Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / dennis hopper soon to be a goner
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Looking forward to the photo book.
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm

that sucks_ should I check out this show "crash" I've never watched it - they seem to think it's some of the best acting he's ever done, I'm not sure any one character could rival frank booth:)
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 9:11 pm

solid photographer a real good actor and an amazing partier. i considered the guy a role model. seriously. never saw an interview with him i didn't like and he did a good job in every movie i saw even if the movie sucked like Speed. he was fuckin' amazing in Paris Trout.
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 10:15 pm

i considered the guy a role model.

i always considered frank booth my role model.

seriously, though, anyone who spent a night in a jacuzzi full of champagne with natalie wood is only to be envied and admired.
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm

he was fuckin' amazing in Paris Trout.

Yes he was; I had almost forgotten about that movie, but talk about making you believe a role- there you go. Dennis Hopper is one of my very favorite actors and that fucking sucks about the cancer. If anything, nobody can say that guy didn't lead a full life alright; full enough life for an entire football team worth of motherfuckers probably.
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Did you know "if" is the middle word in life? You can't go out into space with fractions.
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 12:04 am

Pre RIP Dennis.!!!
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 8:04 am

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:39 am

Too bad. The good die way too young. One of my favorite actors. Apocalypse Now
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:13 am

Too bad. The good die way too young.

He's 73 years old and it's amazing he's lasted this long. Still sucks tho.
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am

Pre RIP Dennis.!!!

dunno about the protocol on that. whoah.
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:50 am

dunno about the protocol on that. whoah.

You might have to start a new media empire to deal with it.

Going Going perhaps.
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 2:08 am

ok..Please dont die D.Hopper.
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 11:21 am

Super Mario Brothers.
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

Oh, no!
That means no Space Truckers 2!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 12:35 pm

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr99.html

That whole "Inside the LC" series is insanely entertaining.

For those who may be unfamiliar with Hopper's body of work, he is the guy who was once found wandering naked and bewildered in a Mexican forest. And the guy who, after divorcing Hayward in 1969, married Michelle Phillips on Halloween day, 1970, only to have her file for divorce just eight days later claiming that Hopper had kept her handcuffed and imprisoned for a week while making "unnatural sexual demands."

Without passing judgment here, I think it's fair to say that Michelle Phillips has been around the block a time or two, if you catch my drift, so if even she thought Hopper's demands were a bit over the top, then one can only wonder just how "unnatural" they might have been. For what it's worth, Hopper just recently told a journalist that he "didn't handcuff her, [he] just punched her out!" In his mind, apparently, that makes him somewhat less of an asshole.

Most official biographies of Hopper would lead one to believe that he was the son of a simple farmer. Dennis recently acknowledged, however, that that was clearly not the case: "My mother's father was a wheat farmer and I was raised on their farm. But my father was not a farmer." To the contrary, Hopper's dad was "a working person in intelligence" who during WWII "was in the OSS. He was in China, Burma, India." Hopper has proudly proclaimed that his father "was one of the 100 guys that liberated General Wainright out of prison in Korea," which might be a little more impressive were it not for the fact that it was actually the Red Army that freed Wainright and other prisoners; the US intel team just came to pick them up, debrief them and transport them home ... but that, I suppose, isn't really relevant.

After the war, according to Hopper, his dad carried a gun, which I suppose is what most lay ministers in the Methodist Church do. The family also left the farm in Kansas and relocated to San Diego, California, home of the Imperial Beach Naval Air Station, the United States Naval Radio Station, the United States Naval Amphibious Base, the North Island Naval Air Station, Fort Rosecrans Military Reservation, the United States Naval Training Center, the United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot, and the Miramar Marine Corps Air Station. And just north of the city sits the massive Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base. Other than that though, San Diego is just a sleepy little beach town where Hopper's dad ostensibly worked for the Post Office.

The modern version of Dennis Hopper, by the way, is wildly at odds with the hippie image that he at one time tried very hard to cultivate. Today's Dennis Hopper is an unapologetic cheerleader for Team Bush who proudly boasts of having voted a straight Republican ticket for nearly thirty years. He could very well turn up on the campaign trail in the coming months with his lips firmly planted on the ass of war criminal John McCain.

He actually supported Obama (who it turns out is really not much different than Bush).
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 1:02 pm | Edited by: Beer Joint

About fucking time...He was in Rebel Without a Cause for christs sakes.

Obama hasn't invaded any countries because he knew God was on our side.....what is up with all the idiotic political sentiment on this message board anyways? Republicans have to endure Obama the way democrats endured Bush...the only difference is that Obama isn't a complete fucking idiot, only a little bit.
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Hell Ride is a great movie by the way...Hopper was awesome in it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®