Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Lemmy: The Movie
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 10:50 am

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:03 am

cant wait!
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:18 am

Fantastic! I hope they do an excerpt on his sixties band Sam Gopal.
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:20 am

so glad dave grohl is part of this
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am

Dave Grohl says Lemmy should be in the RocknRoll Hall of Fame.....it reminds me of the TJSA song Bomb The Rocknroll Hall of Fame..."I don't want to see the shotgun of Kurt Cobain, don't want to see the drugs I couldn't do..bomb it, bomb it, bomb it before Steve Albini makes a speech"...ha ha...Dave Grohl is a bonafide fucktard...what business does Lemmy have in the Rocknroll Hall of Fame? They won't let him in because he's so fucking badass.

I'm looking forward of seeing footage of him as Hendrix's roadie.
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 3:04 pm

"Of course I dye my hair...if I didn't do that I'd look like fucking Willie Nelson!" -Lemmy
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 3:21 am

Fantastic! I hope they do an excerpt on his sixties band Sam Gopal.

Yeah seriously. In some interview or the other, Lemmy said he wrote that entire record in one evening while speeded out of his head. The speeded out of his head part is not at all hard believe of course, but twelve songs in one night might be; sheeeeeit...
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 3:33 am

That looks like a good movie. I heard that joke Lemmy tells at the end before I even bought my first Motorhead tape.
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 8:55 am

holy fuck! wow.
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:19 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

dude any kbd style shit should be written in one sitting...According to NBT and The Devil Dogs, Billy Childish wrote Hose Bag and Young Blood in less than 2 minutes.....I got that from reading about the making of that bottle island seven inch and when Childish wrote hosebag for Andy G and the boys....he just whips that shit out.

Lemmy is the man.
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 11:28 am

... then onto broadway for Nathan Lane's latest triumph!
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 12:09 pm

The Dutch Masters wrote the majority of their songs in one afternoon.
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 12:11 pm

No way!!
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 1:10 pm

dude any kbd style shit should be written in one sitting...

Well yes, but Sam Gopal for sure weren't KBD shit or even slightly punk rock. Does anybody know if they played live? I've always wondered, because I'm sure tablas would've been some kinda challenging to balance with the rest of the band on a stage in 1968; not exactly a double kick drum or anything like that yunno.
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 2:10 pm

wonder if Netflix has it..??
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Not even premiering until March...^^

Finally started the "White Line Fever" autobiography I borrowed from Seamus last Spring..there's a goddamned belly laugh in every paragraph...he's right, it's huge, but I'ma tear through it in no time.
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 4:29 pm

he's right, it's huge, but I'ma tear through it in no time.

I bought mine at a Heathrow airport bookshop, and it was finished before I entered US airspace. A real page-turner...
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 4:33 pm | Edited by: Janderass

Definitely a fun read, also a fun book to give away when your done.
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm

I never really cared much for motorhead
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

I like how Lemmy interjects his own laughs throughout "White Line Fever." It's like the book is breathing whiskey on you.
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

wonder if Netflix has it..??

I did watch Eat the Rich again on Netflix a little while back.

I gotta check this White Line book out. Sounds like it might rival Motley Crue: The Dirt.
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 2:25 am

i always hated Motorhead and their fans (not to speak of the stupid accent Mötorhead - Motörhead - Mötörhead pffff...) - biker shit
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 7:24 am

not a die hard fan, but i have loads of respect, and yeah, white line fever was great! you don't even have to know all their music to love that book. looking forward to this movie.
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 8:06 am

looking forward to this movie for almost 10 years now!
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 10:34 am

i always hated Motorhead and their fans
Then you sir must hate Rock and Roll. Combine Motorhead, ACDC and the Ramones and you have the RnR trinity.
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah exept Lemmy pretty much coined the Killedbydeath phrase...that song came out in like 84.

Motorhead does my favorite cover of Louie Louie, and his song about The Ramones rocks.
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 11:45 am

Here's what that article on termbo said:

Side note factoid: the series title is less to do with Motorhead fandom and more to do with an homage to Tim Warren and his Back From The Grave series. Or so the Swede told me one day as we shared a Turkish prison cell. Who knew KBD would come to be a classification of punk records, a Yahoo newsgroup, and an overused eBay keyword?

You still can't help admitting that Lemmy's song predated the comps.
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 2:14 pm

this was INCREDIBLE. i got to the movie house early, bought my ticket, then stood back and watched the rockers coagulate.

go see this if you can.
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm going to see Motorhead this Tuesday. It's going to be exciting.
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 5:22 pm

got my tickets to see them in st.louis next weekend!!! very excited!!!
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 6:19 pm

i bet if you sucked on lemmys nipple/mole long enough, speed milk would come out.
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 8:38 pm

Ultimate Motorhead set list?

Louie Louie
RAMONES
Love Ya Like a Reptile
Killedbydeath
Please Don't Touch
Motorhead (by Hawkwind)

I know I'm forgetting alot of stuff.....keep em coming.
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 9:22 pm

The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
We are the Road Crew
Overkill
City Kids
One Track Mind
Ace of Spades
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 9:36 pm

(we are) the professionals
uncontrollable urge
city slang
rocket number 9
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 10:59 pm

Bomber! (fuckin, DUH!)
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 12:06 am

Dancing On Your Grave
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 12:24 am

This movie will be shown on VH1 Classics on Sat. night.
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 6:28 am

Doctor Rock
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 6:32 am

Eat the Rich
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 8:17 am

Traitor
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 9:02 am

it is an unseen classic!
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 10:54 am

http://www.vh1.com/shows/vh1_rock_docs/episode.jhtml?episodeID=175912

This says Friday. Maybe it's a Lemmy weekend. Also, lemmymovie.com is taking pre-orders for the DVD "to arrive on Feb. 15."
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Double disc dvd for only $20. Not bad. Bomber lp sounds good right now.
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 4:23 pm

This says Friday.
Corrected. But it comes on again Sat. night too according to Comcast guide.
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am

lost johnny
metropolis
the hammer
shoot you in the back
emergency
iron horse
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 3:02 pm

I shared an apartment with an ex out in West Hollywood for a few years, and Lemmy was our neighbor. He was exceedingly polite and good-natured, yet gave the impression that he preferred to be treated like a regular guy instead of recognized as a rock icon. There were a lot of celebrities in that neighborhood that carried themselves in a similar fashion.

