Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / RIP Bob Kondrak
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:38 pm

tet68
Registration date Jan 24, 2006, 11:01 pm
Total Number of Topics 475
Total Number of Replies 3879

Word came from Victim of Time... a true OG.

Sad to see you go. Thanks Bongo Bob.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:05 pm

No! One of the best posters ever. Will be seriously missed. RIP, man.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:23 pm

RIP
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:27 pm | Edited by: ryan brown

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:34 pm

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:35 pm

RIP. Sorry we didn't have those beers.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:39 pm

Oh, man. RIP.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:44 pm

damn,

RIP
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:52 pm

Bummer. Never got to meet him.
he sure loved his rock 'n roll.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:59 pm

I just put up an obituary on the 10 Things blog for Bob for those that are interested in learning more about Kondrak or seeing a few more photos. I have about two dozen of his photos that ran in my zine back in the day I plan to scan in soon. I'll be doing some sort of tribute to him, so will Victim of Time it sounds like:

Punk photographer Bob Kondrak passes away
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 2:02 pm

RIP, Bob.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 2:18 pm

Holy Shit!

I last saw 'im May 18, 2008.

R.I.P.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 2:20 pm

never knew him but i always loved his posts on here

r.i.p.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 2:36 pm

Sad.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 2:55 pm

Oh no! RIP

Met him once when we were in Seattle...
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 3:08 pm

met him when he was one of a handful of people to come see Night Terrors & Goodnight Loving play at Funhouse on a Sunday a couple years ago. Nice guy... RIP
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 3:15 pm

Such an awesome, funny guy. RIP, Bob.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 3:29 pm

Aw man, sad business. RIP.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 3:44 pm

RIP
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 3:56 pm

Bob's Top 3 Shows Ever

Does anyone here remember the banana truffle newsgroup? That's where I first came across Kondrak. I think only met him once in the flesh, but he once saved Sam Soule from a beating, so he's always been cool in my book.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:05 pm | Edited by: eric o

i was on banana truffle a bit... wow... archives! total turkey trottin' in there. Kondrak was indeed all over it.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:12 pm

he once saved Sam Soule from a beating

Sounds like a good story. I met him at the Slabtown Bender in February...real sweet guy, complimented my shoes...too sad, RIP.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:21 pm

Whoa ... pretty floored to hear this.

I met Bob back in the mid-90's ... either at a Makers show in Vancouver or a Teengenerate show @ the 3B in Bellingham ... saw him quite a bit around that time & he was always a super nice guy to talk to - he'd always be taking photos & would mail me up copies from shows we were at. Lost touch w/ him around the time Banana-Truffle took a dive, but caught back up w/ him years later on thru this board & then started seein' him at a few shows again around the NW ... think I last saw him at the 2009 Bender in PDX where we had a few laughs.

This is pretty sad ... I'll have to get in touch w/ some old friends & let them know ...

RIP Bongowhite!
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:26 pm

sucks. met him handful of times. rip.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:27 pm

fuck this. i met him at a dead moon show in seattle with angus scrimm a few years back. he walked right up to us because i was wearing a rat traps shirt and he asked us where we were from. hung out with us the rest of the night. every town needs a coupla dudes like him.
one of my favorite poets ever.

RIP TET.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:33 pm

Ah, shit. What a bummer. He mentioned treatments briefly a few months back and I was worried.

Met him a few years ago at Budget Rock...he and I and Jason from Harold Ray Live took a break from the music at this great little dive bar a few blocks up Telegraph.

He sent me some incredibly obscure (I have a LOT of reggae and ska comps) bootlegs of late 50s/early 60s Jamaican R&B & ska.

I feel bad I never got to thank him.

I loved his total unselfconsciousness about being the sixtysomething guy at the punk rock club.

RIP, my friend. We'll miss you.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:55 pm

R.I.P. Bob.. glad i got to meet him.. cool fucking dude..
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:56 pm | Edited by: Matto

damn phone..
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 5:20 pm

RIP
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 5:29 pm

What a bummer. He mentioned treatments briefly a few months back

I remember that but somehow thought he wasn't serious.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 6:31 pm

Sucks. He was the only cool thing about playing in Seattle. R.I.P. Bob
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 6:50 pm

goddamnit. what a rad dude. r.i.p. brother tet.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 7:00 pm

He was the only cool thing about playing in Seattle
dicks is pretty cool still. but, it ain't no tet.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 7:15 pm

Aw man, RIP.
I fussed at him for being a pervert a couple of times on here, and he was still the only person who ever bought a print off my website.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 7:44 pm

motherfuck.

