Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / shitty new bands
SinglesGoingNowhere
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 10:50 pm

The Killers...my god they are fuckin horrible.

my girlfriend has found out about them and now plays their mp3s all day.

horrible wanna be new wave shit that sounds like an even faggotier Duran Duran.

I bet the NME love these guys.

bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 10:54 pm

You better kich that bitch in the teeth and run...

They're from my hometown of Vegas. A good friend of mine has a couin in the band and before they were anything she played me their demo and I laughed like hell. Now they've been nominated for a Grammy and I'm laughing even harder.

bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:10 pm

The mailman jus' dropped off the new issue of Spin (to my office, mind you) and there's an article about "The Noise Punk Underground" featuring bands like Lightning Bolt, Locust, Wolf Eyes, Blood Brothers and Mars Volta. Who the fuck are these bands and what does it mean???
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:11 pm

you're kidding, right? you've never heard of lightning bolt? wolf eyes?
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:13 pm

Except for old-timey records I only know what I read about here.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:13 pm

I think you're kidding...

I heard the name Mars Volta before but I have no idea what it means...

Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:17 pm

God, I hate the Locust!
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:33 pm

damn, lightning bolt are awesome live. wolf eyes are a bit overrated though.
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:33 pm

The Locust are the Pavement of power-violence. All attitude and style and even though they're quite good, you can't help despising their smarmy smugness.

They used to make a game out of being dicks to the audience and they came here and we tried to heckle them but they wouldn't bite back. Apparently, the night before at a show in Charlotte or somewhere, they had been so annoying and shitty that some people in attendance at the show had knifed their tires. Touche!

What the article means is that Spin is about 4 years behind...

bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:38 pm

Do these bands have records that are as good as say, The Hunches/ Lost Sounds/ Dipers/etc.?

Are they bands that know where they themselves come from?

Are they totally pussies?

Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:40 pm

Lightning Bolt are fuckin' amazing live.
I went to their cd release for ride the skies and they musta filled every square inch of this small bar in downtown Providence. It was insane!

I can't believe that the Locust can sell enough records to justify all that novelty pressing shit they do. For the money that they throw at one bullshit no-talent release you could put out 3 or 4 singles by bands that deserve it.

red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:43 pm

Ahah! The Killers eh? Hometown "heros" here in Vegas. A year and a half ago they opened for us in some college bar and now I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket for one of their sold out shows to save my life.
Good thing my life is better spared by not going to see them.
Duran Duran meets The Strokes.

Lightning Bolt is awesome live! I saw 'em four years ago at (now defunct) Brownie's in the Village. They made the crowd get on stage to watch them play on the floor, like backwards day in high school. Their records are less fantastic but their cool guys all the same.

red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:44 pm

Oops, "they're" I mean.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:47 pm

I'm always the last to know...
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:50 pm

the best thing about lightning bolt is the fact they don't use the stage/house PA when they play and basically start in right when whoever is opening stops, but i've seen them start to play over the other bands set, not to be dicks, but to segue into it. the bass player is pushing well over 1500 watts with his bass rig and the drummer/singer just sqwaks through a telephone mic strapped on his face. you'd hate it joe.
i saw the locust once and hated every fucking minute of it. total bullshit, and sam hit the nail right on the white belt with the 'smarmy smugness' point.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:50 pm

And why is it that if this shit is so good it never gets mentioned here? I'd really like to know about something other than all the shit that gets talked about around here. Isn't this the place to be bringin' it up? I still won't believe it's anygood til I hear it for myself though.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:52 pm

Why would I hate what you just described? I'm a HUGE fan of the "over amplified 100 hits of meth laced acid" sound if that's what you're talkin' about.
Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:52 pm

creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:53 pm

was that the show at brownies where they started passing the drums from once side of the room to the other and reassembled the drum kit ALL while the drummer played?
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:55 pm

just kidding about the hating bit.
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:56 pm

check out the rack on the chick in the striped shirt...front row.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:57 pm

Is that a pretty close description then?
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:59 pm

"The Best" was when Lighting Bolt played here at the Shim Sham and in the middle of a bass "solo", the drummer climbs up the bassists' 10+ ft high stack of cabinets and jumps off of it to land on the drum throne at the precise moment that the drums were supposed to come back in. Totally retarded.

"I'm always the last to know..."
Cary Elwes is gay.

Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 10, 2004 11:59 pm

There is a bunch of live Lightning Bolt stuff here:
[url]http://laserbeast.com/mp3s/index.html[url]

I saw them play Lupo's with Black Dice and Sonic Youth, and Sonic Youth wanted LB to play after them ... So, Lightning Bolt set up all their stuff in on corner of the place (not on the stage), and as SY went into the end of their last song (you know how bands to that strum the chord for a while and the drummer hits all the drums to signify that its the end) and Lightning Bolt just kicked in and started playing. I was up on the balcony and you could see the whole 1,000 person crowd surge toward this one corner.

Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:00 am

creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:00 am

MINDFLAYER!
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:02 am

Dang, that even looks like me standing immediately to the left of the bass cabinets.
SMABEAUX
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:02 am

Nah, I second though, I'm cuter.
Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:03 am

Sambeaux, that photo is from Cleveland, July 2002
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:07 am

Yeah, it didn't look like the Shim Sham (what with the basketball hoop and all).
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:11 am

I think that might have been a different Brownies show creepy.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:45 am

Ya know what? FUCK MUSIC!
paulreject
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 2:18 am

lightning bolt is fucking insane.
Lastname
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 2:28 am

Yeah, that chick does have big tits. God love 'er.
Todd Trickknee
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 2:34 am

Haven't seen them live, but I do like the 2 Lightning Bolt albums I have, and I usually hate that kinda shit. The Locust eats fuck.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 2:42 am

The Locust are the Pavement of power-violence.

I love that. It is truly an artful sentence.

dtrain
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 2:47 am

Michael Mcdonald could kick there ass.
chriscrunch
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 2:57 am

the lightning bolt "the power of salad" movie does a pretty nice job of capturing the mayhem. definitely worth checking out.
Oily Jizus
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 3:42 am

Wow! Buncha ADD motherfuckers!!! I thought that this was about shitty new bands. Everyone here seems to agree that the above bands are awesome. They've been around forever. (Fukkin A right. Lightning Bolt and Wolf Eyes are among my all time favorites) I don't know about Mindflayer. The stuff that I've heard by them seemed to be released just cuz suckers like me would fall for the "the dude from Lightning Bolt is in this band" trick. They sound like beefed up Atari games.
Useless Eater
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 3:57 am

Deerhoof.

Or my favorites, Three Word Band.

SHADOE STEVENS
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 4:14 am

fuck LIGHTNING BOLT, when you have
SHELLSHAG
Mark Beef
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 4:46 am

ShellShag Rules
motorhoney
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 4:55 am

Carey Elwes is gay?
Lastname
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 5:45 am

I got made fun of when I first got to college because I didn't know who the Locust were. Emo kids + fake "tuff" facades + cool clothes + insect tattoos + exaggerated drug use + the suburbs = me making fun of them for not knowing who the Angry Samoans were. Give 'n take, people.
dr1000
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 6:39 am

Ka-Nives rule.
jerry
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 7:09 am

I bailed out of a Locust show once. Polite clapping
from well-behaved kids for dour, humor-less squawk.

But then again, I'm kind of old.

SinglesGoingNowhere
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 8:18 am

I remember when the Locust played in the shitty college town i live in. i think they had like an over $1000 guarantee

it was a packed show and you could tell most of the people there hadnt been to a single show the whole year.

lots of striped shirts, shag haircuts, plug earrings and folded arms that night

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 9:49 am

i'm so jaded that i have basically figured out, gimme enough drugs and/or drink and your hip,now & today band may possibly get me to smile,laugh and scream a bit but i doubt i'll ever be all that impressed again by any mid 20 year olds aping influences ad nauseum. hey, i'm almost 40 and i've earned this shit, y'all.

now teenybopper, put on gasoline alley, pass the mirror and shut that shit.

authentic metal face
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 9:32 pm

plug earrings, man that band really sucks.... but come on, you know folded arms are great.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 10:42 pm

Forgive my drunken post alluding to Rod Stewart and cocaine, please.
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 11, 2004 11:00 pm

Shag Lightning Bolt when you have Shellfuck.
The Hand
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 8:32 pm

I really really can't stand Deerhoof. Everybody round here has lost their tiny minds and now you can't escape hearing them. I can't tell the singing and the guitar apart. Horrible. Torture!
joe danger
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 9:16 pm

fiery, even you would like lightning bolt. for god's sake, even i like lightning bolt. the drummer is inhuman, he's playing speedmetal fast, but it's got soul and groove, and i kept thinking that he's got what kieth moon had- the ability to make the drums a lead instrument. after i saw the dvd i couldn't stop talking about them, and all the youngsters were like "um, yeah..."
Dan_Gerous
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 9:43 pm

Lightning Bolt rules!! Awesome live! First record is the best and the DVD is essential. I like a lot of other Load records stuff...Brainbombs, Sightings, Noxagt, Friends Forever, Pink & Brown, Vaz, Von Ryan Express, Mr. California, the USAISAMONSTER, Necronomitron, Viki/Hair Police split is cool, and i kinda like that Mindflayer album. neon hunk isn't too bad.

