Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / R.I.P. Jay Reatard (wtf???)
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 2:49 am

huh? is this a bad dream?? can't believe the guy's dead!!!
a true original - damN.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:06 am

R.I.P. Jay, and a a boat load of love to all who have lost a friend!!! I've lost two this year. One is too many!!! Much respect Jay, and thanks for the good times with you at Goner Fest!!! You treated this out of towner like a true friend!!!
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 7:26 am

Nothing but good memories about you, Jay! So many shows, so many stories. What a fuckin shame, such a wholehearted musician, so young. Rest in Peace my friend!
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 7:50 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

Very unsettling. I've heard rumors of o.d. or murder. Times like this I wish I new how to twitter. All I know for sure is that he complained of "flu-like" symptoms...in my experience that could be from coming down off something or hell it could be murder...that's just the thing most all of us are in the dark. I got the impression that he could be kind of sensitive in my limited experience with him, but I can't accept the suicide rumors. Maybe I'm naive but I'm still hoping that this is some sort of Barnum and Bailey stunt...it looks bleak however. Most people that post on this board got to watch him grow up and have really lost a dear friend. I wore my beer stained Reatards shirt 5 days straight at the first Oblivians reunion. Now I have it on under my work shirt. Regardless of what kind of relationship he had with anyone, he has made music that matters...no one can deny that.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 7:56 am

Hugs to strangers, for what it's worth...
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 7:58 am

I feel very sorry for all of his friends and family for their personal loss but I feel really sorry for the rest of us for the songs not written yet we'll never get to hear...sounds selfish I know...they say you can't take it with you but...those songs are gone....just dig what we got.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 8:38 am

Please, please, please do not turn this into some fucking flame-like thread. PLEASE.
(sorry, i feel like i need to say that, but don't)

I logged on today, just for details. For anyone planning funeral deets. I need to buy a plane ticket and I have left my phone number at Goner.

Thanks!
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 8:40 am

word. need to know the details as well.....
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 8:47 am

I looked at my "thanks" and it almost looked perky.
I am soooo fucking far from perky.

Just an FYI all emails to Goner are bouncing. I am sure that you are getting too many, but 2 last night and one today have bounced.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 8:50 am

So sad, a thrue musical genius : saw him twice with the Reatards (a.o. first tour with Persuaders), twice with Lost Sounds and once solo. Jay knew how to set the place on fire...
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:10 am

well bazooka joe Im glad you like nobunny so much cause yes they are a great act ! And yes a tough one to follow .. But news flash you ugly little internet troll .. Every single person in every band on the JAY REATARD shattered tour thought you where the biggest most annoying asshole ever and made fun of your dumb ass every chance you left the room.. Do your self a favor and stay out of our back stages when you are not invited ! You are a creepy fucking fan boy groupie and thanks for kissing my ass in person and being a dick on the internet

i miss him already, and i'm honestly very sad about this. my condolences to his real friends. hang in there.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:11 am

It seems like just a short time ago I was checking out a new buzz band called the Reatards at the Goner record release party at the Young Avenue Deli. I was blown away that night. How many really good bands was he in at any one time? Kind of mind blowing. The guy lived and breathed it.

His performance at the Gonerfest 3 with the Reatards was among the most intense and powerful I've ever witnessed in years of going to punk shows.

R.I.P.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:11 am

when i read that i hear him singing it in reatards voice.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:17 am

Just in case you thought it was strange that this thread is a little short, there's another one in the Goner Records forum.

R.I.P.
http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&to pic=47961
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:18 am

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:19 am | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:21 am

thanks, leftpeg - i did think so

:-(
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:28 am | Edited by: Crystal Lake

RIP.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:52 am

so fucked.. my condolences to his close friends and family.. R.I.P...
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 11:07 am

JAY!

11/03/2005, Shattered tour, Beat Club, Hamburg.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 11:38 am

Fucking sucks.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 12:05 pm

I am not sure why this bums me out as much as it does, but it seriously affected my sleep last night and has haunted me all day. I didn't really know Jay. My only interaction with him was the handful of times I hung out with him after hours at the deli and the couple of conversations we shared over beers or whatever. I knew his music and loved it, but to me he was the guy who worked in the smoke shop. A nice kid who had a reputation of making the most mayhem possible....
Last time I saw him play was opening for the Pony's at the deli. It was a furious show that made people's faces melt. Good stuff.