met him a couple of times out west...great guy. sucks.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 8:30 pm

what was his screen name? he's not tet68 is he?
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 8:31 pm

oh no, i just read eric's first post. he was tet68. oh my god. what a nice man. oh, that's so sad.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 8:34 pm

RIP
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 9:12 pm

stupid death
fuck you, death
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 9:41 pm

can't believe we don't get any more tet68 posts. weak. jealous of all those that got to hang out with him.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 10:09 pm

we can always re-post his old posts, hell, we talk about the same 10 things here anyway.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 10:45 pm

Oh, wow. :-(

I am REALLY sorry to hear.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 11:40 pm

is it dumb that i'm really really bummed out by this?

i only met the guy once, but i remember saying to myself, "man, i want to be just like this guy when i get old"
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:51 am | Edited by: Adam

you know the older you get the more the views and smells mean
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:29 am

RIP Bob. I met him a few times in Seattle, Portland and Vancouver. This makes me sad, but every time I met him he always seemed to be having a great time. I'll blast some Dead Moon and Leonard Cohen tonight in his honour.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:36 am

is it dumb that i'm really really bummed out by this?

as far as i can remember, this is the first regular poster we've lost.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:47 am

Give em' hell in heaven, Bob.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 10:02 am | Edited by: roche

hope i did this right:
http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?phrase=&where=1&forum=&sD ay=28&sMonth=8&sYear=2000&eDay=1&eMonth=12&eYear=2009&posterName=tet68 &action=search&searchGo=1

I'll have to let Nardwuar know Bob's last post on here was about him ...
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 10:42 am

I'll blast some Dead Moon and Leonard Cohen tonight in his honour.

I played Strepthroat - A Sockhopera in his honour last night. Totally flipped out when I saw it in his record pile a couple years ago. His copy wasn't autographed like mine, tho.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 10:42 am

R.I.P. tet. this sux!
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 11:18 am

It isn't dumb to be bummed out about this. Bob was virtual family. We spent a lot of good times together. Kind of. Brad was his favorite though.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 11:55 am

A good testament to prove "getting old doesn't have to suck that much"

I hope.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 12:28 pm

He was one of the good ones. A huge supporter of the musical underdogs,he not only appreciated their music but continually encouraged their efforts. He was definitely one of the reasons we kept it going in the NW,especially in Seattle- when you couldn't count on your other friends to show up and see you play there was Bob,camera in hand and flask in pocket,front and center in the thick of it all.

We became good friends w/ him through the 90s and early 2000s. It was a ritual for a long time to stop by his Wallingford flat on top of the hardware store and shoot the shit with some shots before the show. His erudite observations on everything from Rock n' Roll to Asian Hookers and beyond were always highly appreciated by us when we'd see him at shows.

He had kind of a reputation in certain circles of uptight Seattle for being a Dirty Old Man,and i've known people that have had their "issues" with him. I just admired the fact that he didn't shy away from any of this controversy because he just didn't give a fuck! He never made any effort to construct an image or placate (sp?) anyone that didn't get him. What you got from Bob was always pure honesty,sometimes (as on here) in semi-haiku form.

He was always one of those individuals i looked up to as someone i wanted to be when i grew up. I was looking forward to seeing him again when i came back up to visit but that's not in the cards now... the world is a little shittier now with his loss.

Rest In Peace,Brother.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 12:30 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I first heard of Bob Kondrak years ago via stories from Banana Trufflers that got to know him in the during mid-90's Garage scene, both online and in person. Everybody always said his first and last name together like he was a celebrity. I hadn't yet found my way to shows or the internet during his emergence, so I was still unaware of the man and his work until 1996.

I later dug reading all of his interviews, especially the one's in Make Room. The Fireworks and the Makers interviews stand out. His passion for music and his disregard for the boring zine-template interview style always made him a favorite. His Dirty Old Man Gonzo style made him a legend. RIP.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 1:17 pm

I've added funeral info if any Seattle locals are interested in attending. It will also be shown online (which I find bizarre):
URL

I love everyone's stories and memories and how a lot of people totally got Kodnrak with his dirty old man, but still totally likable personality. When I first started publishing Kondrak's writing and photos I took a fair amount of crap for it from women who couldn't stand him, but like I told them, fuck it, I thought he was funny, original and took great photos. And the thing about Kondrak is he was an uber-fan. While I haven't seen him at all that many shows in the past few years, in the '90s he was at every garage punk show I went to, and I was going to 2-4 shows a week. He never got paid a dime for any of the photos or writing he did, it was all because he loved the music and wanted to promote it, which was exactly where I was coming from too. Dudes like that are the backbone of a music scene, they constantly support band's live shows, buy records, talk up and promote bands they love, and keep things going. Cheers dirty old man, you'll be missed!
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 4:51 pm

Aw man! I met him at Budget Rock last year, and he was a really, really nice guy. Very enthusiastic individual. RIP
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:54 pm

Tonight, I think I'll play the Okmoniks record Bob gave me at BR 5. He kept calling them the Oinky Boinks. Totally cracked me up. With Wild Turkey.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 6:09 pm

Cheers dirty old man, you'll be missed!