Locust is pretty good, especially their newest LP. they puked more than the Black Lips first time i saw them.

Useless Eater
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 9:48 pm

Mr. The Hand, also watch out for Johanna Newsome. If you hear it, start posing. The art-damaged girl who cuts her own hair will start taking pictures of you, and loving you.
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 10:21 pm

vincebus eruptum are pretty awesome. got to play with them at ft. thunder. 1 30 minute wall of sludge.
kevin e
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 10:26 pm

I saw The Locust in the late 90s and they were terrible. Even the people who liked them coming into the show thought they were terrible. I saw Le Shok a couple years ago and they were terrible too with bad attitudes on top of that. It was actually pretty cool that the whole crowd just wasn't buying their hipster can't write/play songs act and they just quit after about 15 minutes.
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 11:28 pm

Bright Eyes, or whatever his stupid-ass name is.

I'm trying to steer this away from being a Lightning Bolt fan thread and back to it's roots.

Todd Trickknee
Posted: Dec 13, 2004 11:36 pm

Taxi.
Rainbow Songleaf
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 12:06 am

The Arcade Fire
The singer's vocals makes me want to kill a 20 something. These pansy asses just played sold-out show here in Seattle. If you hype a band enough, people will buy into it. Fuckin' horrible is right. These guys might even be as bad as The Killers.

The Long Winters were playing live on the radio the other weekend. Fuckin' horrible!!!!!!!!!!
They attempted an AC/DC song, they cut it short 'cause it was so bad. Just when I think that music can't get any worse, it does.

SinglesGoingSteady
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 1:01 am

The Locust fuckin' suck. They used to play Tampa, Fl about 8 times a year, and at first kids were all excited, then they got to the point where like, 10 kids would show up. I still have no idea what they sound like, I was sitting outside with my ex-girlfreind at one of their shows, and we heard something remotely electro-clash, so we decided to leave. God bless!

The Killers sound like disco.

Dale
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 1:10 am

Taxi are fucking lame
SHADOE STEVENS
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 2:01 am

try these heavy's on for size:
boredoms, afrirampo, highrise, acid mothers temple, the hidden hand, sun O)))

Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 3:21 am

I really need to get the new Boredoms. After the amazing Rebore Vol. 0 (Eye's remix of Vision Creation Newsun), and Eye's remix on that Black Dice 12", I am really itchin' to hear more new stuff.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 5:41 am

The boredoms and Acid Mothers Temple are shitty new bands?
Mark Beef
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 10:44 am

back to the subject at hand

Black Cat Music
Les Hell on Heels
anything Dischord put out this year

joe danger
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:32 am

can i just say the acid mothers temple was one of the best shows i've ever seen, period. it made me rethink how rock and roll should be played. ..rethink veresechorusbridge, rethink improvisation...

i believe that acid mothers temple and dead moon are monks who prey at the alter of rock and roll, and my only hope in life is to be as pure as they are.

bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 6:25 pm

That's what I'm sayin'!
SHADOE STEVENS
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 8:16 pm

no joe, i meant that acid mother temple and the boredoms are better bands than lightning bolt and the other "noise" bands that are coming up these days
Dan_Gerous
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 9:38 pm

they've also been around alot longer!

I can respect Lightning Bolt for doing something compeletly fresh but they've also inspired a bunch of shitty imitators...that's usually how it goes though.

eric o
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 9:40 pm

new boredoms doesn't sound too promising... one track? anyone got it?

before it came out i was excited about rumors of "drums recorded underwater" and such, but from what i've read it don't sound as great as the last 2 full-lengthers...

Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 9:46 pm

Lightning Bolt started playing like 10 years ago, they aren't even close to being new. Spin is way behind the times.
Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 9:50 pm

I think that "Seadrum/House of Sun" are the titles of the two tracks on the album. So, you were half right, Eric.
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 10:02 pm

i'm sure spin knows these bands aren't anything new, but they just 'consolidate' genres and scenes into a nice little tutorial package for the uninformed. basically setting it all up for a corporate label take over...and don't say that can't happen even with the smelly, art-school noise crowd.
dr1000
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 10:06 pm

Afrirampo is awesome. They came to New Orleans for about a week and just went to the various clubs and asked if they could jump on the bill. Who could say no to two near-nekkid tiny Japanese girls? Crazy, great drummer, excellent screaming.
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 10:16 pm

Wow, they're kind of like the real life version of "Hi-Hi Puffy Ami Yumi."
Dan_Gerous
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 10:34 pm

I've never really listened to much of the Boredoms. All their stuff good? Even the major label releases?

I have a side project thing from one of the Boredoms. I can't even remember the name of it. It's on Thrill Jockey. it's pretty cool.

dtrain
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 10:52 pm

Eric, didn't you copy some crazy BOREDOMS cassette for me one time along time ago that they kept making refrences to the RAMONES in between songs or somethin? I remember playing that tape alo. I think it broke from too much play. I moved to NYC shortly after that & one of the first shows I was really excited to see (other than the RAMONES) was The Boredoms. They played at Irving Plaza & my friends band opened the show so I got in free which was cool cause it was $25 dollars even back then. My friends band was awfull but the Boredoms kicked ass, & the place wasn't even crowded! Fun night.blahblahblah.
Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:19 pm

I personally don't like much of the stuff before Super Are (i.e. their hardcore stuff). But all the stuff after that is AOK.
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:27 pm

Not to be just bitchin', but it's true as someone said earlier that the only thing worse than some shitty new band that gets noticed is all the far shittier immitators and defenders they spawn.
BlackJack
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:32 pm

Bands named after animals that suck:

Modest Mouse
Pedro The Lion
Bear Vs. Shark
the Unicorns
Animal Collective
Yep, Dearhoof sucks.

Also wack:
Mates of State
Saturday Looks Good To Me
The Streets
Dizzee Rascal
Calliope
thursday
Taking Back Sunday
Everytime I Die
Further Seems Forever
As I Lay Dying
sweater rock

SandyVagina
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:34 pm

sweater rock is BRUUUUTAL
Hillman Cobs
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:34 pm

I am going to have to disagree about Animal Collective.
bazooka joe
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:35 pm

Dizzee Rascal is fucking awesome! Are you mental???
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:36 pm

Singles quote, "The Killers sound like Disco."
Not only is this true, but I've seen a few music videos of new bands on that MTV2 network and have noticed a larger trend of blending emo/art rock with a disco sound. Repetetive beats and especially that harmonic bass chording thing like Blondie used a lot on "Parallel Lines."
I don't read shitty rock magazines anymore (except Mojo sometimes) to know if it's a thing or not.
Does anyone know anything about this?
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:39 pm

Most of these mousey new animal bands are pretentious little wimps with nothing to say but "look at me." They aught not make music and instead join that wierd "Furries" animal costume sex cult.
Dan_Gerous
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:47 pm

yeah this disco punk thing has been catching on the last few years...bands like Hot Hot Heat... they blow hard
SHADOE STEVENS
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:51 pm

ya cant deny SUPER FURRY ANIMALS...those guys rule
sausage party ussr
Posted: Dec 14, 2004 11:58 pm

I hate:

Angry Wrench
Seven Bitchez for Seven Brothuz
Roasted Spit
Bloody Cunt
The Croakers
Ripples in My Sodee Pop
Goubler's Li'l Boy Fetish and the Cream Stone Creameries
Ken Jennings
The New Bishops of Fantasy Alleydawg
Anderson Council
June's December's Funeral's Veteran's Day
Al Ska-eda!
Sleepytime Enema
Fag Picnic
Cathy Lee Coozeby: The Band
Hot Stuff
Jerkin' Gherkin
Little Lord Fontleshwantz and His Band of Horsemeat Vendors

SinglesGoingSteady
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 12:26 am

Ok, the disco beat, seriously, what is the deal? I mean I guess it makes sense, it's more "dance"-able, and there is this weird club/dance aspect to indie rock now (they need to have a hit single emo kids can dance to at 80's nites, when they play new music for the last hour)......but why THE DISCO beat? Why that goofy high-hat heavy 70's Bee Gees beat? There are other beats to dance to......I'm thinking it has something to do with guys in their 20's finally hearing Gang of Four for the first time, and missing the point......god bless!
dtrain
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 12:28 am

Dood. SaturdayNightFever is one of the greatest records of all time! You cannot deny! So many hits. I have the vynyl!
SinglesGoingSteady
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 12:31 am

Awesome soundtrack, my favs on that are The Strokes and Yeah Yeah Yeah's songs....just don't touch my hair! And DON'T JUMP!
Pear
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 12:45 am

they've also been around alot longer!
I can respect Lightning Bolt for doing something compeletly fresh but they've also inspired a bunch of shitty imitators...that's usually how it goes though.