Music fans, the music community and Midtown Memphis all lost a good one. RIP my man.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 1:49 pm

"A police investigation" is all I could get out of Dee Griffin on the news last night.

My penis/conscious/gemini cricket tells me it's too soon to check the gossip-mill yet, or even if I should attend the funeral.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm glad I got to see his show in Salt Lake a couple years ago. Like nothing I'd ever seen. Really makes me sad.

I think I've listened to Blood Visions more than ahy other record in the past few years.

R.I.P
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 2:29 pm

I think I've listened to Blood Visions more than any other record in the past few years.

I can second that. So fucking untimely and sad.
RIP
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 2:44 pm

An article about Jay just made the top of the Enertainment section of the msn.com website:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=451813>1=28103
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Jay was a talented, hardworking dude. It'll be weird not buying a new Reatard record once every couple months anymore.
It always seemed like Jay promoted other bands just as much as he did his own stuff - which did a lot for many other great bands and record labels.
He was an important songwriter of our time and had a million more great songs in him.
He was young and this just sucks.
RIP.

Jay covers Nirvana:
http://www.jayreatard.com/jay/mp3/Frances_Farmer_Will_Have_Her_Revenge _on_Seattle.mp3
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm

My heart goes out to Memphis.
Handling as best I can. Shook up to say the least.

Jay helped me out so much.
I'm forever thankful.
Regardless of anything anyone else experiances, Jay was always super nice too me.
Fucking terrible.
Really sad.
Will miss you Jay.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:33 pm

http://www.beck.com/

whoah. that rules.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm

and so do you justin
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:01 pm

OMG:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/011410-mpd-investigating-ja y-reatard%27s-death-as-homicide

That link isn't working? Did they take it down already?
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

looks that way. I saw a ton of tweets a little while ago, so the site may have been bombarded.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:08 pm

found this on another site, but don't know if it was substantiated, or if they were responding to the same link that you posted earlier...i would hesitate to call the info credible at this point..

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10076_Jay_Reatard_Death_Be ing_Treated_As_Homicide
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Here's a link from Pitchfork, which linked to the Fox Memphis article (since removed). It still has the details from it:

http://pitchfork.com/news/37592-jay-reatards-death-investigated-as-hom icide-by-memphis-police/
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:11 pm

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Oh shit.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:36 pm

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2010/01/13/705196.aspx

The Memphis Commercial Appeal, citing Memphis Police, reports Reatard's body was discovered by his roommate around 3:30 a.m. this morning, and that the punk musician had been complaining of flu-like symptoms.

The newspaper also reports homicide investigators are looking into Reatard's death. However, the paper adds that the investigators' involvement is pretty much standard procedure for unexpected deaths and there are no indications the artist met with foul play.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:40 pm

I was referring to a memphis foxnews story (linked first by leftpeg on another thread) that has since been pulled which explicity stated that police were looking for a suspect and more info. With the link down and the story pulled I'm assuming it was a mistake. The other links above are blogs and sites that linked back to the memphis foxnews story that is no longer available.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm

I was referring to a memphis foxnews story (linked first by leftpeg on another thread)
Actually it was MadHatter who posted that. I pretty much said the same thing as Kevin, regarding police procedure.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm | Edited by: Seamus

this shit sucks so much i haven't even dared to look on this site since the time i figured it wasn't another internet hoax.

rip.

fuck.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Yes, RIP...of course. I've found myself a little speechless as well...and hoping the rumors will stop, and some sort of truth is recovered soon. Death always gives me nightmares about protecting my kid from some calamity...hate it.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 9:26 pm

I was pretty shocked to find this out last night and only now could bring myself on here to wish all goners and especially Jay's friends my condolences. Sorry about this, y'all.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Read and article in the New York Times, he's all over the national press...it's sad that a good portion of the articles are about mainstream celebrities reactions to his death...like that is what legitimizes his music and life...fuck all that bullshit.

