| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / ALL HAIL THE NEW KINGS
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Goddamn euro-wiggers.
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 4:13 pm

but those are goddamn african-wiggers
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

What the fuck is that weird thing in the video?
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Whoa....I like the Gummo looking chick..it'd be fun to contract A.I.D.S. from her...but it's really all about the "Secret Chamber"...
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 4:57 pm

afrikaner-wiggers to be exact

and I wouldn't say it was ALL about the secret chamber but it is fun

biggest disappointment...no chance of a jay reatard/die antwoord collaboration
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 5:06 pm

if she didn't have stupid looking hair she might look ok
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Wow. Yes. Or... something.

Brokencyde, look out!
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm

She looks like she needs a Tyra makeover.
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:35 pm

I like her do. It's kinda like the best of mullet + chelsea
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 12:07 am

Afrikkaaner Methcore
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 8:58 am | Edited by: littlemisslinda

if she didn't have stupid looking hair she might look ok

She looks like Mary Wills (now Kelly), except with terrible taste in everything.
Especially clothes.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 9:06 am

That's full circle shame.
I could barely understand what that guy was saying, and what I did understand, I didn't like, so paying enough attention to find out that he was from (South?) Africa wasn't really an option for me.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Nanne is back!
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 1:21 pm

they rape our language.

Careful, you're sounding a little like a Frenchman.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 1:29 pm

I hate African Americans.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 2:08 pm

And all these wiggers have 'a real negro' as a sidekick.
this is giving me an idea.
goners should hire themselves out, like some beatniks did.
i'm gonna try it tonight.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 2:24 pm | Edited by: Seamus

that shit is truly boering...

i wish James Ryan would put an end to this shit.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 2:38 pm

... and i now love 'em! WOW!
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 5:55 pm

that shit is truly boering...

HAH!!!!

I do love this group...I don't know why but I do

what's a "real negro"? is it more spike lee or eminem?
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 5:57 pm

This is a real negro rapping

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 7:16 pm

ha!
performance art, not a real group...kinda an ali G w/o context...check it out, it is ninja and the girl in this pic from an acting agency:
http://www.alliance.org.za/IMG/jpg/New-Image1-400.jpg
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 7:39 pm

actually its a from a French speaking school(?) not an acting agency
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Aaaahhhh man. That is dissapointing. I totally bought it. I liked the world better when I thought they were a real group.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 7:43 pm

I don't know, man...MAX NORMAL?!?!?! which side of the looking glass are we on?
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 7:49 pm

well, if it is another character of his, then that means ninja is just another character as well...unless of course, he moonlights as a semi-literate rave rapper...
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm

and GG Allin on stage WASN'T a character...come on, you are smarter that that....does add to the mystery however

mysterious guy gangsta rap
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 1:42 am

I AM A NINJA!
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 1:45 am

and max and yolandi make toys...

http://my.opera.com/coxy/blog/2009/01/03/chommie-toys

???
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 1:49 am

“It's not about where you've been...it's about where you're at” runs the rhyme in pioneering hip-hop duo Eric B & Rakim’s I Know You Got Soul. This classic rap could be Watkin Tudor Jones’s motto. For most emcees back in the mid-90s scoring a major label deal with spliff-rappers Original Evergreens and a Best Rap SAMA award for Puff the Magic would’ve been a fantastic foot in the door. But not for Jones who hated being pigeonholed as South Africa’s answer to Cypress Hill, and left the major label to expand his creativity with a new conceptual hip-pop crew Max Normal. After critical acclaim for 2001’s Songs From the Mall, rapturous performances at the Dutch Pukkelpop festival and talk of pop siren Nelly Furtado being keen on a collaboration, it seemed a slam dunk that the world would finally get to know Waddy Jones.

