Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Best NFL game ever.
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Saints over Vikings... by a field goal. Awesome game...GO SAINTS!
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 11:40 pm

GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!GO SAINTS!
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm

I liked the other one better, WR. It was like looking ito a mirror at a mirror.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 6:09 am

The Vikes were gyped. Oh well. Best of luck to the Saints.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:07 am

what the hell is that transformer thing that jumpes rope when they go to a commercial? i don't get it.

the sudden death thing sucks. give them both 15 minutes to play, not whoever scores first wins. i don't like that.

and what's with all the penalties. why can't you grab the receiver after five yards? makes no sense. let them do what they have to to prevent the other player from getting the ball.

roughing the passer??? you can level another player, but if you tackle the quarterback with the same kind of hit you get penalized? what the fuck is that all about?

i realized last night why i don't watch much football, and why i can't wait for baseball to get here.

all that being said, i'm happy for the saints.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am

That was an incredible game.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:39 am

all I know is I'm sure the NFL will schedule a rematch during next year's regular schedule, most definitely in primetime.

I couldn't even watch a replay of this game it was so stressful.

as much as I wanted to see Favre get hurt badly, the motherfucker is tough as nails and I could not believe my eyes when he continued to pick us apart after taking all those hits (none of which were late, fuck you refs). but he ultimately cost them the game in true favre fashion.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:54 am

He got hit so many times. I thought he was out when he limped off the field.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 9:43 am

what the hell is that transformer thing that jumpes rope when they go to a commercial? i don't get it.

welcome to one of the great mysteries of life... and that thing has been around forever.

though this is self-indictment, football has been tailored for morons. thus, incongruities such as this are passed off with little notice or comment.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 9:58 am

Tremendously unoriginal request: Joe Buck's head on a wooden spike - Lord of the Flies style. Please.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:23 am

though this is self-indictment, football has been tailored for morons. thus, incongruities such as this are passed off with little notice or comment.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:37 am

the sudden death thing sucks. give them both 15 minutes to play, not whoever scores first wins. i don't like that.
Sudden death is great if you win the toss. Deciding a championship game by a 50/50 coin toss is insane.

nd what's with all the penalties. why can't you grab the receiver after five yards? makes no sense. let them do what they have to to prevent the other player from getting the ball.
Thats been the rule as long as i remember. Otherwise, there would be zero complete passes.

roughing the passer??? you can level another player, but if you tackle the quarterback with the same kind of hit you get penalized? what the fuck is that all about?
You can hit him as long as he still has the ball, otherwise its roughing. It s designed to keep the marquee players in the game. Gotta protect that bottom line.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:40 am

Great game. Favre is a badass.
I'm happy for my NO friends!
Go Saints!!
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:49 am

all I know is I'm sure the NFL will schedule a rematch during next year's regular schedule, most definitely in primetime.

the nfl schedules matchups 5 years in advance. next year the saints, by virtue of winning the nfc south, play the winners of the nfc east (dallas) on the road and the winner of the nfc north (vikings) at home.

dallas has a brutal schedule, every nfc playoff team plus indianapolis.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 12:10 pm

welcome to one of the great mysteries of life... and that thing has been around forever.

Somebody paid a lot of money for that dancing robot and they're damn well going to get their money's worth.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm

the best is when it does the Boot Scootin' Boogie
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm

well, the QB is usually the highest paid player on the team...I guess it was rule that not only pussy-fies the game, but protects the "investment".
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 5:43 pm

The pass-interference rules were tightened in the late 70s. Audience research showed that people, not surprisingly, like to see lots of points scored. If they played by the old rules we'd have a lot more 7-3 games.

I seem to recall reading that the NFL might revisit the sudden-death system soon.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 6:48 pm

The pass-interference rules were tightened in the late 70s.

the illegal contact rules were changed about 6 years ago after the pats played the colts in the playoffs and the pats hit the colts receivers until they were afraid to go over the middle or extend to make a catch. instead of getting players who weren't afraid to get hit indy president bill polian, who was also the chair of the rules committee, changed the rules to suit the team he'd built.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Lions 2010-2011 Champs!!!
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 9:11 pm

You're both right. Kind of. The rules were changed back in the 70s. Thanks to the Colts, in 2004, the refs were instructed to enforce the illegal contact (no touching receivers after 5 yards) more stringently.

For more info see: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id= 1840261
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I was pulling for the Saints AND Favre. I know, it's kind of crazy. I felt bad for him. He knew he fucked up throwing the ball on that bad interception play when he had open field to run with it. Can't really blame him. It was late in the game and the guy had been beaten to death by that point.
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

You're both right.

oh yeah, i wasn't denying the pass interference rules changed in the 70s. but more common are defensive holding and illegal contact penalties.
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 7:50 pm

No Touching at all next season, Touch Football is where it's at. "penalty on the offensive side #34..hard touching..10 yard penalty.."
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 6:30 pm

HaHAHa dipshits!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®