Now half the media says the police are offering a reward for any info leading to a suspects arrest and the others say that the police don't suspect foul play. I just get sickened thinking about his early shit like Teenage Hate and Grown Up Fucked Up, the shit I'll never forget...and how sickening it is that this is how he winds up...another punk rock conspiracy theory...I won't call him a punk rock casualty because he's one of those guys who was saved by punk rock....goddamn I hate American music culture.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Actually it was MadHatter who posted that. I pretty much said the same thing as Kevin, regarding police procedure.

I misspoke when I quoted you leftpeg. Sorry about that.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 10:48 pm

not sure if this has been posted on here already:

The memorial service will take place on Saturday, January 16 at 5:00pm at Memorial Park Funeral Home, 5668 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN. This will be open to the public.

fucking sad.
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 11:46 pm

I am so sorry. It's so terribly sad. The worst part is thinking about how shattered all of you folks who were close to him must be. My heart goes out to you all.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 12:20 am

I've seen almost all 50 states thanks to Jay. I keep thinking back at all that time I spent with him inside a hot, smelly cargo van....it was a surreal, life changing ride. Jay probably brought more adventure to my life than anyone else.

It was an honor and a privilage driving for him.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 12:38 am

http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/15/was-jay-reatards-death-a-homicide/

fucking internet vampires. remember this, after this.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 12:57 am

jesus christ, recycling webshits and blah blah blahs is what passes for journalism now?
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 1:12 am

disgusting.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 1:17 am

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 2:25 am

This has been so completely fucked, I can't think. There's so much shit I want to say, but I can't really put it all together. We weren't BFF, but we called and e-mailed each other for recording stuff, borrowed, lent and blew up each other's gear, told jokes at shows, and bought each other beers, I tried to buy anything he put out and gave him stuff I did as soon as it was made, never thinking he'd listen to it, but man, I was proud of him and told him all the time. I missed the show Monday because I've been working so much, and figured I'd catch everybody some other time. Almost went, but didn't, and hate myself for it. Tuesday night, I was hanging out in the garage listening to him on the record player. Tammy came out before she went to bed, and asked who it was. I smiled and said "it's Jay". We listened, and I talked over the music, pointing to the record player with a heavy buzz about "he's going to 'make it'", and the story about the disco ball at Nocturnal, and other shit that I was just happy about for him.
Fuck. None of these words convey anything I really want to say to his friends and family and people that have known him longer than me, but I've typed this up four times before tonight and deleting it because none of that shit said anything either and I'm tired but I feel like I have to say something.
This is fucked, I'm sorry, and I'll miss the shit out of him.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 2:27 am

http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/15/was-jay-reatards-death-a-homicide/

fucking internet vampires. remember this, after this.

Whoah!

I've been accused of being a catty little bitch over many years but that piece links to sub TMZ levels.

I've lost too many friends too young.

I was told a story I pissed off Jay once. Whatever. He knew what he was doing.

RIP
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 8:51 am

This is insane. Can't they respect a person who died 2 days ago? This popeater.com makes me sick!
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 9:23 am

I WISHED SO MUTCH THIS WAS SOME KINDA JAY FUNNEY JOKE!!! AND EVEN THOUGH I WOULD HAVE TO GO KILL HIM...IT'S JUST A REAL NITEMARE. IM SO PROUD OF JAY!!! I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!!! HE'S MY LITTLE BRO AND MY LIL'NIG!!! REST FOR A WHILE...YOUR GONNA NEED IT WHEN THE POWER OF HELL IS TURNED OVER TO YOU...NEXT STOP.STORM THE GATES OF HEAVEN MUTHER FUCKER!!!
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 9:23 am

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 9:34 am

This is so fucking horrible! The sadness is indescribable.

You're a comrade and a cohort,an inspiration and a friend.Your music gave me guidance to keep playing in times when i considered throwing in the towel. Your shows and records helped me re-think tone,performance,and songwriting in ways i can only attempt to decipher.

I was really happy for your success and was looking forward to witnessing what would be next as this musical direction unfolded. Now all we have is all there is: an amazing body of work that will always be with us.

