Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / What kind of new TV should I get?
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:15 pm

I currently have a 51" Toshiba HD monitor, but it's just way to huge and clunky. I want a flatscreen, but can't decide between Plasma, LCD, or LED.

What should I get?
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:54 pm

hey, you're a GD millionaire --

buy all three.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:58 pm

LSD
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm

I want a flatscreen, but can't decide between Plasma, LCD, or LED.

I'm not going to lie to you, those are all superior machines. But if you like to watch TV, and I mean really watch it, you want the Carnivale.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 5:56 pm

way TOO huge and clunky.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 6:04 pm

we just got a samsung 52" inch LCD. its awesome.

every time I watch a Saints game on it, they win!

this does not work when I watch the cowfags and vagiants play.

the new LED ones are real nice but beaucoup $$$.

check the reviews on cnet. or amazon.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 8:36 pm

HD- SAMSUNG.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 9:06 pm

get a berman
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 12:59 pm

I've got an Apple IIC I can sell you...if you haven't heard about it, where the hell have you been?! It's bigger than the Apple Iphone

....literally.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Don't bother with a kind of new TV.
Go all out and get a brand new TV.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Go to Costco or Sams. They have good stuff for Cheap. I have a 42 inch Vizio plasma that does me just fine. I have it in a large, open den and it is plenty of TV.
I have a 32" LCD as well that is just as good. It is a knock off brand from Costco, can't remember what. I ordered it. It was 400 bucks and has a great picture. Ideal for a small room or a bedroom.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:24 pm

My colleague at work is now watching all her favorite shows on her iPhone while commuting. So who needs a teevee?
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:27 pm

TV is killing more people than ever!

The number of children killed or injured by falling television sets appears to have risen even as more consumers replace their clunky old TVs with lighter flat screens, studies suggest.

The reason for the rise isn't clear but could result from traditional TV sets becoming heavier and, an industry official suggests, households choosing a flat screen for their main TV and relegating old sets to rickety furniture in other rooms.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/15/MNGI1B48OC .DTL#ixzz0ZnbUNrUA
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Die yuppie scum.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:42 pm

there ain't no such thing as a too big and clunky tv-mine is a 65 inch and I'm coveting the Mitsubishi 82 inch hd.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

the Mitsubishi 82 inch hd.
doesn't sound clunky, just big
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 11:06 am | Edited by: Wire

every time I watch a Saints game on it, they win!
Did you skip the game last night?
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Sony Bravia--32" LCD on sale at Target-$449. My Dad got me the same TV for double the price 2 years ago.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®