Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Did I just hear the Oblivians on a Nissan commercial?!?
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 9:24 pm | Edited by: roche

Might've been brought up already, but I just heard \"Do The Milkshake\" on a Nissan commercial?!?
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 10:15 pm

who cares if its been brought up before. i just want to see you faggotrons get your periods over this shit.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 10:59 pm | Edited by: eric o

i sure hope so... obviously not as cool as digital leather's "product placement" though.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 9:42 am

Who said anything negative about it?!? Just wasn't sure if it was in fact the Oblivians version ... sounded a bit different to my tinnitus-tinged ears
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:35 pm

I only half-awake heard it this morning, but it sounded more like "Milkshake Baby" off Jack's "Saturday Night Part 2".
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 12:44 am

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:33 am

I heard that the other day too, but thought it was just some other version of Hip Shake. I hope it was the/an Oblivian(s)!
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 9:40 am

crystal lake!
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 10:32 pm

Unless my ears are far more fucked than I know, it's The Oblivians version. You can see it here:
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 10:36 pm

From the Youtube info:
Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/nis...
Advertising Agency: TBWA Toronto, Canada
Creative Director / Writer: Allen Oke
Creative Directors / Art Directors: Mark Mason, Anthony Wolch
Producer: Nadya MacNeil
Director: Mark Zibert
Production Company: Sons and Daughters, Toronto
Executive Producer: Liane Thomas
Line Producer: Rob Allan
Director of Photography: Chris Mably
Editor: Mick Griffin, Rooster, Toronto
Online: Ernie Mordak, Track and Field, Toronto
Music: Joey Serlin, Vapor Music, Toronto
Artist: Oblivians
Song: "Do the Milkshake"
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 10:43 pm

Still remember hearing "Monk Time" on some sports drink commercial, even ten years later. No mistaking that electric banjo violence, especially when it's backing up high school athletes psyching themselves into a frenzy on a school bus...

Clone Defects were on a car commercial too weren't they?!
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 8:23 am

This Andy Richter Nissan commercial's pretty good! He's kinda starting to look like Chris Farley.

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 9:00 am

Fuck Andy Richter AND the Oblivians. Look at this!
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 9:02 am

Milkshake, baby.
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 10:16 am

Eric, are you getting paid for this?
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 11:12 am

Eric's not getting anything.... I'm getting 60k!
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 11:40 am

WHAT?
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 11:42 am

wow. that seems a little more appropriate.
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 12:40 pm

If you lived here in Memphis, you would of seen Jack ballin' in his new Nissan by now.
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 12:45 pm

I seen it! And I saw him perusing the "Metal" selections at Goner with a frown on his face.
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 12:52 pm

Jack knows Nissan and Hanoi Rocks!
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 6:13 pm

Working on the technology to send the Oblivans back in time to perform on Star Search between Geechy Guy and Joe Isuzu. Got a rock tumbler, a Sigue Sigue Sputnik LP and some morning glory seeds already. Just need a dilithium crystal.
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 8:17 pm

Eric's not getting anything.... I'm getting 60k!

from the guy that owns the masters? finally!
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm getting 60k!

If it's a Canadian commercial, does that still work out to, like, $38?
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 10:39 pm | Edited by: dtrain

i think it's Jacks version, on the new saturday night record but i may be mistaken...
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 8:36 am

You are.
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 4:37 pm

its the version off popular favorites
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 8:24 pm

popular favorites

Suggestions for Oblivians new lp : "I CANT see my house from here"
( like that Camel album...but CANT..)

???
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 2:57 pm

Actually, Canadian currency is worth more than it used to be, well... American dollars are worth less, I guess. We were just in Toronto and I was surprised at the exchange rate.
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 3:15 pm

Oh my god....a Nissan is in an Oblivians video! That's awesome.
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 4:42 pm

^ lol
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 4:56 pm

One would have thought that Dairy Queen would have liked to use "Milkshake".
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 10:01 pm

This ain't Dischord....haha. thank God.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:17 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

They put The Dirtbomb's Can't Stop Thinkin About It in a Ford commercial awhile back....I was just impressed that they used their best song...I guess people who buy cars have good taste in music.
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 3:29 pm

this was in the related videos section. enjoy!

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 7:08 am

They put The Dirtbomb's Can't Stop Thinkin About It in a Ford commercial awhile back

I think it's still being used in GM's Mr Goodwrench radio campaign (or it seemed to be a couple month's ago at least)
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 11:08 am

I think it's still being used in GM's Mr Goodwrench radio campaign (or it seemed to be a couple month's ago at least)

Still going strong, and it has been for a looong time. And there was that Walmart ad. Bands, pay attention---hire whoever the Dirtbombs put in charge of handling their licensing. They're doing good work.
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Wow...this ad is on all the time!
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 8:41 am

On thanksgiving day, I watched a dog show on tv and to my surprise they had played part of the Black Lips "Veni Vidi Vici"... And on Californication they played the Monks "Boys Are Boys and Girls" durin' a dirty scene. Just down right silly....
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

I heard they wanted to use a cut from the Oblivians tribute record but the guy who was gonna put it out used the funds to date Myspace hotties so they had to use this one instead. Rev it up!
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 10:46 am

Ned, I really hope to run into you someday. Maybe then I can kick your walker out from under yer old ass and steal yer LifeCall alert necklace...
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 11:24 am

was that 'you got me hummin' in a land rover commercial during the basketball games last night?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®