We would occasionally run into him as he was venturing out to an awaiting cab to start his day at the rock and roll time of 8:30 PM. My former girlfriend was usually out front grabbing an after-dinner smoke around the same time. The only odd experience I recall was walking out one day and seeing him settle up with a pizza driver while he was wearing only a banana hammock.
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 11:04 pm

this is on now. pretty good doc so far.

like a nightmare has to be on the setlist...
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 11:28 pm

yeah, i'm watching too. It's great. This guy was a roadie for Hendrix for christ sake! That's whats so great about Lemmy, he just crosses all boundries.

I spent the evening drinking beer with a local older guy who put new pickups in my kid's guitar Just listening to the dude's cool stories. I imagine that's what Lemmy would be like. Just telling stories and talking shit.
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 11:45 pm

The real 'World's Most Interesting Man'.
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 2:06 am

Great to see Lemmy getting some wider well deserved exposure. They don't make 'em like that anymore. I didn't know he and Billy Bob were buds.
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm

i loved the movie. favorite part was when he stood in the bathroom listening to that bass sing "don't worry be happy" with the most disgusted look on his face (then started to sing it himself)
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

Drew Carey's a fat fuck:

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm

They put on a helluva a show at pops in east st.louis last night!

definitely was waiting for that place to burn down, maybe having kind of a "times in great white history" moment! packed from top to bottom with metal heads, and a few that came up commenting on the goner t-shirt i was wearing, saying how much they liked the oblivians and the label.

It's official- metalheads love goner!

and the opening band, clutch, SUCKED!!!
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 10:16 pm | Edited by: Cole

and the opening band, clutch, SUCKED!!!

figures....what about Valient Thorr? Did you see them?
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 10:23 pm | Edited by: jerryd

we were drinking at the hotel bar, lost track of time and missed them. they played first and apparently went on at 7 sharp!
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 9:36 am

...commenting on the goner t-shirt i was wearing, saying how much they liked the oblivians and the label...It's official- metalheads love goner!

there you have it.

erico, just call up Lemmy and tell him you're eric obvlian of the world-famous oblivians and that you and your crew want him to come down and rock your town. simple. done.
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:50 am

green cine has it, netflix don't.
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 10:51 am

erico, just call up Lemmy and tell him you're eric obvlian of the world-famous oblivians and that you and your crew want him to come down and rock your town. simple. done.

more business needs to be conducted in this manner.
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm

got the DVD last week...GREAT! Fast Eddie Clarke is a highlight interview-wise, that dude always gives a good interview...he isnt bitter and it seems he loves to talk about Motorhead...Fast Eddie rules!

Dave Grohl could learn some self-editing though, dude talks a lotta shit that has no point.

This was somewhat of a vindication to one of the biggest disappointments of my life...went with Kiss Mike to see Motorhead open up for Alice Cooper in '86, I was 15 and already a Motorhead fanatic...spents weeks making a HUGE bedsheet banner to hold up for Motorhead...then some dude came on stage and said something like..."unfortunately Motorhead couldnt make it, so here is Tora Tora!" It was like being served spam covered in pubes when you were promised Filet Mignon...dissapointed to say the least.
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

spents weeks making a HUGE bedsheet banner to hold up for Motorhead...then some dude came on stage and said something like..."unfortunately Motorhead couldnt make it,

I saw you guys. You were holding it up on the main floor at the auditorium North Hall while the lights were still on before anyone started to play. You stomped out right after the announcement. I was disappointed, too. I was there to see Motorhead as well.
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 8:14 am

went with Kiss Mike to see Motorhead open up for Alice Cooper in '86, I was 15 and already a Motorhead fanatic

Me and Lemmy were snorting coke (and pubes) off of Traci Lords legalized twat landing strip. I was only 7 years old, lost my virginity to Traci...what a gal!
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 8:16 am

She was 18 in case you couldn't deduce that...I've always had a thing for older ladies.
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 7:50 pm

then some dude came on stage and said something like..."unfortunately Motorhead couldnt make it, so here is Tora Tora!" It was like being served spam covered in pubes when you were promised Filet Mignon...dissapointed to say the least.

I have a friend who tells the same story about driving to Kansas City to see Motorhead open for Alice Cooper. They got Metal Church, though. So I guess you win the pubes on spam award.
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 7:29 pm

SAUSAGEFEST
Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:22 pm

Tora Tora? god that must of sucked.
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm

I bought the new Motorhead cd "The World Is Yours" the other day. I was in Hot Topic with one my kids. They had it, so I bought it. It has cool songs with titles like "Born To Lose" and " Waiting for the Snake". It's just more fucking Motorhead, which means it's awesome.
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 7:25 am

How does Born to Lose go? Does it start out "Well that's the way it goes, this city is so cold, and I'm I'm so old, that's how I know I know, I was born to lose?"

In that case it would be a cover.
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 7:27 am

I used my poetic license on those lyrics, here's the way it realy goes:

Thats the way it goes
This city is so cold
And I'm, I'm so slow
That's why I know
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®