Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Caporino blabs some more
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:02 am

M.O.T.O./Triple Thick at The Plough and Stars, Cambridge MA, Tues Dec 29

Got a gig tonight - hopefully people in the Boston area will see this and come to the show in droves. Should be a king gasser!

So anyway, here it is and I'm sitting in front of the laptop that Jenny Hurricane has loaned me. It's cold outside and gonna get colder - don't let that stop you from catching our show though, Boston area folks. We'll make it nice and warm in the Plough and Stars at 912 Mass Ave. in Cambridge.

Trying to overcome my natural laziness and get stuff ready for the move back to New Orleans. Gonna ship most of it back through FedEx, cheap as I can send it. I don't have much stuff anymore anyway. Still got some of my old 45s - I hung onto those.

I'm off of work this week coz Brown University is closed for the holidays. Will be back next week to process those grad school applications. The people applying are so frigging young it almost kinda bums me out. But that's what happens - you get older, they stay the same age. Kinda like jailbait.

I let my hair go gray, but I'm thinking of dyeing it brown again. I don't feel like myself anymore, and I look TOO much like my older brother. Well, at least it's growing out. I got it cut really short last summer and JEEZ did I look old. Ugh. It's funny, my sisters Diane and Karen talked me into letting my hair go gray, yet they both dye their own hair. Hmmm.

Looking to tour Europe with the original MOTOs in April - in fact it's probably gonna happen. I'm kinda rushing around looking for a label to put out something in time for the tour. A 7" or something like that. I was thinking of putting out some stuff we recorded back in the 80s - maybe some Killed-By-Death aficionados might dig it. How do you spell aficionados anyway?

I had a couple beers for breakfast this morning - actually I went to the Hudson Street Deli and had a bagel and coffee first. Then I went back to the pad, saw the two beers in the fridge and thought "why not"? I'm probably gonna miss Dundee Honey Brown beer when I move - at least I'm gonna miss how cheap it is at Tropical Liquors - $5 for a 6-pack.

I'm going to have to get a car in New Orleans. Hopefully I'll have enough money to get a decent used one. The thought of owning a CAR blows my mind now - I haven't owned a car since 1987. Well, the streetcars don't run everywhere and I gotta make it out to Harahan to practice so....here goes.

I've always had bad luck with cars. I remember the green VW bug I had that blew up on the I-10. Me and Goubler hauled-ass out of the car, the backseat was in flames. I still remember that column of smoke rising in the night sky and hearing the firetrucks wailing. God, that was embarrassing - it's pretty funny now though.

Anyway, if you're in the New Orleans area and you got a good used car for sale, let me know.
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Gig went well last night. Triple Thick were good. Saw some familiar faces and it was cool. The bar treated us well. Cold outside though.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about my hair. I was accused of being blond last night (!), but that's probably the last faded remnants of the brown. I'll probably leave it alone. Who knows?

Went to the deli and had a sandwich today. Can't wait to get back to work next week. It's nice to have the week off, but I'd rather be earning money. At least I got some cash last night from the gig. That was nice.
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 4:19 pm

That car is awesome, but there's no way that the odometer hasn't rolled over.
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 2:18 pm

And as of today it's another year older - Happy New Year!
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Whoop! Here it is, 2012 and I'm in Finland recording an album. Nice place! Boy it's cold.
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 9:15 pm | Edited by: Record Shop Asshole

Paul, how do you like living in NOLA again (I know you're in Finland, but...)? Do you ever miss Chicago and/or RI?
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey Paul, Do you know your label mates Lama, Ratsia, Stalin(Fin), and Axegrinder? Saw the packaging for "Kill Moto" real nice.
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Paul, you should do a duet with Paska.
Posted: Jan 18, 2012 6:33 am

I haven't been in NOLA since mid-September, and then only for two days after touring the States/Canada for two months or so. I miss a lot of Chicago (I'll be there from Jan 31-Feb 17) and I miss The Scurvy Dog in Providence RI.

I am familiar with my label mates!

Oops! New release on Svart/Blast Of Silence: http://www.svartrecords.com/shoppe/885-moto-no-way-street-lp.html
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®