Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Fav Christmas presents as a kid?
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 8:54 pm

Mine has to be a toss up between a Danny White cowboys uniform or an LJN toy wrestling ring complete with figurines from back in '86.
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 9:48 pm

Karate Kid action figures
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 10:07 pm

Karate Kid action figures

Really? I never knew they had them. Could you put him in the crane pose? Anyway I got some Air Jordans for Christmas one year, this was back when that was a big deal, and I shined those bastards every day for a year.
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 10:11 pm

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 10:55 pm

The snoopy sno cone machine that was rightfully mine but "Santa" put in my sister's pile.

DCR's Ewok village was up there.

My favorite gift that was actually given to me would have to be the see-through phone w/ neon colored innards.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 12:15 am

Zappa tickets, Mobile 1974
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 12:16 am

I reckon it was 1975, right after Apostrophe came out.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 1:35 am

Autographed used Tampon by Taylor Swift.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:54 am

3 Most Awesome Christmases:

1- The year I got both the jumbo Shogun Warrior with shooting fist ( from Santa) and Godzilla (grandma) was pretty huge...massive backyard beatdowns ensued and countless numbers of plastic green soldiers were KIA...in fact, I'm pretty sure a bunch of plastic cowboys and indians got drafted into battle....

2- Atari 2600

3-BIG TRAK, Motherfucker!
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:58 am

Everyday is Christmas since I've accepted the lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 8:53 am

1986 Schwinn Predator Free Form EX.

Still have it!
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 9:11 am

a pink bunny suit.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 10:42 am

A Super Soaker! I was so stoked to get one until I got it and realized there really wasn't much I could do with it in december. Ah well, stupid child=stupid adult. Who would of thought that these days I'd have socks and underwear at the top of my list.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:47 am

Really? I never knew they had them.

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 1:52 pm | Edited by: Seamus

fuck it.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 3:08 pm

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 3:11 pm

Some kinda film strip projector thing with Scooby Doo and Star Wars strips; from my uncle and I was really young, so I don't remember any more details now. Oh, and my now-insanely-coveted PXL2000; insanely coveted by film students, of course.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 3:13 pm

That big-blue-box The Beatles Collection too, more than twenty years ago now; on vinyl, of course.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 4:24 pm

Donny & Marie TV playset by mattel
Bee gees record player by vanity fair
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 4:28 pm

A Swatch watch back when they were huge stuff
Coca-cola brand clothes back when they were huge
JAMS clothing back when they were huge
Huey Lewis lp back when He was huge. hmmm
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 5:22 pm

i got a a poseable spike from gremlins, consistently used for the the next 10 years after to scare the bejesus out of my younger sister. easily the present with the most longevity
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 6:03 pm

i got a a poseable spike from gremlins, consistently used for the the next 10 years after to scare the bejesus out of my younger sister. easily the present with the most longevity

HA! I totally forgot about that. That thing scared the shit out of her almost as much as the petrified frog.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 6:13 pm

my bb gun that i got in like 1970. im giving it to my son this christmas. it probably cant even break skin but i guessing my son will prove me otherwise when he shoots his sister with it by sundown christmas day. oh, the mongoose vs the snake hot wheel drag set or any gi joe set up was pretty cool too.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:27 pm

poor hallie
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:28 pm

Everyday is Christmas since I've accepted the lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior.

commendable
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 8:24 pm

Anything GI Joe.
Boombox.
Parachute pants.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 8:28 pm

i got the beatles 20 greatest hits lp on capital when i was 6. still the best xmas present i ever got.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 10:45 pm | Edited by: Seamus

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Anything GI Joe.
Boombox.
Parachute pants.

What is this "Boombox" and "parachute pants" you speak of, kind sir? Which era did these come into existence? Fascinating!
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Just Fucking for X-mas!
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 4:17 pm | Edited by: Windy

How long do hamsters really live when given as Christmas gifts?
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

pound puppy
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 10:15 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

For me it was the 8-bit Nintendo....I know it's kind of mundane.

Second favorite present was the GameGenie when it came out a few years later....it made all my old games entertaining again, for like an hour and it was good for finishing rentals in one weekend.
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 10:45 am

ewok-mutha-fuggin-village!
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm

How long do hamsters really live when given as Christmas gifts?

Apparently we bought the guinness world record holder hamster....the little fucker is still alive, even after being captured and carried around in the cat's mouth.
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Pump BB Gun, stereo with turntable, dual-cassette deck & equalizer (saved me thousands of dollars in hardcore/punk records since I dubbed off of the punkers in my high school), and a ColecoVision console.
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 3:09 pm

(saved me thousands of dollars in hardcore/punk records since I dubbed off of the punkers in my high school)

yeah, but their investments most likely increased exponentially if they actually held onto them.
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 3:16 pm | Edited by: pseudo pion

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®