Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Jesus Christ, being Jesus Christ, should love this news!
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Jesus Christ, being Jesus Christ, should love this news!

It was just reported on National Public Radio that there are now more medical marijuana distribution centers open in Los Angeles than Starbucks and McDonald's combined.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

yeah, thats great for all the whiteys who can afford $300 to get a medical marijuana card. i guess for poor people living paycheck to paycheck its a different situation. all the dispensaries are also located in yuppified high rent areas in LA. theres no fancy medical marijuana clubs in compton, inglewood, or east LA. california also requires state ID to get a medical marijuana card. in a recent study, blacks were 83% less likely to have a state ID card than whites. there is also a cost involved with getting an ID.

so basically what we have is a system where well to do whiteys can purchase a get out of jail free card, while the poor black kid smoking a blunt in downtown LA is still vulnerable to prosecution. really no surprise given the history of drug prohibition in this country, and its racist overtones.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 6:42 pm

will you two just 69 each other already and spare us your commentary?
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 6:43 pm

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Brad - Educate yourself before you type. I live in a poor hispanic neighborhood & there are 4 within a 2 block radius from me (2 in the same strip mall) & trust me they are all over compton, inglewood & south central too. the reason there are so many is because a lot of them didn't get the necessary permits etc. The LA weekly is filled with ads to get a card for $45. some hidden fees for sure, but probably still under $100.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 7:44 pm

will you two just 69 each other already and spare us your commentary?
or pretend you're the chimera and bellerophon
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 1:48 pm

There are listings for dispensaries in both Compton & Inglewood on that site.
They are both cities of there own & not technically part of Los Angeles, so might not be taken into account when referring to Los Angeles dispensaries. But the shops are there. Whether or not they are licensed & operating within the law (they are "patient co-ops" & hence they can not make a profit) is unknown to me. I'm not the pot police.

If you were more familiar with L.A. geography, you'd realize that many of the listings on that site are in mostly African American working class neighborhoods.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

If you were more familiar with L.A. geography, you'd realize that many of the listings on that site are in mostly African American working class neighborhoods.

Cheeseheads don't believe in African-American 'hoods.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:11 pm

so you mean brad isn't an expert on la medical marijuana shops or economic geography. Next you're going to tell me all he can do is cut and paste from the Bible and isn't really an expert on Jesus either. I mean he already got suckered into reading this post because of the sneaky use of jesus in the title. Now he must suffer these incredibly fantastic allegations?!
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:21 pm

i know more about LA than all of you.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:30 pm

but the magazine you were on the cover of is out of SF, how could you possibly know so much about LA
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:59 pm

i know more about LA than all of you.

LICKING ASSHOLES.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm | Edited by: Wes Memphis

double post
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

so basically what we have is a system where well to do whiteys can purchase a get out of jail free card, while the poor black kid smoking a blunt in downtown LA is still vulnerable to prosecution.

Oh my God spare us the bleeding heart already who gives a fuck FIRE IT UP!
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Brad - Educate yourself before you type.

All the education he needs is copy and paste. It's got him far in the real world.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Didn't Portland open a pot cafe recently? I think an ex-COP with some painfull disease opened it. Here in Seattle, we as voters made weed the last priority for the Cops. People smoke everywhere here. You gotta be a fuckin' nob to get arrested for that here. They're too busy worrying about getting shot at. Sat. night going to Brian's Birthday Bash, I had a open container of booze while walking by the Seattle Police Dept. 2 officers saw me and said nothing. I love this town.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 1:52 pm

yeah, $300 is an steep sum to prevent yourself from getting thrown into a holding cell with rapist/armed robber/etc. because you have a few grams of weed on you...shit, if Memphis had that kind of insurance, I would buy a $300 card. Shit Brad, you spend $300 on shitty beer and guitar strings a month I'm guessing.
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Whatever the card costs you (not 300), the difference is made up in no time. What'll cost you $65 on the street, might cost you $25 at one of those places, plus a free gift every time (usually medicated).

A dear unemployed friend of mine, got to "turn his head & cough" for a very pretty doctor lady, and a get out jail free card all for $150. Regardless of your income, if you need it bad enough you'll make it work.

Next November California votes to legalize it out right. If it passes, each town will set their own regulations. Lets hope the Uber Republican Orange County doesn't mess it up for the rest of us.
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah it's not like they have "no niggers allowed" signs on the doors of the cannabis cafes for crying out loud. That's like whining because poor people can't afford to fly to Amsterdam and smoke Cannabis Cup hashish.
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 9:46 pm

can you get weed lollipops at those places? i wanna suck on weed all day long. i gotta give the lungs a rest.
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 11:13 pm

if i had $300 i would spend it on weed and take my chances.
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 12:25 pm | Edited by: Miss Strange

Yeah it's not like they have "no niggers allowed" signs on the doors of the cannabis cafes for crying out loud

That's funny, I was going to post a link to a segregation era photo of a storefront with a "whites only" sign & make joke about it being a "Caregiver Collective" in L.A. but when I signed in to post, I received the bad conduct/defamatory content waiver. (?) so I decided not too.

can you get weed lollipops at those places?

As long as they are licensed with the board of health to sell food. you can get just about anything you've ever read or heard about. Including tinctures (non-alcoholic only), oils, honey, butter, drinks, baked goods, candies. Inventory fluctuates so they don't always have everything.
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 12:46 pm

eyehateweed
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®