I've really been bumming about this, and I was one of those women who didn't get it...at first. I was kind of shocked when he ordered a photo from me, but through correspondence about it found him to be a wonderful person.
No, it's not weird to be really bumming about it. We have lost a semi-regular poster before, but not one like tet68. He did post something fairly recently about how to go about making a will. How sad. And, I didn't check out the funeral url, but...it being shown online kind of makes sense, and will comfort a lot of people, it seems.
I'll really miss him.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 6:48 pm | Edited by: jenna

this really threw me last night. what is a virtual family, anyway? whatever it is, i did feel some sort of connection to tet68 and i am saddened by his loss. i thought he was lovely.

real.

above the bullshit.

and now that i see who he actually was, it makes total sense.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 7:17 pm

And everyone knows the origin of his screen name, right?

Vietnam, Tet Offensive, 1968.

He was there.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 7:26 pm

RIP, tet68 will be sorely missed
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 7:31 pm

Damn. RIP
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 7:45 pm

And everyone knows the origin of his screen name, right?

I was just fixin to ask about this. That was always what I thought the origin was, and wondered if he really was there.
Sheesh. A true American hero. In more ways than one.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 8:10 pm

goddamn I loved that fucker! He was at every show I ever played in Seattle and often the only person I cared to see. Bob, you'll be missed!
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:10 pm

this fucking sucks.

i was talking to him about his take on a possible seattle killed by death comp, he just lent me a big piles of old seattle zines, last time we talked he said he was doing better.

fuck.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:48 pm

RIP - We met him in Seattle and he was real nice ...
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 11:01 pm

Dan- please let the family know that we would love to help if they need anything.
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 12:45 am

He was one of the real original dudes, that's fore sure, and who else would be drinking beer out of a long-stemmed wine glass, looking like a social studies professor in the middle of the "pit" at the 2003 Blackout? ahh, the rock'n roll world really lost a great one. He always creeped out the girls, but that's why he was a such a relic.

He introduced a lot of Seattle bands like The Spits, Fe Fi Fo Fums, (his Teengenerate pics alone are insane) and so many others to all of us thousands of miles outside of the area. And I'm really glad that when I was in Seattle for the 36 hours I was in town a couple years ago, I got to hang out with Bob at the Funhouse, and it was a blast.

Big photo feature/tribute coming up soon on VoT!
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 9:30 am

"i was talking to him about a possible seattle killed by death comp,he just lent me a big piles of old seattle zines..."

Brian,if there's any way to still do this,make it happen.

Did any of you know that Bob either ran or participated in (not quite sure) a club/venue in Jet City around 78-81? It was called The Funhole,and was the site of a notrious Police riot where a girl got her arm broken.

I remember this from either reading it in Loser (great book) or from old locals recollections,probably both. Dan or brian or some other C-Town folk might have more accurate details about this.

If there was a way to track down a hard copy of his Truffle musings w/ all his other writings and pix you'd have quite a good sized zine on your hands! I wish someone would do this.
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 11:14 am

A little late but, RIP.

El Duce wrote a song about the Funhole. I know Tet had mentioned that he once partied with Duce.
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 12:15 pm

If there was a way to track down a hard copy of his Truffle musings w/ all his other writings and pix you'd have quite a good sized zine on your hands! I wish someone would do this.

Like a lot of people, the Banana Truffle newsgroup was my first exposure to Bob as well. It's all here.
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 12:34 pm

Joe, to save you some headaches navigating the google groups
All of Bob's Banana Truffle posts

Loads of show and record reviews and of course, the famous banter.
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 12:36 pm

Wait, I almost forgot his incarnation as bongowhite
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 1:00 pm

oh man....RIP man....fuck..
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 2:32 pm

man, i didn't know him personally, but i'm sure we were at some of the same shows when i was younger.

we should all aspire for the same, though - rockin' till our dying day and knockin' over the angels on our way upstairs. RIP, tet68...
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 7:23 pm

I always liked tet68's posts cuz he was creepy and shocking, and others were all too shocked about him. Which makes me regret his passing away even more.
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 5:12 am

