Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / scottsdale, az
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Gonna be in Scottsdale from 12/24-30 for family stuff. Any recommendations? I'll have a rental car.

A decent dive bar suggestion would be fantastic. - I'll need a place to escape to.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Does the dive bar have to be in Scottsdale?
When I lived in the Valley of the Sun, we thought nothing of driving 45 minutes to go hit the clubz, yo!
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Does the dive bar have to be in Scottsdale?

nope! I'm a fantastic drunk driver!
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 7:22 pm

i think you're on the wrong message board. try AARP.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Weirdly enough there is a "punk" bar there... the last time I was there (6-7 year ago?) my band played with Deadbolt if that gives an idea of what it's like.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Deadbolt

god dammit, like i said try AARP!
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:02 am

Deadbolt

god dammit, like i said try AARP!

Shit... I'm just saying down a vibe for the place, gramps.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:08 pm

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 4:46 pm

http://www.azpunk.com/

email the admin Micah...he'll help ya.
scottsdale is pretty fucking dead tho...expect to drive into metro phx the whole time
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 7:57 pm

I know a guy in Tempe...he'd know...but I'm not gonna ask him for ya cuz he's kind of a creep...just hit the ASU area, Mill Ave and whatnot...yeah, it's bro-pubs and Urban Outfitters, but there's gotta be a decent dive or two on the side streets...there's a GREAT hot-dog place over there too URL...can't be any worse than Olympia, WA!
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 8:08 pm

I LOVE OLY! What they done to the Spar and the Brotherhood is pretty lame, but OLY still rules!
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 1:03 pm

thanks! I lived in Tempe in 91. I was still under 21 and didn't get out from behind the bong too much. Tempe during the holidays is the best time to be there actually. Anyway, I'm thinking an LSD vision quest in the desert is probably the best suggestion.

Is there something wrong with Oly, WA? I've had some good times there - though some real shitty gigs. It definitely trumps Tempe - is there a reason to compare 'em?
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:01 pm

is there a reason to compare 'em?

No, not at all...other than it's the last college-y zone I've gone bar hopping in...and only that once...but I always find bars with bad music packed to the gills with college pukes (the Brotherhood) minorly unpleasant...just sayin, there's dive bar fun to be had pretty much everywhere...
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 10:55 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 1:16 am

also in the phx metropolitan area it seems most bars are in strip malls and have carpet
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 5:26 pm

yucca tap room and/or palo verde for scumfuck experience. the rogue for hipster shit. or coach house for crazy xmas bar. got an hj @ coach house once. so it's a personal fav
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 12:00 am

Bikini Lounge?

http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/outoftown/arizona/phoenix/bi kini/index.htm

I only hung out there once, but it was cheap and okay. From what I recall it's more central phx.
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 12:08 am

everything I've seen of the ASU / Mill Ave area made me want to go on a stabbing spree.

you didn't ask for it, but here's a good / cheap Indian place in Tempe:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=7545806833144124909&q=dehli+pala ce+tempe&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink,view:text&ei=mpscS7e5KYGwsQPv tKCfAQ
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®