Lightning bolt is good but listen to the ruins. Been around since the 80's and are better.

Dan_Gerous
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 12:52 am

eh..Ruins are alright...almost TOO technical though for me. They lack melody too
JR
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 2:22 am

"fag picnic" is the greatest band name i've ever heard in my life.
i'm using it.
mikethesniper
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 2:26 am

Shit, I've never heard of any of these bands.
BlackJack
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 3:56 am

No, I'm not mental.
I just can't get into the UK hip-hop scene.
Mr. Rascal and the Streets just ain't hittin'.
The beats don't make me nod my head OR shake my ass and the vocal delivery is off.
The British accent is too much in contrast with the music.
No offense to the Brits, I have British heritage myself, but the mix is not "goodtimes."

Also, Animal Collective not good for me, good for you.
This is OK.

SHADOE STEVENS
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 4:21 am

fuck man STEREO MC's are godhead yo
Rainbow Songleaf
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 6:24 am

I saw the Ruins with Blowhole, and Sun City Girls 1996? Wow!! What a show. Seeing them do their thing live is quite the treat.

Emo bands use electronic drums 'cause drummers want to rock. Not to mention that the other bandmates are upstaged by any drummer with 1/2 a talent. They spend way too much much time with moody lyrics and painful to listen to screams. A good drummer would only interfere with that. Speaking of Bee-Gee style vocals. Whatever happened to testosterone. Are young men hitting puberty later in life? Is it a mindset or are there drugs you take for that? And for the love of God, what happened to creativity. There is nothing creative about trying really hard to sound like Radiohead or Interpoop. The only motivating factor would be to sell records and get laid. But I guess it would be hard to get laid without any testosterone. Yes, I know. Women have sex with one another. But that's a whole new thread. Fans of The Killers should be forced to listen to The Little Killers. Less squack, more ROCK!!!!!! "El SCRemo is el yucko!"

backslider
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 10:50 am

ramones!!!!!
KC
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 1:09 pm

i worked with this cheesy washed up metal guy for quite a while. mark hated the ramones and devo, but could talk about judas priest and iron maiden all day if you let him. this wasn't what bothered me, it was his insistance in trumpeting the merits of new metal. you know who i mean. system of a down, corn, that guy from tool's other band. at least with the old metal i had some frame of reference. with the new stuff i was completely out of my area of expertise. i'm so far out of the loop on rap metal, i don't know anything about it. i rarely listen to the radio, and when forced to i'll most likely listen to the oldies station.
mark would hassle people constantly about jamming. tried to give him some new buttrock
turbonegro, but he said it wasn't his thing.
mark loved arena shows, i prefer smokey little bars. i'm sure just about everyone thinks they have awesome taste in music. there has to be some reason that people like emo and gansta rap. sure, alot of this can be attributed to the fitting in factor, wanting to have the bumping tracks that your friends do, and comercial bombbardment by radio stations of mediocre pop music. the great rock'n roll fashion show. the ramones have sold more t-shirts then records. when i see the guy from velvet revolver in his ramones t-shirt i want to strangle him with his mic cord or beat him with the mic stand, i don't know maybe both. i don't know why so many people seem to love music that i can see as nothing but shitty. i never once thought i understood what went on inside mark's head.
socialendproduct
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 3:16 pm

the striped girl indeed has some nice tits. but is she bald or what?
Styx
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 7:53 pm

Has anybody else seen the Lightning Bolt DVD? It's okay. I mean I thought it was worthwhile, for about an hour, and then I'd had more than I could take.
red eyed willie
Posted: Dec 15, 2004 11:31 pm

Yeah, Rainbow, "The Little Killers" squash "The Killers."
Their names should be reversed. Since I know both bands I know who would kill the other in a fight (even with just one skinny guy and two chicks). Heee Haww!!!
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 4:48 pm

Saw Lightning Bolt last night in Denver. They played for 90 minutes in a place I'd estimate was 90+ degrees. I was exhausted just watching, I dunno how they can play so franticly for so long. I think the place let in about 200 people, but I couldn't have done without the sweaty dude crowd surfing in his underpants. That's guy's guitar sound is just wild. when the world ends, that guitar sound will be part of the soundtrack.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®