Thanks Jay. I'm glad to have known you and will miss you like a motherfucker. Jay Reatard FOREVER.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 11:05 am

FORnEVER
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Jay story on Fox (Memphis) news
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 2:04 pm

*fucking internet vampires. remember this, after this.*

FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS. I hope they get diarrhea for a year. And Popeater can come troll here and quote me on that.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 2:05 pm

total drag
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Sorry. Much respect. RIP.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 6:14 pm

RIP
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Jay eulogy/photo feature by Canderson '98-2008 up today at http://www.victimoftime.com/
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am

those songs are gone....just dig what we got

Sold a few of his records today at work. Sad that he was really just trying out some new shit on the latest record, and I would have loved to see what he did next...

However, I shouldn't dwell on that. I think that its pretty rare that somebody can compose a whole album of songs like Blood Visions where every track just kills, so even if that were the only thing he ever did it would be enough. I'll never forget this guy.
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 3:06 am

Whodathunk some innernet board would provide a eulogy to swell me up.

PS: Thanks for the pix, Rich.
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 10:40 am

Jay eulogy/photo feature by Canderson '98-2008 up today at http://www.victimoftime.com/

We had no idea what was next, Teengenerate and the Oblivians had just broke up, we hadn't heard the Clone Defects yet, and punk music in general was in a state of disarray that was soon to be remedied by Jay and his never-ending energetic spurts of creativity.

So true.
So rad.

Cheers to Horizontal Action.
Cheers to VoT.
Cheers to Todd (and VoT gang)
Cheers to Canderson.

Much love to you all.
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 12:25 pm

I went through the hardest year of my life in 2008 and reached out to a few people because i really needed them. jay was one of them, and he reached right back over and over again, offering me an unbelievable kindness and gentleness of his soul that never seemed to cut through the music and drugs and damage of the public persona he spent years creating.

i know all the tales of hedonism and hurt are true, but mine is too, and that's how i will remember him.

i am truly sorry not to be with the goner family in memphis this weekend, but jack, mike, harry and i did our very best the other night drawing decadence around us in tribute.

RIP, jay.
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 1:51 pm | Edited by: luke batarang

fuck, can't put Jay's death out of my mind - haven't been moved by someone's death since John Peel passed away - during the talks I had with Jay, it always felt good to be on the same line found some pics of the first Reatards show in Belgium in 1999 (did I really went to shows in that Ho Chi Minh t-shirt???)

RIP Jay, it fuckin' meant a lot and I'm still very impressed!!!
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm

to be on the same line => to be on the same wavelength

(wanted to correct this before you guys think it has something to do with coke or whatever...)
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Lady Savage asked me to post a link to her photos of Jay, they're shot on a few of his European shows.
Here's the link.
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 2:58 pm

fuck, can't put Jay's death out of my mind

Me neither. It's fucked up and so depressing to know we'll never see him on or off stage again. The only good thing I can think of right now is that he left such a damn great legacy. I'm considering myself damn lucky that I could enjoy his music live so often.
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Sorry to see a local boy doing good for himself and his town go down at such a young age. At least he beat the 27 club by two.
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am

all my love for all you close to him. i cried this morning while reading eric's eulogy. i'm so sorry.
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 4:55 pm

my fav Jay quote: "I laid a log on their blog"
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Best Jay quote: "That hippy knocked my guitar out of tune."
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 10:12 pm

Think we'll ever know what actually happened?
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Think we'll ever know what actually happened?

if his death is still under investigation then it might take a while but whatever the cause then that's totally up to his family. i have no idea how things are done in memphis but here in chicago it generally takes 6-8 weeks for the results, sometimes longer.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:59 am

shit...hello I'm still waiting to hear about the autopsy results for Michael Jackson
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:06 am

My favorite jay quote

"Damn nigger your like the first person to leave negative feedback in person"
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 1:47 am

7 shows in k-zoo

2 Lost Sounds shows
1 Oscars show
1 Angry Angles show
1 Lids Show
1 Evil Army show
1 Final Solutions show..

these are the shows that I remember...every time I talked to Jay he was A-OK..he was doin his thing, and he was havin a good time. Thats how I will remember Jay.
-Chris.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 10:03 am

Yeah I think the associated press was trolling this website. They kept feeding my own gossip back to me. Someone should make me a music journalist, I could learn how to blog and twitter, speculate and purport inaccuracies. I think Lady Gaga liked Jay Reatard she extends her condolences.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 10:47 am

7 shows in k-zoo
Jay spent the night at our place after that (awesome) Angry Angles show, we drank a fifth of whiskey and tons of Kraftbrau beer outta jugs till 5am. And in the morning Jay gave me 'one of each' of the 7"s he was selling on tour.
That night was cool.
and
"Things are Moving" is one of my favorite Jay songs.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 2:29 pm

I think Lady Gaga liked Jay Reatard she extends her condolences.

