, which is on Mississippi Street in Portland. Just sayin.

and absolutely everything they release blows my mind. wish goner recs could snag some of their badass cassette mixes.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:44 pm

Yeah, I'm judging this on only one album ,Wave the Ocean, Wave the Sea, but I love what those guys are doing. The packaging is great.

It's tough to find out anything about them though. They don't seem to have a website. I found a Discog, but I think it's out of date.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 11:07 pm

time for a trip to mississippi?
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 11:59 pm

I got this rare ass 7"

first limited pressin to go DUBBLE PLATNUM!
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 12:28 pm

time for a trip to mississippi?

ahh bruce.
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 12:33 pm

cole: i would hugely recommend Lipa Kodi Ya City Council, I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore 1927-1948, and both the Abner Jay compilations. gd so good

plus this:
http://rootstrata.com/rootblog/?s=mississippi
!!!
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:28 pm

cole, here's a copy of the first uv race 7" as well as some other stuff that may be of interest, not sure how much it'll go for(?)

http://shop.ebay.com.au/getgonerecords/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_i pg=&_trksid=p4340
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:29 pm

i had some of those khan aus tour 7"s in the store awhile ago, not sure if they are gone
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks Bruce. I'm watching that UV Race. If it's affordable at the end, I'm gonna snag it.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 11:11 pm

i had them when they first came out, hundreds, but now i have one
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 11:43 pm

Is that what Easter Bilby distro does? You just supply stores and stuff with Aussie bands and zines? How did you find out about all this cool Aussie music and get involved? I'm just curious. I gotta give you credit man, you seem to have jumped on board and saw how cool these bands were right away. Your spreading the Aussie rock gospel sir, and I have been converted.

Hey, if you see that UV/ECSR tape anywhere let me know if you don't mind. I'd really love to have that.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 11:51 pm

last time i saw one for sale it was over $100

i guess, i've been into the aussie stuff most of my life, so i guess i jumped on board around '85, been down twice, and just talking to people, yep that's all easter bilby does
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks Bruce. I'm watching that UV Race. If it's affordable at the end, I'm gonna snag it.

If you're in the US I wouldn't bother bidding on it. I did a buy-it-now from this guy yesterday and he cancelled it because he doesn't ship outside of Australia. Bummer.
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 12:01 pm | Edited by: Cole

Damn! Thanks for the info...that sucks.
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 7:57 pm

picked up the first Television Personalities records today. Hadn't heard it in a decade or more.

Damn good.
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 8:20 pm

larry, if you need a middle man let me know
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 8:35 pm

picked up the first Television Personalities records today. Hadn't heard it in a decade or more.

Of course! TVPs are great!
Posted: Sep 6, 2010 11:28 am

Of course! TVPs are great!

Saw them live a couple of years back and great is not the first word that comes to my mind about the show.
Posted: Sep 6, 2010 8:49 pm

Nanne???? They let you out??
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 10:25 am

Saw them live a couple of years back and great is not the first word that comes to my mind about the show.

Good thing that record was recorded 30 years ago!
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 4:18 pm

Just got an OG copy of the Vindictives Leave Home. No one on here will care but I can't wait to get home and scratch it up
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 4:47 pm

tommy loves shit like that
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 7:09 pm

I haven't been buying alot lately....switching into Christmas mode. But here's some stuff I've gotten...

The 5,6,7,8's- Bomb the Twist- very cool. fun

Total Control-Smart Guy 7'- I like this record....but they didn't sound like this at Gonerfest. Not what i was expecting.

Guinea Worms- CDR singles club 7"- One of my favorite bands now. I love their sound.

Outer Spacist- CDR 7'- I really like this record. I love when bands create weird backgrounds for themselves. I think their space Mormons.

Goner Golden Pass 7"- Love it. great bonus goodie.

James Arthur's Manhunt- The record I'm listening to most right now. It is great. Such a cool, mix of different stuff. I love Wes Coleman, and now this dude.......I need some Golden Boys.
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:19 am

James Arthur's Manhunt

i just woke up from dreaming about this record. no lie.
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I need some Golden Boys.

'Whiskey Flower' is the one to get, Cole.
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 12:50 am

Stretchheads- Five Fingers, Four Thingers, A Thumb, A Facelift And A New Identity LP fucking finally
Go-Betweens- Liberty Belle And The Black Diamond Express LP
UV Race- s/t LP and I Hate You 7"
Total Control- s/t 7" [with sea creature-looking things 'pon it; first one?]
Soulful Dynamics- Sah Sah Kumba Kumba 7"
Millie Small- My Boy Lollipop LP
Philip Glass- Northstar LP
Sugar Boy Crawford- Chess Jazz Masters Series LP
Puffy Areolas- In The Army 1981 LP
The Sallyangie- Children Of The Sun LP
Crisis- Holocaust Hymns CD
Taj Mahal Travellers- July 15, 1972 CD
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 1:03 am

I need some Golden Boys.

'Whiskey Flower' is the one to get, Cole.

just get one, and then start filling in the blanks
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®