But Max Normal imploded. Word has it that Jones just wasn’t interested in selling out and disbanded the crew simply because they’d become “too successful”. A couple of hiatuses in a Buddhist ashram and some yoga studies later and he was back in the game with cosmic cartoon hip-hop conceptualists the Constructus Corporation and their cult epic Ziggurat (2003) which featured then unknown young beat boys Markus Wormstorm and Sibot. A year later the concept dissolved amidst rumours of ignominious beefs about the merit of creating commercially “phat beats”. Wormstorm and Sibot left to form The Real Estate Agents, cult local success and later, international tours with Sweat.X and Playdoe.

Despite favourable critical reception for his own The Fantastic Kill (2005), it was only when Max Normal was reanimated as corporate hip-hop concept, Max Normal.TV in 2007 that audiences started paying attention again. A slot at Oppikoppi’s Way of the Dassie festival gave Jones the chance to unleash a parade of personas that ranged from the super-stylised motivational speaker sermons of ‘cult leader’ Max Normal to the slapstick braggadocio skits of rave rapper Wad-E. All of which was capped by a nomination for Good Morning South Africa in the Best Alternative Album category at this year’s South African Music Awards.

Only problem is Max Normal.TV is no more. Jones has moved on. He’s got his head into a brand new band he needs to share with the world. Enter Die Antwoord. Billing themselves as “a fresh, futuristik rap-rave crew from the dark depths of Africa”, Die Antwoord debuts Jones’ new alter ego Ninja, alongside Max Normal.TV legions Yo-Landi Vi$$er and DJ Hi-Tek. Intriguingly, Ninja and Yo-landi rap in a ‘Zef’ parody of Cape Flats Afrikaans about topics ranging from rich bitches and getting blind drunk to groin-grabbing boasts about who’s going to rock the party to what’s hot and beyond. Right, sounds like yet another delightfully artful deconstruction of the impossibility of ‘keeping it real’ while ‘selling out’?

Well, let’s just say that there’s a whole lot more method to their darkly surreal live show than such seeming slapstick might suggest. As Ninja suggests, “Max Normal.TV was kind of like an experiment I think. Die Antwoord is more like a discovery”.
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 1:50 am

Attn Kool Keith!
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 11:15 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

Rad Pink Floyd swimming trunks dude!
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 11:56 am

His tattoos are pretty amazing, especially if they're fake. "Pretty Wise" neck tats for all!
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 1:02 pm

Nice tits

&

Pretty decent cock shaking the Pink Floyd prism there
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 1:45 pm

http://www.watkykjy.co.za/die-antwoord/

nanne....you have always been out of touch with the best things on the planet...not surprised with your take here
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 3:43 pm

"I need your production, need your production"
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 4:49 pm

http://www.watkykjy.co.za/die-antwoord/

Nice graphics on that site!

Rolls of toilet paper, dildo, Jagermeister, video game controller, a joint... all the stuff that matters!
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 5:27 pm

Rad Pink Floyd swimming trunks dude!

That's underwear, girl.
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 6:59 pm

That shit is hilarious! Actually that chicks haircut is pretty popular up here in the NW, except it comes with dreadlocks and metal shit stuck in it.
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:40 pm

Please snotneus, if you wanna insult me, do make sense.

I got it.
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 3:25 am

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 8:06 am

How did i miss this crazieness...??!! whoah!
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 9:10 am

Nanne is back!

Whoah! Hi Nanne!
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 1:52 pm

I think we have a gonerfest contender here...

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm

aw shit

and suddenly from out of nowhere

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 12:25 am

Thats funny.
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 7:00 am

Dark Side of the Moon panties dude reminds me of that Clash dude, but with WAY MORE SKILLS!
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 8:55 am

the long-anticipated movie career has come to fruition...

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/06/girl_with_dragon_tattoo_v isser.html
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 6:27 pm

Die Antwoord is opening up for someone huge in New York sometime soon... bummed I missed it.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 11:39 am

I think Justice nailed that chick about fifteen years ago (older than she looks?) when Detroit was still under apartheid.

He doesn't like to talk about it much.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®