Funny. At the Hi-Tone on Sat. night there was a woman that was trying to look like lady gaga. I kept pointing at her and saying to anyone near me "have you met Lady Gaga"? then she heard me and became upset.

I might also go down in history as the only girl to cry not once, but twice during a Oblivians set.
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:09 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

downloads - doodz

Reatards - 'Fuck Elvis Here's the Reatards - early demo w/ Greg O on drums.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3gpbbnydlmm

LIVE stuff:

Angry Angles 5-26-06 - Empty Bottle
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmzmvkzmibz

Angry Angles - Belgium 11-19-05
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3jv4pr1jbl

VPRO Radio show - Amsterdam - 5-16-07
http://www.mediafire.com/?o4j3zjdxbsn

Austin - Halloween 2007
http://www.mediafire.com/?zycymomnfqo

Australia 3-7-08
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynlmdnez32x

NYC 10-10-07
http://www.mediafire.com/?5nx3bynwo45

6-16-07 - Paris
http://www.mediafire.com/?nc1m9yj9z9c

Toronto (10-05-07)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tfm30wdmbwn
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks Rich. Very cool.
Posted: May 13, 2010 12:46 am

Thanks for posting that stuff Rich. Has someone issued the early stuff on an LP or EP? I'd like to have a copy of that on a record. all the live Angry Angles stuff I've seen and heard was really great! I'm inspired even now by his talent.
Posted: May 13, 2010 1:38 am

Jay rulz. My first stop back in memphis is his resting spot.

I just turned over the greatest footage of him at maxwells given to me by anonymous friend... that will appear in that new movie(withhis approval of course) about garage rock done by vice. no one has this. it's unreal. best Jay show ever, with Bloodvisions lineup. audio and video is perfect. Stephen Pope is killin it....amazing. Movie out soon...

Fuck i can't believe he's gone......
Posted: May 13, 2010 6:37 am

greatest footage of him at maxwells given to me by anonymous friend

i wish my friends were anonymous!

fuckers have my name, my number...

RIP JR
Posted: May 13, 2010 2:07 pm

wasn't jay raging about vice being at gonerfest last year? i was drunk its hard to remember...miss ya friend<3
Posted: May 14, 2010 7:05 am | Edited by: clif

Has someone issued the early stuff on an LP or EP? I'd like to have a copy of that on a record

I agree. Also, does the whole tape of "Fuck Elvis, Here's the Reatards" still exist? I've only ever seen portions of it up on the web. Would love to hear the whole thing.

The Angry Angles were great. I really like the Final Solutions stuff too. Terror Visions are fun for a listen every now and then. This of course assmes the greatness of Lost Sounds, Reatards, and solo stuff. It's always amazing just how productive and varied his talents were. Still wish I could see more shows of his.
Posted: May 14, 2010 8:28 am

The "Fuck Elvis" was a split tape with the Jackmonkeys (early Final Solutions-different drummer-but recorded by Jay).

A year or two ago, I digitized the "Fuck Elvis" part and sent it to Jay via email. He had long since lost those songs. He posted it on it's website in it's entirety. I don't know if it's still there.

I don't want to speak out of turn, but if he posted the songs on his page, I doubt he'd mind if someone burned copies of the songs.

However, now that I think about it, perhaps you couldn't actually download the songs from the site because he didn't want folks passing them around. I have no idea how he'd feel about that stuff being pressed.

Zac or Eric do you have any thoughts on this? If it shouldn't be pressed, is it okay to burn copies??

I do know, however, that the Jackmonkeys isn't something that Zac, Justice and I are very proud of and will never see the light of day. It's kinda funny in a "I was a REALLY stoopid teenager" sort of way, though.