I've been fortunate to live in Seattle and see at least a hundred shows with Bob. You name it we've seen it together. I will miss most of all his story's of seeing all of the 60's bands and hanging with the Hells Angels in the 70's, including Altamont. A good guy who was a veritable encyclopedia of all things good! I think Brian Foss from The Fun House was trying to work something out with him and his amazing record collection in the last few months before he passed. I know that he had him DJ on his radio program Sonic Reducer recently. He will be missed!
R.I.P. Bob
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 6:45 pm

Just finished clearing out Bob's apartment, probably was looking at photos of some of you. Wanted everyone to know that his family appreciates all the stories/memories that have been shared. He used to talk about going to the shows, taking photos, talking a lot of bullshit with everyone, and more talking about the shows. Funny to read about the references to creepy old man, he was my father-in-law who took tender pictures of me pregnant with his grandson. Whatever though, Bob was Bob--unfiltered, thoughtful, with an acidic sense of humor.

Thanks Dan for mentioning the funeral, which as he said is open to the public, and will be online for those of you who can't make it.
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 7:15 pm

Bob's eulogy by longtime pal Greg Langel up today at www.Victimoftime.com
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 8:12 pm

wow, me and greg are both from vegas, and we hooked up in pittsburgh last year. didn't know he was down with tet though. awesome.
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 8:24 pm

Shit haven't been on here in a while, but Lula told me about this and we've been bummed. RIP Bob.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 4:24 pm

I really looked up to Bob.
It was always a better time when he was around.
An great giant who will missed.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 5:16 pm

Not sure if I would call full on harassing woman at shows, interviews, user groups for the past 15 years "up-tight circles" I got into a few pretty large arguments with him on the Banana Truffle back in the day. He even sent me threatening emails about how he was cleaning his guns. I am not trying to full on disrespectful to someone in death, but it's how you treat people while you alive and there are many woman that he treated really, really badly...
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks for the laughs , bob!! Really gonna miss ya buddy..
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:26 pm

I'dHave SlappedHer, please tell me you are taking the piss, and I just don't know you well enough to get that in your post.

On the off chance that you are serious, I thought I would tell you about how Bob treated people in the real world while he was alive. Often he would buy the bums he would encounter on his way home from the night-shift coffee and pastries, even though he wasn't rolling in the dough himself. Last Christmas, Bob left our family's house early to take a person he barely knew, but didn't have anywhere to go for the holidays, to a Chinese buffet for food and conversation. He treated everyone the same, regardless of gender, race, socio-economic class, etc.

I wasn't at any of these shows where you claim he harassed women, but I find it very interesting that not one of the thousands of photos or negatives which I have gone through in the past week-and-a-half, have been degrading or offensive to me as a woman or as a feminist.

His sense of humor was definitely crooked and way off-color, but that was Bob, a consummate teaser. If he could get you going (which it sounds like he did) he could be merciless.

Disrespectful is one thing, but flat out wrong must be corrected.
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am

I am in no way taking the piss out of you. Go back and read over some of his posts from the Banana Truffle or read over some of his interviews. I was mostly trying to correct the comment that "up-tight circles" isn't *exactly* accurate. I guess (to me) there is a difference between talking about someone that you don't know (like a rock star or a model or a porn star) on a user-group -- as most folks do here. But Bob talked about woman that he was at shows with on a regular basis. This scene is very small... I stand by my comments 100%
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am

Most folks that aren't uptight let go of a grudge after a little while. Most of the moderately uptight and quite a few of the extremely uptight let it go after someone dies.
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 2:56 pm

You probably should have taken it up with Bob when he was still around to defend himself. I don't ever remember him hassling anybody on here. Nobody's perfect.
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 4:07 pm

^i have a tough time defending dudes who are super sexist or overly pervy, and they usually back off if someone calls them out, but i think the dudes above are right, he's gone, let it go.
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 11:33 am

hmmm... I think this is sort of funny.
Holding a grudge isn't the same thing as being uptight.
Seems to me that Bob would appreciate the fact that I am still pissed.
Guess I know him a little better than most...
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 12:19 pm

You must have a learning disability. If holding grudges and being uptight were the same thing then I wouldn't have to specify varying likelihoods for folks at different points on the laid back/uptight spectrum to hold said grudges.
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Are we really going to talk about learning disabilities on the goner board while having a discussion about bob? Even I'm not that retarded...
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Ida, your grudge has no point anymore. I'm a woman who was never offended by Bob, but find what you're doing here extremely offensive. I'd love to see him tear you down, but he can't. There's a HUGE difference between pervy, and just being a BAD PERSON. I don't trust anyone who's not a little pervy...and I don't trust you...shut up already.
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 1:42 pm

haha, damn!
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 2:28 pm

if only he was here
he'd write something
like this
*#!!$%^?!
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 2:35 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

or some really great/weird haiku about some tranny he may or my not have blown in some alley
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 3:08 pm

