Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Scorpions calling it a day
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 12:35 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100124/ap_en_ce/eu_germany_scorpions

Frankly I think Blackout would have been a good stopping point. One of those interesting dynamics where a band who actually made thoughtful complex music in the seventies (think Uli Jon Roth), swapped the art of making music to become a little more commercial, then swapped that and completely sold out making godawful shit even your grandma could sing along to and then became huge and megarich. Go figure, a case where selling out actually turns into a Cinderella story.
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 3:46 pm

"Vee are high energy guys. Vee like to ROCK!!!!!"

yeah STING IN THE TAIL going after the gay market finally
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 3:57 pm

''... a Cinderella story.''

Dude,i thought this was about the Scorps! I think Cinderella's still together... right?
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 4:55 pm

eww ewww i'm a robot maaan!
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 5:17 pm

eww ewww i'm a robot maaan!
Lol! Ya know I could see Devo doing a new wave cover of that.
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 11:18 pm

one for the road, man...
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Lonesome Crow
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 5:21 pm

what took em so long?
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Fly To the Rainbow!
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 6:24 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

Bearded Klaus!

Uli motherfucker!
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 2:53 am

i sure do love some 70's scorps -

speedys coming

he's a woman, she's a man

sails of charon
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 7:35 am

Is it me or does Klaus kinda look like Sascha Baron Cohen?
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:22 am

its you
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Uli was God.

Saw the Scorps in 1982 on their Blackout tour at the Auditorium North Hall in Memphis. Iron Maiden were the middle act on their Number of the Beast tour. Girlschool opened. To this day still one of the best metal shows I've ever seen. A year before that at the same venue Priest and Maiden. Maiden were on their Killers tour with Paul D'ianno on vocals! Now THAT was a show! Old metalheads never die they just keep watching reruns of Heavy Metal Parking Lot.
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:44 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

I have this Uli DVD where he does a version of "Virgin Killer" with these three black chicks singing back up all soul-style....it is bizarre.

I went to the Hyatt Regency when I was 15 to get Scorpions to autograph an LP once and Rudy, Klaus and Matthias just walked right past me as I attempted to hand them my LP, so I yelled "asshole krauts" and they and their entourage turned around and I just wandered off.

Uli wouldn't walked past me though...he would of blessed me in some weird Tuetonic/Native American hybrid mystical language and would have touched my forehead and transmitted the aura of Jimi Hendrix into my spirit-force
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Then you could carry on the legend of Frank Marino.
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Yeah, but my band would have have been a lot better than Mahogony Rush...
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 1:01 pm

That's not hard to do.
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 2:02 am

Vinyl Ritchie:
went to the Hyatt Regency when I was 15 to get Scorpions to autograph an LP once and Rudy, Klaus and Matthias just walked right past me as I attempted to hand them my LP, so I yelled "asshole krauts" and they and their entourage turned around and I just wandered off.

Ritchie,

You are the fucking man. Don't let anyone tell you differently. I respect the dudes that were into punk back in the day, but coming from an old metalhead angle, that's just vintage epic old dude metal shit there, and I'm just drunk enough to admit it. Respect! : )
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®