This is the first time I've posted anything about Jay since his death. I miss Jay everyday and I value the time I was able to spend with him greatly.
Posted: May 14, 2010 9:03 am

Jay gave me a demo of about 7 songs that ended up on Blood Visions. Some of them are a little different from the lp versions, and they've not been released elsewhere. Eric, I guess I'll email you.
Posted: May 15, 2010 12:32 am

I recently watched a vid of the first solo appearance in AZ with Ryan Wong on drums and Mark Berry on bass and it is a top notch performance...the audio and video is a little out of sync but it was a still unedited version so that'll probably get fixed. Jason (who used to play in DL) shot it....it's really worth bugging someone about
Posted: May 16, 2010 2:09 am

I really dig both Reatards LP's. Just a sayin. Jays OK!
Posted: May 16, 2010 2:18 am

if it still works here's the fuck elvis link from jay's blog
http://www.jayreatard.com/tag/free-shit/page/2/

this shit rules
Posted: May 16, 2010 6:18 pm

At the Hi-Tone on Sat. night there was a woman that was trying to look like lady gaga.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, she's had that look for like 10 years. lady gaga would've been like 12 at that point. just a little baby monster.
Posted: May 16, 2010 8:51 pm

been listening to blood visions all weekend. me and the wife had a toast to jay at the american legion tonight. still and will always be horribly upset. what an artist. damn.
Posted: Jan 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Already been a year, totally weird not having 10 new Jay records in 2010.
Hope some un-released material gets released someday.
Posted: Jan 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Hope some un-released material gets released someday.

This will happen. Lost Sounds, Reatards & Jay solo stuff, too. Various labels, looks like.
Posted: Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Really? thats awesome!
Posted: Jan 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Awesome indeed! I can't wait.
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 1:31 am

very cool news!
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 10:00 am

life after death.
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Even in death the man just keeps giving.
JAY
LIVES
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Eric - keep us posted. Can't wait to get hold of it.

RIP Jay - 1 year.
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Year zero...
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 4:34 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 4:38 am

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am

Best teenage angst band ever...The Meatmen were alright...Angry Samoans those guys were scholars.....Reatards best teenage angst band ever....I'm glad I had the chance to enjoy their music as a teenager also.
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 2:41 pm | Edited by: I am the Arm

Damn...I guess this means jay won't need me to buy him blow when he comes to LA.

Miss that guy. His absence has since helped scare me away from that shit.

R.I.P. my nigga
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 4:43 pm

I love you Eric from LA.
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 9:51 pm

As announced on Lindsey's Shattered Records site yesterday, a site now operated by manager Adam Shore on behalf of Lindsey's estate, a host of new and reissued material from Lindsey's career is set for potential release this year, including a "best of" compilation of solo material, new and reissued material from his earlier bands Reatards and Lost Sounds, and potentially a documentary film. Additionally, members of the online "Shattered Records club" will receive a seven-inch single comprising two songs Lindsey recorded only days before his death. This single, according to the site, is not being made available for purchase.

According to Lindsey's Lost Sounds bandmate Alicja Trout, and confirmed by Goner Records' Zac Ives, two new Lost Sounds seven-inch singles are in the works. One will be a reissue of the band's first single, originally released on the Italian label Solid Sex Love Doll. The other will pair two previously unreleased songs.

Trout says that work is still being done on a Lost Sounds "best of" compilation, which will be released, but the release date, label, and make-up of the collection are still being determined, with unreleased band outtakes potentially becoming part of that package but possibly being spun off into a separate release. Straight reissues of Lost Sounds studio albums will follow at some point, Trout says, but not until the singles, outtakes, and compilation are dealt with.

As for Lindsey's teen band, the Reatards, Ives says that Goner is prepping a reissue of the band's first album, 1998's Teenage Hate, for a release sometime in the first half of this year as a one CD or two LP release, possibly including earlier extra material originally released only on cassette. This includes bedroom tape material with Jay playing alongside mentor Greg Cartwright (Oblivians, Reigning Sound) on drums.

-Memphis Flyer
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Ives says that Goner is prepping a reissue of the band's first album, 1998's Teenage Hate, for a release sometime in the first half of this year as a one CD or two LP release, possibly including earlier extra material originally released only on cassette. This includes bedroom tape material with Jay playing alongside mentor Greg Cartwright (Oblivians, Reigning Sound) on drums.

vinyl please!!!!! WOW!
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 11:02 pm

no shit. i still only have a cd of teenage hate, which means it only gets listened to in the car.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®