I find it more than a tad bit odd that someone called "ida slapter" is bitching about someone disrespecting women!
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 1:32 pm

I find it more than a tad bit odd that someone called "ida slapter" is bitching about someone disrespecting women!
TOTAL!
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 12:39 am

come on. you can get some (A LOT) of irony.

it's an internet handle. not a brand on your forehead.

Ida's been in the middle of a buncha your good musics without you knowin' before anyway so just go back to your nappin' and turn up the jamz!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 11:26 am

my mom's mom name was ida. she gave my mom up for adoption when my mom was 2. i would bad mouth her here, but she's dead.

greg langel wrote me from bob's funeral. i think he actually had a good time at it!
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 11:27 am

nevermind, he was watching it online. weird.
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 11:38 am

what kind of beer did he have?
what jamz did he play?
who's greg langel?
mark beef is a brand on my forehead
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Ida's been in the middle of a buncha your good music

I don't care if he is Matt Johnson from THE FUCKING THE, why is everybody getting their panties in a wad? So he didn't like some guy everybody likes and now he's dead, that's between Ida and Tet, fuck the rest of us. I don't care what you say about me after I die. I'm going to burn my bridges while I'm here and won't give a fuck about who didn't like me, let alone what a bunch of people anonymously post on the Internet.

Hold grudges against the dead if you want. They don't care!
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 5:59 pm

just noticed this, didnt check it before because i didnt recognize the name. damn. one of my favorite late night/early morning posters.

RIP
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 8:23 pm

So I wanted to spill some beer on his grave or put a GONER sticker on his coffin, but there wasn't one. It took all of my energy to keep my sobbing to myself. I had to smack myself on the face to keep my composure; my emotions collided hard with the hangover I brought from Brian's Birthday Bash. Bob was totally there is spirit. I thought that at any moment I was going to puke. I envisioned Bob looking down from above and laughing at me; "One too many at the FUN HUT huh, Tonto." I was trying hard not to drink so much this Winter. The family had some of his many photos through the years out in the lobby. They actually had the old REGGAE CITY sign from years ago. They put out a tin full of Rock&Roll buttons of his. Everybody there put one on. J found a Thin Lizzy '78 tour button, T found a Statics button, and I found a Valentine Killers button. BRK and Bob's son envited everybody back to their place that actually was in my neck of the woods. Thank you for that BRK; hearing Bob stories and some of his past puts things into perspective. The idea was to stay for a quick coffee and cookie then split. The house was so warm and enviting that 10 minutes turned into 2 hours. The bed bug story was off the hook. As hungover as I was, I was able to cheers BOB with a little wine. Thanks again for the books and zines. If I had the room I would have grabbed all of 'em. How strange that I walked by when I did. Seattle will never be the same. LONG LIVE BOB
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 1:54 am

RIP. Forgot tet's name was Bob.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 11:05 am

sounds awesome.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

yeah, totally sucks- love that pic of him with Nobunny. RIP.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Bob always seemed disappointed in me. Like when he found out our band wasn't getting laid al the time. Or when I asked him what "tet68" was. Such looks of disappointment. Bob never disappointed.
although...
I asked Bob to MC a show once and he showed up with DJ Equipment. 2 CD players a mixer!!! maybe even his own table?
He dj'd the whole show.
Super fun though, and he gave us a bunch of awesome mix cds for our van.

Bob in Oakland. Kicked outta the stork club for sneaking in booze. Walks across the street, buys another bottle for his pocket. Walks to adult bookstore, buys a deck of nudie cards to give to the doorguy as an apology.
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Nobunny sexually harassed me once...I was just sitting there and he pulled his dick out and put it 3 inches from my face

I'm gonna do that to him at his funeral
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 10:12 am

Bob, the Mayor of Wallingford....West Sect man. The memorial was a fitting tribute to Bob. Spot on Tonto. Wow, it just really sucks not seeing him around 45th St anymore. Damn. As shocking as it may sound, most of our other neighbors don't really care about records, drinking whiskey or talking shit about the latest show. We miss him.
Rest in peace bud. J & T.
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks G Mangerhoof and Tonto, wish there had been more time for so many things, including having you at our place longer.

Jalert - love the nudie cards; so totally Bob's style.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®