Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Is there anything besides crusty metal kids in Seattle?
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

I have been up here a few times and it seems like there are nothing but black metal kids donned in very non gay apparel. Are there any homers up here for chrissakes?!
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Are there any homers up here for chrissakes?!
The Simpson variety?
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Stupid iPhone! I meant GONERS! But pretty funny nonetheless!
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 5:57 pm

d'oh!
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Seriously, I'm kinda going a little crazy!
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 6:03 pm

the spits.

apparently theres some pinball filled clowny bar we were reffered to. We didnt go, but it might be what you are looking for. I dont remember what it was called.

ahhh...here it is http://www.shortydog.com/
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Yeah my best friend with whom I am staying with works there! Just wondering if there was any place else. I know someone that was in the spits works there (josh?) but still that's one in how many?
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Brian at the Funhouse does book some pretty good shows of the "homers" variety. The Comet does also.
Seattle is hard to get to know folks, since it's winter and everyone stays at home. When spring comes more folks go out.
I am old and craggly, so i don't go out much, but If a good show comes to town, I do go out.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 10:50 pm

I thought you were looking for gaze.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Wait a minute. Ria? As in Ria the archeologist?
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 11:09 pm

plenty of hipsters in Seattle. Gotta be careful, though. Last show I went to at the Funhouse was a little on the crusty metal side.

'course I love metal of all varieties.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 11:10 pm

If it's gay apparel you're after, Capital Hill is the part of town you require.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Yes robin! It's me! Hope all is well. I've been up here and in light of the recent situation I would really like to be around a few like minded folk. I'm not looking for hipsters, just down to earth people that like to have a good time without a political agenda or who want to take me to a screenprinting class! Thanks again robin for letting beef and I into your hone for goner 4 it was one of the best times in my life! Hope to make it back soon, but don't think it will be the same.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 11:48 pm

And ugh, that link you posted...they are from Portland which I Also visited this passed weekend and they are very fond of metal up there. Metal circa 1984. Or at least that's the look they're going for.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 11:59 pm | Edited by: Cole

Are Goners considered " Hipsters" ? I live in Ms, I don't know about any of this shit.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:01 am

nope, homers.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:02 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

The Hipster and Goner circles do intersect. Not all hipsters are goners and not all goners are hipsters. I'd draw a diagram, but I got carpal tunnel.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah, I never thought of goners as hipsters but there's bound to be a few bad apes that spoil the bunch.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:05 am

I meant apples, goddam iPhone!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:06 am

There's a few down to Earth people in Seattle. Most of the ones I know are from Texas or Arizona, tho.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:13 am

I'm screenprinting right now, but it's my job, not fun time screenprinting.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:13 am

Wait a minute.... I'm from Tucson and spend a lot of time in Texas....either you are complimenting me, your statement is purely coincidental, or you are a freaky interwbz stalker.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:14 am

but all goners are homers.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:29 am

I have a real small view of this thing. My experience is very limited. I've been to the store and one show. I mostly mailorder. The Goner releases don't feel " hipster " to me, but the show I attended did feel somewhat like that. Everyone was cool. No problem there, I'm just going by appearences. I guess that the music is so "unhip" that hipsters dig it.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

get off your god damn iphone and give my buddy Tim a ringy dingy
http://www.myspace.com/timbristle
get him to take you up to the Load Leveller shack and you can get all kinds of gaze

and yeah Robin thanks for letting us into your HONE! Now I'm gonna go get a HOMER tattoo so I can get that Simpsons Sing the Blues album for free and if you really want to have fun try to open a Crusty Burger actually run by crusties....and then hunt down Queensryche and get em to autograph Rush albums
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:10 am

Wait a minute.... I'm from Tucson and spend a lot of time in Texas....either you are complimenting me, your statement is purely coincidental, or you are a freaky interwbz stalker.

Purely coincidental, but you can take it as a compliment as well. Seems kinda Twilight Zone to me, probably cuz I was listening to Coast to Coast AM out on the floor.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:13 am

but all goners are bad apes
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:20 am

*raises hand with other hand planted in armpit for support of vigorous straight-armed waving from desk in back of the class*

HIIIIIIII MAAAAARRK!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:22 am

also you could go to
Seattle Tattoo Emporium
1508 Boren Ave
(between I-5 & Pike St)
Seattle, WA 98101
(206) 622-6895

and tell Hubba and/or Jim Hillary you're from Tucson and friends with Psychic Mike, Abel, Bridgette,etc

or go say hey to Jibo (Lenny's kid)
Diamond Tattoo
1017 Bronson Way S.
Renton, WA 98055
425.227.TAT2

and finish booking that tour, you procrastirater
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:22 am

probably cuz I was listening to Coast to Coast AM out on the floor.

I fucking hat Noory. But, yes. It's on out in the garage.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:23 am

Well, I wouldn't hat him. But, hate him, yes.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:24 am

hi robin...Im bored and slightly buzzed and need to go to sleep so I can work an 8 hour shift tomorrow for the first (and only time) in a month..and it sounds outside like when I wake up I'll be in OZ

and I don't mean the land of awesome music or butt rape
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:29 am

Wait a minute robin, i get no hello? Well you stand up to your name- robin me of a hello! I'm truly butt hurt! And not in the way that I can look back upon and smile about!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

Oh and mark, love of my life...Renton is not in Seattle. And when did you get a job?
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am

Send me y'all's addresses, by the way, and I'll get you the dvd/cd thing. Pretty great.
jack.stands9(at)gmail.com
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am

Your sarcasm is noted and greatly appreciated!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:36 am

This is not the party thread, but I'm going back out to the garage to turn that idiot Noory off and drink beer to some tunes.
Bee right back. PARTY!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:37 am

I've always had a job, dumb girl...it's the work that's sporadic....get to go load and unload trucks full of opera props and make sure the sound gear is safe, secure, and accounted for....and I just thought that was another name for one of them Seattle neighborhoods..."I live in Loserville, well I'm from Tippsytown Loch, I rest my head in FrothingWeaselburg"
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:37 am

Your sarcasm is noted and greatly appreciated!

But I made yours bigger.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:43 am

Okay, okay....I've always had a job too. I just haven't worked in six months. And I'm sorry that you're in love with a dumb girl, that's pretty lame!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:49 am

for some reason i want to imagine mark beef and ria making out while eating sloppy joes.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:49 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

@Ria not as lame as what this thread is deteriorating into

ba boom!

@deadcityrebel I wish I had a sloppy joe
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:51 am

And shortys has waaaay too many clown affiliated regalia for my taste!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:53 am

@Ria hahahaha...could you even walk into that place?

I imagine you screaming and running down the street before you even got within two feet
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:57 am

@Mark Beef hey faggot why don't you go to bed
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 7:22 am

but all goners are homers.

I feel like I am back in Logic Class at U of M.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 9:39 am

they are from Portland

not anymore. Black Elk is done. Sadly.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 10:00 am

Metal rules!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

bring gore tex!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:31 pm

If the clowns in Shorty's get to be too much for you- just go to the Lava Lounge- 1 or 2 doors down. Dark, usually mellow & cheap drinks. Everyone I know in Seattle is from Arizona or Texas, too! Weird. I'd try to show ya around to some other spots- but I'm down here in 1984 era metal Portland.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm pretty sure most of Seattle's getting geared up for a massive grunge resurgence.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

We tried to go to the metal museum when we were in Memphis, but maybe all of the excessive drinking affected our ability to read directions. Or see straight.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah, I like the lava lounge. Its pretty cool in there. And thanks for the offer luciferous, if i ever go back down that way maybe ill look you up! And dont get me wrong, I love me some metal but it gets a little daunting. Just trying to find some of my peeps up here in See-town!
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 2:58 pm

We tried to go to the metal museum when we were in Memphis, but maybe all of the excessive drinking affected our ability to read directions. Or see straight.
it's hard to find your first time going there
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

seattle's full of fat little boys in tight jeans with two-tone mullets and eyeliner. that whole dirtbag, junky motley crue look seems to be huge up there.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Thats what I was saying. Dont quite get it, but hey whatever works.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Last time I was there, I went up to UW and rented a rowboat from that boathouse on the lake (behind the football stadium). The wind immediately blew me 1/2 mile downstream into a bunch of weeds and it took me 90 minutes to row back. I felt like a real Pacific NW'er and was able to babble on drunkenly about it at the Intelligence show I took in that night.
SO .... recommended!
I did NOT wear a jaunty little yachting cap to the show, however.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 4:50 pm

last time I was in Seattle I puked on the bedroom floor and blamed it on the dog
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 5:30 pm

You did? Where was I? Or was that me?
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

you were asleep....I cleaned it up as best I could while still drunk...don't tell kate
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 6:09 pm

If yer feelin a little fancy- try Brouwer's in the Fremont area. Only been there once but was very impressed with the 60+ beers on tap and the tasty food. A little on the pricey side- but I think they have a decent happy hour & it's pretty easy to get hammered there fast, drinkin all those super potent european brews. Plus- I've never seen wild boar on anyone else's menu...
My buddies tend to go there on Sunday afternoons when it's not as crowded with the yuppie set.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Thats a great suggestion! I will take it!
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm

is tim's place still open?

tims not involved w/ tiger tail anymore, this is his place -

http://snoosejunctionpizzeria.com/

and this is mine - too many damn clowns, i know.........

http://www.thefunhouseseattle.com/
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm

yeah, not one but TWO centrally-located clown-themed drinking establishments. I don't get it. I also don't "get" how they deal with the inconvenience of all those lakes and bays n' stuff.
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 5:43 pm

I also don't "get" how they deal with the inconvenience of all those lakes and bays n' stuff.
And those crazy hills!!
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Bridges, skateboards, man calves, and subarus...
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 10:05 pm

for some reason i want to imagine mark beef and ria making out while eating sloppy joes

No you don't!

Really?!

Brrrrrr!
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 2:39 pm

you can still imagine it's me and you making out, donn
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 5:45 pm

i'm gonna be n seattle in march 'm going to see wait for it ..metal !!!!!!im going to theshrine builder how and the norhwest has always been full of metal heads there and the gulf coast
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 5:50 pm

also your like 2hours from one of the best punk spots around vancouver bc!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®